Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 18 Descendre
Play Day
Play Day commemorates the day when Ecaflip realised that his cards could provide him with another ...

No flash

Translation Status
posté February 01, 2011, 15:40:46 | #1
Translation Status Hello everyone!
The WAKFU beta 0.3 is now available in English, however (and as you might have noticed) the translation is still in progress:
  • Items: As there as been a huge amount of changes on the items during the last few weeks, the translations for some of them might be out of date. We are currently working on it and everything should be back to normal soon.
  • Consistency: As for the items, a lot of place names, NPC names, spellings, etc. have changed recently. Those will be updated in the future versions.
  • Other areas such as the spells, clan members, etc. are also being updated and tweaked.
I hope you'll enjoy the game, but please remember that this is a closed beta and that the quality of the translation will dramatically improve over the coming weeks

Cheers,
Big Up

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2006-08-07
posté April 23, 2011, 16:28:42 | #2
Hope these make the translation process go more smoothly...

I just got the Ranged Weapons job in 0.303, and "cards" is still translated as "maps" in Mourniffle's dialogue.

Also: "Show characters behind activated walls" and "Show characters behind deactivated walls" should probably be reworded. ("Show characters behind walls: activated" and "Show characters behind walls: deactivated"? Or just "Show characters behind walls" and "Hide characters behind walls"? Well, you get the idea)

Four Chef recipes have been mistakenly named "Breaded Piwipette" in the recipe list, though they are clearly different items. (The other three are Bouftou Grille, Esturgeon Boulli, and Veloute de Groin in French). Furthermore, even the one made with Piwi parts becomes "Breaded Sea Piwi" in your inventory, a different name than it has in the recipe list. The others may have the correct name when made, but I'm not high enough level to make them.

For the Forester/Lumberjack job, some of the Planks (made by the Forester/Lumberjack job) have completely different names from the wood used to make them. (For example, the first wood you can cut in the French version is Bois de Frene, and the first plank is Planche de Frene; but the first wood in the English version is Ash Wood, and the first plank is Plank of Snifflu Wood. Also, Datepalm and Apl Wood both become "Plank of Pricottias Wood")

And more of a translation oddity than an actual translation problem: the Inflatable has the same English name as a Dofus doll, but they have different French names (Gonflable and the Goulue) and different purposes (the Gonflable is a healer, but the Goulue is a pure attacker), Meanwhile, two of the other dolls that have the same names in French have different English names (Dofus' Maddoll is Walfu's Insane, and Dofus's Block is Wakfu's Blocker).

None of those are high-priority issues, just things to tack onto what I'm sure is a very long list already. Keep up the good work

Reason for edit : Merged for ease-of-use.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2006-08-06
posté April 24, 2011, 21:10:35 | #3
Hm yes double names seem to appear quite a bit, like say Wit Flour for all farmer recipes available at the beginning. Also there's a wit flour in a reciepe with an icon of a string, I still don't know whether it's a flour or a sting, I'm still in progress of trying that one out.

And a lot of the craft and harvesting test books have the second page completely untranslated. And one of the tests (I'd have to check again which one) has the same sentence as an answer choice twice.

posté April 26, 2011, 10:24:21 | #4
Hi guys,

Thank you for all your feedback, we'll check out all the issues you've brought up. I know there was a duplicate answer in the test with Nina Richa (you could pick "a jeweller's" twice), which has now been changed - please let us know if you come across any more!

Reaj

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2007-03-08
posté April 26, 2011, 21:58:40 | #5
Just gone over some of the older classes, and came to Enis...

"Itsade Mark" is now "Mark of a Sadist"... talk about a mouthful. "Sadist Mark" seems more concise, and follows the naming convention of the other Marks.

I'm slightly more confused with the changes of "Eting Mark" to "Traid Mark", and "Amil Mark" to "Hammle Mark" (Mark Hamill , right?), but at least they aren't really wordy.

This post has been edited by GoldfishGod - April 28, 2011, 04:44:23.
posté April 27, 2011, 01:40:14 | #6
The "Amil Mark" (or "Marque Amil" in the French) is clearly a Mark Hamil pun, yes. The other two were (and still are) Marque Itsade (Marquis DeSade) and Marque Eting (Marketing).

I had a point when I started this, but I forgot what it was now. I'll edit it in later  

posté April 27, 2011, 16:06:44 | #7
Well, since my topic was merged into this one, I'll continue posting here

The list of possible effects for Ecaflip's Tarot levels 1 and 2 don't match the effects I'm actually getting. At level 1, the description says that it gives +/- AP, +/- WP, Damage, or Healing, but I was actually getting +/- AP, +/- WP, +/- damage%, or damage. At level 2, the description says that it gives +/- AP, +/- WP, Damage, Healing, Critical Hits or Critical Failures, but I'm actually getting +/- AP, +/- WP, +/- damage%, damage, healing, or +Critical hits.

Also, in Jackpot, the three percentages add up to 110% instead of 100% (30% for Earthquake, 65% for +dodge, 15% for healing), plus the Critical has a different description for Jackpot's "jackpot" (direct damage with no percentage next to it, rather than inflicting the Earthquake state at 30%).

The effects description of Sixth Sense says "Turns back on the attacker", but it should be something along the lines of "Turns to face attacker".

I don't know if this is a translation issue or if the spell just hasn't been changed yet (because I haven't leveled it), but Paws Off still has the old description (of pushing an opponent away if they try to enter melee range) in both the text and the Effects, not the new effect that was announced in the list of spell changes yesterday (that it now increases the Critical failure of enemies entering melee range).

Since my previous post I've noticed a lot of recipe lists have multiple items with the same name, not just Chef. Farmer is particularly bad, with four items (Farine de Ble, Amidon de Ble, Glucosirop, and Fibre Ecologque) all called "Wit Flour". Furthermore, Farine de Ble and Amidon de Ble are actually both called Wit Flour in inventory, too. Similarly, Tailor has both the Royal Piwi Hat and Cape with the same name (Royal Piwussy).

Cutting down a Hazel Tree gives you Date Palm Wood instead of Hazel Wood.

(Also related to my last post - is the job called Forester or Lumberjack? It's translated both ways in game at various points. Same goes for Cabinetmaker / Handyman / Furniture Maker)

Once again, none of these are urgent (and I'm aware that some of them may not be translation issues, but coding issues), just more for the pile. I can tell you're working hard (because all the Ecaflip and Enutrof spells that were in French last week are in English this week), so keep up the good work!

This post has been edited by Schmendrick - April 28, 2011, 13:49:12.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2009-12-30
posté April 28, 2011, 03:11:02 | #8

Windy Beacon: When hit with an Ice Arrow, this beacon emits any icy ring that can apply the Frozen state to enemies. Can only be set off by a water arrow.

That's taken from the Wakfu webiste, but it shows the same in the game (last time I checked, before the last patch). Why hasn't it been changed yet? We don't use water arrows on the windy beacon, we use wind arrows. Of course we may get that from its name, nonetheles its description leaves some to be confused since we don't have any water arrows.

Reason for edit : Keep messing up my types... =/
posté April 28, 2011, 10:02:40 | #9
Hello! A little bit of feedback...

The Windy Beacon text should have changed in-game, to "When hit with an Air Arrow, this beacon will push enemies in the surrounding area backwards and inflict minor damage."

We have been discussing the Marks - some are "x Mark" and others are "Mark of x" (Agility, Power, a Sadist, etc.), depending on which seemed to sound better. Some just depend on the beholder (Mark of Clumsiness, Clumsiness Mark... or Clumsy Mark?). If the general consensus is that the first option - "x Mark" - should be used universally, that can be arranged. Let us know!

As for the other suggestions and corrections, some have now been updated and others are being looked into. It's going to be a little while now before the next big patch so you won't see things right away, but they are being changed.

posté April 28, 2011, 13:59:24 | #10

Quote (Schmendrick @ 27 April 2011 16:06) *
The list of possible effects for Ecaflip's Tarot levels 1 and 2 don't match the effects I'm actually getting. At level 1, the description says that it gives +/- AP, +/- WP, Damage, or Healing, but I was actually getting +/- AP, +/- WP, +/- damage%, or damage. At level 2, the description says that it gives +/- AP, +/- WP, Damage, Healing, Critical Hits or Critical Failures, but I'm actually getting +/- AP, +/- WP, +/- damage%, damage, healing, or +Critical hits.

Just wanted to add to this: I raised it to level 3, which now does seem to match the list of possible effects (+/- AP, +/- WP, Damage, Healing, Critical Hits, Critical Failures, +/- damage%), except that there's three different +damage% possibilities (10%, 15%, or 20%), while at lower levels there was only +15%. It appears that the option for damage penalty is still only -15%, with no corresponding -10% or -20%. (Of course, it's possible I just haven't gotten them yet)

For marks... maybe just translate it straight across as "Mark Itsade" (or "Mark Itsahd" if you don't want people pronouncing it wrong)? It keeps the original pun, and doesn't add any extra words. Hammle Mark and Traid Mark are fine as-is, I think.

Edited to add: another one I just remembered: The state that Rabies inflicts is probably meant to be "Rabid" rather than "Enraged" (or the previous "Rage").

This post has been edited by Schmendrick - April 28, 2011, 14:11:40.
posté April 28, 2011, 20:15:10 | #11
Small issue, lighting up the candles in bonta reads as "Milk". I believe it should be "Light up".

posté April 29, 2011, 01:04:24 | #12

Quote (Reaj-Knorg @ 28 April 2011 10:02) *

We have been discussing the Marks - some are "x Mark" and others are "Mark of x" (Agility, Power, a Sadist, etc.), depending on which seemed to sound better. Some just depend on the beholder (Mark of Clumsiness, Clumsiness Mark... or Clumsy Mark?). If the general consensus is that the first option - "x Mark" - should be used universally, that can be arranged. Let us know!

I think a mix of "X Mark" and "Mark of X" depends on how many there are...

back when Eni were literally "word this" " word that" for every single one of their spells... it was pretty dull.
"Mark of the X" seems a little bit too many words, unless every one uses that same "Y of the X" scheme (e.g. "year of the horse", "year of the dog"), but even then, only if it's two or three.

If Sacriers have as many/few Marks as Eni (if sacs still have marks), then a maybe just pick one (Mark of X was fine last time)... actually, it might be interesting if all Eni marks are "X Mark" while all Sacs have "Mark of X", as a way to differentiate the two types (i.e. one you cast on someone else, and the other type which you cast on yourself).

posté April 29, 2011, 14:26:06 | #13
There seems to be an issue with grammar for all summoned objects/characters/creatures, for example:

An eni cast coney mark on a piwi and kills it, a coney pop up. When you put your mouse pointer on it, it says: Summoning .

Shouldn't it be: Summoner: ?

posté April 29, 2011, 16:19:42 | #14
While looking up transaltions for another topic, I got the joke in the Inflatable's French name and attack animation.

I suggest changing the English name to "The Glutton", and its attack to "Liquid Cancan"

Edited to add: Scratch that. No English-speaker will get that reference, so I'll Americanize it: "The Rockette" and "Eye-High Kick".  

This post has been edited by Schmendrick - April 29, 2011, 16:26:16.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté April 30, 2011, 11:11:23 | #15
When reading descriptions of your skills and abilities, you encounter two different names for the same thing: "Art of Barda" and "Art of Jumble".

Also, Googoo birds of all colors cast Pioussance and Gugraine.

posté April 30, 2011, 16:59:57 | #16
A few more...

Some other classes have two different names for the same spell. Apparently, the name in the Spells screen is stored in a different place than the name in the Characteristics-raising screen.

Sadidas have the new names Green Guard and Sic 'Em More on the spell screen, but still have the old names of On Your Leaves and Unleash O' Doll on the characteristics-raising screen.

Enutrofs have Phone A Frhend on the spell screen, but Dhreller Call on the characteristics screen.

Eniripsas have Enirazer and Transcendence on the spell screen, but Eniclean and Unfocus on the characteristics screen.

Iops have Squash and Bravery banner (with the lowercase "b") on the spell screen, but Flatten and Bravery Standard on the characteristics screen.

Cras have Unbeacon, Ranged combat, and On your Guards in the spell screen, but Unbeaconing, Long distance combat, and On your guard in the characteristic screen (all six names with that exact capitalization).

Ecaflips are okay.

... I hope I'm not being a pest at this point. :/

posté May 01, 2011, 10:58:01 | #17
Stats menu: Critical Failiure

The description has a typo where it says "The Critical Failiure rate defines percentage of chance qn action will fail."

Then qn should be changed to an.

posté May 01, 2011, 16:32:55 | #18

Quote (Aie-for-Pie @ 01 May 2011 10:58) *
The description has a typo where it says "The Critical Failiure rate defines percentage of chance qn action will fail."
er, some other things

the game actually says "The Critical Failure Rate defines the percentage of chance that the qn action will fail."
1. "Failure" is spelt correctly in game (rather than "Failiure" as quoted)
2. "the percentage of chance that the qn action will fail" ... it should be either "that an action will fail" or "that the action will fail"

posté May 01, 2011, 16:42:12 | #19
If you have little corrections, please use this thread instead. Piling everything into a thread which is officially for the Devs to report the "Translation Status" isn't going to work in the long run.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2006-02-15
posté March 07, 2012, 12:00:16 | #20
I was wondering if "Ecaflip's die" is intentional because it seems like it should be dice.