Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

The Masqueraider Class Thread and class, Masq dead or not?
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-10-03
posté September 24, 2013, 16:44:56 | #1
The Masqueraider Class Thread and class So I was looking threw the thread today, mostly out of boredom and to get some ideals for my build, and I noticed that:

1. The thread is kinda "dead" compared to all the other class threads.
  2. And there isn't much talk about people's ingame characters, if indeed they have one

My question is how come? Or am I missing something?

Even in game I see a ton of other classes running around on the Nox server, but rarely ever run into another masq. My level, higher, or even lower. I would think because of how fun the class is that there would be: A. More talk on the class thread; and B. More of them running around at various levels. How ever this doesn't seem to be the case.

What I find a little unsettling is the fact that the most written on thread, as of late, is "What Changes Would You Make To The Masq?". While yes I agree that there are somethings that I would like to see changed and the class, and I like some of the points that are put in that thread(and even posted in it myself). I still find it unsettling....

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté September 24, 2013, 19:25:17 | #2
Because the entire mindset of nox is. "Does the class have burst damage? No? okay I won't play it"

Someone started showing off spitoon in 5th one day and its just now catching on everyones going "all masks suck but water why would you play anything else" Air masks are just as good if not better the only difference being ranged and melee. Fire masks could use some help but they aren't bad either.

Bottom line we aren't a popular class right now because we don't have an over powered mechanic like most classes. Fussilade, Cat tree, karchmarack, hell almost all the panda passives in general.

Masked spirit would be this for us but its damage linked like a totem. That's the only issue I have with it holding it back. Twice a turn? Fine I can handle it. 1 wakfu point and some ap? fine I can handle that. but the damage link is a bit to much compared to what other classes are capable of.

posté September 24, 2013, 20:13:14 | #3
Ok, I understand that mindset but I don't agree with it. From level 1-40 that, if you level Mask Master and Artful Dodger first, you slowly get you damage laid out for you. BUT after level 40, I find that the class has a GREAT burst of damage. Its what I would call a late game bloomer.

For someone to show off with a move before the server decided to play the class, that's a bit wrongish. Yea, the Water build as a combat build I am now finding it to be a very strong build. Air is extremely strong in the sense of pushback damage, yet people have told me that the Air build is rather weak compared to the others. Honestly without getting your target in a corner and pushing it against a wall, then yes you will be weak. The Fire build is a strong build, aside from the fact that you get -resist with the +damage.

I like you think that the Masked Spirit would be our OP aspect. However I don't like the fact that 1. You only have two turns with it maxed. And 2. You get the damage that the spirit takes, even if it could be a great help it can also be a great issue. I think it should be more like the Sram's double than it is now. The only other issue I have is that when you change from, say the Fire mask, you lost the buff from that mask the moment you swap instead or having at least till the end of your turn with the buff that was obtained.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-04-09
posté September 24, 2013, 21:03:26 | #4

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 24 September 2013 19:25) *
Because the entire mindset of nox is. "Does the class have burst damage? No? okay I won't play it"

Someone started showing off spitoon in 5th one day and its just now catching on everyones going "all masks suck but water why would you play anything else" Air masks are just as good if not better the only difference being ranged and melee. Fire masks could use some help but they aren't bad either.

Bottom line we aren't a popular class right now because we don't have an over powered mechanic like most classes. Fussilade, Cat tree, karchmarack, hell almost all the panda passives in general.

Masked spirit would be this for us but its damage linked like a totem. That's the only issue I have with it holding it back. Twice a turn? Fine I can handle it. 1 wakfu point and some ap? fine I can handle that. but the damage link is a bit to much compared to what other classes are capable of.
talking without knowing lol, yet nox didnt dupe kamas or had botting HWs.... i love support classes, i play a support tank feca, i dont care about damage so stop saying the "entire mindset of nox" ok? tty gg bye

This post has been edited by saphiLC - September 24, 2013, 21:03:48.
posté September 24, 2013, 21:27:54 | #5

Quote (saphiLC @ 24 September 2013 21:03) *

talking without knowing lol, yet nox didnt dupe kamas or had botting HWs.... i love support classes, i play a support tank feca, i dont care about damage so stop saying the "entire mindset of nox" ok? tty gg bye

SaphiLC

While you are one of a hand full of people who are more inclined to play the support role, from my feel and personal experience with the Nox server (even in beta), the majority care more about having strong damage dealing mains before they make a support character. Most times even that support character is a decent damage dealer.

Yes Nox did not exploit the Kama minting glitch nor did it have any jotting HW. However this thread was not started for that. Though I do thank you for sharing this well known fact with us.

To the matter at hand; doing a character check on you shows that the account you are posting with has a level 130 masq. Would it be to much to ask for some input from you about you intake on the class and what not?

If so, that is understandable.

posté September 24, 2013, 21:27:57 | #6

getting offended at something not pointed at you.

support water masks exist and good on you for wanting to play one i'm not calling you out so please stop acting like i'm out to get you when i'm really not if anything i'd love to be friends and bounce mask ideas off of you. You seem like a cool dude. Just seem to have a grudge against me for some reason.

Quote (DragonPods @ 24 September 2013 20:13) *
Ok, I understand that mindset but I don't agree with it. From level 1-40 that, if you level Mask Master and Artful Dodger first, you slowly get you damage laid out for you. BUT after level 40, I find that the class has a GREAT burst of damage. Its what I would call a late game bloomer.

For someone to show off with a move before the server decided to play the class, that's a bit wrongish. Yea, the Water build as a combat build I am now finding it to be a very strong build. Air is extremely strong in the sense of pushback damage, yet people have told me that the Air build is rather weak compared to the others. Honestly without getting your target in a corner and pushing it against a wall, then yes you will be weak. The Fire build is a strong build, aside from the fact that you get -resist with the +damage.

I like you think that the Masked Spirit would be our OP aspect. However I don't like the fact that 1. You only have two turns with it maxed. And 2. You get the damage that the spirit takes, even if it could be a great help it can also be a great issue. I think it should be more like the Sram's double than it is now. The only other issue I have is that when you change from, say the Fire mask, you lost the buff from that mask the moment you swap instead or having at least till the end of your turn with the buff that was obtained.
I agree with you on multiple points about masked spirit and the whole switching of masks thing. The effect should last until the end of the turn and gaining new bonuses shouldn't over ride it.

I just feel like this might be hard to ankama to pull off? Not that I know anything it just sounds complicated in my head idk @_@.

Air masks are great they are essentially water mask damage wise just without needing to burn all of your wakfu to do so the only problem being that water has range in a range friendly game. (I swear ankama hates melee classes with a passion) this forces you to either get high resists or get shit on in close combat.

Also a quick note on this account, this is not my mask/dathura account as I do not post on that but I can make a post with it if you wish to see my mask lmao. Not that it really matters to begin with just wanted to throw that out there since you brought it up with Saphi.

Just learn to use your team mates to your advantage, your double to your advantage and the wall "problem" instantly becomes an asset and not a problem at all xD its hard to get used to! dont get me wrong but once you get the hang of it its fun as hell

posté September 24, 2013, 21:34:20 | #7
MiniMikeh,

A bit off topic of a second, but did you see my post in the thread concerning the water mask build(s)? If so any comments or advice?

Nah its good, I have heard talk of you in game on the Nox server. I like you have more than on account and only use one to post on the threads with. I find it easier for both me and the people I am responding too.

How ever, I personally don't believe it would be hard for them to do. Reason being, is because it should be a rather mechanic to implement into the system. While trying to get the Hoodlums to play the mass correctly or at all is a rather complexed mechanic code to work.

People I actively play with, whether it be my guild mates or my friends, have just learned to either keep away from me in the fight, or just take the AoE damage. As well as to be ready to be used as a jumping point from time to time.

The wall is my best friend when it comes to me using the Air spells and so are my crits.

This post has been edited by DragonPods - September 24, 2013, 21:45:43.
Reason for edit : Answering previous post
posté September 24, 2013, 22:48:20 | #8
Yeah they did mention however that they "finished" the masqueraider dungeon. They just aren't releasing it until the rest are complete so maybe they worked out the nonsense with AI not knowing how to wear masks xD

I would love to see an emblem it'd be amazing to wear one like the rest of my friends x_x

But I have not seen your post yet! I'm usually very quick on these things but I will be sure to check it out in a moment. (I hope you haven't heard anything bad about me x_x i'm different on dathura than I was on nox on nox I had to kind of adopt a very rude attitude to defend myself but eh id like to think that it's in the past most people that used to hate me like me now so its meh)

AT ANY RATE back on topic I guess I have to agree about the fire mask aoes my girlfriend plays a fire mask and she got very discouraged at first because she parties with me mostly right? and i'm melee so she was always worried I was in the way of her aoes.

That's my fault not the fire masks I should be more careful I just wish friendly fire wasn't a thing period like how monsters dont seem to have it

posté September 24, 2013, 23:10:31 | #9
What I have heard hasn't been anything bad.

I did not know about class dungeons, but then again I didn't stop to check into anything along those lines aside from the class emblem and possible revamps.

If something for the AoE would be done like the monsters, the would be great. Because I believe that only class that benefits from friendly fire is the Sac class. However I think the mask should as well, but they don't.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-04-09
posté September 25, 2013, 01:20:58 | #10

Quote (DragonPods @ 24 September 2013 21:27) *

SaphiLC

While you are one of a hand full of people who are more inclined to play the support role, from my feel and personal experience with the Nox server (even in beta), the majority care more about having strong damage dealing mains before they make a support character. Most times even that support character is a decent damage dealer.

Yes Nox did not exploit the Kama minting glitch nor did it have any jotting HW. However this thread was not started for that. Though I do thank you for sharing this well known fact with us.

To the matter at hand; doing a character check on you shows that the account you are posting with has a level 130 masq. Would it be to much to ask for some input from you about you intake on the class and what not?

If so, that is understandable.
Yah, feca is in my other account n_nU lvl 114 he is really useful in almost every battle cause is a lock, tank glypher of doom ho ho ho ill miss ap/mp/vision/crit glyphs u.u

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-06-19
posté November 21, 2013, 03:13:23 | #11
As a masq myself theres a number of things i would like to see change

Change: Carnival

I was thinking about adding another side effect to this spell where the masks work together more. For example what if the mask you had on before status effects lasted for two turns for the next mask you equip. This would encourage more tri/bi builds masqs and more strategic game play.

Change: Dance of death

While the dance of death increases damage to a degree but doesn't give enough bite. So i would suggest adding Critical hit and maybe even Critical hit Damage. Maybe about 2 to 3 points would be suffice. And maybe even a animation change to. For a its title it doesn't not really show it

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-04-27
posté November 22, 2013, 23:15:24 | #12
Spitfall's limit 2 per turn should be removed. We already got -1 mp assigned to the spell and I've noticed that there are alot of times I'm left with 1 mp and 3 ap but can't do anything. So maybe limit it to 3 and lower the dmg by a little.

Psychopath mask
resist nerf should be removed and maybe fire mask would do dmg to enemies too close each time it's hit instead of dmg buff and nerfs or dmg buff to masq and do dmg to enemies when hit if enemy within let's say 3 sq.

Coward mask
+heal with each succesful dodge is just stupid. I haven't seen any masq that would go dodging mob just to heal an ally. Maybe get +20% to heals next turn if you succesfully dodge.

Classic mask
The dmg buff to allies when you crit is useless. Instead of dmg give AP to allies would be way better.

Carnival and dance of death are useless imo.
Giving a mask to ally when the benefits of your ally getting the small buff doesn't make up for the dmg you could have done if you didn't just waste your turn to giving your mask.

Idk maybe the whole masq class needs a revamp.

I do like water masq's +1 mp every time you dodge

This post has been edited by MereBytes - November 22, 2013, 23:18:02.
posté November 22, 2013, 23:26:43 | #13

Quote (MereBytes @ 22 November 2013 23:15) *
Spitfall's limit 2 per turn should be removed. We already got -1 mp assigned to the spell and I've noticed that there are alot of times I'm left with 1 mp and 3 ap but can't do anything. So maybe limit it to 3 and lower the dmg by a little.

Psychopath mask
resist nerf should be removed and maybe fire mask would do dmg to enemies too close each time it's hit instead of dmg buff and nerfs or dmg buff to masq and do dmg to enemies when hit if enemy within let's say 3 sq.

Coward mask
+heal with each succesful dodge is just stupid. I haven't seen any masq that would go dodging mob just to heal an ally. Maybe get +20% to heals next turn if you succesfully dodge.

Classic mask
The dmg buff to allies when you crit is useless. Instead of dmg give AP to allies would be way better.

Carnival and dance of death are useless imo.
Giving a mask to ally when the benefits of your ally getting the small buff doesn't make up for the dmg you could have done if you didn't just waste your turn to giving your mask.

Idk maybe the whole masq class needs a revamp.

I do like water masq's +1 mp every time you dodge
I have to disagree with this but at the same time agree with it. Giving AP to allies while being amazing would be incredibly broken unless it was capped like damage is now. I give my allies capped damage almost every turn and it's incredibly helpful in UB runs where the boss has high resists so I wouldn't use the word useless it's arguably the best mask out of the three for this reason.

I do think a cap of 2 AP though would be nice for allies not the wearer anything else just seems way to broken of an idea for ankama to consider. I'm trying to be realistic here

I do like the +1mp from dodge on coward mask though that is very handy and incredible

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-08-24
posté November 23, 2013, 11:48:20 | #14
Completely agree with MiniMikeh. +1-2 AP limit per turn for allies would be awesome. This way classic mask would be awesome for support.

Also, I agree with MereBytes about Spitfall limit. 2 per turn sucks when you CANT attack enemy in close-combat. Yes, you do 2 attacks. And after this we have about 3-4 AP +some MP left.
WHAT SHOULD I DO with these points if im so faar away from enemy? Q_Q (and, for example, my double has classic mask on, not the coward for using 4x spitfall with me and my double).

I want to say smth too. I've leeched a lot before and supported my DDs, pushing them to(or away, if he's range DD) mobs. So, I want to say, that adding air spells effect "doesnt deal damage on allies" would be perfect. Now, I'm DD air masq(thinking about 2-elements, but doesnt matter, my main is air branch) and i cant just push my ally cuz of LOTS of damage I do to them. But what IF HE NEEDS this(pushing). That what I want. Maybe its my playstyle in pve. Helping my allies. :/
Second, I dont like collision damage. Yes, its useful, but... What about UBs(except Moo and meybe BC, dunno if he's stab) and stabilized targets?.. I could offer ankama to get special effect too, if target is stabilized. Like Sacriers have. "If target is stabilized --> deals a bit more damage".

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-06-19
posté November 24, 2013, 23:45:10 | #15
I also think Charade could be change to. They could make it harder but more rewarding, adding bonuses to the level of charade you reach. They can also take it a step further, how bout making charade act or reward differently for the mask you have on.

posté November 25, 2013, 01:43:56 | #16

Quote (MotorR89 @ 24 November 2013 23:45) *
I also think Charade could be change to. They could make it harder but more rewarding, adding bonuses to the level of charade you reach. They can also take it a step further, how bout making charade act or reward differently for the mask you have on.
It should always give wp back no matter what or it would be useless

its literally one of the best passives we have simply because of the wakfu point return

id argue it being one of the best passives in the game

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-08-24
posté November 25, 2013, 08:58:30 | #17

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 25 November 2013 01:43) *

Quote (MotorR89 @ 24 November 2013 23:45) *
It should always give wp back no matter what or it would be useless

its literally one of the best passives we have simply because of the wakfu point return

id argue it being one of the best passives in the game
Yeah. At max level of this spell we get +20lvl charade with crit easily. ^^
Love this very much. Helps a lot in fights.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-04-30
posté November 25, 2013, 20:16:17 | #18
I've just recently started playing Masqueraider but I must say I really am amazed by this class. I really really love the air branch, feels good to punch the mobs in their faces and knocking them up and down the map. The fire branch is also neat, nice aoe and a bit of mobility.
What I don't get though is the water branch. Sure you can heal and switch places with your allies, but overall this branch seems dull compared to air and fire. Perhaps there's something I am not seeing yet, who knows.

What I also don't like is having to equip masks to use the last three spells of each element. Seems like a bit of a drawback. Maybe that could be improved by giving a one-time effect upon equipping a mask.

But other than that masqueraiders seem to be really awesome.

posté November 25, 2013, 20:22:49 | #19
Water is arguably the best branch of the class with air being second best and fire being the worst.

Also masks give you effects when wearing them they don't simply just unlock spells. Classic gives you AP on crits and increases allies damages, Fire increases your damage while lowering your resist, and water gives you heals and + mp when dodging.

o:

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-04-30
posté November 25, 2013, 20:30:59 | #20

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 25 November 2013 20:22) *
Water is arguably the best branch of the class with air being second best and fire being the worst.

Also masks give you effects when wearing them they don't simply just unlock spells. Classic gives you AP on crits and increases allies damages, Fire increases your damage while lowering your resist, and water gives you heals and + mp when dodging.

o:
Yeah I know that. I just don't like it that I am forced to equip either one to unlock the spells. I want to be able to use the spells without having to equip the masks. Wearing the masks should be a bonus, not a constraint.

Also do you want to elaborate why water is the best branch? So far it seemed to be rather dull. Probably it's just not fitting my playstyle.