Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Can you give an advice for total beginner, guide
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-12-14
posté December 14, 2013, 09:31:04 | #1
Can you give an advice for total beginner Hello

I started to play in Wakfu however iam really confused about proper build.
There is no any tutorial explaining build or something.

I have read guide on forum but there are no any immportant information for total beginner. Iam litlle experienced in game mechanics from Dofus but here is litlle bit different.

ok Lets starts
I want to play as a Foggernaut

my questions are

1) Stasis is good for beginners?
2) Could you tell me where is the option to reset skills and stats distribution?

3) could you tell me what kind of stats i have to distribute as a stasis build or fire build?
I dont have any idea where i have to distribute and there is no any guide explaining that as well

4) any other hints?

I will appreciate your help
Best regards

Yis

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2011-12-01
posté December 14, 2013, 23:58:58 | #2
1. Stasis is good, but get harder to stat for as you generally general damage gear. Still very fun a doable, but as a beginner, you may find Fire or Earth simpler to start out with.

2. You get one free restat at Lvl. 30. Just that one. To restat any other time, you need to do a long quest (more teedious than anything else as you need to get a loooot of mats) or you need to buy a respec scroll from the cash shop. So before Lvl 30, have fun, do random things. After that, you best plan ahead. Look at the skills you want to use. Such as how much AP and MP do you want in the end (usually plan for say what you'll be using at Lvl 100 or so). You have a base 6 AP 3 MP. You can get +1 AP from a weapon at Lvl 100+ or so. +2 AP from equips is relatively simple by Lvl 60+. You can get get +2 more AP from gear, but that is much harder and requires at least one Relic rarity item for that much from gear. You can also stat up to +2 AP. AP maxes at 12 AP outside of battle. On the other hand, MP maxes at 7 outside of battle. It is easy to get +1 MP starting at Lvl 40+ and get usually +1-2 more MP from gear at 100+ or so. Of course you can stat up to +2 MP as well.

AP and MP are one of the more core things you look at when planning ahead. After that, look at +Range. Do you have spells that have modifiable range and would it be worth it? You can stat up to +1 range and get between +1-3 Range from gear depending on what you equip.

Stating elements can be nice depending on your play style as it boosts your base Masteries and Resists in that perticular element.

Do not stat HP.

Here are a couple useful sites/threads.

In this Fogger Tri Build thread, I derail it a bit and describe in great detail all types of Foggers, from Stasis Foggers, Tank Earth Foggers, and the Ranged Fire Foggers.
Click here

This site is Wakfu-Elements. It is put together by an amazing fan of wakfu and contains every item and set. It even has a set builder so you can test out builds (I spend way to much time using it) that even lets you distribute your spell levels and stats to see exactly what you're building for. Elements also tells you what is on the market on every server and what things have been priced at in the past if they've been sold on the market and not from a haven bag or directly from player to player.
Click here

This is Wakfu's Encyclopedia (you can also see it in the tab above). Use it mainly to see exact drop rates and PP locks (those exact numbers on things from the absolute latest patches sometimes take a bit to show up on elements).
Click here

Hope that gets you started. Ask specific questions if you need more help. "Most" of this community is actually very friendly and helpful, which is nice.

- Kat

posté December 26, 2013, 16:33:00 | #3
Hi again Kurokat

First fo all thank you for your guides it helped me a lot.
Atm iam 30 lvl after abilities respec.
At 31 i will go for additional 1ap.

But tell me please (from your experience) which specialities i should lvl first?
I messed at the begining so iam not used to use rails etc.

For stasis fogger i should max first critical turbo?
What about motherfogger and fogginator? Which 1 of these i should lvl?
Can you tell me please right order of lvling specialities?

Currently iam using gobbal set. Which next set i should aim for?

Thanks in advance
Yis

posté December 26, 2013, 19:46:30 | #4
First, I need to know what type of Fogger you are trying to be.

Are you a:
1. Stasis Fogger (damage dealer)
2. Earth Fogger (tank)
3. Fire Fogger (damage dealer)
4. Hybrid Build
5. Tri-Build

Next, I would need to know what spells/abilities you are using. Such as if say you are a Stasis Fogger like mine, I do not use Aynaloxide, so Critical Turbo does me no good generally. As a Stasis Fogger, you would greatly benefit from Motherfogger over Fogginator. Fogginator may give you some nice damage output (coming from the reduced cost of spells), but you damage yourself. While Motherfogger allows you to fire your spells at an angle (removing the line cast restriction) and grants you additional damage and resists while sitting in your lazy boy.

As a Stasis Fogger, I did:
1. Max Microbot (need that cost down as much as possible)
2. Groove to Lvl 10 (more control, allows more rails, also increases length and charges)
3. Max Motherfogger (same as Microbot, need the lower cost for same turn casts)
4. Groove to Lvl 20 (more of before, should also have at least 1 control on your items for now complex rails)

Remember, rails help even when not in your Motherfogger for nice map control, allowing not only you, but your allies too to cover a great distance.

Listed above is just of course the start, but that pushes you through the first 50 lvl's or so in spending ability points.

Now of course, no matter the Fogger you make, I recommend getting Microbot and Groove up high so that you can use the rails as they can benefit any Fogger, though if not a Stasis one, you can put it off for a bit in favor of other abilities.

Again, it all depends on the type of Fogger you're building. You may not even like rails like I do and choose not to use them at all (which would be a shame).

Oh, and quick reasoning on why Critical Turbo isn't really used for my Fogger is because of Aynaloxide's AoE. You will never want to use Aynaloxide on the Motherfogger as you will be removing charges from your Motherfogger, ending it sooner. That and the AoE, like to the Motherfogger, just gets rid of charges on any of the Microbot's forming the Rails too.

- Kat

posté December 26, 2013, 20:57:27 | #5
Hi

I want to become stasis fogger.
(i dont know what is the difference between stasis and hybrid build)

Mostly i use heart of steam and ray of stasis. Very rarely i use pinky aoe.
Other spells i use in order are
1. blazing fire
2. flame thrower
3. stomp
4. flame fervor

Thats all in terms of my skill usage.

i tried tri fogger build which you mentioned.

posté December 27, 2013, 08:15:19 | #6
Seems to me that you are more of a hybrid (two elements).

I am a Stasis Fogger, using spells such as Heart of Steam, Ray of Stasis as my main followed by nicely lvl'ed Stasis Shot for that no LoS and Stasis Strike for AoE ranged shots (works well with motherfogger). Only Stasis spell I don't use is Aynaloxide, thus the only one not really leveled much. I do also have one spell in each other branch leveled (Stomp and Blazing Fire at the moment, may change Blazing Fire to Flame Thrower). Reasoning for not lvling up Flame Fervor is that I'm only using it for escapes and map movement, so I'd like to be able to use it through my allies without hurting them (which it would if it was at a higher lvl, causing higher base damage).

The reasoning for my lvling of one spell in each of the other two tree's is because of how Motherfogger works. The Fire and Earth spell used in Motherfogger is the same level of the highest level spell in said element. So if I really want to toss out those spells, I can.

The reason I call you a hybrid is because you have about equal spells in two elements. 2 Stasis, 3 Fire and 1 Earth. Though the Stomp from Earth doesn't count as much as it's more just a filler when you need a quick blockade or have extra MP. You split yourself between Fire and Stasis. For Tri, you'd normally have 2 spells in each element.

Earth Fire hybrid Foggers generally do very well and it's easy to find gear with those two elements (even two Ultimate Boss gear sets (Moowolf and Magmog) work for them). I find personally though that if you go Stasis, Pure Stasis works best. Main reason is partially by Fire's mechanic. You need to keep it up to do your bonus' each turn for both cooling and overheating. Once you start tossing in other spells, you break the cycle and have to start again. That and normally the reason to use two or more elements is so that you have the enemies weaknesses covered. Stasis does not have that problem. It is harder to build damage as you need general damage gear (well it works best, not needed), but it always hits the enemies lowest resist. So you don't need to worry about swapping elements.

- Kat

posté December 27, 2013, 12:08:56 | #7
Hmm
My fire spell are very situational. Mostly as a filler but they are quite handy at this part of game.
So despite build (pure stasis, or hybrid build) its better to max asap microbot and then groove till 10, next max motherfogger and back to groove ya?

What kind of sets i should aim for as a stasis foggy?
Right now i have gobbal set with 30 lvl weapon - Nubby Shovel

I know that i messed up with spells but until the late game it doesnt metter. I cant lvl spell higher then my character's level. On 100 lvl or something again i will have to respec to follow the end game build which you have mentioned.

At this moment
Characteristics
lvl 33
Water dmg +20%
Air dmg +20%
Earth dmg +53%
Fire dmg +67%
Initiative +34
Lock +31
Dodge +23
CMC dmg +16

Abilities
1AP (150 points spent)

Foggy Specialities
Microbot 9 lvl
Groove 10 lvl
Motherfogger 3 lvl

Stasis Spells in order
Heart of steam 32 lvl
Ray of stasis 32 lvl
Stasis shot 8 lvl
Stasis strike 5 lvl
Anyl...grrr pinky cloud 22 lvl (using mostly for grinding mobs and farm mats)

Earth spells
Pummel 2 lvl
Stomp 27 lvl
next 2 spells are on 1 lvl
and bombardment 12 lvl

Fire spells
Flambe 2 lvl
Flame thrower 22 lvl
Blazing fire 31 lvl
Flame fervour 27 lvl
Steampalm 13 lvl

Uff i know its really messy but as i mentioned on early lvls there is no any difference. All spells are situational but main dmg comes from your core spells (in my case heart fo steam and ray of stasis)

Any other hints how to sort the spells at my lvl?
For me immportant is what kind of armor sets i should get next?

Best regards
Yis

posté December 28, 2013, 18:15:34 | #8
Did you save up your first 150 points for AP? Try not to do that in the future, you waste about 30 levels trying to do that... try to run it on your respec and just upgrade your masteries.

To be fair I'm a pure tank/stasis fogger (I disregarded everything and went HP), running at 75 atm on that account. I'm running at about 1.8k hp alone, 2k hp with multimen, 2.5k hp with full party. I'm running at 160~300 dpt to enemies my level (depending on how much i move to get into position) going up with stasified.

There is no reason you should be running CMC damage, your micros dont do consistent enough damage (I dont think the redirect even counts off their damage).

Aynaloxide is actually decently useful because of its high base damage, having a critical turbo on it means MASSIVE damage in an AoE (and it uses WP so you can actually chain critical). The only problem with that move is it damages EVERYTHING except yourself. Allies, Multimen, things that reflect damage back to you, even cybots.

If you are going stasis, then I would try to aim for +earth on your items as you will be using those earth moves a lot (Looking at you Stomp).

This is probably irrelevant to you, because you are going motherfogger, but I also maxed out my stasis flux/stasis shield/armor plating... Oh armor plating improves blockades too.

I was pretty partial to the imperial shin set (larva dungeon)... but I was lucky and someone was selling it... (try to look 20~30 levels ahead for your item sets... especially if they contain multiple orange items or higher... get a group of friends to grind it for you, trade a lot, bake bread, sell bread, buy stuff)

After I went to the boowolf set (never really finished the set/Boowolves, lunar)

And right now I'm using Infernal set (Celestial Gobball rare), I got lucky and bought 2x makabra rings (damage reflect/prospecting) and Makabrastaff... people sell those things anywhere from 5,000 to 150,000. Use the Medal of Merit until you get a different insignia. Ringlet Shield. Keeler Amulet. Boowish Belt and Epautulletes.

Use Click here to try and find what items you want to get.

Good luck!

This post has been edited by WhyIsChoosingANicknameSHard - December 28, 2013, 18:17:39.
posté December 29, 2013, 16:26:51 | #9

Quote (kurokat @ 26 December 2013 19:46) *
First, I need to know what type of Fogger you are trying to be.

Are you a:
1. Stasis Fogger (damage dealer)
2. Earth Fogger (tank)
3. Fire Fogger (damage dealer)
4. Hybrid Build
5. Tri-Build

Next, I would need to know what spells/abilities you are using. Such as if say you are a Stasis Fogger like mine, I do not use Aynaloxide, so Critical Turbo does me no good generally. As a Stasis Fogger, you would greatly benefit from Motherfogger over Fogginator. Fogginator may give you some nice damage output (coming from the reduced cost of spells), but you damage yourself. While Motherfogger allows you to fire your spells at an angle (removing the line cast restriction) and grants you additional damage and resists while sitting in your lazy boy.

As a Stasis Fogger, I did:
1. Max Microbot (need that cost down as much as possible)
2. Groove to Lvl 10 (more control, allows more rails, also increases length and charges)
3. Max Motherfogger (same as Microbot, need the lower cost for same turn casts)
4. Groove to Lvl 20 (more of before, should also have at least 1 control on your items for now complex rails)

Remember, rails help even when not in your Motherfogger for nice map control, allowing not only you, but your allies too to cover a great distance.

Listed above is just of course the start, but that pushes you through the first 50 lvl's or so in spending ability points.

Now of course, no matter the Fogger you make, I recommend getting Microbot and Groove up high so that you can use the rails as they can benefit any Fogger, though if not a Stasis one, you can put it off for a bit in favor of other abilities.

Again, it all depends on the type of Fogger you're building. You may not even like rails like I do and choose not to use them at all (which would be a shame).

Oh, and quick reasoning on why Critical Turbo isn't really used for my Fogger is because of Aynaloxide's AoE. You will never want to use Aynaloxide on the Motherfogger as you will be removing charges from your Motherfogger, ending it sooner. That and the AoE, like to the Motherfogger, just gets rid of charges on any of the Microbot's forming the Rails too.

- Kat
So since I'm making a stasis fogger what should my stat points go into?

posté January 29, 2014, 19:33:36 | #10
Hey Kurokat

Long time no see.

As a stasis Fog. iam still litlle bit confused what kind of sets i should collect.
So far equip items with +% to overall dmg but maybe i should focus on fire/ earth only?

Atm iam 75 lvl fog and i use Infernal Set.

Anyone can tell me what kind of sets i should use for stasis Fog.?

There is 1 thing which i hate in stasis fog - motherfoger......its bugged. My spells dont get experience when i use motherfogger.

In temple or in advanced dungeons its worthless to use that speciality.

Best regards