In this thread you will find out how you can reduce lag and make life a little easier on Wakfu.
First thing I would have to mention is Leatrix's Latency fix. What this does is significantly reduce your online gaming latency by increasing the TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. To explain this to you more clearly, Online games usually use the TCP Protocol which requires the network segments sent to your computer be acknowledged in order to provide a reliable connection. What windows has done to make it seem more efficient is to bundle them together and send them off in pairs. The bundling process usually causes delays and therefore increases your latency.
For more information and download, go to:
Another thing I would like to mention is the msconfig function on windows.
You just simply go to the start menu > run > type in "msconfig" and a window would pop up. Now, what you do here is you click "Services" and then check the box that says "Hide all microsoft services." I recommend you uncheck everything in this window, but make sure they don't have your Antivirus or Internet's service name.
This would get rid of any unnecessary background programs that take up your RAM Memory. If you want a faster boot time, I suggest you do the same thing to the "Startup" tab on the window but take the same precautions.
To clean your computer and optimize to it's full potential, you should also use cleaning programs.
One cleaning program I would recommend is CCleaner this is one of the best free computer cleaning software out there. This kind software cleans out the unnecessary space that in your computer and gets rid of bad registry entries. I would also recommend using this and Glary Utilities.
Another important thing to do to maintain your computer is de-fragmenting it every once in a while.
One good program to do this efficiently is Defraggler another program that was developed by the same people who made CCleaner. Defragging your hard drive can help speed things up a little by moving and terminating the cluttered up space on your hard drive.
Flushing your DNS Cache:
Most DNS clients cache name resolution request results. This means that DNS clients temporarily store the website names that were recently visited. This process speeds up name resolution if the same address is searched for multiple times, such as is common when browsing the web. Hence, when someone visits Yahoo.com a second time, the DNS client already has the name mapped and hence retrieves the mapping quickly.
Sometimes a bad DNS entry is cached and the user must either flush the DNS cache to get rid of it or wait up to 24 hours for it to be dropped from the cache automatically.
How to do this:
- Click on the Start button/orb and open the Command Prompt either by the program list or by typing in "cmd" in the search/run bar.
- Once the command prompt is open, type in "ipconfig/flushdns" on one line.
- Hit Enter and your DNS resolver cache would be flushed.
- In Mac OSX Leopard, the command dscacheutil -flushcache flushes the DNS resolver cache:
- bash-2.05a$ dscacheutil -flushcache
- In Mac OSX versions 10.5.1 and before, the command lookupd -flushcache performs the same task:
- bash-2.05a$ lookupd -flushcache
Increasing your paging file size (Virtual Memory):
There are some computers that have a large amount of RAM and have not yet allocated ALL of it to use. Because of this, your memory usage will be lower and more restricted than it should be, therefore making running programs and other services all at once harder on your computer.
How do I increase my virtual memory? Well:
(If you're running Windows 7/Vista)
- Click on the start button and go to Control Panel. From there, click on System and Security > System.
- From there, click on Advanced system settings
- Once the window pops up, click on Settings under Performance.
- From there, click on the Advanced tab and click Change
- Uncheck Automatically manage paging file for all drives and click on the drive that you want to change your paging file for, then click on Custom size.
- Hit in the amount that is either recommended or the total size of your RAM memory. So in this case 4GB, would be around 4000MB
- Click on Set, then Okay, and reboot your computer.
For windows XP users:
- Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then under Performance click Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then under Virtual memory click Change.
- Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file that you want to change.
- Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, type a new paging file size in megabytes [MB] in the Initial size [MB] and Maximum size [MB] box, and then click Set.
- Click OK to close the dialog box and apply changes, then reboot.
How to make your computer boot faster:
This has nothing to do with Wakfu, but it should help you with the booting speed of your computer.
- Click on Start and type in msconfig in search/run and open it up.
- After the window pops up, click on the Boot tab and then click on Advanced Options.
- Check Number of Processors and click the drop down menu. Click on the highest amount of processors and then click OK and reboot to apply the changes.
This should help you maintain your computer and reduce lag to make your gaming experiences more enjoyable. All of the programs that were mentioned can be found on google and it is recommended that you use this guide for your own benefit. Leave any feedback or comments below
This post has been edited by Kennophobia - August 29, 2016, 07:23:47.