Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Discuss your Masqueraider builds
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté August 29, 2013, 02:10:23 | #1
Discuss your Masqueraider builds I'd mostly like to gather some information from you all as research of sorts for my guide.

Let's talk about builds what gear we use what spells we use etc and help each other out the best we can.

I'm a water/air masqueraider with my two main spells being classerole and fugue with spitfall and classtanet being my backups. 10/6 with 400 in both elements (will be 490/475 after I gear up with wabbit gear)

I don't really know much about fire masks so thats mainly where my curiosity is coming from. So if anyone mains a fire mask id love to hear about your builds and how you play

and if anyone has any questions for me id love to hear them as well (:

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-12-31
posté August 29, 2013, 09:10:48 | #2
4 skills isn't enough to avoid xp burn I think (especially cross element). What other skills do you level up?

posté August 29, 2013, 17:14:37 | #3

Quote (Pointyy @ 29 August 2013 09:10) *
4 skills isn't enough to avoid xp burn I think (especially cross element). What other skills do you level up?
The xp burn isn't an issue. I get help from people that have spent a ridiculously long time working out the math involved with the spell exp distribution.

I'd take a screenshot but apparently theres maintenance right now? I'll have to wait until later and edit this post. @_@

ANYWAY the build originally was planned to be fugue - classtanet - fugue - classtanet - fugue and whatever AP I gained from critting/burst of wakfu would go towards obviously more fugues/classtanets.

This is obviously not going to happen 100% of the time which is where classerole comes into play. If the situation calls for it I can use classerole. Double is placed behind me for x5 fugues and a classtanet over the monster or over the double to either give double x5 fugues or to give the double classerole backstab on the monster/person depending on what I feel is going to work better. It helps a lot considering I can switch up depending on the monsters resists or not.

think of it as an air mask that has the ability to use water if the situation calls for it.

My spell exp is spread out as follows

for laziness the order of these numbers have nothing to do with spell order its just an example

60/60/60/115/125
60/60/60/115/125
15/15/15/15/15

This is obviously increased when spell level gear is involved which I have +4 air and +3 water boosting them a little bit more.

Now I get asked a lot why I leveled spitfall instead of spitoon and the answer to that question is spitfall to me is a backup for when i'm either

A ) Too far away from the enemy to do my main rotation
B ) Need to use some emergency heals on my team mates

At first it was more of a "I really don't know if I'll ever NEED to do this but i'll try it" type of deal but after a while of playing it has come in handy more times than I can count on both hands and my team mates usually thank me for it and make comments like "damn thats really handy". It makes me feel good about my build and makes me feel like I made a right choice when it comes to picking my spells.

What is your build? And i'll accept any criticisms or suggestions if you have them. I'd love to perfect this build so any help is greatly appreciated.

I also know that you don't like the masked spirit so i'd really appreciate it if we didn't argue about that anymore lol we both have our reasons I think we can just agree to disagree @_@ and be civil

This post has been edited by MiniMikeh - August 29, 2013, 17:21:27.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-12-31
posté August 30, 2013, 04:16:44 | #4
Why do you level fire to 15/15/15/15/15?

Leveling to 22/21/8/8/7 will give 2% more mastery  

posté August 30, 2013, 04:23:33 | #5
the 15's are just an example right now my fire branch isnt even leveled because im not capped lol

just put it there to avoid being asked why I left it out.

This post has been edited by MiniMikeh - August 30, 2013, 04:26:39.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-10-03
posté August 30, 2013, 17:44:54 | #6
I am a fire/air masq, with fire as my main and air for positioning. For the most part I use all of my fire spells because of the AoE factor, which usually makes me a wanted team member with a sac for unintended damage. I am a level 39(soon to be 40) and my fire spells are 33/33/34/33/34, while my air spells are 11/26/11/10/11. Scherzo is a great spell for push back and cost no ap, and is great because I am always in CC. For my build I have decided to go dodge/lock/crit/CDB with element buff for the two elements of course.
As for my water tree it is 3/0/0/0/0, reason for this is because Fugue again is a good push spell and helps for when I need to get away for a fire attack the next turn, such as Psyk-Out. and I have no real need for the water tree. I am currently in Cloudy Tofu with little odds and ends like The Sad Blade, which gives a decent amount of stats that I am looking and with very little draw backs. I also have Mask Master maxed and Artful Dodger at level 15 with Pychopath at level 3. With that current set up I can easily do 30-50+ base damage and 100-200+ with crit with the fire tree, and 20-30+ base capping at 40-50+ with crit for the air tree(mainly Fugue).
Yes, it may not seem like a lot, but for my level it is pretty decent damage. At level 40 I will have +3 crits(I believe, I am in class so I will have to edit when I get home), and +1 ap. So with the Cloudy Tofu set, I am sitting with 7 ap and 4 mp which presently is enough for my needs though I am looking into adding a mp so that I can have anywhere from 4-6 mp depending on the set.

posté August 30, 2013, 17:56:30 | #7
that sounds pretty good! if I may ask what passives do you plan on maxing as you level? and do you run into a lot of trouble with your aoes hitting team mates?

posté August 30, 2013, 18:10:44 | #8
I have already maxed out Mask Master as I stated before, and I'm working on maxing Artful Dodge then Psychopathic Mask. Presently Artful is level 15 and Psycho is level 3. Yes I do run into that issue and No I don't. I don't because up until recently I have been a solo player, and when I do team up people don't listen to me and get hit, OR they are a Sac and it doesn't matter anyway because it helps them out in the end.

How ever I am having this issue become more prominent in my playing/playing style, and its sad but I have just gotten use to it. I do warn them before my turn and on my turn when I realize they are in my way

posté August 30, 2013, 18:15:37 | #9
Yeah when it comes to later in the game youll probably run into people that know what they are doing so they'll understand when you tell them to move or get whacked.

i'm guessing you don't rely on psyk-out? or is it like a last resort type deal

posté August 30, 2013, 19:21:11 | #10
I use it in a strict case by case bases. Like say a dungeon boss has 200 HP left and I have been getting crits, I will use it in hopes of getting that crit. Or like a big mob with a group of monsters in a perfect line, I will use it then with no second thoughts. But as to rely on it I can't say that I do, but I also don't know any fire/air build masq so I don't know if they rely on it or not.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-02-27
posté September 03, 2013, 20:42:41 | #11
Being that i was a fire masq for the longest time till recently when i went water to be a bit more useful for other content. (But already regretting the decision, and wanting to go back to fire because it was much more enjoyable) I mainly used the first, 3rd and 5th spells in the fire branch, only using the 2nd air spell to put stuff into position for myself, if needed. But i never really had much issue with positioning, and when I can also get some nice wabbit gear and get to a higher level, i will change back to fire and probably go fire/water, with water being mainly for supporting should someone need some quick heals. (But god do i miss being fire. xD Even though i get a single crit on water for about 1300+ or so sometimes.)
(PS. I also never really found the need to max Psycho Mask, so i usually had it at 5/6 when i ran around.. it seemed just fine for me and i could use those points in other things as i usually got hit enough as it was. :/ )

This post has been edited by Reime - September 03, 2013, 20:54:07.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-06-04
posté September 04, 2013, 13:05:43 | #12
Fire Masq Build Here:

9AP/4MP

Passives:
Psycopath Mask- 9
Masked Spirit - 9
Artful Dodger - 20
Masked Master - 20
Burst of Wakfu - 14

Im currently Maxing Burst of Wakfu, then after that i'll go for Charade.

For my stats, i put 2 for AP and i'll be putting 1 for MP for it to have 5MP.. the rest i don't know yet where it will go, i'm choosing for these two: intelligence (increase 0.5% damage&resistance for Fire base skills or Critical Hits chances percentage (increase Crit Chances).

Im building for a Full Damager/Hitter Masq, though it lacks resistance, but i find it useful killing mobs faster with the use of Masked Spirit.

Main Skills:
Psyk-Out (deals a Great Damage if it Crit plus Psyk-out another one for the Masked Spirit )
Psykotik
Fracture

Scherzo (Air) - i use this if i have 2MP left (without moving in my position after attacking)

What would be the best Equipment set for a Fire Masq that you can recommend at level 90-100+?
that increases Fire base Damage, Crits..?
(Aside from Magog/Gobbalrog Set which are at higher level and difficult to get/have. )

Thanks Guys!

posté September 04, 2013, 17:06:52 | #13
Being that there are two fire build masq/ex fire build, I have this question, would it be better to go pure fire or should I continue with my build? My reason for asking is because of the fact that I am finding myself using the fire tree more than the air now. There is almost a 30 level difference between my two trees and honestly I am liking the damage from the fire tree. Though recently I bought/was given a royal tofu set and it brought up my air damage to 92% where as my fire is 126%. However my crits and crit damage has suffered from the change of gear. Any tips or suggestions?

posté September 04, 2013, 19:53:16 | #14
If you don't mind my pointing out why did you stat 2 ap? o.o

You should get plenty of ap from amulets, weapons, capes it just seems like a huge waste of stat points (unless youre really hurting for kamas)

Quote (DragonPods @ 04 September 2013 17:06) *
Being that there are two fire build masq/ex fire build, I have this question, would it be better to go pure fire or should I continue with my build? My reason for asking is because of the fact that I am finding myself using the fire tree more than the air now. There is almost a 30 level difference between my two trees and honestly I am liking the damage from the fire tree. Though recently I bought/was given a royal tofu set and it brought up my air damage to 92% where as my fire is 126%. However my crits and crit damage has suffered from the change of gear. Any tips or suggestions?
hybrid builds are difficult at lower levels. Once you level more youll find more gear options to go with that suite your build to even out the damages

fire/air has recently gotten a lot of options 100+ you got mecha, white crow, imperial blibli, exotic

it may be useful for you to poke around on Click here

take a look at gear see what suites your build also take a look at all damage gear as that will work as well.

Vampyro is a great starter mask set as it gives a lot of dodge and all damage and if you are tight for money as you level and need something to go to I recommend saving up for it or farming it.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-06-04
posté September 05, 2013, 14:27:52 | #15
Yep, it was a huge waste of stat points. (150 stat points)
initially, it should be a +1AP and +1MP but my li'l brother had put a +1 on AP while i was away, do we have another respec after level 30??
with 9AP/4MP -

Active skills i can do:
1 - Psyk-Out
1 - Psykotik

or

3 - Fracture
1 - Scherzo

or

2 - Psykotik
1 - Fracture
1 - Scherzo

what is the max stat points can we get at Level 140?
which would you prefer for the rest of the stats? Dodge? Critical Hits? Intelligence?
i haven't use up all my points yet but i'll be putting 1 for MP or maybe not anymore because of the points added to AP.. im thinking.. 

These sets that are in my thoughts before when i was buying my first set at level 70:

Lunar Set + Imperial Crab Set (level 72)

Dark Hurl Set ( i have this now.. the rest are pieces of Lunar set : amulet, boots, and 2 rings)

Moowolf Set ( im thinking to use its amulet because of +1AP)

Weapon: Inflatable sword and Assasin Dagger..... forgot the whole name..

This post has been edited by Felrhad - September 05, 2013, 14:38:09.
posté September 05, 2013, 17:39:47 | #16
Honestly if you can eventually restat (the last global restat was last patch :s we won't be getting another one unless they buff/nerf masks or if you buy one from cash shop/do the quest)

I'd do 1 Ap, 1 MP, and then a balance between crit and intelligence I use dodge a lot because im a hybrid but with single elements it might be better to stat intel while having dodge damage come from gear.

Maybe like 5 crit rest intel or something along those lines

moowolf is a really nice set to it adds a lot of crits and the AP  

posté September 09, 2013, 16:25:36 | #17
So I have almost in my level 60-70 set and decided to mess around with the set builder for my level 70-90ish set. If ya'll wouldn't mind taking a look at it and giving some pointers it would be greatly appreciated.

Also I have spent a little bit of time messing around with the water tree, even though I don't really care for it. How ever it is REALLY fun!
Click Here

This post has been edited by DragonPods - September 09, 2013, 16:27:49.
posté September 09, 2013, 20:10:29 | #18

Quote (DragonPods @ 09 September 2013 16:25) *
So I have almost in my level 60-70 set and decided to mess around with the set builder for my level 70-90ish set. If ya'll wouldn't mind taking a look at it and giving some pointers it would be greatly appreciated.

Also I have spent a little bit of time messing around with the water tree, even though I don't really care for it. How ever it is REALLY fun!
Click Here
It doesn't look that bad from what I can see

i'm honestly impressed at your damage percents with your level especially with wakfu elements not counting dodge damage my only suggestion is dodge over intel/agility but that's just a personal preference thing you'll be fine doing what you're doing since youll get more resists ;P

I'm just a dodge gambling junky its where half my fun comes from

posté September 09, 2013, 20:51:19 | #19
I completely understand and for my sets later on, I am working on getting more dodge. Being that I have had a lot of free time away from my person computer today I decided to mess around with the set builder and came up with two more sets. A late 90's set and a late to early 120 set. Both having a good bit of dodge. However it is going to be a decent penny pincher.

posté September 09, 2013, 21:22:56 | #20
Yeah my mask right now is becoming a penny pincher xD i'm lucky that I've gotten a lot of help from guildies though only missing like 2 more pieces of gear. not counting weapons.

keep me posted though! i'd love to hear about how you progress