Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Build Advice
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-10-20
posté October 20, 2013, 06:20:22 | #1
Build Advice Hey guys and gals, I'm sort of new to Wakfu in that I haven't played for quite some time and decided to come back recently. As you can gather from my name, I'm into clowns and stuff that's similar, as such I decided I'd give the Masqueraider a try for my first and main character.

As I'm getting re-acquainted with everything, I'm not sure what I have planned will work well enough or not so as the title says, I'm looking for advice. Decided I'd choose my main three spells from the Fire branch, and two secondary ones from Air, so I'm doing a sort of hybrid I suppose. Rather than rambling on further however, I'm just gonna go ahead and list off what I'm thinking of doing for stats, spells, etc.

Stat Points
1 AP
1 MP
10 Critical Hit
Rest Intelligence and Agility evenly (unless you guys think I should do otherwise)

Spells
Hornito
Psynapse
Psyk-Out
Whipkick
Scherzo

Specialties
Psychopath Mask
Masked Spirit
Dance of Death
Burst of Wakfu
Mask Master

So that's what I've got planned for my Masqueraider. If anyone has any advice at all to give, I'd really love some feedback. Thanks for now and see you all later!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté October 20, 2013, 08:42:36 | #2
I don't wanna say it won't work because anything can work if you put enough time into it but fire masks as they are right now are not very good but again anything is possible if you try hard enough.

Now onto the subject of your build since that is what you came here for -

Your stat points seem fine I personally would stat dodge but with the psychopath mask you'll want the resists from statting intel/agility

Spells look okay I personally think whipkick and fracture can work though hornito isn't very good although I can see why you would be pulled in by it

replace dance of death with artful dodger and then max out charade you'll want the free wakfu point return

posté October 20, 2013, 11:05:41 | #3

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 20 October 2013 08:42) *
I don't wanna say it won't work because anything can work if you put enough time into it but fire masks as they are right now are not very good but again anything is possible if you try hard enough.

Now onto the subject of your build since that is what you came here for -

Your stat points seem fine I personally would stat dodge but with the psychopath mask you'll want the resists from statting intel/agility

Spells look okay I personally think whipkick and fracture can work though hornito isn't very good although I can see why you would be pulled in by it

replace dance of death with artful dodger and then max out charade you'll want the free wakfu point return

Thanks a ton for the response and feedback on my build! I think I may do as you said and stat Dodge or at the very least put some points into it then do the split between the two elements. As for my choice of Hornito, I simply picked it because it was an AOE attack. Since the brunt of my build focuses on getting close, I figured it'd help out decently against enemy mobs if I had been surrounded. Might also replace it with Fracture though since that does seem a bit better for PvP.

Edit: Would this be good for an end game build? Click here

I put 1 AP/MP, 10 Crit, 60 Int/Agi, I think 30 Dodge (couldn't remember), then it also has how I plan to level my spells.

This post has been edited by Clown-King - October 20, 2013, 22:17:39.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-09-30
posté October 21, 2013, 00:04:32 | #4
A useful tip for any kind of Fire Masq contorting, is to be mindful of your stacks of Pyschopath Mask. Don't be afraid to switch it out if the situation gets too hot and risky! Or level it to a manageable level (Say 3 or 6) if you feel too soft and malleable.

My build is currently Fire/Water, and I find working around Fire's severe weaknesses pretty fun in itself; to say that I'm successful is another story though...

MiniMikeh, I don't have much experience with Masqueraiders in the endgame setting. Can I get your opinion (Or anyone else for that matter) on the flaws of the Fire branch or any of it's other shortcomings?

posté October 21, 2013, 00:46:54 | #5

Quote (Fluffmania @ 21 October 2013 00:04) *
A useful tip for any kind of Fire Masq contorting, is to be mindful of your stacks of Pyschopath Mask. Don't be afraid to switch it out if the situation gets too hot and risky! Or level it to a manageable level (Say 3 or 6) if you feel too soft and malleable.

My build is currently Fire/Water, and I find working around Fire's severe weaknesses pretty fun in itself; to say that I'm successful is another story though...

MiniMikeh, I don't have much experience with Masqueraiders in the endgame setting. Can I get your opinion (Or anyone else for that matter) on the flaws of the Fire branch or any of it's other shortcomings?
The main problem is that this game is not melee friendly what so ever. And losing resists from the mask + most of if not all the spells being aoe and hitting allies does not help either.

as an Air mask I have a decent time with melee sort of but i'm also not losing resistance from my mask and giving allies damage at the same time. Fire is just... idk they aren't TERRIBLE but when you compare it to your other options they look terrible in comparison. That and their spells don't work well with the other branches that i've been able to calculate I could be wrong on this though as you're fire/water and could probably tell me a thing or two about it yourself.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-02-26
posté October 21, 2013, 18:33:44 | #6
I feel that fire alone is not too well but with fire mask on and being hybrid it is best to its potential. On my fire/air masq I pull 650 fire/ air damage with still over 100 res. Also in pvp its great I have the most fun on this masq compared to being water or air. Honestly any tree is good just how much you devote into the class.

posté October 21, 2013, 21:26:32 | #7

Quote (NUE-WEH @ 21 October 2013 18:33) *
I feel that fire alone is not too well but with fire mask on and being hybrid it is best to its potential. On my fire/air masq I pull 650 fire/ air damage with still over 100 res. Also in pvp its great I have the most fun on this masq compared to being water or air. Honestly any tree is good just how much you devote into the class.

I'm really glad you say that, because I was having a ton of fun with the second spell build I posted on Wakfu-Elements, but I was worried by what the others said. It's kind of hard to balance with what I personally enjoy and at the same time worrying that I survive long enough in a fight to help out any group members if I were to be apart of one. x_x

posté October 22, 2013, 04:10:32 | #8

Quote (Clown-King @ 21 October 2013 21:26) *

Quote (NUE-WEH @ 21 October 2013 18:33) *

I'm really glad you say that, because I was having a ton of fun with the second spell build I posted on Wakfu-Elements, but I was worried by what the others said. It's kind of hard to balance with what I personally enjoy and at the same time worrying that I survive long enough in a fight to help out any group members if I were to be apart of one. x_x
Nue is a very good mask I didn't know he had a fire mask so any advice he can give you I would take. He's great