Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

Fishing, Do we need a fishing revamp?
Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté March 10, 2013, 16:34:02 | #21
Same. I actually like fishing in this game, but I just don't see a reason to do that, I don't think I can get much kama from it...
Not just fisherman, but general proffesion revamp is needed. Right now, it's all about mining and everything is just endless, boring grind...

This post has been edited by Rokugatsu - March 10, 2013, 16:34:40.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté March 10, 2013, 21:49:44 | #22
Fishing is worth it, just to get the 50% Seal.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-20
posté March 10, 2013, 22:05:35 | #23

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 10 March 2013 21:49) *
Fishing is worth it, just to get the 50% Seal.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2010-08-21
posté March 11, 2013, 16:14:52 | #24
Fishing is awful.

1. It's worse than mining b/c the fish are spread out in different areas, require lures, and rarely are there even enough of them to have them respawn by the time you've fished the few nodes there are. It's a lot of waiting and running mostly. There should be more filet recipes like at the lower levels.

2. None of the high level fish are used in anything! Who wants to spend hours and hours fishing crap that currently has no use at all? People who want the seal, that's who, but it's still demoralizing to spend hours and hours and days and get nothing that even has a use other than taking up space until the developers add recipes. As bad as fishing is, you should be able to make some really nice stuff with the blasted fish. At the very least some chef items or a weapon or something.

3. We don't have to reinvent the whale, but look at our suggestions and mullet over. Some changes are dolphinately needed.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - March 12, 2013, 16:46:27.
Reason for edit : addtion of puns for xtra points
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-01-11
posté March 12, 2013, 14:28:43 | #25
We need more puns do I need to school you on fish puns. But good points were made on the seal and the lack of usefulness of high level fish. We need fish puns up the gills.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-20
posté March 12, 2013, 16:37:34 | #26

Quote (Mr-buddy2u @ 12 March 2013 14:28) *
We need more puns do I need to school you on fish puns. But good points were made on the seal and the lack of usefulness of high level fish. We need fish puns up the gills.
I think you need some better bait to reel us in for that.

This post has been edited by s1uggish - March 12, 2013, 17:11:15.
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté March 12, 2013, 17:09:58 | #27
Maybe you could make extremely good crafting recipes with the rare fish (sometimes you get a rare fish no? Crafting recipie could be like 1 x rare fish + x mats for 1 small dodge scroll.

posté June 08, 2014, 08:25:24 | #28
Ok so I'm having issues that I can find fishing spots within my level range but I can't use them. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté June 08, 2014, 08:42:57 | #29

Quote (LAnn @ 08 June 2014 08:25) *
Ok so I'm having issues that I can find fishing spots within my level range but I can't use them. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

Make lures.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-23
posté June 08, 2014, 12:04:56 | #30
Yes, it would be nice to have some fishing revamps.

It is tedious AND useless.
Most of the high level fish have no use, or have rather restrict uses compared to other recipes.
I got level 100 fishing only because I needed it for the Seal of Companionship, but it would be nice if they gave more recipes or practical uses to the fishes.

posté June 08, 2014, 13:20:19 | #31
I used some fish in chef but then they stopped being used in recipes after level 70 chef until level 100. Still waiting on that craft revamp.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2010-06-22
posté June 08, 2014, 15:35:38 | #32
I just leveled fishing to 100 yesterday, it was painful indeed. The last 10 levels was like an endless circle of hell... I had to constantly fish everything at Kelba, then take the boat and fish everything at Monk Island, then take the boat and do the same at Forfut, then boat back to Kelba... ugh! And everything for what? A gazillion fish that cannot be used in any recipe (yes, fish after lvl 75 are useless)? So I mean, what is the motivation for a guy to spend almost 2 weeks leveling this shit besides getting that gorgeous seal? Think about your frigging game, Ankama! Jeeeez...

posté June 08, 2014, 17:53:30 | #33
Yep I had to do that too. I just tossed em into my HW's resource bin.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-05
posté June 08, 2014, 18:25:12 | #34
Fishing should just get the harvest moon way of fishing, with ofc triple the amount of exp and drops

...scratch that, everything gather system should be replaced with harvest moons system (friends of mineral town ftw)

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-21
posté June 09, 2014, 01:37:41 | #35

Quote (androgyous @ 08 March 2013 07:27) *
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate
hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate FISHING!

It is the only gathering I have yet to get to 100, and I feel like I am forever gathering reeds to avoid actually fishing.
Can I +infinity this! I hated fishing, I waited until they had a bonus for gathering and used a mea potion to get mine to 100. I utterly hated it and it needs a serious revamp at higher levels.

posté June 09, 2014, 05:29:22 | #36
Needs more random craft mats other than chefish and boots/undies from stergeon. Maybe even decos or rare stuff. Fishing at the troll fair isn't as boring.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-01-12
posté June 09, 2014, 16:28:32 | #37
what could be done, is expanding on how catching fish works. Adding more depth to the system for gaining experience as a whole.

For instance. There should be instances where there would be a school of fish sometimes and we would have to use a crafted net for the profession to even attempt to catch the fish inside. Much like the harvest cat of joy, it would increase our gains in terms of fish. However I believe that using the net should also increase our experience gained with some sort of multiplier.

A School instead of shoal of fish should obviously have plenty of fish for the fisherman to catch, however, using a rod would yield little return, so the net should be useful.

ex: Crafted Rookie Net- 2.5% harvest speed 5% harvest bonus 10% profession experience bonus

Crafted Novice Net- 5% harvest speed 10% harvest bonus 15% profession experience bonus

Crafted Adept Net- 10% harvest speed 15% harvest bonus 20% profession experience bonus

Crafted Master Net- 15% harvest speed 20% harvest bonus 25% profession experience bonus

Crafted Legendary Net- 20% harvest speed 25% harvest bonus 30% profession experience bonus

The Nets would be used like hooks and the recipes would mostly involve varying materials and crafted threads/ ropes based on the net for crafting and obviously these numbers are just placeholders for examples since that might be too good but it's just filler.

I also feel that rare items like treasure (sunken, precious ores or kama or both), haven bag gems, krosboxes, maybe even a costume, pet, title and/or emote, also some equipment or materials for crafting special equipment.

In fact, if we could opt to go fishing on one of our nations boats that would also be interesting. Also, doable since they could use the same instance from the beginning of Zinit and we could just fish from the boat rather than fight monsters... though I wouldn't mind a wave of monsters attacking while on this business trip from time to time.

Oooh~ maybe while fishing in general we could reel in a monster to fight every now and then. It could have a unique drop table or its materials could be used in a special craft... or just normal sea beach creatures. There could even be special bait specifically for giving the player a chance to reel in specific creatures so that there is a bit more control.

There are lots of ways they could make fishing more enjoyable...but then again, the other harvesting professions would need a special boost to make them interesting as well if fishing were to get special treatment. Though, I welcome that honestly. Professions as they are, are just boring monotonous tasks that just eat up subscription time. Though the returns are great for every profession...except fishing if you don't count the seal nonsense.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - June 09, 2014, 16:35:27.
posté June 09, 2014, 19:10:09 | #38
You used to be able to get gems from mining. I wish they'd mix those in randomly instead of being enu drops.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-01-22
posté June 09, 2014, 23:16:22 | #39
Personally I enjoyed fishing more before the 2nd revamp, where they added even MORE bait. I haven't played in a while so I am not sure how it is now, but the recipes for some of those were a real pain. It wasn't fun having to gather the materials in order to be able to fish.

The appeal to fishing (for me) was the fact that you didn't need to do any prep work and you could do it in many different places without penalty. It was my favorite and most cherished gathering activity...until they added all of the bait. I haven't touched it since and that's coming from someone who leveled it to 60 more than a few times during beta.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-11-30
posté June 10, 2014, 14:31:48 | #40
Yea they should do a revamp just for the halibut. *jazz hands*