Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Air or fire masq?
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-09-28
posté September 28, 2013, 23:57:57 | #1
Air or fire masq? I have never played wakfu before and i really want to play a masquerader i do not want to build a water so id love tips on how to make a air or fire masq. I have seen other guided but there not detailed enough for me. It would be helpful to know what to distribute my points into. When people say to get 1 ap or 1 mp when should i start putting points into that?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté September 29, 2013, 00:32:00 | #2
Typically its always 1 AP 1 MP standard for every single class/element in wakfu. Very little exceptions to this.

Id recommend doing AP first but if you have very heavy mp costing spells MP is always an option to go first.

You will be able to buy your first ap around level 30

For air or fire youre gonna wanna balance crits and damage after you stat your ap and mp its entirely up to you to be honest as everyone is different. I personally like seeing high damage percentages instead of high crits others like to see high crits

I'll need to know a bit more about your preferences before I can help you further though if that's okay. What play style do you wanna go for? Do you have a basic idea?

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté September 29, 2013, 01:14:27 | #3
If you don't know how they work...

Fire is aoe and some range.

Air is positioning.

Until 30 you want to take your stat for either air or fire. At 30 you get a restat.

Also the game is starting to focus more on hybrids so maybe you want to consider that for later.

posté September 29, 2013, 01:37:59 | #4

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 29 September 2013 00:32) *
Typically its always 1 AP 1 MP standard for every single class/element in wakfu. Very little exceptions to this.

Id recommend doing AP first but if you have very heavy mp costing spells MP is always an option to go first.

You will be able to buy your first ap around level 30

For air or fire youre gonna wanna balance crits and damage after you stat your ap and mp its entirely up to you to be honest as everyone is different. I personally like seeing high damage percentages instead of high crits others like to see high crits

I'll need to know a bit more about your preferences before I can help you further though if that's okay. What play style do you wanna go for? Do you have a basic idea?
I actually decided to go air however i have a couple of questions- So right of the bat i start pumping points into AP? What do you mean by balancing crits? how many points do i put into agility? And random question is there a main quest in astrub like there is in dofus?

posté September 29, 2013, 01:49:42 | #5
There is the zinit questline in astrub at the boat with a cat dude in front of it he'll want 10 piwi beaks

What I mean by balancing is like

Pick a number of crit you want to stat 5 - 10 - max etc
then put the rest of your points after that into agility

So say you pick 5 crit for stats

Thats 1 AP, 1 MP, 5 Crit and then xxx agility

see what i'm getting at?

Or 1 AP, 1 MP, 80 Agility - rest crits

posté September 29, 2013, 01:52:17 | #6
You don't want to save up for AP before level 30. Just stat agility since you can reset at 30 and then go AP or whatever.

posté September 29, 2013, 02:00:14 | #7

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 29 September 2013 01:49) *
There is the zinit questline in astrub at the boat with a cat dude in front of it he'll want 10 piwi beaks

What I mean by balancing is like

Pick a number of crit you want to stat 5 - 10 - max etc
then put the rest of your points after that into agility

So say you pick 5 crit for stats

Thats 1 AP, 1 MP, 5 Crit and then xxx agility

see what i'm getting at?

Or 1 AP, 1 MP, 80 Agility - rest crits

Quote (OrehRuoy @ 29 September 2013 01:52) *
You don't want to save up for AP before level 30. Just stat agility since you can reset at 30 and then go AP or whatever.

This game is making a hell of a lot more sense thanks to you both so it looks like im going to distribute between ap mp agility and crits i should aim with crits from minimum to 10 at most for critical 1 ap 1 mp and rest is pumped into agility-correct me if im wrong- these are my last questions this all i ask- untill level 30 should i distribute in to all damage or all agility so it is easier? Were can i get a set or something what should i aim for set wise till level 30?As a last minuite decision what would be better stick with agility "and have fun" from what ive heard or go more damage with fire? should i go up to 10 crits? i saw a thread looking at an agility/critical? that is all i really appreciate both of your time

posté September 29, 2013, 03:00:22 | #8
If you subscribe which i'm assuming you will your first set you will want to obtain after purple piwi is tofu

it will give you an ap from set bonus and if you stat one thats 8 ap allowing you to use classerole twice in a turn

posté September 29, 2013, 18:50:33 | #9
Tofu gives an MP from set bonus not AP

posté September 29, 2013, 21:08:32 | #10

Quote (OrehRuoy @ 29 September 2013 18:50) *
Tofu gives an MP from set bonus not AP
oh balls my bad

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2006-06-10
posté September 30, 2013, 17:38:58 | #11

Quote (gotmilkman @ 29 September 2013 02:00) *
As a last minuite decision what would be better stick with agility "and have fun" from what ive heard or go more damage with fire? should i go up to 10 crits? i saw a thread looking at an agility/critical? that i s all i really appreciate both of your time

What do you mean by something better to stick with agility? I am assuming you are meaning the Air tree from the rest of your statment. I run a Tri-elemental mask, and as for the purpose of a "fun" secondary tree I would say Water would be one. I believe it would greatly benfit from the Air tree's crits, however you will need a decent amount of dodge for Water and or Fire. This is true if you level the skill Artful Dodger, which turns 30% or your dodge into damage and heals up to 100%. So the capout for this skill is 330 dodge, in return for a extra 100% dodge.

I have 5 crits and get the rest from my gear, however from everything I have read on the Air tree it is highly based off of the crits and cdb (crit damage bonus). Reason being, the Air tree is a push back damage build. So crits is basicly your wife/husband, and the cdb is its lover on the side.

MiniMikeh and OrehRuoy are both knowledgeable Masq players. I however am still learning and have happened to see this thread. In either case I hope that my two cents helps out some.