Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Fire/Water or Fire/Air?
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-02-12
posté February 12, 2014, 21:43:28 | #1
Fire/Water or Fire/Air? Hi everyone! I just started playing today and have been wandering around the forum looking at different opinions about the masqueraiders hybrids and was wondering which is better in your opinion fire/water or fire/air? Arguments to your statements are welcomed  

This post has been edited by PhoenixSoul - February 12, 2014, 21:48:03.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-02-01
posté February 13, 2014, 17:33:41 | #2
I'm planning an alt and i'd like to know that too, if anyone can point the spells to raise it will be even better, thanks.

This post has been edited by Valaim - February 13, 2014, 17:34:04.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-11-21
posté February 13, 2014, 18:00:25 | #3
I'd say for Fire/Water, maybe you could go with Psykotik for AOE, Psyk-Out so you can use it as an escape, Spitfall for low AP cost and heal, then Spittoon. Specialties, maybe max out the Psychopath and Coward Masks and Masked Spirit or you could opt out for one of the masks and level up Dance of Death. Passive-wise, you'd want Burst of Wakfu since two of your spells cost WP, then Charade so you also get more chances for WP restoration when you Crit or Dodge. Finally I'd say max out Mask Master too for all the buffs you get from it.

This is just something I literally thought up. Feel free to test it out in the beta server or anything. I'm not sure how well it'd work, but in my head it seems pretty fine. lol

posté February 13, 2014, 22:43:00 | #4
I read that fire is the worst tree is it true? I really don't know what should I pick as primary, i love air but it seems weak as mono element, do you reccomend Water/Air or Fire/Air? Help me to decide

This post has been edited by Valaim - February 13, 2014, 22:43:17.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-11-21
posté February 13, 2014, 22:52:33 | #5

Quote (Valaim @ 13 February 2014 22:43) *
I read that fire is the worst tree is it true? I really don't know what should I pick as primary, i love air but it seems weak as mono element, do you reccomend Water/Air or Fire/Air? Help me to decide

I've been told the reason why the fire tree is bad is simply because the Psychopath Mask removes your resistances. I never really minded it when I played. You can easily swap the mask to one of the others to remove the debuff. Ultimately I'd say mess around on the beta server and see if you like how it is or not. Air also seems pretty neat, but I personally like long to mid-range combat and Air is pretty up in someones face. It's not a bad tree from what I've seen, I just don't know much about it.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-07-17
posté February 14, 2014, 01:29:58 | #6
Fire/Water and Fire/Air is depends on which style you prefer IMO.

With Fire/Water you have healing and AOE options which is very nice xD.

Fire/Air on the other hand,you will be a Melee Class with a lot of options to Deal Damage.

I personally follow Fire/Water cause that way,i can help ppl sometimes !!!

posté February 15, 2014, 15:55:11 | #7
I chose to go with Fire /air but i cannot figure out the spells to raise, i mean i like them all but i should probably focus on 1/2 air and 3/4 fire :\

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2008-06-24
posté February 16, 2014, 07:41:39 | #8

Quote (Valaim @ 15 February 2014 15:55) *
I chose to go with Fire /air but i cannot figure out the spells to raise, i mean i like them all but i should probably focus on 1/2 air and 3/4 fire :\
fracture, psyk-out, hornito [spells you should use if your using 3 fire]

whipkick, scherzo [air spells you should use] 

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté February 16, 2014, 22:19:53 | #9
Fire is the worst branch of the three because of a couple of reasons

The spells don't hit nearly as hard as they could since the base damages are low and psyk-out is way to inconvenient and expensive to use reliably in PvM it's great in pvp however

The negative resists as well as the fact that this game is not melee friendly especially not in terms of end game being melee plus not having good resists is just horrible on its own mix that with the spell problem and its just not seen as a good choice when the other two branches do everything fire does better with the exception of aoe.

Fire gear not giving nearly as much dodge is a huge problem as well fire gear with dodge does exist but when compared to air/water gear its just laughable.

long story short its a pvp branch fire masks excel in pvp but lack greatly when it comes to pvm which is where like 90% of the game takes place

posté February 17, 2014, 14:19:29 | #10

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 16 February 2014 22:19) *

The spells don't hit nearly as hard as they could since the base damages are low and psyk-out is way to inconvenient and expensive to use reliably in PvM it's great in pvp however

The negative resists as well as the fact that this game is not melee friendly especially not in terms of end game being melee plus not having good resists is just horrible on its own mix that with the spell problem and its just not seen as a good choice when the other two branches do everything fire does better with the exception of aoe.

Fire gear not giving nearly as much dodge is a huge problem as well fire gear with dodge does exist but when compared to air/water gear its just laughable.

long story short its a pvp branch fire masks excel in pvp but lack greatly when it comes to pvm which is where like 90% of the game takes place
Wow you've made me want to delete my character, i started just because i liked the fire branch (animations and AoE). All the class I like seems subpar it's so frustrating, after all these years if you want to enjoy this game fully you still have to choose the standard and plain classes like Sacrier or Iop.

This post has been edited by Valaim - February 17, 2014, 14:44:13.
posté February 17, 2014, 14:51:41 | #11

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 16 February 2014 22:19) *

Fire Mask or AOE branch really shine in kill in low lvl mobs or weaker than you,of course high lvl AOE melee will have pretty hard time compare to others,but useless,No!

Well i don't know if you done your research but i think fire/air give a lot of dodge,only Fire/Water is the one who is lacking dodge,but we can still fix with Runes.

And btw we play class because we like the play-style,and now we feel kinda underpowered,but the play-style The Mask brings,is Unique !!!
Tips : (If you want to be effective,just play Sac,Cra,Eni,Panda,Osa,Enu,Rogue)

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-02-10
posté February 17, 2014, 15:09:32 | #12
Idk what you guys are saying fire aoe is pretty destructive. If you haven't seen one play 140+ you shouldn't really be talking. I've been able to 1 turn guawds, wabbit mobs and zwombbit mobs just fine as fire and if they are next to each other i could 1 turn more than 1 mobs. And in pvp I can 1 turn any class with 170ish or less air or fire res.

posté February 17, 2014, 15:37:06 | #13

Quote (wolvefrost @ 17 February 2014 14:51) *

Tips : (If you want to be effective,just play Sac,Cra,Eni,Panda,Osa,Enu,Rogue)
That's pretty sad...

posté February 17, 2014, 19:01:34 | #14
Yeah,sad but truth .
But Mask still not get revamp or fix so we can hope for the best !!!

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2008-06-24
posté February 17, 2014, 20:52:26 | #15

Quote (Houjuu @ 17 February 2014 15:09) *
Idk what you guys are saying fire aoe is pretty destructive. If you haven't seen one play 140+ you shouldn't really be talking. I've been able to 1 turn guawds, wabbit mobs and zwombbit mobs just fine as fire and if they are next to each other i could 1 turn more than 1 mobs. And in pvp I can 1 turn any class with 170ish or less air or fire res.
^ this.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté February 17, 2014, 21:46:41 | #16

Again possible yes but what I said was air and fire still do everything fire does better. I spend probably half the amount of ap/wakfu/mp to one turn groups of wabbit mobs guawds zwombbit mobs. Yes charade allows you to regain wakfu over time but to burst it all away to get a kill or two first turn and be useless until you get more wakfu is not considered the best possible option

Being the worst branch of the three doesn't make it bad it just doesn't make it the best option of the three.

Short Strich * Member Since 2008-06-24
posté February 18, 2014, 08:01:43 | #17
When did fire/air masqs get bad? I have a 106 fire / air and my good friend runs a 140 fire / air. We both have no trouble out-damaging most classes. Hell he hits harder then any 140 I know.

Also hard to believe but there is a reason why are based around crits. Classic Mask anyone? Fracture 4 times -> Scerzo -> Classablanca?

With critical hits add another fracture.

Anyone needing help with their build - contact me in game. Happy to help. My 140 is as well.

This post has been edited by DarkNoticalX - February 18, 2014, 08:02:17.
posté February 18, 2014, 08:47:34 | #18

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 17 February 2014 21:46) *

Again possible yes but what I said was air and fire still do everything fire does better. I spend probably half the amount of ap/wakfu/mp to one turn groups of wabbit mobs guawds zwombbit mobs. Yes charade allows you to regain wakfu over time but to burst it all away to get a kill or two first turn and be useless until you get more wakfu is not considered the best possible option

Being the worst branch of the three doesn't make it bad it just doesn't make it the best option of the three.
leveling up classic mask makes up for having to waste wp on dance of death for 12 ap while using fire. I don't have a problem with wp and fracture aoe is pretty useful, while water spells are awkward to use with mp requirements and needs + range. Honestly water branch spends wp faster just depends on how you use it. On one hand I see fire alone being useless but we are talking about dual as air/ fire you go in rambo everything and gtfo lol air really compliments fire cause all of the crit hit dam gear. fire's aoe alone is good although I do see that there are 1-2 spells that does need revamp or worked on. while being water/ fire it really lacks gear, I would not recommend using larduous gear. Air/ water seems ok, but I feel that you'd spend wp way faster going this route depending on which spells you leveled and awkward to use having to swap masks more frequently. If you are aoeing and using it wisely you are already out damaging something that doesn't aoe.

This post has been edited by Houjuu - February 18, 2014, 09:05:17.
posté February 18, 2014, 09:06:17 | #19
Hi Houjuu,can i ask you what spells you mainly use for Fire/Air,and what combo for both Masks:-?.

Water/Fire is very lacking gears,the only good set is Larduous at 120 lvl,and you basicly wear that until 145 :-ss.

But i think cause Water/Fire is kinda healing and damage,so my guess is Ankama dont want to make Fire/Water stats too strong,cause otherwise will be OP.

And i must admit,Fire/Air and Water/Air have some of the best set for Masks .

posté February 18, 2014, 09:16:12 | #20
I maxed scherzo, classerole and classablanca in air and maxed fracture and psych-out in fire. This is my build/ combo you don't have to follow this to do good combos there are many routes and they all work.

This post has been edited by Houjuu - February 18, 2014, 09:18:58.