Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

The little things, one-off corrections
posté May 01, 2011, 16:40:06 | #1
The little things Okay, it's nice to see people contributing to the process, but there seems to be some reluctance among some of you to use this forum fully...

Please keep the "Translation Status" thread for the devs to report updates etc in the Translation Status... not as an all encompassing thread to report everything you find (which effectively means this whole sub-forum is basically one giant thread).

If you have a proper comment, or a lot of corrections, please make a new thread. If you just want to post a couple of translation issues you've found during play that you feel don't need a whole new thread, please post them in this thread.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2006-08-07
posté May 01, 2011, 17:49:50 | #2
I started my own thread for my own finds, fully intending to keep them there, but it was merged into the Translation status topic. That indicated to me that they wanted me to post such things there rather than in new topics.

posté May 01, 2011, 18:16:29 | #3
Well, let me worry about that  

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2007-03-08
posté May 05, 2011, 20:22:10 | #4
To start Nick E. Larsen's herbalist test, you pick the option "I've just completed the Herbalist test"... even though, you're actually about to try and pass it.

Similar problem: To start Beech's Forester test, you pick the option "In fact, I've just passed the Lumberjack's test"...

Crocoburio's fisherman's test "I've just passed the Fisherman's test"

Nina Richa still has the "A Jeweller's" option twice.

I think "Puddly Chef" is supposed to be "Puddly Chief", same with "Crow Chef" and "Crow Chief"

The "Clowdy Key" should be"Cloudy Key"?

There are 2 "Royal Piwussy" items, the cape and the hat... could they at least be called "Royal Piwussy Cape" and "Royal Piwussy Hat" respectively?

This post has been edited by GoldfishGod - May 15, 2011, 18:51:27.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-05-06
posté May 23, 2011, 08:36:10 | #5
Candles: When you're going to light up a candle, the action shown in the pop menu is 'Milk'. Milking the candle haha

Soul's Crossing: Town's name seems to be mistranslated, as the french name is 'Croisée des Armes', not 'Croisée des Âmes'. Mourniffle himself calls the twon 'Weapon's Cross'.

posté May 25, 2011, 22:41:20 | #6
Hammhour: really? REALLY? You ignore the awesome possibility of "Hammer Time" in favour of "Ham Hour" (even Hammour, would've been a bit better).

Master of Time: another one... "Time Lord "... because Doctor Who.

Shrivelling: the spell's effects list "-1 HP {[~3}? every 10:by} IP lost... which I have no idea. is IP supposed to be initiative? And all that broken code needs fixing.

Skilful: US spelling right?

On a more positive note: Angrrr is an awesome choice for a word  

This post has been edited by GoldfishGod - May 25, 2011, 23:12:59.
posté May 26, 2011, 11:36:05 | #7
Hello,

Hammhour had already been translated for an artbook, so it was kept for continuity's sake.... however, there's a Hammer Time joke in the Hammhour Evocation description! **edit: Just been in-game to look, and this spell has evidently been replaced! The Hammer Time joke will therefore be moved to the Hammhour description.

Technically speaking, the spellings should all be US (so, actually it's "Shriveling" etc. as well, as strange as it looks to non-US readers)...

IP = Initiative Points, though that can be changed to Init. for clarity.

Glad to hear there are good points too, things are getting changed gradually, as you can see! Keep the suggestions and corrections coming, and we'll keep milking candles.

Reaj

posté May 26, 2011, 12:56:08 | #8
In the Professions-Screen the Justice Breastplate is Labeled "Gobballer Shoulder Pads"

posté May 26, 2011, 16:10:43 | #9
Wolfgang in incarnam replies

!content.75.247!
instead of message.

posté May 26, 2011, 17:30:22 | #10

Quote (Reaj-Knorg @ 26 May 2011 11:36) *
Hammhour had already been translated for an artbook, so it was kept for continuity's sake.... however, there's a Hammer Time joke in the Hammhour Evocation description! **edit: Just been in-game to look, and this spell has evidently been replaced! The Hammer Time joke will therefore be moved to the Hammhour description.
Go Hammer! Go Hammer!

Sacrier's Burning Blood: not sure, but to me "Boiling Blood" makes more sense to me... as in the phrase "that makes my blood boil" meaning I'm really angry. "burning blood" makes me thing "passionate" (in the pants) rather than angry.

Skilful: sorry, different thing this time... It's a bit vague. I'd suggest "Nimble" or "Agile" since it provides +dodge, and opposes "Awkward". Skilful could mean anything.
Awkward: Probably has nothing to do with your parents walking in on you in the middle. "Clumsy" seems slightly more specific, or at least less ambiguous.

Eniripsa's "Second Birth Mark": "Rebirth Mark" is less of a mouthful. Or, if you want word play Kar Mark (Karma... as in, the cycle of rebirth)

Spell mismatches
Moribund: shows as "Near Death" in the ability-upgrade UI. The State it creates is called Near Death as well. I like "Moribund" as it's a little more distinct.
Clinging to Life: shows as "Undead" in the ability-upgrade UI. "Impending Death" is the state's name. I'd go for "Cling to Life" as a skill name. Certainly not "Undead" as it's ambiguous with the Zombification state's effects (the heal as harm effect).
Death Sentence: shows as "Euthanized" in the upgrade UI. Since Euthanazia is a mercy killing normally... it's not really an "angry" action. "Death Sentence" is good.
Motion Sickness: shows as "Travel Sickness", and the state is "Transport Sickness"... If the name is supposed to be different from the state, then drop "Transport Sickness" and use one of the other two.
Extra-Vigrrrous: shows as "Overpowerful", with the "Ultra-Powerful" state. "Extra-Vigrrrous" is good. Especially when both "Overpowerful" and "Ultra-Powerful" are very ambiguous with the "Ultra-powerful" Doll created by the Sadida spell Still Life.

Timekeeper: or "Time-keeper" in UI?
Temporal Images: a.k.a "Time Stands Still" in UI. Temporal Images sounds better.

Art of Jumble: or "Kit Skill" in the upgrade UI. Kit Skill is good.

Xelor:
Any reason why it's "Three P.M.", when the other two spells are "Nine A.M." and "Six A.M." ... couldn't it just be "Three o'Clock", "Six o'Clock" and "Nine o'Clock" since it's positions on the clock.

Professions
The Profession UI calls it "Lumberjack" but the items call themselves "Forester's Harvests"
For the Trapper Profession, you could probably call items "Trapper's Harvests" to match the naming convention, rather than "Collected by the Trapper" (bit long-winded that).
Bakery items can be "Bread" rather than "Bakery"
Chef items can be "Food" or "Meal" rather than "Gastronomy"

As a side note, the item types "... Harvests", "... Decorations", etc seem a bit odd... the items are all singular items (with the exception of boots and "cards" weapons). The "Cards" weapon-type are still mislabelled as "Maps".

"Champ slobber/roots/etc"... I think this is supposed to be "Field ..." items, or maybe "Flower ...".
"Blibli leather/ring/etc" ... These is "Boar leather/etc"

Rocknocerous... seriously awesome!

This post has been edited by GoldfishGod - May 28, 2011, 01:16:41.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2007-03-17
posté May 27, 2011, 05:36:28 | #11
Angrrr: It's called "Chrage" when I gain it, and "Angrrr" when I lose it.

posté May 29, 2011, 12:14:53 | #12
Nearly everything in the farmers productionline is labeled "Wit Flour"

posté May 30, 2011, 04:28:53 | #13
Farle's farmer test "I've just tested my knowledge" to start the test.

He also talks about cultures, rather than crops.

"Hugh Jaxman" uses French for the asking about the Lumberjack test (to get the book, not to start the actual test)

This post has been edited by GoldfishGod - May 30, 2011, 19:53:04.
posté June 01, 2011, 08:04:45 | #14
The spell "Cat Tree" makes little to no sense. I could be wrong, but I believe "Arbre de chat" is something for cats to sharpen their claws on, a "Scratching Post".

posté June 01, 2011, 19:02:52 | #15

Quote (Oamoka @ 01 June 2011 08:04) *
The spell "Cat Tree" makes little to no sense. I could be wrong, but I believe "Arbre de chat" is something for cats to sharpen their claws on, a "Scratching Post".
No, they actually exist in english:
Click here
Cat trees are a bit more elaborate than scratching posts, with all kindsa crap that cats enjoy like hidey holes, dangling things, and scratching posts in one giant combo (like one of those all-in-one printer-scanner-fax machines).

Hoopiwi Key: talks about "Jonk's territory". For Amakna, the dungeons are actually in Hugh Jaxman's territory (not sure about Bonta)

Edit: It is Jonk Lees' territory for Bonta, but obviously that's not universal to all nations.

The map refers to "Kara" in Bonta, while the notification when entering the actual area calls it "Kara Plain"

"Bonta Ruins" (on the map UI) or "Bonta Village" (on area-transition)? It doesn't really look like a ruin anymore.

This post has been edited by GoldfishGod - June 07, 2011, 16:55:14.
posté June 10, 2011, 05:20:53 | #16
"Night is fallin", when you type /time at dusk, should be "Night is falling"

Challenge: A Fistful of Kamas (Kelba) - "one armed badits" should be "one armed bandits".

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2011-07-02
posté July 09, 2011, 00:28:00 | #17
Hope the challenges are translated soon, the idé of having them blinking on top of the screen maybe works if you understand the language, now its just annoying.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2006-06-05
posté July 09, 2011, 21:10:05 | #18
When hovering over the Wakfu / Stasis Gauge while it's empty (balanced: neither W nor S showing), it says Wakfu / Stasis Jauge instead of Gauge.

(edit)

When you get invited to a group and only react after the inviter has logged off (I'd guess it also happens when proposed an exchange and the other person logs off, etc.), the following text appears in the chat box: "You're contact either isn't online or doesn't exist!". The first word should be "Your", not "You're".

This post has been edited by Desho - July 16, 2011, 19:56:15.
posté July 22, 2011, 19:57:18 | #19
The book you get from the chef's profession says you cook in a "oven", but the correct answer for the test is "kitchen"(which is the right name of the workshop, the book is wrong)

posté July 25, 2011, 20:30:38 | #20
GoldfishGod's suggestion about the Xelor's air spells are very good. Three O'Clock, Nine O'Clock, etc.