Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

[New] LOST PETS/ITEMS FROM INVENTORY!!! (Report here)
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2009-12-03
posté May 08, 2014, 14:34:13 | #181
Sabi, I want to know if I'll have my items back?

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-12-11
posté May 08, 2014, 15:27:23 | #182
Sabi, we understand that the support team is trying to fix this bug but we want SOLID answers:

Are we gonna get our items back?

if yes, when and how long are we gonna wait? (cause we are paying sub to PLAY not fearing a bag wipe, not to wait and get UN-ANSWERED QUESTIONS. its already THURSDAY!)

also if yes, are we gonna get them all back?(cause the ticket thing feels useless unless you have a log of items that a players has)

does multi-account owners need to give a ticket for every account? ( cause i'm a computer that remembers all my items in all my accounts :/ )

and if no, PLEASE TELL US NOW! so we can just decide what to do! and not waste our time waiting for the item return if its not gonna happen.(that's taking an eternity for a gamer, 5 days really?)

it really disappointing that Ankama is doing PROMOTIONAL CONVENTIONS but isn't really fixing bugs game has.(this is a really good promotional strategy. Enter wink of sarcasm here*)

I say, Players would choose to play a game that doesn't have bugs rather than a game that offers new content but is always buggy. Why do you think the players labeled Wakfu as "Bugfu"? its all cause of player experience.

I would also like to ask if a rollback is still possible at this moment.. but then i guess no (pls prove me wrong).
but if you closed the server and fixed what needs fixing.. i think a rollback would still be plausible.

ok here's the situation.

• Ankama know's that the game has a very very bad bug that is destroying the game..
  • Ankama know's that many has been affected at 2nd day but made the choice not to close the server down.
  • Ankama know's that the bug is still in the game and is not fixed.
  • Ankama know's that if people play there's a chance that they might lose there items( i've read aabout a double bag wipe :/ )
  • Ankama know's many players are already irate at this moment(bows) cause the players feel that the company isn't really doing anything fast enough (based on elapsed time) cause its been 5 days and the fix that the company did isn't even related to the Bag Wipe bug.

Set your goals straight! you are providing us with a product that needs fixing, and when we ask the company to fix the area that we want... its trying to fix a bug that isn't even a concern for the players at that moment! for real?!

-sigh-

Sabi, i appreciate you doing your job but pls i beg of you give us answers.. not more questions.

This game is dear to me but the support service is proving to be bad  

This post has been edited by Illustrado - May 08, 2014, 22:47:33.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2011-06-15
posté May 08, 2014, 15:42:35 | #183
Lost my woodent with bandana and dye 17lvl
regarding the disappearance of other items not noticed.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-06-24
posté May 08, 2014, 15:51:49 | #184

Quote (Illustrado @ 08 May 2014 15:27) *
I would also like to ask if a rollback is still possible at this moment.. but then i guess no (pls prove me wrong).
but if you closed the server and fixed what needs fixing.. i think a rollback would still be plausible.

The server should be manned 24/7 keeping an eye out for major issues, this would've allowed closure of server(s) on Sunday night when the bug began, this person could have put up an official statement explaining there is a game breaking bug which needs fixed, server(s) are closed until its resolved and everyone would get their sub time back from the missed hours and maybe a few wisdom candies.

^^ that there is how a good company would do things. It would allow Ankama to fix the game, rollback and vastly limit the damage done by the bug and to their reputation with the few new players who have come to try Wakfu.

This post has been edited by Jebusiscomingrun - May 08, 2014, 15:52:24.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-09-29
posté May 08, 2014, 16:06:32 | #185
Ticket Number: #1071869
Type: lost pet and item
Date: 05.05.2014

Description: All my pets and item in the main bag gone.
Gone also equipped pet

Pet: Surimi lvl 9 x1
Gemlin lvl 50 x1
Gobbly lvl 6 x1
Scarafly lvl 50 x1
Yech wawa lvl0 x1

Also: Krosbox x2

Also item that i lost: Wa wabbit's cloak
Wa wabbit's corset
Wa wabbit's awmbands
The wa's seal
Zwombbit torso

Char: Jusdero
Server: Remington
Nickname account: LinaleeLee

posté May 08, 2014, 18:21:23 | #186
Something from Sabi from the 'Community' thread in general discussion..

'The frustration that is being shared by many of the community is understandable and is taken very seriously, as well as wishing I could miraculously wave my light saber and make it all go away with everyone being happy.

Support service will be assisting you with your item loss once they have verified your ticket, meaning returning your items if everything looks good on your ticket and they will do their best to reply to your tickets and keeping you informed by the end of next week, so make sure to file those tickets
and include all the information you have. '

here's the link to the full discussion

I figured it was relevant to anyone hcecking for updates on the situation and deserves to be in this thread.

This post has been edited by Jebusiscomingrun - May 08, 2014, 18:22:27.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-11-15
posté May 08, 2014, 18:38:15 | #187
Ticket Number:
Type: lost pet and item

Description: All my pets and item in the main bag gone.
Gone also equipped pet

Pet: Moofly lvl 50 x1
snoofle lvl 50 x2
clawbot lvl 50 x1
macawker lvl 50 x1

Also: osamodas powder

Also item that i lost: sugnuf torso

Char: yxaxa
Nickname account: yxaxamgn 

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-02-09
posté May 08, 2014, 19:01:27 | #188
This is too frustrating now. We(at least me) cannot wait so long because
1. I invested my money in the so that i can play
2. I also invested time in the game to get the items and level pets.

I feel like ankama is ignoring us because it more than 4 days and still no nothing about this. We are just hearing that we are working on it but still no results and day by day the problem is increasing. Isn't that alarming ?
I want my items back because its all my hard work on this and as ankama is doing i feel like i have been robbed.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté May 08, 2014, 20:10:08 | #189
Hi guys,

Lets regroup and do a resume of the current information to help make sure that we are keeping each other informed.

The team is still investigating and is checking on all the steps that you have reported to have taken when the item loss happened, this takes time and so far we weren't able to reproduce the item loss, therefore the team is now looking into those disconnections that you have also reported. Which also means that those item loss are individual situations to look at as they aren't impacting everyone.

We want to help you with your item loss by offering item returns to those sending tickets to our support service, once they have been verified. You will start receiving a reply starting tomorrow regarding your tickets if you haven't received any yet.

We are also thankful for all the information that you have provided us so far and will keep monitoring for them. I would also like to thanks the community for your patience.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-08-01
posté May 08, 2014, 20:19:40 | #190

Quote (Sabi @ 08 May 2014 20:10) *
Hi guys,

Lets regroup and do a resume of the current information to help make sure that we are keeping each other informed.

The team is still investigating and is checking on all the steps that you have reported to have taken when the item loss happened, this takes time and so far we weren't able to reproduce the item loss, therefore the team is now looking into those disconnections that you have also reported. Which also means that those item loss are individual situations to look at as they aren't impacting everyone.

We want to help you with your item loss by offering item returns to those sending tickets to our support service, once they have been verified. You will start receiving a reply starting tomorrow regarding your tickets if you haven't received any yet.

We are also thankful for all the information that you have provided us so far and will keep monitoring for them. I would also like to thanks the community for your patience.

Ticket Number: # 1070040( BR ) and 1072067 ( US)
Type: Lost pet

Char: MetHero
Pet: Tofu lvl 50

Char Angles
Snoofle lvl 50
Tofu lvl 50

Thks

This post has been edited by Metalhero02 - May 08, 2014, 20:37:01.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-10-11
posté May 08, 2014, 21:21:12 | #191

From what I can tell the bug isn't triggered by particular player actions, but rather by something happening on the server. Thus everyone are in danger. I see absolutely nothing in common among people affected by this bug, other than them being active players. But after this bug not anymore. Actually perhaps this bug is triggered by staying logged on for too long?

This post has been edited by solluxander - May 08, 2014, 21:25:52.
posté May 08, 2014, 21:38:59 | #192

Hi guys,

It is almost impossible to attribute this to an individual non-related issue for each case of item loss. Just because your team cannot replicate the issue doesn't mean it is not generic issue which can randomly effect anyone.

I wonder if the team has considered the memory leak causing an issue, is it possible the server lag spikes are related or maybe even a 3rd party program, I've noticed since the last update of java the game has been even more prone to lag than ever.

In other words don't bleed on my ice cream and tell me it's raspberry sauce...

edit: I noticed an post offering help on nox, but I haven't noticed any reports of the bug from nox, seems odd that only 1 server has the issue.

This post has been edited by Jebusiscomingrun - May 08, 2014, 21:54:55.
posté May 08, 2014, 21:54:58 | #193
Lost items and pet from inventory

Character name : Nausicaa
Date : 05/05/2014
Time : 20.00
Map : Amakna outpost
Server : Remington

Bug description : items disappeared from the first bag of the inventory

My items lost list :

The fire of love
Oak killer x 2
Gobbalrog helmet
Wabbit stampew
Makabraspekting ring level 100
Makawker level 50

Ticket ID : 1072096

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2006-03-30
posté May 08, 2014, 22:09:04 | #194
What about people that lost items months ago and the only reply they've received is, "sorry we can't return it as you never had it..." -.- I'm pretty certain I didn't imagine my solomonk so why not resolve older issues before newer ones are looked into? It's really frustating that people waiting a few days could get their items back before others that have been waiting months

posté May 08, 2014, 22:40:41 | #195

Quote (XjumperX @ 08 May 2014 22:09) *
What about people that lost items months ago and the only reply they've received is, "sorry we can't return it as you never had it..." -.- I'm pretty certain I didn't imagine my solomonk so why not resolve older issues before newer ones are looked into? It's really frustating that people waiting a few days could get their items back before others that have been waiting months
This is where they tell you 'each ticket is treat on a case by case basis', ultimately meaning they have to do something this time because of the number of people effected.

This post has been edited by Jebusiscomingrun - May 08, 2014, 22:41:06.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-03-27
posté May 08, 2014, 23:39:49 | #196
Character name: Haskuzack
Date and time: Betwen 04/may/2014 to 05/may/2014
Map: Monk Island and Bonta

Bug description: My 1st Bag with a tamed abomination lvl 25+, a dragoyle and some resourse
my Heaven Bag chest second tab and some sets of the 1st tab just vanished.
a woodent lvl 30+ equiped.
REQUEST #1069251

I want a safe server to log in and go back to my loved virtual life. 

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-12-01
posté May 08, 2014, 23:46:40 | #197

Hi guys,

People are afraid to log on, if you don't log our server at all I have been logging this server for two years and I can tell you it's empty now, so I can make you sure it's Impacting everyone.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté May 09, 2014, 00:36:41 | #198

Quote (Jebusiscomingrun @ 08 May 2014 21:38) *

Hi guys,

It is almost impossible to attribute this to an individual non-related issue for each case of item loss. Just because your team cannot replicate the issue doesn't mean it is not generic issue which can randomly effect anyone.

I wonder if the team has considered the memory leak causing an issue, is it possible the server lag spikes are related or maybe even a 3rd party program, I've noticed since the last update of java the game has been even more prone to lag than ever.

In other words don't bleed on my ice cream and tell me it's raspberry sauce...

edit: I noticed an post offering help on nox, but I haven't noticed any reports of the bug from nox, seems odd that only 1 server has the issue.

Simply put, the team is investigating, once I have clear results to share, I will do so, so let's not be so harsh on the team and try to help instead.

Thank you for the advice on the memory leak I am sure that they are looking into it as well.

I understand that many of you are afraid to logon but this situation isn't affecting everyone either, there was a good advice of taking a screenshot of your inventory first and make a list of what you were carrying during your game session. That way you can keep track of it and report if necessary to support service if you were to loose anything.

Both Nox and Remington have several hundreds players playing at this time and I will continue to keep you updated.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2010-08-27
posté May 09, 2014, 01:31:21 | #199
Sabi can u look if ppl reporting the bug are all 'old' in the game? Maybe something linked to old accounts and database corrupted files?

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2014-04-28
posté May 09, 2014, 02:18:56 | #200

Quote (AndersonMenezes @ 09 May 2014 01:31) *
Sabi can u look if ppl reporting the bug are all 'old' in the game? Maybe something linked to old accounts and database corrupted files?

I joined the game about a week ago. Lost my pet anyways, so no - Not just old accounts.

Also, I can't say with 100% certainty because I wasn't paying attention to my pet all the time. But on the day it disappeared I had several disconnects, I think the pet only disappeared after I manually logged out and logged in the next day.

Also, it is just a guess as I don't know that much about the game's insides, but....
I kind of think that the disconnects in the game weren't the direct cause of inventory wipes, they might have just been the symptom of the server coming across corrupt inventories (and wiping them to fix them). My best guess is attributes specific to items (like exp on pets) was attempted to be written by the game and got written to another item or item slot instead. It would create invalid items or attributes on items that do not exist.

As I mentioned I think my pet vanished after normal log out. If so bug can strike anyone logging in and out therefore logging in/out more increases the chances to get affected.
I think servers lagged because the first affected players were logging in/out and the server could not process the inventory. Whatever protocol the server has for handling corrupt inventory it may have caused the server lags. Serv lags would cause more disconnects continuing the chain.

The reason that comes to mind is the last server maintenance. If you've played right before the maintenance you probably noticed the ridiculous amount of lag the game had. Now, I don't know how Wakfu server runs, but games don't usually start shutting down procedures ahead of schedule, which means the game should've been running as normal (or better due to population dropping as players log out) during the last 30 minutes before the maintenance. Only 1 thing I can think of could've affected server performance: players logging out and before the maintenance (and if my guess is correct getting hit by the bug as they do).

Check how many players were affected right before/during/after the maintenance to see if I'm right.