Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

Current Translation Status
posté April 19, 2013, 18:06:31 | #1
Current Translation Status Hi everyone,

I actually posted this as a reply to another thread, but I just wanted to repeat it somewhere more visible to reassure you all that we are aware of the incomplete translation status and are working on the problems.

Thanks for coming to report these errors and for your enthusiasm about the new area!!

We've been under a lot of strain recently with the release of DOFUS and WAKFU patches, and we realise that a lot of untranslated content is now available. Rest assured that we do read the forums, noting your concerns and taking your comments into account, and that we're working our croissant-baking butts off to have this content in English for you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience certain missing translations are causing. Please bear with us as we get them ready!

Reaj-Knorg

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-01-29
posté April 19, 2013, 20:40:24 | #2
Thanks for the update! I can feel your pain and appreciate all the hard work. We learn from our mistakes and I bet your hot crossed buns you guys don't forget to translate major content again  

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-01-24
posté April 26, 2013, 21:26:36 | #3
I'm glad this was fixed, but in the bulk translation I noticed some elementary grammar errors. For example Cap'n Craps's Map. In ENGLISH the correct form for this is Cap'n Craps' Map.

For more about possessive form in English language please read: Click here

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-28
posté April 26, 2013, 22:33:56 | #4

Quote (SpaceTeenager @ 26 April 2013 21:26) *
I'm glad this was fixed, but in the bulk translation I noticed some elementary grammar errors. For example Cap'n Craps's Map. In ENGLISH the correct form for this is Cap'n Craps' Map.

No "Cap'n Craps's Map" is correct in British and International English. British and International English are the forms of English that is used in the International copy of the game.

This post has been edited by Spazturtle - April 26, 2013, 22:34:56.
posté April 29, 2013, 10:19:22 | #5

Quote (SpaceTeenager @ 26 April 2013 21:26) *

Hi SpaceTeenager,

Thanks for your message. Some mistakes are always bound to slip through the net, and your feedback is essential in fixing them and improving the game.

In this case, I always learnt that when forming a singular possessive for a noun ending with 's', neither form was incorrect, but that "apostrophe s" was favored. The link you provided says the same thing (except with older or Biblical names):

When a name ends in s, we usually treat it like any other singular noun, and add 's:
- This is Charles's chair.

We have followed the same general rule for the rest of the translation of WAKFU, so for consistency's sake I think the translation is fine as it is.

Reaj-Knorg