Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

Noob Water Masq Needs Help!
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-01-02
posté November 09, 2013, 22:11:06 | #1
Noob Water Masq Needs Help! Yea basicly i haz no idea what skills to lvl, what abilities to lvl and so on.

Any advice would be great.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté November 10, 2013, 00:35:07 | #2
Hello as a pure water mask you will want spitfall, spitbull, spitoon

Abilities will be as follows: Coward mask, masked spirit, mask master, artful dodger, charade, burst of wakfu

10 ap 6 mp stat what you need to get there but ap amulets, capes, weapons and mp boots, breastplates will help you achieve this.

This is just a basic rundown of what you need any more in depth questions please feel free to ask.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-03-26
posté November 10, 2013, 13:45:17 | #3
I'm pretty much the same but 9ap and 6 mp (46 ch) endgame unless I'll drop some relic in which case I'll be 10ap and 6 mp aswell.
I think spitfall, spitbull and spittoon maxed is the only sensible combo dmg wise and being at range doesn't hurt.
There's the option to get +3 range and rely more on spitfall or maybe try fire/water hybrid (dunno if there's good sets for that yet) just something to consider if you want be a bit unique.
Full support builds suck so forget about giving out maskes, because in truth you'll just waste your turn and can't give enough dmg to supported char to compensate your wasted turn and you'll never be as effective healer as eni so forget being anything else but emergency healer.

This post has been edited by MereBytes - November 10, 2013, 13:50:31.
posté November 10, 2013, 16:25:15 | #4

Quote (MereBytes @ 10 November 2013 13:45) *
I'm pretty much the same but 9ap and 6 mp (46 ch) endgame unless I'll drop some relic in which case I'll be 10ap and 6 mp aswell.
I think spitfall, spitbull and spittoon maxed is the only sensible combo dmg wise and being at range doesn't hurt.
There's the option to get +3 range and rely more on spitfall or maybe try fire/water hybrid (dunno if there's good sets for that yet) just something to consider if you want be a bit unique.
Full support builds suck so forget about giving out maskes, because in truth you'll just waste your turn and can't give enough dmg to supported char to compensate your wasted turn and you'll never be as effective healer as eni so forget being anything else but emergency healer.
carnival is only worth leveling if you have everything else that you want to level leveled. I capped all of my useful actives and started putting points into it for fun because I group with air rogues sometimes and they love that air mask

But he's right carnival is not something you really want unless you feel like wasting points for messing around occasionally

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-03-30
posté November 10, 2013, 19:17:11 | #5
While the builds mentioned "above" are great for end game. If you're looking for the best way to level up your early game via soloing content::

1. Put all your points into Kitskill and Dance of Death.
2. Once you get to lv25, equip the full Cloudy Tofu Crit set.

With these 2 abilities, you'll be 10x levels stronger than you typically are and will be able to dish out around 200dmg per crit. (one shotting most/all mobs in Astrub).

Now focus on grinding out the gobs/ghouls in the Halloween challenge or other single/double mobs in the nations (if you're P2P).

Once you hit lv30 and get the respec quest, keep grinding out free levels.. just keep in mind that you'll have 48 Hours before it expires.

Once you go in for your respec, use the advice mentioned in the posts above.
**You should be around lv40-50, depending on how much grinding you did.

From there, here's a list of gear sets you can investigate/equip:
Click here

Note: If you have a guild that can power level you.. then disregard this post. XP

posté November 10, 2013, 23:04:54 | #6

Quote (ShadowFacts @ 10 November 2013 19:17) *
While the builds mentioned "above" are great for end game. If you're looking for the best way to level up your early game via soloing content::

1. Put all your points into Kitskill and Dance of Death.
2. Once you get to lv25, equip the full Cloudy Tofu Crit set.

With these 2 abilities, you'll be 10x levels stronger than you typically are and will be able to dish out around 200dmg per crit. (one shotting most/all mobs in Astrub).

Now focus on grinding out the gobs/ghouls in the Halloween challenge or other single/double mobs in the nations (if you're P2P).

Once you hit lv30 and get the respec quest, keep grinding out free levels.. just keep in mind that you'll have 48 Hours before it expires.

Once you go in for your respec, use the advice mentioned in the posts above.
**You should be around lv40-50, depending on how much grinding you did.

From there, here's a list of gear sets you can investigate/equip:
Click here

Note: If you have a guild that can power level you.. then disregard this post. XP
With what crit is he gonna pull out of no where at that low of a level to make the set worth it exactly?

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-09-19
posté November 12, 2013, 10:11:29 | #7
I don't mean to hijack the thread from OP but I also need help as waster masq. At first I wanted to make a full support masq... only to find out that they're terrible at support.So I decided to switch my masq into more a dpt role but.. I'm confused as to which is better for DPT? Water or Air? Which skills? and what gear is good? Thanks a bunch!

posté November 12, 2013, 18:31:41 | #8
Sylargh, larduos, vampyro, gobbsage are all good water mask sets that add some nice dodge

As for water or air i'm water AND air and love it. ive gotten a lot of compliments on my build and am quite happy with it. I answered a question in ankabox the other day about it so i'll copy paste my response to them since it should be efficient enough for this

-

My spell bars look like this should make it easier when explaining my rotation.

I have 6 mp so I usually run to the enemy closest to a wall scherzo to maybe put me in wall distance with classerole then I do classerole twice if I don't crit enough for ap gain to get the third classerole I finish the rotation with a fugue or classablanca depending on their resists (low water res fugue lower air res classablanca) they are both very hard hitting spells.

If the enemy is really weak to water and I don't have to run to them I put a double behind me fugue twice classtanet over them to give the double backstab and then classtanet behind my double blocking him from the fugue knockback then I use 6 fugues in a row on the backstab enemy doing stupid amounts of damage.

When someone needs heals I have spitfall leveled as well as fugue so I use that twice for healing since it has the longest range and doesn't teleport or pull them. That also gives me 4 mp to work with to either move closer in range or to run away from monsters.

I'll take a picture of my spells to show you what level they are

Also something else i forgot to mention I frequently use my spirit as a wall for both fugue and classerole jumping over the enemy giving both you and the spirit wall damage is really nice at end game as I do like 150ish damage from the wall alone most of the time adding that on top of whatever I normally do

dance of death is literally just for the +ap boost when I need it. Carnival I started leveling for shits and giggles to play around with when im with an air rogue

heres a somewhat outdated picture of my damage since I can't get on right this second my resists and hp are a bit higher and all balanced above 100 ill update it when my client stops giving me an error

posté November 15, 2013, 17:03:17 | #9
Hmm... All of these are good suggestions.

Basicly what im thinking of going is:

+1MP
+Dodge/+ap??
Or just plan + Dodge

For skills:

Coward Mask
Masked Spirit
Dance of death
Mask master
Charade

lvl: All the spit spells and fugue.

And basicly focus on supporting/map manipulation.

Could go for air/fire sub-element but not really keen on it...

What do you think?

posté November 15, 2013, 20:17:10 | #10
Why are you skipping out on artful dodger if you are planning on using dodge? you'll be missing out on a lot of damage % it's better than dance of death

posté November 15, 2013, 20:17:28 | #11
This is what I have

+1 mp
100 dodge
and the rest on chance and CH

I maxed my CH (22)

spells:
spitfall, spitbull and spittoon are the most important spells if you're going full water.

I think fugue works better for hybrids

Passive spells:
Mask Master
Artful dodger
Masked spirit
Burst of wakfu
Charade

I have zero points on "dance of death" and "carnival"

lvl 135 water masq

~Trachinus Draco

posté November 15, 2013, 20:21:22 | #12
Question for you what are you using your extra points on since you can max 5 things at like level 110 so you have 25 levelsish worth of points not being used.

posté November 15, 2013, 21:07:21 | #13

Quote (MereBytes @ 15 November 2013 20:17) *
This is what I have

+1 mp
100 dodge
and the rest on chance and CH

I maxed my CH (22)

spells:
spitfall, spitbull and spittoon are the most important spells if you're going full water.

I think fugue works better for hybrids

Passive spells:
Mask Master
Artful dodger
Masked spirit
Burst of wakfu
Charade

I have zero points on "dance of death" and "carnival"

lvl 135 water masq

~Trachinus Draco
So how does it do in lategame? Also what kinda gear do you use?

posté November 18, 2013, 16:13:59 | #14
Does very well in late game. I've been to most of the dungeons except few dungeons at wabbit island and I haven't been to Magmog, Dragon Pig or Black Crow so dunno about them but Excarnus, Milkar are easily nuked. Does pretty well in PvP too if the map isn't too big.
I have sylargh set, neemoi tail, fishbone, maka cards (not the best weapon that I could have) etc.(I have no relics).
I've been water build since the masq first came out. lvl 135 atm.

This post has been edited by MereBytes - November 18, 2013, 16:15:14.