Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Discuss your Masqueraider builds
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté September 09, 2013, 23:31:22 | #21
I'm currently focusing on making sure my masq has plenty of reach on the map, currently water since it has the only two modifiable ranges in its skill sets.

It's more support/kite based with heals and still above average damage, and while I have a set idea that is fairly plausible and not too difficult to acquire, I still have quite a few levels to go.

But it will be really pretty nice with
+3range
10ap/6mp
333 dodge (needing the tufty tofu)
My water damage around 330% water damage and 20% heals without the dodge bonus and nation/guild bonuses.
My crit would only be 26, and only 1.5k hp, but fits the paly style I enjoy and actually has respectable resists too. but it is end game and quite some time until then, but i would love to reach this point.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté September 10, 2013, 01:01:49 | #22
330 without the dodge seems pretty impressive certainly not bad.

I'm guessing you're gonna do 2 spitfall 1 backbeat? that's the only combo I can think of based on your description.

I used to do 2 spitfall 1 spitbull in my support build on nox with spitoon for damage. It was pretty fun.  

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-04-27
posté September 10, 2013, 08:03:05 | #23
I'm pure DD with 436 dmg (also 60 crit dmg and 50 backstab), 289 dodge, 9 AP, 6 MP, 36 CH, about 200 water resist, 100 resists on other elements and 1486 hp.
I'm kinda dissapointed on the game's current water sets and how little CH, HP and resist/block they give.
Only thing I can think of to improve at this point is Relic, Larduos set and a better weapon that gives hp, +40 dmg, +1 range, resist/block and 3 - 4 ch.
I'm lvl 129 water masq.
I use double spittoons and on off turn I use double.

~Trachinus Draco

This post has been edited by MereBytes - September 10, 2013, 08:09:49.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-03-10
posté September 10, 2013, 08:29:54 | #24
I am very much considering rolling a masq with my panda since at heart I have always been a melee player and the way a masq can move around the map really intrigues me. I would have gone earth/air rogue which is very good but I just don't like having to kite and be protected, just not my style . I decided on a fire masq since I enjoy having strong aoe options and I like the damage per AP cost ratios. Of course I will be using air spells for positioning but not enough to consider myself a hybrid.

From what I have researched on masqs this is how I will be building him from level 1-100. (any constructive criticism is welcome)

Stats -

All HP or Intelligence till level 30 Respec
1 AP
1 MP
Dump rest into Intelligence or Dodge (from what I can tell by the time you would have 300 points spent this way which = 100 int or 150 dodge, the only difference in damage is less than 10%, the real difference is style of play whether you want the fire resist from int or the dodge mechanic from dodge)

Support spells (in order) -

Masked spirit
Burst of Wakfu
Artful dodger
Mask Master
Psycho Mask
Charade

Gear - (fillers not included just the main sets to shoot for)

Gobball set
Royal Tofu or Golden Scara set
Imperial Tofu + Imperial Gobball set
Infernal set (could use divine tofu alongside this as well but would be by far harder/more expensive to obtain than anything to date)
Dark hurl set
Moowolf set + some Vamp

The only concern I have at the moment is my support spell skill order. Masked spirit first for sure for me, but not sure if it's worth getting artful dodger/mask master early on since I won't have any substantial dodge from stats, some people seem to think so. Having a guaranteed 2 AP bonus to every other turn as long as a WP is spent on those same turns from burst of wakfu first seems too good to pass up.

(Edit) - I meant to say charade not carnival, my bad it is now fixed. :/

This post has been edited by Sauceman2 - September 10, 2013, 09:45:03.
posté September 10, 2013, 08:43:31 | #25
Can I ask why carnival instead of charade?

Both fire and water masks consume wakfu like crazy charade is almost a staple unless you want to become gimped after your wakfu is gone

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté September 10, 2013, 08:44:04 | #26

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 10 September 2013 01:01) *
330 without the dodge seems pretty impressive certainly not bad.

I'm guessing you're gonna do 2 spitfall 1 backbeat? that's the only combo I can think of based on your description.

I used to do 2 spitfall 1 spitbull in my support build on nox with spitoon for damage. It was pretty fun.
Right, and it also allows me to have a bit of fun in 1v1s, because I can Dance of Death for +2ap and 3xBackbeat and hightail it going from Close Combat to 13 spaces on distance between me and my target. It's really funny at times.
I also like being able to push things back without getting close, and can deal damage from afar, almost like a water cra at 1-8range, or I can still smash faces in when in close combat, when I need to. And having the ability to have my clone do one job while I handle another is something I just really love doing.
Whether or not it is truly worth it depends on if +3range really makes a difference in team fights with 10ap or if trying to capitalize on range just doesnt work even with my choice of spells on a masq.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-06-04
posté September 15, 2013, 20:21:07 | #27
Hi Guys, i find it difficult as one element in taking out UB's, and Mobs that changes resistance on an element.. im thinking to do Dual element at level 115+ level..

Im thinking of a Secondary element for my Masq (Fire element is my primary).
actually now, im thinking as water for my secondary element, since Excarnus set can give me both Fire and Water elements. or maybe i should get one Equipment set for each element type to be used for UB's... but of course, i need to level other element skills again from scratch...

Confused.. which is which? Air Mask is good too, give damage buffs and AP chance to party/allies..

which one should i level for secondary element? which can be advantageous for UB Battles.

posté September 16, 2013, 02:40:21 | #28

Quote (Felrhad @ 15 September 2013 20:21) *
Hi Guys, i find it difficult as one element in taking out UB's, and Mobs that changes resistance on an element.. im thinking to do Dual element at level 115+ level..

Im thinking of a Secondary element for my Masq (Fire element is my primary).
actually now, im thinking as water for my secondary element, since Excarnus set can give me both Fire and Water elements. or maybe i should get one Equipment set for each element type to be used for UB's... but of course, i need to level other element skills again from scratch...

Confused.. which is which? Air Mask is good too, give damage buffs and AP chance to party/allies..

which one should i level for secondary element? which can be advantageous for UB Battles.
I like water/air because both I can use during UBs. Water I can use if I need to heal people and play the support role which has happened a couple of times so far not only at UBs but in dungeons as well.

I think fire/air or fire/water could work. Fire/air has more gear options that aren't crazy ridiculous but if you have the ability to obtain larduous set I would go for water/fire as it will prove to be crazy helpful having range options and fugue/psynapse are both a really good combo to use as fire/water

i'm thinking its gonna come down to your gear options. If you want cheap, easily obtainable gear compared to water/fire i'd pick fire/air. If money isn't an obstacle water/fire

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté September 17, 2013, 17:17:15 | #29
I will post my full build in 2 weeks time when I reach the proper level.

On the set builder I did not raise water or fire , I have not leveled any past lv 40 at present.
I choose to put the MP attack low as I use it to move myself and team mates all the time.

My build is air crit build which I have tons of fun playing. This build has low dodge so I just move and jump over stuff instead to gain backstab when possible.

Crit= +AP= LOLs.

Both builds 10 AP/ 6 MP.
Stats always
1 AP
1 MP
ALL crit
ALL dodge

Level 110 set and spells.
45% crit , 320% air damage +189 dodge=376% final air damage.
+25% backstab +20% critical hit bonus

Level 140 set and spells.
48% crit, 364% air+ 242 dodge = 436% final air damage.
+60% backstab +58% critical hit bonus

Specialties in order
Carnival to 1 level 2
Masked Spirit max level 22
Classic mask max level 42
Burst of Wakfu max level 62
Artful dodger max level 82
Charade to 10 level 92
Mask Master max level 112
Charade max level 122

I am undecided on the rest of the points up to level 140.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - September 17, 2013, 17:24:12.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté September 23, 2013, 02:36:50 | #30
I enjoy my Air/Crit Masq. The higher it gets the more it comes into its own. One neat little trick to get your pushback dmg. Cast your double beside mob and your on other side of it. Then use classanet to jump to back of mob and push it into double. Then pound away with rest of mana and your doubles turn. Can get out some good damage. If anyone has any questions about how I have been working on it let me know.

posté September 29, 2013, 07:07:44 | #31
Since i'm somewhat at a point where i'm confident enough to post my build I figured I would.

So there you have it folks. Feel free to rip into me or something which I know you might hahaha

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté September 29, 2013, 18:52:43 | #32
I don't understand why you have classanet leveled over another spell. Its a very useful spell its just not great on damage and does the same effect at any level.

posté September 29, 2013, 21:11:35 | #33
Oh trust me thats getting changed soon. It was leveled originally because I had planned on actually using it with fugue but my rotation has changed so drastically after getting experience from playing with the build that it is no longer needed.

classablanca will most likely be what I level instead with classtanet being lowered immensely

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-08-24
posté September 30, 2013, 12:34:55 | #34

Quote (JerryDB @ 17 September 2013 17:17) *
I will post my full build in 2 weeks time when I reach the proper level.

On the set builder I did not raise water or fire , I have not leveled any past lv 40 at present.
I choose to put the MP attack low as I use it to move myself and team mates all the time.

My build is air crit build which I have tons of fun playing. This build has low dodge so I just move and jump over stuff instead to gain backstab when possible.

Crit= +AP= LOLs.

Both builds 10 AP/ 6 MP.
Stats always
1 AP
1 MP
ALL crit
ALL dodge

Level 110 set and spells.
45% crit , 320% air damage +189 dodge=376% final air damage.
+25% backstab +20% critical hit bonus

Level 140 set and spells.
48% crit, 364% air+ 242 dodge = 436% final air damage.
+60% backstab +58% critical hit bonus

Specialties in order
Carnival to 1 level 2
Masked Spirit max level 22
Classic mask max level 42
Burst of Wakfu max level 62
Artful dodger max level 82
Charade to 10 level 92
Mask Master max level 112
Charade max level 122

I am undecided on the rest of the points up to level 140.

Plus a lot of damage from nation and guild bonuses. :"D
About 30-50
I made the same build(110 lvl, but you need to get 112 for ketcha) some time ago. o.0 And I will use this till I can wear black wabbits parts. ^^

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté November 16, 2013, 14:38:15 | #35
Sorry I thought I commented here.

Here is my full air/crit build when I have more time I will update it further and further. 

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-10-03
posté November 27, 2013, 10:09:57 | #36
A little up date, I am no longer a Fire/Air Masq, but instead a Fire/Water/Air masq. With being a tri masq, I have to rely heavily on my dodge stat for enough damage to make up for what my set doesnt give. But being that there iant much gear that give dodge for general damage, finding gear isnt a easy task.

posté January 02, 2014, 16:53:43 | #37
Hi! New player here, and I decided to play Masqueraider as my first character.
I currently build fire/air hybrid:
Fire Skills
Fracture
Hornito
Psyk Out

Air Skills
Classerole
Classablanca
Classtanet *situational use only

Then for passives, at level 32 i have maxed mask master, and levels into artful dodger.
I have completely no idea as to what i should wear at my current level, I use stalagmite something set right now, which I bought cheap in the market.

I mainly wear classic mask to get around the map, and then use Fracture and Hornito for damage, with 7 AP I can switch to fire mask to use Psyk Out when the situation calls for it.

My air damage is kinda lacking, I am considering resetting and switching to mono fire for more damage, Suggestions?

Also where might I solo level at 32?

P.S. right now I only have +1 AP, saving up for +1 MP.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-02-10
posté January 04, 2014, 09:51:37 | #38
Here's what my build looks like atm, for any air/ fire masqs out there this is a really good set up  

posté January 30, 2014, 21:37:13 | #39
I'm kinda new, my mask is only 44, but I'm building him water/air. He currently has the cloudy Tofu set, with a regular tofu amulet and ring. He's alright, he can definitely do damage whenever he scores a crit, but when he doesn't he feels kinda lacking, I mostly spam Classerole, and Classablanca, once I run out of Wakfu points then I swap out Classablanca with Classtanet. I'm mostly focusing on crit right now, with dodge coming right after, is there anything I could be doing better with him? Any air/crit items that I should be looking for? Any moves I should be focusing on?

posté January 30, 2014, 23:38:06 | #40

Quote (CreativeUsername @ 30 January 2014 21:37) *
I'm kinda new, my mask is only 44, but I'm building him water/air. He currently has the cloudy Tofu set, with a regular tofu amulet and ring. He's alright, he can definitely do damage whenever he scores a crit, but when he doesn't he feels kinda lacking, I mostly spam Classerole, and Classablanca, once I run out of Wakfu points then I swap out Classablanca with Classtanet. I'm mostly focusing on crit right now, with dodge coming right after, is there anything I could be doing better with him? Any air/crit items that I should be looking for? Any moves I should be focusing on?
A huge problem with masqueraiders and really wakfu in general is you're gonna have a hard time realizing your characters full potential until 100+

lower level gear is severely lacking in a lot of stats that are essential to a characters success basically you just gotta keep at it and eventually you'll start to see yourself improving quicker

Your skill choices are pretty good so far though for just starting out classerole, classablanca are both staple air mask spells if you haven't already I highly suggest taking a look at my air/water masqueraider guide Click here it has some explanations of what spells you want to go for and if you read through the thread I answer a couple questions that might help you as well