Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

[Guide] Mango's Air/Fire Xelor Build (Must Be Updated), version 1.8
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-04-18
posté June 30, 2013, 06:18:52 | #21

Quote (Brokonaut @ 29 June 2013 15:25) *

Quote (nLicH @ 29 June 2013 11:57) *
No early levels sets? ;.;

I may change this in the future. I never truly played around with the build at early levels, only at late game. I'd have to look over builds in Elements to see how viable that actually is given how specialty and gear intensive the build is.

• Mango

And a leveling-guide?

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2009-03-21
posté July 01, 2013, 15:52:06 | #22

Quote (nLicH @ 30 June 2013 06:18) *
And a leveling-guide?
There's not really such a thing as a levelling guide. Just get some friends and kill shit that's around your level. If you're an air or fire or air/fire xelor, finding a party shouldn't be hard because of your high DPT.

-Lozenge

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-03-25
posté July 02, 2013, 07:15:19 | #23

Quote (nLicH @ 30 June 2013 06:18) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 29 June 2013 15:25) *

Quote (nLicH @ 29 June 2013 11:57) *
No early levels sets? ;.;

I may change this in the future. I never truly played around with the build at early levels, only at late game. I'd have to look over builds in Elements to see how viable that actually is given how specialty and gear intensive the build is.

• Mango

And a leveling-guide?
Quick way to solo levels:

Go to maps based on your level first. E.g. maps for lvs 10-20, go if you are 10. Maps for 40-50, go if you are lv 40. On these maps there are challenges, keep doing them to level. If there are hordes go to another nation map that suits your level. Doing this is a bit slow until lv 30-40+ then it becomes much quicker and easier.

When you are lv 40 you can do the maps on the lv 30 map and 40, for even quicker xp while you wait for the challenges.

Downside is you don't get so much spell xp. Good side is you can get back all that unlved spell xp with a reset.

This post has been edited by BbeforeA - July 02, 2013, 07:16:22.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-02-13
posté July 06, 2013, 13:37:49 | #24
Errr... I may sound a bit dumb, but what's "Temporal Crystallization" and "Desynchronization"? I can't find such specialities.

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-16
posté July 06, 2013, 20:38:39 | #25

Quote (Doppelori @ 06 July 2013 13:37) *
Errr... I may sound a bit dumb, but what's "Temporal Crystallization" and "Desynchronization"? I can't find such specialities.

Those are two new specialties that are going to be implemented in the Xelor revamp. This build caters to class information that isn't set in stone yet, so is more or less tentative on a lot details.

A lot of it still holds true, but otherwise this is not a build for a current Air/Fire Xelor. I have not written a guide for that on the basis that it'd have to be scrapped once the revamp comes.

• Mango

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 07, 2013, 03:51:11 | #26

Quote (Brokonaut @ 06 July 2013 20:38) *

Those are two new specialties that are going to be implemented in the Xelor revamp. This build caters to class information that isn't set in stone yet, so is more or less tentative on a lot details.

A lot of it still holds true, but otherwise this is not a build for a current Air/Fire Xelor. I have not written a guide for that on the basis that it'd have to be scrapped once the revamp comes.

• Mango

It's a shame really, Mango. Your original guide was very thorough and helpful. I believe this current guide should only be released once those proposed changes are implemented. It's nice to see your build idea for that eventuality but it's confusing for others.

posté July 08, 2013, 00:25:32 | #27

Quote (Gynrei @ 07 July 2013 03:51) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 06 July 2013 20:38) *

• Mango

It's a shame really, Mango. Your original guide was very thorough and helpful. I believe this current guide should only be released once those proposed changes are implemented. It's nice to see your build idea for that eventuality but it's confusing for others.

Unfortunately I never released a build on my current in-game build, so I'm not 100% entirely sure how it was more helpful before. I thought about making one for my current build but realized how brief it would last pending the Xelor revamp coming soon (at the time I thought it was coming with the Dragon Pig launch or Haven World launch - both times I was wrong).

This guide serves as a reference point for me to collect ideas as well as ultimately theorycraft with others and share my final build once applicable. Most of it's tentative data, but it'll be helpful one day I'm sure.

• Mango

posté July 08, 2013, 01:31:24 | #28
I must have been mistaken, I could have sworn it had the old passives etc listed at one time lol. Too many threads and too many discussions. Maybe I was recalling your build from another thread.

posté July 14, 2013, 02:17:17 | #29
Minor update for confirmed upcoming changes.

This is a disclaimer that after this revamp, a good Xelor will be a difficult class to play. If you're looking for a build that will require a good deal of foresight and on-the-spot intuition, there is none other than a Pandawa or Feca that can out-do this.

On the flip side of the coin, the upcoming changes to Xelor will make the air/fire hybrid the absolute strongest class in the game for raw damage output. If you play your cards right, you should never be defeated except by sheer luck on their part, or sheer unluck on your own.

It'll also solidify a Xelor's role in PvM, and make them absolutely viable in almost all cases thanks Temporal Crystallization allowing us to reach mono-elemental characters' mastery, being able to recover the Dial if you get knocked off of it, the reduced cost of Dial, the non-WP cost of Devotion, and the ability to add charges to the Dial.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - July 14, 2013, 02:19:28.
Reason for edit : Added note.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté July 26, 2013, 12:55:42 | #30
Updated again for finalized Xelor changes. Once again, this guide acts as a reference point for myself to jot down ideas. This build is by no means finalized.

• Mango

posté July 27, 2013, 17:32:26 | #31
Hey everyone. Bumping this so that it re-appears in the thread list.

I'd like to know everyone's opinions on Temporal Burn, Temporal Dust, and Line of Fire. All three spells are candidates to be maxed, since a max level player after the update will have enough spell XP to max out two fire and two air spells.

All three spells are situational in their own accord and interact well with Aging. If you're curious on my thoughts of these spells they're in the guide notes on each spell. I'll personally be leveling Line of Fire.

• Mango

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-05
posté July 27, 2013, 19:48:18 | #32
Mango what do you think of int and agility for xelor after the update, it takes 8 points for 1% air and fire dmg instead of 12?

you can almost get 2% dmg for every 1 crit, thus getting 40% extra dmg in both air and fire if you use those points spend in crit.

posté July 27, 2013, 20:00:31 | #33

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 27 July 2013 19:48) *
Mango what do you think of int and agility for xelor after the update, it takes 8 points for 1% air and fire dmg instead of 12?

you can almost get 2% dmg for every 1 crit, thus getting 40% extra dmg in both air and fire if you use those points spend in crit.

It depends on how the spells scale really. An A/F Xelor that cannot crit is not going to shine. A tremendous amount of the damage comes from being able to crit. Look at the spell Aging for example. When you crit Aging, the base damage of every 10 initiative reduces is noticeably increased. Critical hits on Hand are imperative for reducing more initiative and making the air component of the build hit hard.

In my opinion reaching a high threshold for critical hits is fairly important. I like 50, but 33 works and could probably be done pretty easy with the right gear. You could then invest some of those points in other places, for example a MP or damage as you suggested.

• Mango

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-05-23
posté July 30, 2013, 00:22:05 | #34
Hi Mango.
I just wanna tell you, this is topic is great and really interesting!

Also, i have two questions :
- Firstly, what will be your DPT cycle? in each phases?

- Secondly, its not possible to reach a 12 pa? i mean, in the DPT phase, you will be able to do Aging+Hand+XelP+XelP ?

Thanks a lot

posté July 30, 2013, 03:19:50 | #35

Quote (Kynue76 @ 30 July 2013 00:22) *
Hi Mango.
I just wanna tell you, this is topic is great and really interesting!

Also, i have two questions :
- Firstly, what will be your DPT cycle? in each phases?

- Secondly, its not possible to reach a 12 pa? i mean, in the DPT phase, you will be able to do Aging+Hand+XelP+XelP ?

Thanks a lot

Hi there. Thanks for the feedback.

Aging + Hand + Xelor's Punishment + Xelor's Punishment = 17 AP. Possible to do if you can reach 12 AP base, and then if and only if you yield 3 AP from Rollback (not pending Timekeeper).

Turn one my damage cycle is:
Xelor's Dial (2 AP) + Devotion (1 MP) + Devotion (1 MP) + Aging (2 AP) + Line of Fire (4 AP) + Line of Fire (4 AP) = 12 AP & 2 MP

Turn two my damage cycle is (when the target is far):
Desynchronization (1 WP) + Devotion (1 MP) + Devotion (1 MP) + Aging (2 AP) + Hand (5 AP) + Hand (5 AP) + Timekeeper (all remaining AP)

Turn two my damage cycle is (when the target is close):
Desynchronization (1 WP) + Devotion (1 MP) + Devotion (1 MP) + Aging (2 AP) + Line of Fire (4 AP) + Line of Fire (4 AP) + Line of Fire (4 AP) + Timekeeper (all remaining AP)

Turn three my damage cycle is:
Devotion (1 MP) + Devotion (1 MP) + Underhand (3 AP) + Temporal Distortion (2 AP) + Xelor's Punishment (5 AP) + Xelor's Punishment (5 AP) = 15 AP & 2 MP

Then repeat damage cycle two, twice, and damage cycle three. This is for a single target against an enemy with mediocre resistances towards both air and fire. There are a lot of situations in which something else might be more ideal. For example if something is blocking my line of sight and I need line of fire to deal damage. Or if there are a lot of enemies weak to fire in an interesting set-up, in which Hand rebound on Tock may be more ideal.

If you're more for PvM, I suggest Temporal Dust over Line of Fire. I'm still not entirely sure if my decision for LoF is final (though I think it will be).

• Mango

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-05-23
posté July 30, 2013, 03:51:12 | #36
But in a way to maximise damages, it 'is not possible to include water spells in step one and two?
Also, you can reach 17 pa by using timekeeper and devotion no?

I mean that will increase xelor's damages by 30% to 45% when we will use Xelor's punishment.
Anyway, thank you again, my french community can't stop whinning against that revamp... so lame.

This post has been edited by Kynue76 - July 30, 2013, 03:52:43.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté July 30, 2013, 16:19:29 | #37
So, Ecyclopedia says Devotion takes 2 MP now at max level. How is this going to influence your choices?

posté July 30, 2013, 16:42:36 | #38

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 30 July 2013 16:19) *
So, Ecyclopedia says Devotion takes 2 MP now at max level. How is this going to influence your choices?

All active abilities are screwed up on the Encyclopedia. I'm sure it's miistake.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté July 30, 2013, 17:09:02 | #39
I sure hope so :/

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté July 30, 2013, 17:18:55 | #40

Quote (BbeforeA @ 21 May 2013 02:59) *
Would love if someone could make a guide on how to find good groups to get those items in the first place.
just wear kraken + grou or zeorus' / ketcha + Klime or Illuminator boots + whispery ring + herr peeces + assassin cape and mayor cantile necklace or gobbsage