Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

[Need More Info] Problems with text input/mini map removal
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-12-08
posté February 12, 2014, 01:13:57 | #1
[Need More Info] Problems with text input/mini map removal So, I use a Japanese IME because I am frequently switching between the languages. Simply with Alt+~ I can switch between using regular English and Hiragana input.

Since this update, every time I click into a text box, it automatically forces Hiragana input. If I try to enter anything without realizing it's on (which is ALWAYS), it puts in blanks/gibberish.

This happens with: Markets, login, regular chatting, and anything that requires typing.

Unless I press Alt+~ before I type anything at all, it is ALWAYS automatically forced into Hiragana mode.

This is extremely annoying for me. This only happened since the update last night.

I had to add English (US) to my IME (I'm Canadian but can't use English CA due to the French accents replacing things like question marks)

Even though English (US) is now an option for me to use, I have to switch from JP to EN (US) every time at game launch. I have since fixed this by forcing EN (US) to be my top language, but why did this even happen?

---

With the login, inputting text into the password field has been annoying since a few updates ago.
I have to literally click into the password field to type my password. Awhile ago, I could just type my password without clicking into anywhere. Every single time I launch the game, I type my password but nothing comes up... Because I have to click into the password field to enter anything. I end up having to type my password at least twice every time. Does anybody else have this problem?

---

I find that I have to click on my character several times before pressing 'i' successfully brings up my inventory. It's this way with every keyboard shortcut, emotes, everything. I think there's a new problem with switching between chatting and using shortcuts. (And yes, I have pressed enter to close chat mode before trying to use a shortcut.) I'd like to add that this issue is prominent with a few people I know, so it's not just me.

With all these text input problems, my wakfu experience has become a plethora of frustrating clicking and button-mashing.

---

Mini maps. Where'd they go? Nobody enjoys not having one, so I'm wondering what prompted you guys to take this feature away.

Edit: I realize the mini maps were not meant to be removed. In which case, please fix it soon!

This post has been edited by [Sabi] - February 13, 2014, 04:27:33.
Reason for edit : Updated status
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 12, 2014, 01:53:55 | #2
Thank you for your report!

As this is a particular issue where the team may need to see your logs when it happens, I would recommend to also file a ticket with our service support: Here, which will ask you to use the "report a bug or a problem" located on the top right of the screen while you in-game. 

posté February 12, 2014, 02:30:25 | #3
Just gonna throw this out there, I launched the game again and the text input has not been fixed. Still forces JP in Hiragana mode.

Thanks for the prompt response Sabi, but where do I file a ticket to attach the file? I've looked everywhere.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 13, 2014, 04:26:57 | #4

Quote (Poklop @ 12 February 2014 02:30) *
Just gonna throw this out there, I launched the game again and the text input has not been fixed. Still forces JP in Hiragana mode.

Thanks for the prompt response Sabi, but where do I file a ticket to attach the file? I've looked everywhere.

Hi PokIop,

When you use the "report a bug or a problem" it will generate the information that the team needs and attach it to your support ticket for you.

You can also directly do it via our support website: Here.

posté February 18, 2014, 02:29:15 | #5
Hi Sabi,

I tried several times to use the report bug or problem button in game as it happened, and it simply says there was an error making the report.

Don't know what to do now. It still forces me into JP mode.