the-REAL-Dila...'s profile
Statistics
111 Posts (0.09 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté July 21, 2014, 21:25:23 | #1
Summon osa!

... No? Okay.. I'll go back to my hole.

-Lyia

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755763  Replies : 21  Views : 684
posté July 18, 2014, 20:21:59 | #2
Hello everyone! I've updated the channel and have added a tutorial for Dragon Pig.

You can see the video at this link: Click here

-Lyia

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755073  Replies : 20  Views : 1035
posté June 22, 2014, 03:49:24 | #3
I will follow the El Commendante to the end!

~Protect Nox~

-Not Lyia

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #748051  Replies : 22  Views : 1205
posté June 19, 2014, 02:05:34 | #4

Quote (Dy7 @ 18 June 2014 20:49) *
*Summoned*

The drop revamp is still planned. It is included in a global revamp of many aspects of the game because all these revamps has a direct impact on other ones.

The global revamp touches two global axes:
  • Players evolution: it affects items stats, obtaining items, player characteristics, guideline, monster balancing...
  • HP/Damage/Resist problematic: it affects items stats, player characteristics, monster balancing, etc.

Because we will revamp some items and get into balancing monsters, we will include the Lock/Dodge in the modifications to have a healthy global system.

The "obtaining items" part concerns: Craft, drop and items' rarity. Items' rarity is already included in the items modifications. Drop need some few retakes and to be synchronised with Craft, while Craft need a lot of improvements.

We will also do improvements on player characteristics and guideline at the same time.
Since we recieved valuable information in this thread, don't you think it'd be appropriate to have the DEV tag next to the thread as well? Hopefully you can do that for us sabi.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746765  Replies : 19  Views : 1065
posté May 28, 2014, 21:59:00 | #5
Done! The pure summoner is more up to date than the champion build. If you truly want to be a summoner, I highly suggest following that one. The champion build is more so for people who want to main dragon and summon on the side when they aren't in parties.

-Lyia

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #737681  Replies : 50  Views : 47953
posté May 28, 2014, 19:55:39 | #6
Alright time to update. Give me a couple hours to get home and I promise I'll update the entire thing. There's a lot of points in this guide that are outdated/wrong at the moment. Don't pay attention to it until I update it.

-Lyia

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #737635  Replies : 50  Views : 47953
posté May 14, 2014, 07:37:52 | #7

Quote (Kouromaro @ 14 May 2014 07:17) *
By the way, I wonder if this thread will get taken down...
If it does get taken down, then not only will it prove my point but we're worse off than I thought...

-Lyia

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #731519  Replies : 28  Views : 1259
posté May 14, 2014, 07:12:11 | #8
Look at the recent content added by Ankama: Prospecting caps, relics, hardcore dungeons.

These aren't content, they're padding.

Relics are obviously designed to take months to farm and be very attractive.

Prospecting caps are meant to slow down the progression of players, requiring full teams for things to be farmed.

Hardcore dungeons are a way to release double the content for the work of one, not to mention the hardcore dungeons being artificial difficulty at its finest. (Let's boost the numbers instead of adding interesting mechanics. I heard you liked 800% damage with 500% resis on mobs).

This game is unique. It is loved for being unique. The play style, character classes, art, everything that is great about this game has one thing in common. It was produced when there was still love for this game. The degradation in the quality of the roadmap also gives an indication of how far we've fallen. The 2013 roadmap was great and full of ambition. The 2014 roadmap looks like something someone made out of obligation.

-Lyia

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #731513  Replies : 28  Views : 1259
posté May 14, 2014, 06:51:17 | #9
What if Ankama had competition? After quite a bit of searching, it seems that the only quality SRPG MMO on the market is Wakfu. The only competitor it has is Dofus which is also owned by Ankama. This could be due to several reasons, including the fact that this genre is considerably niche, but the fact remains Ankama has pretty much no competition.

In the past, every company in this situation has had similar results. Their quality of service has degraded to the point where it's practically unusable and yet they are able to charge the same amount of money as they would've if the product was getting the attention it deserved. Sometimes, they even charge more! Take Comcast for example. There are regions in the U.S. where people's only option for internet is Comcast. They are then (and they do) able to charge $60+ a month for a 5mbps connection. Looking further to the past, this happened with Standard Oil. They owned over 60% of the market share of oil and, naturally, they fixed the price in such a way they could minimize effort towards quality while maximizing profit.

Having seen the degradation in quality of Ankama's products (Dofus and Wakfu alike) and with the recent surplus of buyable vanity items it seems that whatever passion the Ankama once had for this game has been lost and instead replaced with a model best suited to optimize monetization and minimize effort. I'm not saying every developer is like this, but it seems that Ankama as a whole, or at least the people in charge, are treating this as a means for money and only that. The only reason Ankama is allowed to get away with this model is because there is literally no competition as far as SRPG MMOs go. If someone decided to take advantage of this situation and try to produce a quality SRPG MMO with the same love that was put into dofus and wakfu when they first came out then I personally believe that Ankama would be in trouble.

-Lyia

This post has been edited by the-REAL-Dilancuan - May 14, 2014, 08:06:34.
Reason for edit : Deleted an unnecessary word
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #731505  Replies : 28  Views : 1259
posté May 10, 2014, 06:17:09 | #10
What if we had a breastplate that only gave an MP that had 6 rune slots on it that you could put -any- rune into called the Tabula Rasa?

(Yes, I did steal that from another game. Kudos if you know what game.)

-Lyia

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #729963  Replies : 100  Views : 2633
posté April 23, 2014, 23:30:22 | #11
WTB Solomonk and PDB frags, also buying Eskarina's hammer! As the title says, I'm buying PDB frags, solomonk frags, and an Eskarina's hammer. PM me in game on leave a comment here!

-Lyia

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #720141  Replies : 0  Views : 111
posté April 20, 2014, 19:26:43 | #12
House of Night is now redesigning our Haven World!!

Our long overdue haven world remodel is well overdue! Below, you will find info about the new Haven World designs. Please, vote for your favourite. You can reply here with your vote or message me (Lyia) or Nalon in game.

The scale is 3 wakfu cells = 1 cell on that grid

Rings

This one revolves around the idea of using rings to divide up the Haven World. This allows for a more towny-feel while still maintaining structure.

GD = Gardens
GH = Guild Hall
MP = Marketplace
I = Unrestricted access
II = Guild members only
III = Officers only (will contain mob pens)

Those house looking things are houses

Districts

Here's the second one! This one is based more so off of districts than rings. This one goes for pure functionality. What we lose in aesthetics, we gain in organization.

Key:
I = unrestricted
II = Guild members only
III = Officers only
GH = Guild Hall
Craft dist = Crafting District
CBT = Combat District
RD = Residential
MD = Market District
GD = garden
Phoenix is in the same place

RPG Town

This one is a little more open and isn't as structured. The idea behind this is to make the HW resemble more of an RPG town. I didn't draw many walkways or really clarify the districts because it's meant to be open and change with time just like a real town. A monster pen was not added to the template, but we can add one to the nobility district easily.

Key:
MD = Market District
RD = Residential District
ND = Nobility District
PD = Palace District
DF = Dark Forest
GH = Guild Hall
I = unrestricted
II = Guild members only
III = Officers only

Be sure to vote~!

Current Votes:

RINGS: 3

DISTRICTS: 2

RPG TOWN: 4

-Lyia

This post has been edited by the-REAL-Dilancuan - April 22, 2014, 01:55:59.
Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #718695  Replies : 107  Views : 8109
posté April 18, 2014, 00:20:27 | #13
Because Croak is a diagonal cast only, you won't see a change in the range unless it is a number divisible by 2. Each diagonal cell counts as two (up on, to the right one)/(up one, left one)/ect/ect. So since you're at 2-9 you won't see an increase until you're at 2-10.

-Lyia

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #717441  Replies : 1  Views : 186
posté April 11, 2014, 19:49:29 | #14

Quote (HateSpawn @ 11 April 2014 19:44) *
For the record I dont know how it would work with a fire fogger instead of a damage dealer. Replacing the Sadi was easy because the dps did 13 of the frenzies
Hmm, I wouldn't mind respecing my fogger as omni. There's only two spells from the fire and stasis branch I really use anyway. I already have sage, so if I need to level some earth spells I can. I already have all the passives, foggers aren't really hard pressed for specialties since there's only like 4 must-haves for an omni build.

-Lyia

This post has been edited by the-REAL-Dilancuan - April 11, 2014, 19:51:01.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #714615  Replies : 40  Views : 1649
posté April 11, 2014, 19:42:13 | #15
While we're on the subject. If anyone needs a decent fogger for their Dragon Pig group, my fogger currently isn't in one. He's a 132 fire/stasis fogger in sage. I made him primarily for AoE spam, but his stasis damage is decent. If you want him in, you can pm me in game on Lyia or Sunder. (Sunder is the name of the fogger).

-Lyia

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #714607  Replies : 40  Views : 1649
posté April 11, 2014, 12:53:36 | #16
As a loyalist to the old regime, I don't approve of this change! We shall stand strong against this silly uprising. Mini will remain governor forever. Long live Mini, true queen of Brakmar!

[Starts a riot]

-Lyia

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #714353  Replies : 18  Views : 927
posté April 11, 2014, 07:04:58 | #17
WTB Eskarina's Hammer! As the title says, I'm looking for an Eskarina's hammer. I'm willing to buy it or I'll trade you my Ratty Riot Shield + Fryou's Staff for it.

PM me in-game on Lyia, Sunder, or Lyia's Grandfather

-Lyia

This post has been edited by the-REAL-Dilancuan - April 11, 2014, 07:05:30.
Thread : Trade  Preview message : #714265  Replies : 0  Views : 101
posté April 07, 2014, 19:11:38 | #18

Quote (HateSpawn @ 07 April 2014 14:40) *
summon osa is piss easy to gear lol

They used to be. Now days to stay competitive as a summon osa you need to get something along the lines of this Click here

-Lyia

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #712759  Replies : 7  Views : 424
posté April 04, 2014, 18:12:27 | #19

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 04 April 2014 17:50) *

Quote (the-REAL-Dilancuan @ 04 April 2014 17:17) *
Between the new summons, new gear, and fungus mobs.. I'm pretty freaking excited!

As far as the topographical location goes,

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Does this mean that the desert is in the former Sidimote Moor from dofus? The new Fungus area seems to have a strong resemblance to the Fungus caverns from Dofus. For the sake of nostalgia, I hope they're fairly similar. Do you think we'll see a return of the Ougaa?

-Lyia
It can't be the exactly same place, as the island already existed back in the age of Dofus, according to the devblog. Also, I'm pretty sure that we sadly won't see Ougaa yet, unless the Blackspore temple is devoted to her, although considering the fact that it's probably linked to the weird amoeba monster statue of which is a reward from the main quest, it doesn't really seem all that likely.

I think that Ougaa would be a perfect choice for an UB for this area, if we'll ever get more of them after the problems with DP, though.

The dev blog also makes a reference to a fungi master which implies these could be descendants of the dofus fungi masters south of bonta. Geographically, this would make sense too since the desert island is closer to bonta than it is to brakmar. Maybe it could've been an island between Otomai's island and bonta? There's also a possibility that this could be an island north of the former Cania desert?

-Lyia

This post has been edited by the-REAL-Dilancuan - April 04, 2014, 18:13:52.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #711477  Replies : 15  Views : 1174
posté April 04, 2014, 18:04:57 | #20

Quote (Noobility @ 04 April 2014 18:01) *

Quote (RyF @ 04 April 2014 17:14) *
Hello !
The drop rate was not changed in anyway for Solomonk Fragments.

Have a nice day

Fixed

10/10

-Lyia

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #711475  Replies : 25  Views : 1667