Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

[Guide] Mango's Air/Fire Xelor Build, version 1.8
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-12-14
posté December 21, 2013, 15:14:44 | #81
Hello,

Kinda new to the Xelor.

How do I use the spells? (Not as in click them...) Like I don't quite understand how they work but I've followed your layout of:

Hand

Temporal Dust

Aging

Temporal Distortion

Xelor Punishment

(I'll be mainly using these as I'm lvl 30 odd.)

I'm also new to the whole Wakfu scene.

Any help is welcomed and grateful.

Thanks, Zombrex.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-01-09
posté January 12, 2014, 02:27:39 | #82
Hi! Mango! Happy new year! just got my Xelor to 100. can you give me an advice what good equips will be good for me at level 100? Thanks! also where should i put my specialty points? should I put on Mummification, Desynchro, Time Theft, Temporal Waves or Master of Time? Thanks!

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté January 16, 2014, 00:20:38 | #83

Quote (Zombrex @ 21 December 2013 15:14) *
Hello,

Kinda new to the Xelor.

How do I use the spells? (Not as in click them...) Like I don't quite understand how they work but I've followed your layout of:

Hand

Temporal Dust

Aging

Temporal Distortion

Xelor Punishment

(I'll be mainly using these as I'm lvl 30 odd.)

I'm also new to the whole Wakfu scene.

Any help is welcomed and grateful.

Thanks, Zombrex.

Hand is a high damage, single target spell. Using it after Aging on a Tick turn (red icon) deals additional air damage per 10 initiative removed.

Temporal Dust is your big AoE spell. You can, like Hand, also use it after Aging on a Tick turn to deal additional air damage to multiple enemies simultaneously.

Temporal Distortion you can cast on enemies, and on your next turn they will take air damage. Depending on what direction the enemy is facing at the start of your next turn, this spell can also take advantage of back and side damage bonuses.

Xelor's Punishment is to be used on dial cells to inflict high AoE damage without requiring line of sight. It can be used off the dial in extreme cases, but doing so will break the dial cell underneath your feet, forcing you to move back onto the dial in order to not lose it.

Quote (revsky69 @ 12 January 2014 02:27) *
Hi! Mango! Happy new year! just got my Xelor to 100. can you give me an advice what good equips will be good for me at level 100? Thanks! also where should i put my specialty points? should I put on Mummification, Desynchro, Time Theft, Temporal Waves or Master of Time? Thanks!

White Crow set is at level 105 and is reasonably good, though it doesn't have much resists to it at all. At the very least the breastplate is important since Meka set down the line does not have an MP breastplate. Otherwise a general damage set like Vampyro is good for the time being.

I'd say grab Desynchronization followed by Mummification. Temporal Waves is only good in the most ideal conditions where you can score multiple critical hits.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - January 31, 2014, 17:16:03.
Reason for edit : Whoops.
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-01-09
posté January 21, 2014, 15:49:07 | #84
thank you for your reply... btw you have any suggestion where to level from 110-140? using air/fire xelor, water masq, earth/fire rogue

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2014-01-30
posté January 30, 2014, 20:16:12 | #85
Hello, I'm a newbie at the game and I chose Xelor as my character. This guide has been very helpful for my stat & ability distribution. However I am currently Lv.35 and I have no idea where to level or which items to get.

So far I'm using Gobball set and trying to grind monsters Lv.30-40.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté January 30, 2014, 22:39:47 | #86

Quote (Brokonaut @ 16 January 2014 00:20) *

Hello,

Kinda new to the Xelor.
(...)
Thanks, Zombrex.

Hand is a high damage, single target spell. Using it before Aging on a Tick turn (red icon) deals additional air damage per 10 initiative removed.

Temporal Dust is your big AoE spell. You can, like Hand, also use it before Aging to deal additional air damage to multiple enemies simultaneously.

• Mango
Uhmm, before?
I guess it is just simple mistake you have made. Better correct it it or you willl get flooded by confused xel newbies  

posté January 31, 2014, 17:18:09 | #87

Quote (Scrublife @ 30 January 2014 20:16) *
Hello, I'm a newbie at the game and I chose Xelor as my character. This guide has been very helpful for my stat & ability distribution. However I am currently Lv.35 and I have no idea where to level or which items to get.

So far I'm using Gobball set and trying to grind monsters Lv.30-40.

In the early game I suggest sticking to one element since multi-element gear is extremely scarce, at least until level 40. If you have the Gobball set, stick to Hand and a low cost spell like Temporal Burn and work on getting Timekeeper maxed early so 10 AP turns become a possibility thanks to Gobball set's AP bonus.

Alternatively you can try to hunt for Imperial Shin Larva gear, which is an excellent early game general damage set and probably would let you get away with going hybrid as early as level 40.

Quote (semcorda @ 30 January 2014 22:39) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 16 January 2014 00:20) *

Hello,

Kinda new to the Xelor.
(...)
Thanks, Zombrex.

Hand is a high damage, single target spell. Using it before Aging on a Tick turn (red icon) deals additional air damage per 10 initiative removed.

Temporal Dust is your big AoE spell. You can, like Hand, also use it before Aging to deal additional air damage to multiple enemies simultaneously.

• Mango
Uhmm, before?
I guess it is just simple mistake you have made. Better correct it it or you willl get flooded by confused xel newbies

Good catch. Minor typo, but major mistake.

• Mango

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2014-01-17
posté February 01, 2014, 13:45:21 | #88
Broke, what server are you on? I have some build questions and the like I want to bounce off you and such.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté February 02, 2014, 04:27:24 | #89

Quote (Pistrik @ 01 February 2014 13:45) *
Broke, what server are you on? I have some build questions and the like I want to bounce off you and such.
Dathura.

posté February 02, 2014, 05:25:54 | #90
Bah, why can't you people play on Nox.

Anyway, I was currently trying to build a init/crit build on my Fire/Air until I browsed into your thread and saw the numbers and such you had posted. Question though, as I saw you updated the first post. Do the pictures (I.e 700% air and fire) and current math on the first post reflect since the revamp? Or did you change only some things?

I ask this because it still looks like it did before the revamp (Temporal Prism is the ability name, not temporal crystallization etc). If not, could you post a new build starting after the revamp in your old style? Or is the old build no longer viable?

posté February 02, 2014, 17:45:01 | #91

Quote (Pistrik @ 01 February 2014 13:45) *

No reason you can't just because we're on different servers.

Quote (Pistrik @ 02 February 2014 05:25) *
Bah, why can't you people play on Nox.

Anyway, I was currently trying to build a init/crit build on my Fire/Air until I browsed into your thread and saw the numbers and such you had posted. Question though, as I saw you updated the first post. Do the pictures (I.e 700% air and fire) and current math on the first post reflect since the revamp? Or did you change only some things?

I ask this because it still looks like it did before the revamp (Temporal Prism is the ability name, not temporal crystallization etc). If not, could you post a new build starting after the revamp in your old style? Or is the old build no longer viable?

The build is even more viable now. Especially after runeing which heavily augments offensive further as well as covers the Xelor's usual weakness, resistances. This comes from my stream on the beta server a few days ago and the beginning is more or less just fighting against people as a min/max Xelor build on a tight corridor map.

It's a poor representation, but for any cause's sake the damage you see there is what can be expected from a runed endgame air/fire Xelor. At that point there's no difference in the power between 12 AP and 10 AP builds since the loss of damage on exotic AP items is more or less negligible. However obtaining those kinds of items is extremely difficult, and so most will opt for a 10 AP build, which can still easily break the 700% barrier on the dial even when un-runed and off-peak.

I'll update my guide some time this week when I find the spare time.

• Mango

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté February 06, 2014, 17:39:56 | #92
Updated to reflect new thoughts on certain spells and passives, as well as outlining separate statting guides for 10 AP builds and min/max 12 AP builds.

Equipment index, combos, and tips & tricks will be included in the next update.

• Mango

posté February 07, 2014, 08:13:37 | #93
Woooo update!

Kk, now that I looked at it I'm a bit confused. You changed quite a bit, but it's two main spells that you added and one you removed that has me baffled.

Underhand - What made you want to max level this? The range on it is absolute garbage as it is dependant on the hour you are currently on, and it's damage is pretty laughable from what I've seen so far. It's only use I've seen is to move enemies, and even then they have to be within a straight line of an hour which is never guaranteed (especially if you have to fugit from being surrounded).

Line of Fire - This is pretty much the same thing, though not needing LoS makes it far better. I'm curious as to why you leveled this to max and replaced Temporal Burn with it. Yes it does more damage (at 145 LoF does 73 while TB does 54). However TB has a better range and is not limited to a straight line. I suppose the fact that you can use the spell right next to you is a bonus, but unsure if the tradeoff is worth it.

Temporal Dust - You completely removed any points in this to any decent level. I know you had it previously listed as mainly a farming tool, but tock turns it was a large help on small packs in fights/bosses. Damage isn't bad either.

Other than that everything seems about the same, with the new points from the five levels being put into kit skill.

This post has been edited by Pistrik - February 07, 2014, 08:39:28.
posté February 07, 2014, 18:11:50 | #94

Quote (Pistrik @ 07 February 2014 08:13) *
Woooo update!

Kk, now that I looked at it I'm a bit confused. You changed quite a bit, but it's two main spells that you added and one you removed that has me baffled.

Underhand - What made you want to max level this? The range on it is absolute garbage as it is dependant on the hour you are currently on, and it's damage is pretty laughable from what I've seen so far. It's only use I've seen is to move enemies, and even then they have to be within a straight line of an hour which is never guaranteed (especially if you have to fugit from being surrounded).

Line of Fire - This is pretty much the same thing, though not needing LoS makes it far better. I'm curious as to why you leveled this to max and replaced Temporal Burn with it. Yes it does more damage (at 145 LoF does 73 while TB does 54). However TB has a better range and is not limited to a straight line. I suppose the fact that you can use the spell right next to you is a bonus, but unsure if the tradeoff is worth it.

Temporal Dust - You completely removed any points in this to any decent level. I know you had it previously listed as mainly a farming tool, but tock turns it was a large help on small packs in fights/bosses. Damage isn't bad either.

Other than that everything seems about the same, with the new points from the five levels being put into kit skill.

Ah, certainly!

The truth is, Line of Fire, Temporal Burn, and Temporal Dust are all on the same planar. They are equally good depending on the situation. Temporal Burn excels at AP management against enemies, Line of Fire is the most versatile for close-ranged combat and no-LoS needed, and Temporal Dust is one of the best farming tools in the game and interacts with Aging the best. It really comes down to preference, and I decided LoF was my preference on the matter.

Why did I take Line of Fire?

Two reasons. First and foremost, with a 10 AP set-up you can place your dial, Aging, and double Line of Fire all on the first turn. This cannot be accomplished with Hand in your standard 10 AP set-up. Moving up, however, Line of Fire offers versatility off the dial for hitting enemies Hand cannot due to LoS problems, and offers a friendlier AoE than Hand's bounce.

Why didn't I take Temporal Burn?

No reason in particular to be honest! I could have just as easily taken this, but it didn't offer anything over Line of Fire except for better AP management and a more versatile AoE on Tock. I preferred the one minimum range and the no-LoS factor. It also does not trigger Rollback at all (a bug that's been around for a long time).

Why didn't I take Temporal Dust?

It's the weakest fire spell in the branch minus Hydrand. While it's the only spell that can inflict AoE initiative burning damage, often times than not in PvM at least one enemy you target in a group will be either resistant to fire or air, making one of the damage proc not very efficient. In group PvP, I can see this being arguably the best of the three, but that seldom happens as of this time.

Why did I take Underhand?

It is a key spell for kiting tactics. The damage is actually not as bad as one would imagine (55 non-crit for 3 AP at 145, 18.3/AP avg.) but the value comes in the effects. The most prominent combo being in 20 AP to triple Underhand, Aging, and triple Underhand again. This pushes the enemy off of you and guarantees on the next turn, they'll be off your back a second turn. All the while dealing a little over 340 base damage non-crit. Even when you don't have endgame AP, it will still allow you to deal okay damage while guaranteeing that on the next turn, you have breathing room. That is invaluable for the bigger combos whereas you would have to waste 3 AP 1 MP on Tempus Fugit. Pushing enemies is also the only option if you yourself are stabilized (e.g. hit by a Wobot Javelin, Iop-Bound, etcetera).

What I'm trying to get out of all of this is that there are very few "bad" spells to level in the Xelor elemental branches. All of the fire ones are good with the exception of Hydrand. All of the air ones are solid to level with the exception of Tempus Fugit (never level utility skills or else you can end up harming allies in a pinch).

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - February 07, 2014, 18:49:13.
Reason for edit : Extra notes on Temporal Burn (thanks to Nox16 for pointing it out) and Underhand.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté February 07, 2014, 18:31:45 | #95
I dont think mangos new list is apparently wrong in any way he is just showing more preference towards some skills now than he did before.. which isnt a bad thing cause like he said most xelor skills are really good.

Now i dont have lof leveled up very much... its lv 70 i think? but i do get where people are coming from with it and it is nice in its own right but i personally prefer burn. Honestly his spell level distribution is not how i have it but we both have very different play styles and he is air/fire while i am not however he does make good points. Really what spells you get is kinda determined by what play style you want so dont just blindly copy a person cause they are doing it burn and dust are still great he even said so he just isnt in favor of them atm.

On the underhand thing he makes a good point about leveling it up and i recently started to really like this spell myself. Well i actually figured out it would solve the issue i have fighting iops cause like he said that fugit really hurts us and really cc is the weakness of a xelor imo.

Besides that you should say on your build that temp burn doesnt trigger rollback or the guide at least cause most people dont realize this.

posté February 07, 2014, 18:47:14 | #96
That's a really good point. Both Temporal Burn and utilization of weapons as attacks don't trigger Rollback proc, which can be pretty detrimental when looking at combos 15 AP and up. Mostly certain this is a bug in both cases, but no idea how long it can take to fix given how long it's been an issue.

• Mango

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté February 07, 2014, 20:52:47 | #97
well i kinda understand why its an issue. The cost is 0 or it has no real cost so the mechanics of rollback doesnt register how much ap you use cause it always counts it as using 0... they should fix this imo but im not sure how. also they need to fix burn on polars or burn in general cause when you need to use a specific amount of ap on a target like bibliboys it doesnt remove it... however now that i think about it i wonder if you use it after you got your levels to 1 would it lower ir more... if not then i no longer have to use my weapon with all that extra ap i have.

posté February 08, 2014, 05:45:10 | #98
Hmmmm, I see. I suppose I can see the reasoning behind now, especially since I didn't know TB did not proc rollback. Granted I don't have anywhere near a full AP build as I'm only lvl 76.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-01-07
posté February 11, 2014, 12:10:51 | #99
I'm studying the possibility to create a Xelor because I like damage and utility in one char and this guide will be very helpful. Btw, is there another char that has both dmg and utility like Xelor?

And, I don't understand the 12 AP (min/max) build. You don't even stat 1 AP and get 2 more then the 10 AP build. Could you please detail this (min/max) a little bit?

Thanks.

posté February 12, 2014, 17:01:02 | #100
I'm assuming the rest of the AP is either made up by gear or by constant use of timekeeper. Otherwise, I'm not sure myself.