Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

[Guide] Mango's Air/Fire Xelor Build (Must Be Updated), version 1.8
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-09-29
posté September 01, 2013, 01:14:02 | #61
Do you think Distortion is still worth maxing?

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté September 01, 2013, 01:30:12 | #62

Quote (elgatopucha @ 01 September 2013 01:14) *
Do you think Distortion is still worth maxing?

As a hybrid? No. Underhand and Xelor's Punishment are in my opinion the go-to spells in the air tree. If you were mono element I'd say yes, Temporal Distortion should be the third spell that you max out.

• Mango

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-07-26
posté October 20, 2013, 16:01:10 | #63
Underhand was nerfed quite heavily with last patch, do you still think it's worth maxing as hybrid? Or Aging or Tempral Distortions seem better idea now?

Fansite Operator & Mister Winter Fashion Victim * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté October 21, 2013, 04:11:26 | #64

Quote (Gafgarion22 @ 20 October 2013 16:01) *
Underhand was nerfed quite heavily with last patch, do you still think it's worth maxing as hybrid? Or Aging or Tempral Distortions seem better idea now?

It's good as a cheap utility skill that can ensure that enemies never start next to you. That being said, I think there are better options. I recently switched back to an initiative burner build which is pretty great for PvM now.

Because of the massive amounts of % damage air/fire can achieve now it's not bad going back into Aging at all. You can get good air damage out of a 2 AP investment in an AoE. I took Hand, Temporal Dust, Aging, Temporal Distortion, and Xelor's Punishment. Each for their own reasons.

One special thing to note is that if you decide to go into the air/fire initiative burner route, that Temporal Waves is not worth it and does little to improve your damage. That passive is only worth it as an AP stealer for the improved theft chances or as a tribrid build. The specialties I would take are Xelor's Dial, Temporal Prism, Rollback, Timekeeper, Devotion, Desynchronization, and Mummification.

I'll update this guide at some point later on to include all this information.

• Mango

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté October 21, 2013, 12:24:39 | #65

Underhand was nerfed
that was unnerfed last patch.

posté October 21, 2013, 20:07:17 | #66

Quote (khackt @ 21 October 2013 12:24) *

Underhand was nerfed
that was unnerfed last patch.

I think they're referring to the heavy decrease in base damage. It's much weaker damage/AP now, but as a utility skill it's much better now that teleporting things only costs 5 AP instead of 6 AP.

• Mango

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté November 07, 2013, 05:34:29 | #67

Updated air/fire gear. This is about as good as gear gets prior to Relic items and Wa Wabbit gear. When the dial change comes we can invest the 100 points from an MP into damage for another 12% or 13% damage and resist. I'm also in Sufokia in at the moment so changing nation would merit another 15% or so in either element. It might be possible to do 700%/700% without a Relic but it definitely won't be easy, at least not prior to 140.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Kokonaut - November 07, 2013, 05:37:53.
posté November 09, 2013, 12:42:46 | #68

Quote (Kokonaut @ 07 November 2013 05:34) *

Updated air/fire gear. This is about as good as gear gets prior to Relic items and Wa Wabbit gear. When the dial change comes we can invest the 100 points from an MP into damage for another 12% or 13% damage and resist. I'm also in Sufokia in at the moment so changing nation would merit another 15% or so in either element. It might be possible to do 700%/700% without a Relic but it definitely won't be easy, at least not prior to 140.

• Mango
I agree i think we can push 700 as a class. Atm im just trying to get over the 600 barrier *in battle* but i just need a new weapon and i dont even have the best gear :x id have to really look at gear though... not sure what the optimal set up would be. for the relic id maybe suggest the meridia but i suppose it depends on what gear you have or the combo you want.... i just think the meridia is very good. Also are you going to upgrade to wa wabbit gear? cause its like the best fire gear in the game atm if im not mistaken. Also if the removal of mp cost would you change bps perhaps... im purely fire for the most part so i find emiws better but since your mainly air with fire as a side i suppose you dont care about that...

On a different topic of mp. The patch notes say we arnt getting free movement just something to deal with not losing more mp when moving to corner cells[guessing it was a bug] idk but if they ever do remove the mp cost on the dial idk if wed need more than 5 mp at max... since we can just move freely.

One more thing it pains me to see temporal burn so low ;o; its such a good skill at this point in time i think its lv 126 or 123.. 120something on my xelor and it does about the same damage or more than dust does sometimes its a little mini nuke but i digress.

Point is i do think xelors could reach it... just may need a bit of help.

posté November 11, 2013, 09:39:15 | #69

Quote (Nox16 @ 09 November 2013 12:42) *
I agree i think we can push 700 as a class. Atm im just trying to get over the 600 barrier *in battle* but i just need a new weapon and i dont even have the best gear :x id have to really look at gear though... not sure what the optimal set up would be. for the relic id maybe suggest the meridia but i suppose it depends on what gear you have or the combo you want.... i just think the meridia is very good. Also are you going to upgrade to wa wabbit gear? cause its like the best fire gear in the game atm if im not mistaken. Also if the removal of mp cost would you change bps perhaps... im purely fire for the most part so i find emiws better but since your mainly air with fire as a side i suppose you dont care about that...

On a different topic of mp. The patch notes say we arnt getting free movement just something to deal with not losing more mp when moving to corner cells[guessing it was a bug] idk but if they ever do remove the mp cost on the dial idk if wed need more than 5 mp at max... since we can just move freely.

One more thing it pains me to see temporal burn so low ;o; its such a good skill at this point in time i think its lv 126 or 123.. 120something on my xelor and it does about the same damage or more than dust does sometimes its a little mini nuke but i digress.

Point is i do think xelors could reach it... just may need a bit of help.

It does look like they're axing the free MP mobility so 6 MP may remain the best for team play (quad-Devotion, move + attack, move back). The Meridia Insignia is the poor man's Relic, but nonetheless seeing as I don't own a Relic I would use it if I had it. My point being, Celestial Bearbarian Amulet is essentially a White Crow Amulet + Meridia Insignia in one item slot. Powerful Dazzling Belt lets you do 12 AP without using Satisfaction Ring and Nettlez is the be-all-end-all 10 AP build item. I wouldn't use Solomonk, since it would make me too squishy and the helmet slot provides so much HP and resist.

The plan is Wa Wabbit gear some day. My team has no problem clearing through Wobot-in-Chief but Wa Wabbit is a tough boss. Emiw is fire/earth, and not relative to my build. The Zwombbit Torso is the best air/fire BP in the game at the moment.

The bug they're addressing has to do with sometimes spending all of your AP to move across the dial instead of one MP. It's a huge pain and as long as that gets fixed I'm content.

Temporal Burn is great! However Temporal Dust has let me play with AoE initiative burning and it's a lot of fun. No other fire spell can AoE initiative burn. I'm getting about 700-800 (CH) + 200 (Aging) damage with Aging + Temporal Dust against up to five enemies for just 8 AP. It's really nice to have such a huge AoE option, even if the base/AP is kind of low. Xelor's enormous elemental mastery makes up for it.

• Mango

Edit: Here's a pure fire, 1700+ HP, 25 CH, 2 RA, 10/6 set-up that lets you just hit 600% damage before combat even begins (550% pre-bonuses, 30% from Brakmar + 20% from guild). Looking at 750% fire mastery after Temporal Prism is complete, 775% fire mastery on the peak dial cell. A few level ups, a pair of Genetically Modified Epaulettes, and a Nettlez, and as high as 825% fire mastery is definitely plausible pre-Wa gear. Resists are okay (over 100% quad, over 300% fire if guild bonuses at least 15%). Furthermore as long as you can get an Amuleto you don't need to invest any Kit Skill seeing as your level is 133 and the highest item is the Zwombbit Torso (iLvl 141). These items are so-so difficulty to obtain. I'd say 7/10 effort needed to get all these things in a timely manner.

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - November 11, 2013, 10:06:20.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-10
posté November 18, 2013, 12:23:06 | #70
btw why did u get 20 lvl temporal waves? is it just to change turn order including ub?

i thought u had water fire xelor XD why did u change back to air fire again?

This post has been edited by MrAsura - November 18, 2013, 12:25:19.
posté November 18, 2013, 19:29:31 | #71
Maybe I'm getting a bit jaded,but as a fellow hybrid fire/air xelor I feel your build is a little underwhelming. I've SEEN what your guild can do so don't fault me for saying "meh" to that build.
(I AM taking into account that you're not in the correct nation and have stat accordingly for gear...even that weird mp)

However, to be fair, mecha and zwombbit sets kinda underwhelm me. I mean, I can just wear white crow and then replace with sage pieces or a sylargh bp and that'd be that. I even compared my current set, majority being lvl 105 gear, to your gear and I lost out to about 100hp and 30 earth res, although I wonder if you runed for extra earth resistance. My xelor is also lvl 133 so I can compare pretty closely.

All in all, I'd say that build is generic and self sustaining for a dps character. I guess with 60+ wisdom you can't complain seeing as climbing the levels is kinda a drag and farming a relic after 100+ dungeon runs will prob get you to cap in no time. Still i'll probably wait for you to get to wa wabbit before I start "Oooh"ing and "Ahh"ing... unless I get it before you! >:3 (too bad I'm a Noxian or i'd pvp you haha)

posté November 18, 2013, 22:58:42 | #72

Quote (MrAsura @ 18 November 2013 12:23) *
btw why did u get 20 lvl temporal waves? is it just to change turn order including ub?

i thought u had water fire xelor XD why did u change back to air fire again?

I didn't realize until after I got it how much of a mistake it was. If I had the chance to respec, I would have level 9 Mummification and would invest the rest into Master of Time for additional initiative.

I switched back to air/fire for two reasons. One, fire/water is a support build predominantly and in the high level dungeons there's not much room for support if it's not tanking or healing. Two, the build that supports water/fire generally has low initiative while air/fire has noticeably higher if you try for it. Having high initiative is important for both PvP and PvM.

Quote (BlackMagus @ 18 November 2013 19:29) *
Maybe I'm getting a bit jaded,but as a fellow hybrid fire/air xelor I feel your build is a little underwhelming. I've SEEN what your guild can do so don't fault me for saying "meh" to that build.
(I AM taking into account that you're not in the correct nation and have stat accordingly for gear...even that weird mp)

However, to be fair, mecha and zwombbit sets kinda underwhelm me. I mean, I can just wear white crow and then replace with sage pieces or a sylargh bp and that'd be that. I even compared my current set, majority being lvl 105 gear, to your gear and I lost out to about 100hp and 30 earth res, although I wonder if you runed for extra earth resistance. My xelor is also lvl 133 so I can compare pretty closely.

All in all, I'd say that build is generic and self sustaining for a dps character. I guess with 60+ wisdom you can't complain seeing as climbing the levels is kinda a drag and farming a relic after 100+ dungeon runs will prob get you to cap in no time. Still i'll probably wait for you to get to wa wabbit before I start "Oooh"ing and "Ahh"ing... unless I get it before you! >:3 (too bad I'm a Noxian or i'd pvp you haha)

I advocate posting your stats then. There are pros and cons with White Crow set. The pros are that the damage is up to par with endgame equipment, if not a little less. For those four pieces you're getting 112% dual damage and no resistances at all. In contrast, with the four in my equipment slots I'm getting 120% dual damage and 35% all resist (among other improved stats). You also cannot break your set without losing the AP bonus, whereas I can retroactively refit my gear as I need while maintaining the AP and MP that I require. 6 MP is important for team play. It lets you use Devotion four times, move to attack, and move back.

My equipment isn't runed at all. I recently switched to Brakmar, so I'm 516% air and 527% fire pre-combat now. Sage set all-in-all is pretty much an endgame set in itself. If you wear full Sage you'd have comparable stats too, though slightly less optimized. Sylargh BP is kind of garbage compared to Zwombbit Torso for air/fire.

Edit: Seeing as you have the Meridia Insignia shouldn't you be able to bypass my stats?

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - November 18, 2013, 23:08:39.
posté November 18, 2013, 23:19:19 | #73
uh.... i think maybe your confusing me with that other person.... im still digesting the information and thinking on how id want to change things or gear options.... however why hushed scepter over twin pwonged cawwot? oh nvm your mixed build i forgot...

however i will post my gear idk im still a work in progress but i do ok.

This post has been edited by Nox16 - November 18, 2013, 23:29:35.
Reason for edit : photos for everyone
posté November 18, 2013, 23:41:40 | #74

Quote (Nox16 @ 18 November 2013 23:19) *
uh.... i think maybe your confusing me with that other person.... im still digesting the information and thinking on how id want to change things or gear options.... however why hushed scepter over twin pwonged cawwot? oh nvm your mixed build i forgot...

however i will post my gear idk im still a work in progress but i do ok.

I wasn't. I think Soseki has the Meridia Insignia too but I'm not sure? I could be mistaking you two.

The reason for Hushed Scepter over Twin-Pwonged Cawwot is two-fold. One, TPC is a level 150 item therefore requires kit skill even at level cap. Two, Hushed Scepter has only one less damage but HP to boot. That being said, if you're willing to forego that and wear an Amuleto at level cap TPC is still nice, especially as a very powerful weapon. It's essentially a more restrictive version of Line of Fire.

You have a whole lot of initiative by the way. That's pretty insane. Here's a re-modified version of the 140 set-up I think you should aim for (now that I see you also have the Meridia Insignia). As you have the insignia already, that probably already takes care of the toughest part of this. Once again this is 600% damage pre-combat, over 100% all res, 10/6, high HP, and respectable CH rate.

• Mango

posté November 19, 2013, 00:14:25 | #75
yeah well i put value in going first in a fight. honestly i use to have alot more but shaved off like 70 to put it in kit so i can wear my cloak. I could discuss how initiative is important to a xelor but i wont get into that i think i talked about it in one xelor thread when i told someone about xelors. I see you have magmog on your set... i dont like magmog much I just dont find that set very good or its items that good. I do want a lenald wok but those are hard to come by so im just kinda chilling on initiate cause i dont really like sage that much. Belt wise i do think im going to make a sage one though...

I can see how hush is better in ways idk depends on how things go either way need to farm a dungeon to either drop it or get the mats to make tpc. On the emiw stuff... idk im still out on weather i want to wear something that gives earth damage. I will look into getting a zwombbit torso because i need the mp over the control... ill miss some of the initiative i get from mecha though. Idk i just posted my set to show my stuff some of it still needs to be upgraded like my belt but just takes time.

Oh also yes soseki does have one.

posté November 19, 2013, 01:15:03 | #76

Quote (Nox16 @ 19 November 2013 00:14) *
yeah well i put value in going first in a fight. honestly i use to have alot more but shaved off like 70 to put it in kit so i can wear my cloak. I could discuss how initiative is important to a xelor but i wont get into that i think i talked about it in one xelor thread when i told someone about xelors. I see you have magmog on your set... i dont like magmog much I just dont find that set very good or its items that good. I do want a lenald wok but those are hard to come by so im just kinda chilling on initiate cause i dont really like sage that much. Belt wise i do think im going to make a sage one though...

I can see how hush is better in ways idk depends on how things go either way need to farm a dungeon to either drop it or get the mats to make tpc. On the emiw stuff... idk im still out on weather i want to wear something that gives earth damage. I will look into getting a zwombbit torso because i need the mp over the control... ill miss some of the initiative i get from mecha though. Idk i just posted my set to show my stuff some of it still needs to be upgraded like my belt but just takes time.

Oh also yes soseki does have one.

Sure, certainly. Initiative is more important nowadays than ever for any class.

Regardless of whether or not you like Magmog or Emiw gear there's little to argue when it's a definitive improvement over what you have now in terms of damage, resists, and HP. It shouldn't make a difference if it has earth damage on it as long as its best-in-slot (excluding Wa Wabbit equipment).

But in any case, that's just how I would build for pure fire in your shoes. Whatever your preference may be, I was merely offering a suggestion on how I thought you could improve.

If you keep Well-Guawded Cape and aim for TPC (which, mind you requires you to farm GM Wabbit rather than Shhhudoku), you'll be forced to stat or wear kit skill.

That being said, if you're 100% adamant against Magmog equipment, here are some healthy alternatives that are fairly easy to get. Still well over 600% damage with similar stats as before. Only noticeable difference really is less spell levels. Statting on that W-E build was accounted for assuming you have no extraneous kit skill yet.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - November 19, 2013, 01:15:36.
posté November 22, 2013, 11:34:51 | #77
Hey Mango,

Just skimmed your guide and noticed you haven't updated for some of the more recent Xelor changes like Aging buff.

Peace,
Madd

posté December 02, 2013, 21:54:13 | #78
Could you point out specifically to help me out?

Much obliged in advance!

• Mango

Edit:

I'm gonna start posting videos of high level PvP pick-up matches in Dathura.

Here are the first and second ones.

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - December 02, 2013, 22:23:02.
posté December 03, 2013, 22:41:41 | #79
can you post your abilitie points and where i should be allocating them as i level?

This post has been edited by Desanite - December 03, 2013, 22:41:57.
posté December 04, 2013, 00:43:04 | #80
Save points for your first 30 levels. Add an AP at level 31.
Save points for your next 20 levels. Add an MP at level 51.
Save points for your next 16 levels. Add a range at level 67.
From hence forth, evenly divide your points between intelligence and agility.

• Mango