Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

[Not a Bug] Zaap
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-06-06
posté April 29, 2014, 17:58:35 | #21
-Moved to bug reports section.
-Renamed "Not a bug"

+1

-Instead of fixing relevant bugs and resolving tickets, looking for other random things to touch and make the community rage.

Newsflash; People are still going to use the teleport and run down the stairs.
It's still only being used for that purpose. Nice try though.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-06-13
posté April 29, 2014, 18:00:40 | #22

Quote (Sabi @ 29 April 2014 17:47) *

Quote (krutaismagisters @ 29 April 2014 14:20) *
Q: Ankama, why did you move zaap?

Hi guys,

Moving the Temple of Scripture Zaap isn't a bug but a choice made by the team. It was deemed to be giving too much of an advantage, as the use of the temple of Scripture teleport would simply allow the player to have access to the Zaap with one click, therefore having free access to a Zaap and its destinations.

Originally the temple of Scripture teleport was only intended to get to the temple, therefore it was decided to move the zaap.

*Moved to 1.33 bug reports subforum

almost the same as saving on a haven world with a zaap, then recall potion

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-05-07
posté April 29, 2014, 18:03:55 | #23
So it was too much convenience... honestly, I don't see the problem with that. Allow me to remind once again there are games that let you... *gasp* teleport from anywhere on the map! In one of these games, the teleports to special landmarks you do need to reach by foot at least once (Like with our zaaps) do cost money, but larger teleports, interconnecting zones that might need to be explored, are actually free. And it works so well, there's no real need to have mounts, since people are actually happy they can move around so efortlessly and actually take time to explore if, and only if they want to, since the game encourages sightseeing as well. Now this would be a sensible design choice.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-06-06
posté April 29, 2014, 18:04:44 | #24
" almost the same as saving on a haven world with a zaap, then recall potion "

Shhhh what are you doing?!?!?!?
They just may take that away from us too!

This post has been edited by Kamiko - April 29, 2014, 18:05:29.
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté April 29, 2014, 18:15:45 | #25
Sabi what about solving our golden croum problem before say it 'not a bug' too.

Click here

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté April 29, 2014, 18:30:45 | #26
Hi guys,

My intention to share this information about the Zaap was to explain the thought process behind what the team has decided to do and the information shared with the CMs. This wasn't a change that I was made aware of prior of it made, I discovered it at the same time as you.

The thread was moved to the bug report section in order to keep track and share your feedback as it is related to the content changed with this 1.33 update.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté April 29, 2014, 18:35:01 | #27
Seriously...

WTF.

This should be the poster advert to why Ankama is failing. Wakfu sucks the hours out of our lives enough to keep us subscribing for decades. But i guess that simply isn't long enough for Ankama.

This is what I take from this change Ankama. You moved the zaap because a convenience for players somehow translates into less money more you. I'll give you a helpful tip Ankama: Moving the zaap only shortens the length of time existing players will subscribe. Think about that long and hard please.

tldr...

WTF.

Edit: Shouldn't games be convenient and fun???

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-12-30
posté April 29, 2014, 19:11:50 | #28
if it aint broke, don't fix it!!!!

Seriously, do you want to piss of us the few loyal customers you have so far? It feels like to me that every month you test our patience more and more. You want us to stop paying you ankama? I'm starting to get real tired of your shit every month..

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-11-24
posté April 29, 2014, 19:39:08 | #29
I wish I understood Sabi's explanation. She stated that the zaap next to the temple was "too much of an advantage." An advantage over whom? I don't see anyone benefiting from moving the zaap away from the temple. It's intensely frustrating when you make the game less inconvenient to no discernible end.

This reminds me of the decision the same one that decided to remove the turkeys from the towns? I'm sure you noticed that they are all ghost towns now.

It's also contrary. Is this the same dev group that decided to make the dragoturkeys free? Or that decided to setup the outposts with an easy zaap, craft machines and market all in one place? Those decisions brought marked improvements to the game. I'm *so* pleased that 5th Bond is no longer the only gathering place on the server (Nox) any more. I'm delighted that I don't have to wait forever for a kama-less party member to run across the map to join us in a dungeon.

Please do one of the following:
a) explain why moving the zaap is a benefit the community
b) move it back

Thank you

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-12-02
posté April 29, 2014, 19:41:09 | #30

Quote (Sabi @ 29 April 2014 18:30) *
Hi guys,

My intention to share this information about the Zaap was to explain the thought process behind what the team has decided to do and the information shared with the CMs. This wasn't a change that I was made aware of prior of it made, I discovered it at the same time as you.

The thread was moved to the bug report section in order to keep track and share your feedback as it is related to the content changed with this 1.33 update.
or hide it in a section ppl barely notices... right? (GG deleting my post, it had nothing wrong... i guess you really are stressed out, also... im still waiting for an answer about 2 reports i did about a moderator that i sent to the email you provided us... i guess you dont read that either, right?...)

Who should we report a thread in the wrong forum section? (other than sabi i mean, since she is the one that broke the forum rule.) is funny how you apply the rules the way you want...

This post has been edited by saphiLC2 - April 29, 2014, 19:54:56.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-04-29
posté April 29, 2014, 19:48:30 | #31
I appreciate you getting the reasoning to us Sabi but I must agree that is an absolutely bizarre explanation. I don't understand the reference to Free/easy access to a Zaap as an 'advantage' (incidentally, who was disadvantaged?) - it's simply reducing a boring element of the game to a minimum. Believe me, if I wanted to do chores, I wouldn't need to pay a subscription fee to find them

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2008-09-02
posté April 29, 2014, 20:11:29 | #32

Quote (AoKishin @ 29 April 2014 18:00) *

Hi guys,

Moving the Temple of Scripture Zaap isn't a bug but a choice made by the team. It was deemed to be giving too much of an advantage, as the use of the temple of Scripture teleport would simply allow the player to have access to the Zaap with one click, therefore having free access to a Zaap and its destinations.

Originally the temple of Scripture teleport was only intended to get to the temple, therefore it was decided to move the zaap.

almost the same as saving on a haven world with a zaap, then recall potion
The thing with the recall potion is that my damn respawn location is constantly changing, never stays at the haven world. Changes to places such as incarnam and part of the wabbit story line when you visit them e_e

~Jazza

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-07-03
posté April 29, 2014, 20:14:20 | #33

Hi guys,

And you ankama loose so much if you don't make us walk the way down from the temple to the zaap. You seriously kidding me? And moved in bug section even though it's not a bug. Why? Did you just move it away from general discussion so more people wouldn't see it? Oh come on...

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-01-22
posté April 29, 2014, 23:08:11 | #34
Well they want to waste our time thats for sure !
more sub more money for them [ TOO GREEDY ]
thats the reason why they never think of speeding the process of

KAMA MINTING MACHINE
PROFESSION CRAFTING SPEED
GATHERING PROF
DONT GIVE US MOUNT
RECONECT ISSUE

and now you moved zap too !
why you guys getting pissed ? because we can simply use teleport n 1clicked the zap?
we are the one paying you guys ! why not make wakfu a better place than
making it worst every update !
and beside some of us can play only for few hours why you
guys keep finding a way to make it more harder for us to enjoy the game ?

what if all of us got tired of ur sh#@ !!
and moved to other game ? since you guys are only good for wasting our time ..
fix this can you see lot of people against what you guys doin and you guys are not even listening to us !
we are the reason why this game is still running so be nice to us

This post has been edited by Szoul - April 30, 2014, 01:24:40.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-08-21
posté April 29, 2014, 23:50:17 | #35
Devs are running their heads against walls instead of opening a door.....

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-07-26
posté April 30, 2014, 00:27:25 | #36
please gief zapp back  

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-03-26
posté April 30, 2014, 00:35:29 | #37
It's not that far from original place. Why so mad?

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-03
posté April 30, 2014, 00:49:36 | #38

Hi guys,

COME ON we're still using teleport of scriptures, but now spending x2-x3 time on it and even more angry at devs than used to be before this stupid change. The game is already very time-consuming, why make it WORSE.

Quote (MereBytes @ 30 April 2014 00:35) *
Try to run here with 2+ accounts. Let's say, you're doing different dungeons and using the teleport 3-4 times per evening. Now calculate the time spent, compare it to the old, NORMAL zaap position.

This post has been edited by Seguchi-sama - April 30, 2014, 00:50:29.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-01-22
posté April 30, 2014, 01:09:51 | #39

Quote (MereBytes @ 30 April 2014 00:35) *

simply because its time consuming !
why your not mad ? ohh maybe your using 1 or 2 account
or you dont do dung or anything at all so all you do is zap sit and stare at people running around ..
thats why your not even affected if they moved that zap  

This post has been edited by Szoul - April 30, 2014, 01:20:13.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté April 30, 2014, 03:25:24 | #40

It was deemed to be giving too much of an advantage

I don't see what's wrong with having something convenient. We still have to pay to use the zaap. Gods, it's like they want EVERYTHING to be harder for us.