Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

List of Sadida bugs and suspected bugs
posté March 15, 2012, 15:15:08 | #1
List of Sadida bugs and suspected bugs So I heard through the grapevine that there might be a major patch coming soon. Here's a list of all the bugs I've found playing as Sadida, as well as some things that could well be bugs but due to bad skill descriptions, I can't say for sure. So here we go:

- Probably bugs -

- Pathfinding of dolls
- Dolls will take longer routes to get to enemies and will sometimes not reach them
- Dolls will sometimes not attack the closest enemy
- Dolls in arenas with environmental hazards (waterway in the Snaptrap dungeon, fire traps in Scara dungeon) will pointlessly walk around and do not beeline for the enemy like normal
-Dolls will try to sometimes get behind the enemy even if there's a chance of it getting locked

- Doll skills
- Dolls sometimes do not use up all available ap when nettled
- Dolls will attack traps and hazards with the nettled attack
- Kamikaze doll will not blow up if it needs to move to get in range
- Dolls STILL don't attack totems
- Dolls sometimes do nothing for 30 seconds

- Other Sadida specialties
- A Kamikaze blowing up and activating a seed will sometimes cause the battle to glitch, not making another doll.
- The line of sight for the doll seed is different to the line of sight calculations for normal Sadida spells. Ex. I can throw my doll seed through a fence, but I can't activate it because I suddenly don't have line of sight anymore.
- Some attacks can't hit the voodoll at all (Super Iop Punch etc.)

- Sadida Spells
- Vaporise doesn't give you control of a doll when you cast it on the seed, but WILL if the seed is on top of the voodoll.
- Wild Grass won't make Dolls attack the voodoll
- Fertiliser sometimes doesn't do the extra damage to the totem/totem's target
- Haven't confirmed, but I've heard Mudoll saps hp from any summoned target

- Not sure if bugs -

- Pathfinding of Dolls
- Dolls tend to line up in front of each other, blocking the next one from moving in a straight line

- Doll skills
- Dolls can't crit (probably not a bug, but Osa summons can)
- The Nettled attack does significantly lower damage as opposed to the regular attack. Either it's not getting the damage bonus from the doll or it uses a different base damage.
- When a Doll is next to 2 enemies or more, the Doll sometimes attacks random enemies, rather than the one with the lowest hp.
- The Doll will only gain Gust if the doll is in the middle of the cross

-Other Sadida specialties
- Anything standing on Voodoll will deactivate it. Not even AOE spells or the bonus damage from Fertiliser can hit it.

-Sadida Spells
- According to the spell description of Drain, each doll should receive 100% of the damage dealt. So either the spell or the description needs to be fixed

----------

At the moment, that's all that I can think of. If anyone else had similar experiences or found other bugs, please post! And to anyone that bothers to read the whole list, I thank you for doing so. If I think of or find any more, I'll be sure to update this thread.

posté March 16, 2012, 17:19:53 | #2
This list is a good overall picture of how unrewarding it is to play Sadida right now.
How if you're doll spec with summon dmg and you have to spend 4 turns summoning dolls to do the same damage as a lvl 35 chafer pet from osa who spends 1 turn for summon is beyond me.

A lot changed in the last week of beta and we need old voodoll back since ankama failed to test it, you know xelor and cra still block pathways to range mobs?

Dolls just need an overall buff especially to hp, since drain is useless now and they have a 50/50 chance of coming out retarded.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-01-10
posté March 18, 2012, 01:42:08 | #3
I'm gonna compaire the doll's bad behavior with Osa summons'. I hope the comparing well be in some use.

...Pathfinding of dolls...
- Dolls will take longer routes to get to enemies and will sometimes not reach them
--Osa Summons will rarely do this and the usual reason is when the species prefer to attack a lower lv enemy or some other preferance
--Gobball Warchifs sometimes don't walk to a good spot so they can hit an enemy with thier stun move (enemy needs to be 2 cells away, and I'm talking about when WC Can't do their normal attack move) Perhaps other range attacker summon has this problem.

- Dolls will sometimes not attack the closest enemy
--Osa Summons usually attacks the enemy that is right next to it. Otherwise you don't know which of 2 enemys that is in reach. I also noted that summon when walking to enemy1 attack enemy2 if summon is walked to a cell right next to enemy2. Afterwards Summon likes to walk to continue its walk to enemy1 in the same turn.

- Dolls in arenas with environmental hazards (waterway in the Snaptrap dungeon, fire traps in Scara dungeon) will pointlessly walk around and do not beeline for the enemy like normal
--yup same with Osa summons. They ignore batte area edge debuff to which can be good sometimes.

-Dolls will try to sometimes get behind the enemy even if there's a chance of it getting locked
--Rarely seen Osa Summons do this. They do prefer back > sides > front. But again if the next to one they usually hit And then walk.

...Doll skills...
- Dolls sometimes do not use up all available ap when nettled
--I don't remember any Osa Summon not using 1 more move when it can but I know that Chafer Lancer likes to use a combo of 2 different moves (does up the last AP) while he can do the first move 3 times and rarely does this. I don't see that Lancer is doing something wrong due to spell2's state effect.

- Dolls will attack traps and hazards with the nettled attack
--Same with Osa Summons but usually because they on thier road to thier favorit targets. (they prefere summons master then the summons or objects). It's good thing doe that they do not any more attack ally things on the battle field.

- Dolls sometimes do nothing for 30 seconds
-- I seen this glitz on both enemies and Osa Summons. They just stand there until their turns end. Mostly I donno why what messes them up but few times it looks like they can't decide if the should go right or left.

...- Not sure if bugs -...

... Pathfinding of Dolls...
- Dolls tend to line up in front of each other, blocking the next one from moving in a straight line
--Osa Summons does not think that they might block (line of Sight) for other allies (counting in situation they can't reach an enemy). I haven't experienced alot of multi summons to say if summons do the same.

- Doll skills
- Dolls can't crit (probably not a bug, but Osa summons can)
--True, Osa summons can crit

- The Nettled attack does significantly lower damage as opposed to the regular attack. Either it's not getting the damage bonus from the doll or it uses a different base damage.
--What's an nettled attack? doll passive ability?

- When a Doll is next to 2 enemies or more, the Doll sometimes attacks random enemies, rather than the one with the lowest hp.
--Same with Osa Summons. they should learn to prefere to do a finishing blow then hit the other one. When a summons usually does 2 attacks and is next to 2 enemies summon also like to hit one each then consentrating the damage on one.

Other
there are 2 fire summon buffs that dureation is faar to short to be significant also not all earth summon effect does not work.

This post has been edited by FineTapWater - March 18, 2012, 01:46:19.
posté March 18, 2012, 03:11:06 | #4

Quote (FineTapWater @ 18 March 2012 01:42) *
snip

Thanks for doing this, good comparison. Basically shows that AI on summons is just damn right broken albeit slightly better on osa with less summons to block pathways.

I feel something this deep and core to the game is unlikely to be fixed anytime soon and will probably be months before they even acknowledge it.

posté March 18, 2012, 14:26:30 | #5

Quote (AmnaelJK @ 17 March 2012 16:22) *
Not sure anyone has summarized what they do wrong, so I'll give it a go. Dolls fail pretty hard now, they really have to be fixed.

Issues and improvements:

1. they shouldn't abandon their summoner (right now they tend to run off to attack distant targets - they should attack enemies closest to the Sadida)

2. if the dolls have both a summoner and a summoned monster as neighbor, they should attack the summoner, as killing the summoner obviously means killing its servitor

3. if you cast an air spell on a doll, sometimes it runs away, uses the ability from a greater distance, then stays where it is without attacking, because it's out of MP and can't get back to its target - why would they run away in the first place? that spell can be used from an adjacent field

4. when they are in the Nettled state and receive a +3 AP bonus from Rust, sometimes they don't use up all the extra AP (I've seen people talk about this on the forum - according to them, it depends on whether the doll has to move or not)

5. an example from House of Trouble: dolls randomly leave the Sadida to attack pipes, even though there is a bunch of enemies around the Sadida that could be targeted by their attacks - sometimes they choose pipes they can't reach instead of enemies they could easily get to

6. another example from House of Trouble: they leave the Sadida alone to attack an NPC that can't be attacked (Sramedi in the middle, before the final wave) - whenever I summon a doll, it attacks one of the enemies around me, then runs away pointlessly

7. dolls should actually plan their attacks - let's say a doll is in the Nettled state, has Woddland Stench and was given 3 bonus AP by Rust, its target has 10 HP, Woodland Stench would deal 9, its basic attack 20 and its Nettled attack 15 damage; it shouldn't use basic attack, because that's a waste of damage, it shouldn't use Woodland Stench, because it's not going to kill the target but it'd force the doll to waste even more; it should use the one that'll actually kill it

8. if a doll can choose between two targets and is able to attack twice to kill one of them, it uses one ability against each, leaving both of them alive

9. once a doll is summoned, it should attack the enemy closest to it - it was summoned there for a reason

If there's anything I forgot about that should be added to the list, please comment below and I'll update the post.

This is the list I added to the Sadida section of the forum. Most of the issues are the same as above my reply, but my suggestions might be useful and could be discussed as well.