Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

[Guide] Mango's Air/Fire Xelor Build (Must Be Updated), version 1.8
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2011-01-09
posté May 14, 2014, 00:38:48 | #121
Hi Mango, I started playing a xelor and enjoying a lot.

I'm currently following your guide, and im doing great. But i have some question for you.

First, how much range should I aim to achiev at later levels? I'm not used with range gameplay ate late-game, so i have no idea how much i should get.

And second, do you prefer to level Underhand instead of Temporal Distortion? I'm not sure about this one, because Temporal Distortion has way more damage per AP and range than Underhand, and from what i can say its pretty good.

Anyways, thanks for the good work, the guide is great.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté May 23, 2014, 14:26:01 | #122

Quote (Kuppy @ 14 May 2014 00:38) *

I'm currently following your guide, and im doing great. But i have some question for you.

First, how much range should I aim to achiev at later levels? I'm not used with range gameplay ate late-game, so i have no idea how much i should get.

And second, do you prefer to level Underhand instead of Temporal Distortion? I'm not sure about this one, because Temporal Distortion has way more damage per AP and range than Underhand, and from what i can say its pretty good.

Hey Kuppy, glad to see you're enjoying the class.

At endgame levels, +2 range from stat and gear is perfectly sufficient for a fairly high ranged character. +1 is okay in the earlier levels but as a Xelor you're a squishier class, and hence should be pretty long ranged from the action. Overall I found +2 to be the most comfortable, though obviously more does not hurt.

In the case the enemies do come close is a good reason to take Underhand. Underhand has a plethora of combos that make it tactical and powerful. It also does pretty good damage. In comparison to Temporal Distortion, it's also useful for hitting backstab, since unless you have teammates to draw aggro or turn the enemy, the likelihood is they will be facing you come your next turn, invalidating the 25% final damage boost with Temporal Distortion stacks. Underhand's damage is immediate.

That being said, Temporal Distortion is still perfectly viable. I just think Underhand allows for better combos in the late game with high AP play. It has its advantages too, such as nuke damage in a single proc as opposed to multiple smaller hits.

• Mango

posté May 23, 2014, 15:11:05 | #123
I am extremely happy with Underhand and will never go back to Temporal Distortion. Using Underhand in conjunction with Aging to push mobs into AoE range while causing good damage is very valuable to yourself and the team.

Until new content is released where i need more burst damage i have no use for TD.

posté May 23, 2014, 22:10:36 | #124
One note on TD: two xelors can stack distortion together, and if each of them uses TD in his turn, they can delay its release indefinetely. It is good for fights which require waiting at some point.

posté May 24, 2014, 04:20:48 | #125

Quote (semcorda @ 23 May 2014 22:10) *
One note on TD: two xelors can stack distortion together, and if each of them uses TD in his turn, they can delay its release indefinetely. It is good for fights which require waiting at some point.

Wow, Bugfu is powerful.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2014-01-30
posté May 24, 2014, 09:55:27 | #126

Too bad Aging on Tick turns doesn't stack for Xelors. Always a shame when it's Tick turn for both Xelors and the other one has to either attack another monster or desynchronize.

posté May 24, 2014, 12:12:50 | #127

Quote (Scrublife @ 24 May 2014 09:55) *

Too bad Aging on Tick turns doesn't stack for Xelors. Always a shame when it's Tick turn for both Xelors and the other one has to either attack another monster or desynchronize.
What do you mean? Second xelor can use his aging. Xel's aging is not interrupting with other xelors agings. Or is there some new bug/mechanic?

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-05-04
posté May 25, 2014, 18:02:11 | #128

Quote (semcorda @ 24 May 2014 12:12) *

What do you mean? Second xelor can use his aging. Xel's aging is not interrupting with other xelors agings. Or is there some new bug/mechanic?
I experienced that you cant cast your aging if its a lower level then the aging wich is already on the enemy

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2005-04-20
posté May 26, 2014, 16:55:14 | #129

Quote (Kokonaut @ 23 May 2014 14:26) *

Quote (Kuppy @ 14 May 2014 00:38) *

Hey Kuppy, glad to see you're enjoying the class.

At endgame levels, +2 range from stat and gear is perfectly sufficient for a fairly high ranged character. +1 is okay in the earlier levels but as a Xelor you're a squishier class, and hence should be pretty long ranged from the action. Overall I found +2 to be the most comfortable, though obviously more does not hurt.

In the case the enemies do come close is a good reason to take Underhand. Underhand has a plethora of combos that make it tactical and powerful. It also does pretty good damage. In comparison to Temporal Distortion, it's also useful for hitting backstab, since unless you have teammates to draw aggro or turn the enemy, the likelihood is they will be facing you come your next turn, invalidating the 25% final damage boost with Temporal Distortion stacks. Underhand's damage is immediate.

That being said, Temporal Distortion is still perfectly viable. I just think Underhand allows for better combos in the late game with high AP play. It has its advantages too, such as nuke damage in a single proc as opposed to multiple smaller hits.

• Mango
Thanks for the aswer Mango, I'll give Underhand a try when i get a new respec

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2014-01-30
posté May 27, 2014, 13:56:53 | #130

Quote (semcorda @ 24 May 2014 12:12) *

First Xelor casts normal combo for Tick turns (aging and any -ini fire spell). Second does the same thing but his aging will not apply to the same monster and neither will his -ini spells. So second Xelor will only be doing base damage of his fire spell if he attacks the same monster.

Pretty stupid, but what do you expect from Ankama right? ^^

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté June 03, 2014, 16:32:00 | #131
Hey guys, slight update on the build (specifically stating attribute and specialty points) anticipating this upcoming update with the gear changes.

Would you guys rather see strategy guide on how to play the class in the next update (PvP & PvM) or an equipment index for gearing your Xelor? As much as I would love to do both in one go, both of those sections are very, very time consuming.

• Mango

posté June 03, 2014, 20:54:01 | #132

Quote (Scrublife @ 27 May 2014 13:56) *
First Xelor casts normal combo for Tick turns (aging and any -ini fire spell). Second does the same thing but his aging will not apply to the same monster and neither will his -ini spells. So second Xelor will only be doing base damage of his fire spell if he attacks the same monster.

Strange, I often fight alongside other fire/air xelors, and I have never saw this. We are always able to use our agings properly, without such problems.
But even ankamas bugs are bugged, maybe it does not trigger everywhere.

@Brokonaut
I vote for tactic tips first. I know all I need about pve, but some pvp insight might be useful since I'm not duelling a lot. Newbie xels might have some use of advanced pve tactics.

edit:
I encountered aging problem too. Must be quite recent. Ankama did some stealth bug update because I haven't noticed it for a long time before.

This post has been edited by semcorda - June 09, 2014, 06:08:25.
Member * Member Since 2014-05-29
posté June 03, 2014, 22:19:47 | #133
Hi, i started playing recently and liked xelor pretty much. Im trying out ur build but i kinda dont know what sets i should buy, which one should i start and when to change to another, could you help me? Sorry if this is dumb, but im kinda very newbie

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté June 05, 2014, 05:51:36 | #134
If no one has any qualms against what section I do next then I'll write the PvM/PvP strategy section in the next guide update then.

@Irww: There's a ton of gear you can utilize as you're leveling up. Air/fire gear at low levels is kind of scarce, but you can always opt for general damage gear always. For example the Imperial Shin Larva set at level 40.

I'll write a comprehensive equipment index later on in a future update. You can always post your current set-up (gear, spells, stats, etc.) and I'll comment on it and tell you where you can improve.

• Mango

Member * Member Since 2014-05-29
posté June 05, 2014, 19:51:07 | #135
Hey, thanks.
At least i have a gear to take as example. Appreciate a lot.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-05-23
posté June 08, 2014, 18:17:24 | #136

Quote (Irww @ 05 June 2014 19:51) *
Hey, thanks.
At least i have a gear to take as example. Appreciate a lot.
Hi mango,
I will appreciate too
Thanks a lot

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-12-22
posté June 13, 2014, 19:25:36 | #137
Thank you for the nice guide!

I didn't find how should I use my characteristics points, what should I upgrade? Dodge? Agi? Intelligence?

I'm following the build on the thread  

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-02-15
posté July 22, 2014, 02:39:30 | #138

Quote (Brokonaut @ 03 June 2014 16:32) *
Hey guys, slight update on the build (specifically stating attribute and specialty points) anticipating this upcoming update with the gear changes.

Would you guys rather see strategy guide on how to play the class in the next update (PvP & PvM) or an equipment index for gearing your Xelor? As much as I would love to do both in one go, both of those sections are very, very time consuming.

• Mango

Strat guide on how to use the class!

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté July 22, 2014, 05:18:13 | #139

Quote (semcorda @ 03 June 2014 20:54) *

Quote (Scrublife @ 27 May 2014 13:56) *

Strange, I often fight alongside other fire/air xelors, and I have never saw this. We are always able to use our agings properly, without such problems.
But even ankamas bugs are bugged, maybe it does not trigger everywhere.
it applies only if the second xelor has aging of higher level
[breakingnews.jpg]

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2014-02-15
posté July 25, 2014, 13:44:45 | #140
Hi Mango,

First of all, thanks for this guide, I think it made some really good Xelors, but some of us are already reaching end-game and now it's the time to talk about end-game gear, to be more specific, epics and relics!!

You posted a end-game build here one time:
Old Perfect Equips
But I don't think it's the perfect gear. There are better relics then P.D. Belt for example.

I don't know if you made some calculations to decide which relic use, to see if a Nettlez will give more damage/turn in a 10 AP build, or PDBelt in a 12 AP build.

Some fast calculations in a Tock turn, spells lvl 150 (sorry if I made some mistakes, no time to check it).

12 AP Build + 3 Timekeeper + 3 Rollback + 2 Devotion = 20 AP turn
2 Punishment (2*117 base dmg) + 2 Hand (2*102 base dmg) = 438 base damage

10 AP build + 3 Timekeeper + 3 Rollback + 2 Devotion = 18 AP turn
2 Punishment (2*117 base damage) + 2 LoF (2*76 base damage) = 386 base damage

The difference is 52 base damage, which is 13,5% of a 20AP turn.
Let's assume a 700% elemental damage in a 12 AP build and a boss with 400% resist.

12 AP damage = 438*(1+(700%-400%)) = 1752

A 10 AP build with 754% will cause same damage:

10 AP damage = 386*(1+(754%-400%)) = 1752

So if a Nettlez build gives 54% more elemental damage than a 12 AP build, both build would cause same damage in a 400% resist monster. For higher resists than 400%, a 10 AP build (754% elemental dmg) will be better, and for lower resists, a 12 AP build will be better.

We can put the turning point (in this case, 400% monster resist) at other point, and calculate for a 11 AP build too, and use real elemental damages with the right equips.

A Tick Turn with 20 AP seems waaaay better (2 Aging, 2 Hand, 2 LoF) than a 18 AP turn, and that's probably the best setup.

But what would be the best items to achieve it? Thanks =)

This post has been edited by IceeeDz - July 25, 2014, 14:35:41.
Reason for edit : Considerations about 20 AP turn on a Tick Turn.