Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

I hear the private chat sound but cant see a message?
Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté September 17, 2013, 20:18:18 | #1
I hear the private chat sound but cant see a message? Its been happening for quite some time, but i cant place it on what account it happens (both accounts have sound on) (accounts: Thyholyoverlord & Uwstoorzender)

I sometimes hear a private chat sound but cant see a message appearing. I play wakfu on a mac with all updates. Whenever it happens i test it by sending a message to myself but that does show up without problems. I have no people in my blocked list so that cant be it.

Is there an emote that happens to have the same sound or something?

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-26
posté September 17, 2013, 23:40:20 | #2
There are a few mechanics in this game that releases the PM sound such as:
  1. The die rolling emote you get from Rock Paper Scissors game at the trool fair but that may be a slightly different sound.
  2. Someone sayign a variation of your ingame name in chat.
    • For example: A guildmate's name is "Sor" but due to my personality of being apologetic I usually say "Sorry!" a lot. So because I typed in "Sor..." he will get the PM sounds popping up every time I apologize and when he can see it (via Guild, Group, Vicinity, etc.)
Perhaps you are experiencing the same thing. If not you may want to toggle your chat messages by clicking the blue button to turn off the PM text then turning it back on to see if you really got a PM from someone.

I've went through this a long time ago and I've gotten the hint that it might be something else so I ignore it, however this puts me in a sticky situation where a certain someone starts yelling at me for ignoring him... -,- Errm sorry got a bit personal there. Good luck!

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté September 18, 2013, 11:57:32 | #3
Also try turning on and off the private messages.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-10-03
posté September 18, 2013, 15:59:28 | #4
Turning off and on the private messaging tab does work at times, but at others is does nothing to solve the issue.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté September 18, 2013, 18:14:58 | #5

Quote (KHfan22 @ 17 September 2013 23:40) *

1. Someone sayign a variation of your ingame name in chat.
    • For example: A guildmate's name is "Sor" but due to my personality of being apologetic I usually say "Sorry!" a lot. So because I typed in "Sor..." he will get the PM sounds popping up every time I apologize and when he can see it (via Guild, Group, Vicinity, etc.)
I think this could be it as people love to say my name in chat, i didn't know it works this way

Thank you all for the help ^^

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-26
posté September 19, 2013, 07:15:58 | #6

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 18 September 2013 18:14) *

Quote (KHfan22 @ 17 September 2013 23:40) *

1. Someone sayign a variation of your ingame name in chat.
I think this could be it as people love to say my name in chat, i didn't know it works this way

Thank you all for the help ^^
Lol! Considering your Xelor 's name is Yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a lot of "boop"s XD.
You on remmington?

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2011-07-25
posté September 19, 2013, 11:34:35 | #7
Also kralove mobs make popping sound.