Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Fire Masqraiders die too quickly :(
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-10-14
posté October 14, 2013, 14:48:04 | #1
Fire Masqraiders die too quickly :( So, since I noticed I die more quickly (due to NEGATIVE 50% RESISTANCE, JEEZ), and that most of my damage comes from my mask, I figured I don't need to put points into intelligence, and rather put them into HP so I can live longer. Is this a good idea?

I might also go hybrid masq later on, intel/agility.

This post has been edited by Orngeblu - October 14, 2013, 15:22:04.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté October 14, 2013, 14:59:18 | #2
Never stat HP its never worth it. You get enough from gear. And with what your saying about - res. If you stat int then you get more res so it will be less of a blow.

posté October 14, 2013, 15:25:18 | #3
True, BUT, that is only intel resistance. The rest of the resistance will be horrible, so if I am matched up to anything but intel, that'll suck. Maybe I shouldn't be intel... :I (But then again, I am a really low level and wear zinit, you think when I get higher it'll be less bad, because I'll have better gear than I have now?)

This post has been edited by Orngeblu - October 14, 2013, 15:25:55.
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-12-03
posté October 14, 2013, 19:36:59 | #4
save 2 ap to change to a different mask and back to fire to reset the -resist... maybe, dunno
or get tank gear to have high defense even with -50% def, think you are gaining 100% damage from it, so even if the tanky gear dont have much damage, add 100% to it @.@

posté October 14, 2013, 22:36:58 | #5
If you think the -res is too much don't level the mask. Also just level 1-3 max spells you will use for fire and then get your other spells 20-40 or whatever depending on your leveling to get resists

posté October 15, 2013, 00:35:17 | #6

Quote (OrehRuoy @ 14 October 2013 22:36) *
If you think the -res is too much don't level the mask. Also just level 1-3 max spells you will use for fire and then get your other spells 20-40 or whatever depending on your leveling to get resists
Wait- When I level up a skill, does it give me res/damage in said element by 0.5%? If so...that would be a great idea, but I still would be lacking in strength, but still great.

I think leveling the mask isn't worth it, actually. I think it's a disadvantage, especially in a dungeon, and the resistance pretty much cancels out the damage... ;-; Man, choosing what I wanna be is hard!

Also, would you level the mask? lol.

This post has been edited by Orngeblu - October 15, 2013, 00:42:35.
Short Strich * Member Since 2013-02-15
posté October 15, 2013, 01:38:15 | #7
Leveling an elemental spell does indeed raise res by a certain amount. [dunno the exact amount, there should be threads dedicated to calculating those sumwhere in this forum]

I don't see this as that much of a problem from fire masqs around 50ish and up. For one, you're getting +150% dmg and -50% res at max mask max stack from memory? So that means if you go get, idk, 50 res and maybe 100 less dmg compared to 'average' from gear, you'd still get another 50% dmg.

The other thing I've noticed in pve with fire masqs who has high res from gear, spells, etc never gets chance to get hit since the monsters generally go for lower res players amongst other factors.

Or maybe that's just our fire masq in guild, he never gets hit and never stacks fire mask unless cornering a mob or something due to his res being so damn high at the start.

If you think statting int will make you squishy on other elements, just stack all four [coughgoodluckcough]. one level of int/agi/cha/str only takes 6 points now, so yeah, have fun.
If you strongly insist statting hp, I've heard positive stuff about going block, maybe that's another option?

posté October 15, 2013, 03:20:25 | #8

Quote (Orngeblu @ 15 October 2013 00:35) *

Quote (OrehRuoy @ 14 October 2013 22:36) *
Wait- When I level up a skill, does it give me res/damage in said element by 0.5%? If so...that would be a great idea, but I still would be lacking in strength, but still great.

I think leveling the mask isn't worth it, actually. I think it's a disadvantage, especially in a dungeon, and the resistance pretty much cancels out the damage... ;-; Man, choosing what I wanna be is hard!

Also, would you level the mask? lol.
it depends on your preference. If you dislike the extra damage and don't mind losing out on damage yourself then you don't need it.

posté October 15, 2013, 03:46:54 | #9
Well then, I guess I'll max my mask then, if it's not such a problem at higher levels, THANK GOD.

This post has been edited by Orngeblu - October 15, 2013, 03:47:32.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-08-03
posté October 20, 2013, 00:48:47 | #10
I'm almost lv60 on that class, and pure fire. Sure, it was very hard to use it on the beginning, so I started using water on lv30. Then, on lv50 more or less, I changed to fire again, and put levels on the air and water spells so I would get resist. A good choice is leveling the Mask Master passive, so you can recover health after your resists are negative. Well I respec-ed a few weeks ago and used Charade instead of it, because I use Dance of Death a lot. Fire masqueraiders look like sacriers for me, but leveling hp ISN'T a good option. First: you don't need hp, you need resists. Second: you need some mp too, and also some CH if you level Mask Master (it's good even if you don't). This is my chara:

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-06-04
posté October 27, 2013, 08:18:03 | #11
Fire Mask, gives you Minus to your resistance, but you gain a %damage from it, when you kill a monster you get +Hitpoints, you kill more, you gain more Hitpoint. The Trick there is to kill fast to gain more HP. When im in low HP, i just regen mine by killing one mob in 1-2 mobs in 1 turn, with Mask Spirit.

When you get your Fire Mask to higher level, it kills mobs faster.
Better to give it a CH and CH Damage too, if your Fire Mask is a Full Damager.

Find Equips that will give you Resist and Hit Points to compensate the negative resist that your Fire Mask Give. Masked Spirit is Good plus the Psy-Out Skill, that gives a really good Damage even in Crit.