Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

How Stasis damage works (October update)
Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté October 11, 2013, 17:32:34 | #1
How Stasis damage works (October update) I spent a little while working out stasis this are the things I found out so far I do not assume I am correct however I did much testing with very small differences in the numbers.

Stasified at level 100 against a normal target reduces their resistance by 50% .

So a monster with 200% resistance will now be 150% for your stasis attacks.

Against a target with two of the same element resistance like a UB the effect is double so its (-50 x 2) =-100% of their resistance. So moowolf with 300% would then be 200% for your stasis attacks.

Motherfogger for me at least add currently 45% (not 50% as stated) this 45% adds to your stasis mastery you know the little purple gauge near your health.

Say you had 100% stasis damage normal you would have 145% in mother fogger mode it does not display visually.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - October 11, 2013, 19:11:53.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-03-09
posté October 11, 2013, 18:03:15 | #2
Nice! good to know, thx =)

Oh i have a question for you maybe u found out: do you know how the dmg% works with the resist%?
I mean is it better to have like 300%dmg hitting a 150% resist or having like 500%dmg hitting a 350% resist? is the final dmg the same?

posté October 11, 2013, 19:28:13 | #3
You will hit the same correct.

How to work out damage. Base damage ([+bonus elemental damage% -elemental resistance%]+1).
Lets say 100* ([500%-350%]+1 so 100 *(150%+1) = 250 final damage.

Ok, as I love maths I think know some of the Wakfu formulas which I use when making builds for myself and other people. However with all the new equipment critical hit bonus, backstab bonuses it was getting harder to quickly see what is better in terms of equipment.

So I have made a full damage calculator which I am going to share with you (which you will have to download to use).

Now if someone wants to turn this into a html webpage please do .

Before you argue that any of my maths if incorrect please can you test it. As I spent over an hour using this spreadsheet with a extremely low variance between the game and the calc which is most likely a rounding issue. I do not claim that any of the formulas I use are correct as Ankama, maths and logical rarely work together.

To use the calc simply enter your numbers in the boxes then magic.
By base damage/combo I mean if you cast 3 spells with a base of 25 your damage per turn will be 75.

Notes:

• You can never hit less than your base damage so 100 base against 500% resistance and you hit 100 I couldn't get the special rule to work in my version of open office (not excel) as thats all I have atm.
  • This calc can be used in and outside of combat, if you gain +20% critical hits after using 1 Wakfu Point then add it in, so you can see the damage difference.
  • Sidestab is +10% final damage so 1.1 final damage.
  • Backstab is +25% final damage so 1.25%, backstab bonus damage is added to bonus damage
I have put the formulas at the right of the spreadsheet. I didn't think backstab just gets added to normal damage however I have run the maths so many times it can only be like that.
Now damage is not everything as this is just a straight calc for certain classes/builds you may want to lower your damage in order to gain resistance for example.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-03-09
posté October 11, 2013, 20:37:38 | #4
Ok, thx for the clarification :p
Anyway with the new fogger and stasis branch does the backstab dmg and crit dmg on equips work?
Or is it like before? so no benefits from equips?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté October 11, 2013, 23:01:06 | #5
first off. Stasis damage works off the lowest resists. Secondly i still dont think that foggers get backstab or side damage but im not super sure on this.

On the lowering resistance i dont think thats how it works anymore. see it adds stasis damage to you so you gain more damage... its sorta the same really i just think that needs clarification. *note this could of been stated in the changelogs but i dont feel like reading through them for this post* Anyway i just dont think this calculation is right because Stasis damage works alot differently than any damage in the game. I dont mean to be rude im just expressing doubt on some of jerrys math is right with this one.... again im not expert on foggernauts but i have been playing them since they have come out... so im assuming i know something.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté October 14, 2013, 10:40:03 | #6

Quote (Nox16 @ 11 October 2013 23:01) *
first off. Stasis damage works off the lowest resists. Secondly i still dont think that foggers get backstab or side damage but im not super sure on this.

On the lowering resistance i dont think thats how it works anymore. see it adds stasis damage to you so you gain more damage... its sorta the same really i just think that needs clarification. *note this could of been stated in the changelogs but i dont feel like reading through them for this post* Anyway i just dont think this calculation is right because Stasis damage works alot differently than any damage in the game. I dont mean to be rude im just expressing doubt on some of jerrys math is right with this one.... again im not expert on foggernauts but i have been playing them since they have come out... so im assuming i know something.

Stasis did not used to get Backstab or Side Damage bonus'.

However it does now (just tested). I do more damage from both the sides, and even more from the back with my stasis spells.

This may have been given back to Stasis as the spells have had a reduced Base Damage from before (before it was super high, that coupled with no resists taken place back then, backstab and side damage was removed).

- Kat

posté October 14, 2013, 11:54:15 | #7
Stasis has been able to get sidestab and backstab for over 6 months or longer.
When Critical hit damage was removed sidestab and backstab was given.

I am not sure if critical hit damage works with stasis at this moment in time.

Back in the good old days my fogger could do 1,100 stasis backstab damage first turn.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - October 14, 2013, 11:55:13.
Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté October 14, 2013, 12:14:45 | #8
Oh, I know backstab and side damage have worked on Stasis for a long while now. Was just pointing out as the post before (that I quoted) didn't seem to know.

I also do not know if +Critical Hit Damage works, though I honestly didn't know it didn't before. My Fogger is to low level to test such things out as this.

- Kat

posté January 21, 2014, 16:40:55 | #9
can you describe more information about how to get double bonus dmg from stasified
i'm play in asia server it say "if target has matching resistances" what dose it mean ?

thank you for information

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2008-06-24
posté January 23, 2014, 16:52:59 | #10

Quote (Seijuroz @ 21 January 2014 16:40) *
can you describe more information about how to get double bonus dmg from stasified
i'm play in asia server it say "if target has matching resistances" what dose it mean ?

If your opponent has two resistances with the same exact number for example :250% earth resistance and 250% water resistance, than your stasis damage will increase in power.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-21
posté January 29, 2014, 18:59:09 | #11

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 23 January 2014 16:52) *

Quote (Seijuroz @ 21 January 2014 16:40) *

If your opponent has two resistances with the same exact number for example :250% earth resistance and 250% water resistance, than your stasis damage will increase in power.

I believe this is still bugged. I only ever see the damage increase vs enemies with 4 matching resistances like Jellix or many of the UB. I'm still hoping i'm wrong and I haven't checked since the last time I tested it.