Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 18 Descendre
Play Day
Play Day commemorates the day when Ecaflip realised that his cards could provide him with another ...

No flash

[Guide] How to Fire Panda
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-01-26
posté June 28, 2013, 17:54:02 | #21
Hey again!
Both sets are pretty good, when you look at raw damage and stats, vampyro is better than moowolf.

Vamp set -
+469 HP
+1 AP
+1 MP
+50% Resist. ( )
+12% Resist
+83% Damage ( )
+18% Critical Hit Damage
+9% Critical Hits
+25 Prospecting
+59 Initiative
+75 Dodge

VS

Moo set -
+247 HP
+2 AP
+22% Resist. ( )
+67% Damage
+67% Damage
+14% Critical Hits
+71 Initiative
+65 Lock
+1 Block

Big difference between these sets are that vampyro set uses 5 items while moowolf uses 4. Also it comes into count which equipment items both set use and what is easier to combo with other items. Also moo has one very strong point and that is +2ap instead of +1ap which is why it makes moowolf much better than vampyro.

- Stylia

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-10
posté June 29, 2013, 00:29:36 | #22
Hi there, Great Guide.

Im a level 60 Pandawa, can you tell me wich Specialities and Abilities to lvl up first ?

posté June 29, 2013, 00:54:54 | #23
Hey there! Thank you for the compliment

As for your level, you're only 20 levels away from seeing the panda potential!
I'd suggest you level up Karchamrak > Barrel Hop > Bamboozle (This is to 60) > Incadescent Milk > Barrel > Milky Instinct > Whatever you like (I went for Aggressive barrel)

And that should answer your question I believe Also the reason for Incadescent so late is because 20% final damage is not going to benefit you so much unless you have high element damage and bamboozle & barrel hop will allow you to get both damage, mobility and survivability.

Hope it helped!

- Stylia

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-10
posté June 29, 2013, 01:05:31 | #24
What a fast and amazing answer.

I testing the build at this moment on the reset room. Do you manage do keep Merry up all the time and dont get worn out ? Im guessing that maxing Karchamrak early Helps a lot speding only 2 APs to pick up and drop the barrel am I right ?

About the Abilities, at level 60 i can get 1 AP 1 MP and around 15 Int, does it sound good ? or leave the MP for later ?

Karchamrak > Barrel Hop > Bamboozle (This is to 60)

If i level Barrel Hop, you sure Baboozle is the next option ? both uses WP to keep me merry.

The idea is keep the enemies dizzy and myself merry the most you can right ?

This post has been edited by Ristty - June 29, 2013, 01:16:45.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2009-03-08
posté June 29, 2013, 01:36:08 | #25
Vampire set would be used with some necklace that gives AP.. the thing with moowolf is the resistance, any idea how to complete it?

posté June 29, 2013, 02:09:34 | #26

Quote (Ristty @ 29 June 2013 01:05) *
What a fast and amazing answer.

I testing the build at this moment on the reset room. Do you manage do keep Merry up all the time and dont get worn out ? Im guessing that maxing Karchamrak early Helps a lot speding only 2 APs to pick up and drop the barrel am I right ?

About the Abilities, at level 60 i can get 1 AP 1 MP and around 15 Int, does it sound good ? or leave the MP for later ?

Karchamrak > Barrel Hop > Bamboozle (This is to 60)

If i level Barrel Hop, you sure Baboozle is the next option ? both uses WP to keep me merry.

The idea is keep the enemies dizzy and myself merry the most you can right ?
Yes I do keep merry up at all times, it just depends when will i start building it (Some ultimate bosses last much longer than your merry can hold, so I wait a few turns before I ramp it up).
With experience you will learn how to hold it and how fast you may build it. In 90% cases I end my fight with 80-100 merry as I've anticipated the end. It may sound risky, but its really not .. Once you get the hang of it, you'll know what I'm talking about x)

Karchamrak is not really meant for the barrel in the beginning, you can use it on anything. But fights will be fast so just place the barrel somewhere and let it stay. It will be your 'dial' and your escape plan for later. Also it can be used as merry builder.
On early levels how I like to use karchamrak is, since you don't have many ap, maybe 7 or 8, it means you can either use those 8 ap to dairy 2 times, but if the targets are a bit spread and you cant hit more than 1 target, its a waste to jump 2 times. You can do a much better thing by using bamboozle (1ap1wp), Karchamrak one target to line it up for dairy to hit multiple targets and jump. Karchamrak will increase your damage because of -20% resistance, bamboozle will give you 20% damage and -10% resistance, which is a much better option than using dairy 2 times just because you can.

As for your stats, I would say go for 1ap, 1mp and rest you can either chose int or crit. Its a good option because Dairy consumes 1mp and since soon enough you'll be jumping 2-3 times, its a very good thing to stat into it.

About wakfu points, Fire panda only has 2 abilities which use wakfu points. Those are Bamboozle and Barrel hop. Sure barrel hop will give you 10 merry per jump, also displace you or get you into a better position. While bamboozle will give you raw 20% damage and 10% dizzy on everything around you at the cost of 1ap and 1wakfu. This ability is a little bit overlooked by players. While we only have 6 wakfu points, that is not enough to bring us to 100 merry but only 60. Which is where bamboozle comes into play. It pretty much gives us double the amount of merry and reduces enemies resistances at the cost of only 1 ap more than barrel hop.
Fire panda is about counting and planning your move ahead.
Also bamboozle is one of your only sources of dizzy to the enemies which will scale perfectly with all of your abilities, especially when you start building up incadescent milk.

Also you need to make sure not to over merry yourself because that will be a bit fatal. In these situations I usually use a cheap water ability such as bubble trouble or milky breath so my dizzy that I've previously built, doesn't drop.

Quote (Carnviroiasiraed @ 29 June 2013 01:36) *
Vampire set would be used with some necklace that gives AP.. the thing with moowolf is the resistance, any idea how to complete it?

Vampyro on its own has good stats and everything that you've already mentioned. And yes you can have +1ap from a necklace and in the end you will have a total of 6 items to keep your set together, while moowolf only requires 4.

These are two very random item setups that I pulled from the top of my head -

Vampyro Setup
and
Moowolf Setup

(There are ofc better modification to the both sets but this is just what I find to be the closest to each other)

Difference is pretty simple, both sets are very close. Moowolf gets over vamp with a bit of damage and initiative, 2 fire spell levels, also 3% crit. Vamp is keeping up with it very well but has one problem, and that is too many item parts in the set. If you were to get only one better item (Minatsu boots, hurdy girdle, or anything really..) you will be in a very bad situation.

Reaaally hope this cleared some things!

- Stylia

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté June 29, 2013, 22:22:12 | #27
What do you think for a LvL 60 Fire Pandawa?

And i also wonder, if water spells increases the level of DIZZY on the target. how dizzy stacks with Katchamark ? and what is the cap of %Resistance debuff ?

This post has been edited by IvanSouza - June 29, 2013, 22:29:20.
posté June 29, 2013, 22:32:26 | #28
Hey there Ivan!
I'm happy with your fire tree spell levels, I'd also suggest you get all your water and earth spells to around level 20-30 aswell because it will provide you more resistance and you will be able to live through fights more. And from lvl 1-20 in whole water branch for example will cost you only 2-3 spell levels from fire (Higher ones which are lv55). So if you bring your flaming burp to lvl53 you will lose 1-2 base damage and gain 20 levels of whole water element which will provide you most resistance. Can do the same for earth since most creatures on those levels do earth damage.

I see you've went for lvl 7 bamboozle. Its a smart call actually, I know a lot of people who tend to go for lvl7 bamboozle and put other points into something else. In my situation I get annoyed quite a lot when I cant reach that 50 or 80 merry because my bamboozle is not maxed and it can even cost you your life in combat. I'd say only take lvl 1 incadescent, max out bamboozle, max out barrel after that and then go for incadescent till max.

About your ability points, I'd say thats one of the better options to go for.

(Btw don't take this reply in a bad way, but if I don't criticize and instead give you a thumbs up, you on your own will figure out that I was wrong and my whole reply and this thread would be pointless. So its my plan to give you all answers which will help you learn and improve ^^)

Edit: Water spells increase the level of DIZZY on the target. Same as Bamboozle does. Karchamrak gives a totally different debuff which reduces the resistance by another 20% per cast. But both scale together.

- Stylia

This post has been edited by Styliaqt - June 29, 2013, 22:34:36.
posté June 29, 2013, 22:48:16 | #29

Quote (Styliaqt @ 29 June 2013 22:32) *
(Btw don't take this reply in a bad way, but if I don't criticize and instead give you a thumbs up, you on your own will figure out that I was wrong and my whole reply and this thread would be pointless. So its my plan to give you all answers which will help you learn and improve ^^)

Edit: Water spells increase the level of DIZZY on the target. Same as Bamboozle does. Karchamrak gives a totally different debuff which reduces the resistance by another 20% per cast. But both scale together.

- Stylia

Amazing tips. I defenily dont take it in a bad way, im learning a lot on each reply, and i hope others playing Padawas also do so.

Oh, i got it all wrong. when i saw the (-X% Resist.). On the dizzy tooltip i though it was a resistance debuff like Katachamark, but dizzy is actually a mechanic that only Pandawas can benefit from (for fire damage procs).

So being a water Pandawa to make the mobs get to max Dizzy faster wont do any good to the party, Am i right ? The tooltip is a little missleading

The target is Dizzy and becomes wary of fire. What's more, all calcium goes to his head and increases his chance of losing control of the situation.

By this tooltip it looks like dizzy would make an opponent miss a turn.

Dizzy - Wakfu Wikia 

posté June 29, 2013, 23:52:03 | #30
Hey hey!

Every panda element has its own benefits. People usually tend to mix them up by calling some elements damage dealers, some tanks and some supports. All panda elements are supports. Its just a different way of supporting. Water is mainly a debuffer, so its benefits to the group are great! He allows you to reach 100 dizzy (Max) on the enemy target the fastest which benefits the whole group because -100% resistance is same as +100% damage to your whole group. Thats just how wakfu element/resistances work.

Wikia is very old and some things are not quite right there. In this case it is correct but a little bit misleading.

What it is supposed to mean is that if YOU lose the control of the situation you can drop the whole debuff and then you need to start all over again from 0 which is a huuge waste of time. Thats why I'm saying if you use bamboozle to rush Dizzy and don't have or want to waste any more wakfu points, you should use a cheap water attack just to keep the stack that you've gained on the target instead of dropping it.

Also, Dizzy benefits EVERYONE by its effect to reduce resistances. That is the part which reduces enemies resistance in general, not just to you. Once you get to fight much higher and harder UBs you will learn how important this factor is.
The Dizzy LEVEL is what affects the panda alone. Because all your fire abilities have an effect which procs off the dizzy LEVEL.
Example: Level 50 dizzy means -50% resistance on the target. This affects EVERYONE in your group, including you. Now, for you ALONE 'Level 50 dizzy' means that your fire abilities will get their bonus effects into play. Each fire ability has its own effect that depends on the amount of dizzy level on the target you are attacking.

Hope this helped ^^

- Stylia

posté June 30, 2013, 00:47:40 | #31

Quote (Styliaqt @ 29 June 2013 23:52) *
Hey hey!

Every panda element has its own benefits. People usually tend to mix them up by calling some elements damage dealers, some tanks and some supports. All panda elements are supports. Its just a different way of supporting. Water is mainly a debuffer, so its benefits to the group are great! He allows you to reach 100 dizzy (Max) on the enemy target the fastest which benefits the whole group because -100% resistance is same as +100% damage to your whole group. Thats just how wakfu element/resistances work.

Wikia is very old and some things are not quite right there. In this case it is correct but a little bit misleading.

What it is supposed to mean is that if YOU lose the control of the situation you can drop the whole debuff and then you need to start all over again from 0 which is a huuge waste of time. Thats why I'm saying if you use bamboozle to rush Dizzy and don't have or want to waste any more wakfu points, you should use a cheap water attack just to keep the stack that you've gained on the target instead of dropping it.

Also, Dizzy benefits EVERYONE by its effect to reduce resistances. That is the part which reduces enemies resistance in general, not just to you. Once you get to fight much higher and harder UBs you will learn how important this factor is.
The Dizzy LEVEL is what affects the panda alone. Because all your fire abilities have an effect which procs off the dizzy LEVEL.
Example: Level 50 dizzy means -50% resistance on the target. This affects EVERYONE in your group, including you. Now, for you ALONE 'Level 50 dizzy' means that your fire abilities will get their bonus effects into play. Each fire ability has its own effect that depends on the amount of dizzy level on the target you are attacking.

Hope this helped ^^

- Stylia

So, a pure water build will debuff the enemies way faster than a fire build right ?

What a FIRE brings to the table, disoriented burning and more DPS ?

What is the % Resistance debuff cap 100% ?

Sorry for asking soo many questions, i might edit my topics and paste all in one.

posté June 30, 2013, 02:24:10 | #32
Hey again!
Don't worry about the questions, I am glad I can help!

Yes pure water build can get dizzy up on the enemies much faster since all their abilities add dizzy.
But on long fights, either way outcome is the same. Just a matter of time. Example: On some fights you don't even attack the boss until you clear all the summons/adds/creatures. So during that time, panda only keeps stacking dizzy and its totally irelevant if you're fire,water or earth.

Difference that fire brings is... Play style preference, more damage in some situations and thats about it. All pandas have nearly the same roles when it comes to UB fighting. We are a utility class where karchamrak plays 60% of our role.

Dizzy debuff cap is at 100%. And it stays at level 100. I repeat, this doesn't have anything in common with Karchamrak. So if you karchamrak 5 times, you will get ANOTHER -100% resistance on the enemy in addition to your 100% from dizzy. Karchamrak buff stays only 1 turn while dizzy lasts as much as you want unless you stop using abilities which apply dizzy to the target.

- Stylia

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2010-10-27
posté June 30, 2013, 14:06:11 | #33

Quote (IvanSouza @ 30 June 2013 00:47) *
So, a pure water build will debuff the enemies way faster than a fire build right ?

Sorry for asking soo many questions, i might edit my topics and paste all in one.

So, each of the branches has its own focus.

Water: Dizzy, Area of Effect spells on the barrel, and some extra unit manipulation via Milk Fountain's pull towards the barrel.

Fire: Area of Effect, and states based on the stacks of Dizzy and the attack used.

Earth: Light amounts of Dizzy, Single Target damage, decent survivability.

Fire doesn't have a direct method of stacking Dizzy; none of their abilities apply Dizzy! Therefore, to apply Dizzy, they need to either use Water (or Earth spells, but that's inefficient!), or use Bamboozle. For short-duration battle, Bamboozle or even nothing's fine. For longer battles, a little bit of Water will help to increase your state application percents. However, Fire doesn't NEED it; it's just an extra bonus if you want to use that. (Furthermore, Milking It, Fire's last spell, clears Dizzy of all targets and applies extra damage based on it. Using that will remove all that hard work. Be careful of Dizzying and using that spell!)

The debuff cap is nonexistant. You can stack as many Karchamraks in a turn as you physically can. (I don't think I've seen any mob that's resistant to Karchamrak or Dizzy.) Dizzy only goes up to level 100, which means that the maximum resistance debuff from Dizzy is -100% All Resists.

Hope this helps!
~ Mielle, Water Panda

posté June 30, 2013, 15:10:54 | #34

Quote (TaobaSanjuro @ 30 June 2013 14:06) *

Quote (IvanSouza @ 30 June 2013 00:47) *

Fire doesn't have a direct method of stacking Dizzy; none of their abilities apply Dizzy! Therefore, to apply Dizzy, they need to either use Water (or Earth spells, but that's inefficient!), or use Bamboozle. For short-duration battle, Bamboozle or even nothing's fine. For longer battles, a little bit of Water will help to increase your state application percents. However, Fire doesn't NEED it; it's just an extra bonus if you want to use that. (Furthermore, Milking It, Fire's last spell, clears Dizzy of all targets and applies extra damage based on it. Using that will remove all that hard work. Be careful of Dizzying and using that spell!)

The debuff cap is nonexistant. You can stack as many Karchamraks in a turn as you physically can. (I don't think I've seen any mob that's resistant to Karchamrak or Dizzy.) Dizzy only goes up to level 100, which means that the maximum resistance debuff from Dizzy is -100% All Resists.

Hope this helps!
~ Mielle, Water Panda
I believe I've said this already

Also I must disagree with you about earth branch part. I find Earth branch in good hands to be best support out of all 3 elements. Simply their ap costs match up perfectly. Water tree costs either too much or has a nonpair amount of ap cost spells (bubble trouble) which make it waste a few aps.
Anyway, can speak about this for a while xD

All elements have their role, they're more or less what Mielle said and it kinda comes down to preferred play style x)

- Stylia

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2009-07-24
posté July 03, 2013, 03:31:41 | #35

Quote (Styliaqt @ 30 June 2013 15:10) *

Also I must disagree with you about earth branch part. I find Earth branch in good hands to be best support out of all 3 elements. Simply their ap costs match up perfectly.

All elements have their role, they're more or less what Mielle said and it kinda comes down to preferred play style x)

- Stylia

I'm primarily an earth panda at the moment, but have debated doing the fire thing for fun and giggles. Can you tell me more about the role you see earth pandas having at end game compared to fire? I don't want to hijack your fire thread, so a PM or even a new thread would be fine. I would enjoy reading more details on what you're saying about earth however.

Thanks!

posté July 03, 2013, 09:45:38 | #36

Quote (gardenteacher @ 03 July 2013 03:31) *

Quote (Styliaqt @ 30 June 2013 15:10) *

Also I must disagree with you about earth branch part. I find Earth branch in good hands to be best support out of all 3 elements. Simply their ap costs match up perfectly.

- Stylia

I'm primarily an earth panda at the moment, but have debated doing the fire thing for fun and giggles. Can you tell me more about the role you see earth pandas having at end game compared to fire? I don't want to hijack your fire thread, so a PM or even a new thread would be fine. I would enjoy reading more details on what you're saying about earth however.

Thanks!

Hello and good morning to you!
Its not a problem at all, just the fact that I'm lazy to make an earth guide yet so I guess its ok to reply here xD
Ok umm .. First of all this is just my idea and opinion that I got from my own experience, so there are people who probably wouldn't agree with me.

As I've mentioned already, in my opinion I think that the earth panda is probably the best support tree out of all. From what I've noticed is that it has great abilities which can be utilized in both support and damaging way. (Blisskrieg can be used for escape/no los passage, karchamraking your barrel can move you out of lock, or even simply boosting your resistance and then picking up an ally ..).
Many people would say that water is the perfect support element, but if we only look at it a bit deeper and check the cost of the abilities we will see that they're firstly very mp dependent and secondly their ap costs are not a pair number. (Not speaking of milky breath and splash of milk)

Lets put down Bubble trouble on the table, it has AMAZING damage and insane cost for a support. It will eat 1ap and 2mp which will lower your mobility and end you up with one ap wasted or mp raped if you use it twice.

And if we put down milk fountain, its a great spell aswell but the down side is a high ap cost which can cut you off by miles if you tend to make your full combo (Moving people around, positioning enemies, keeping dizzy up etc ...).

Reason why I'm saying this and think its very important is because earth maybe does have a 2ap cost to throw and pick up the barrel but then its a pair number. Same as every other key ability which is used in the earth branch. Now this means that it all just adds up perfectly supporting wise. Low ap cost abilities, pair number of ap cost, awesome abilities and great survivability.
This is why I love earth when its being played as a proper support.
But people tend to stop at the point where they need to let go of the barrel and believe that they are born with it and should never ever separate..

Okay umm .. That's just how I think of earth as support.
About fire .. I reeaaally don't know what to say .. I've been playing it forever and fire has always been my thing. I guess its just the way that it can utilize both earth and water elements (even if they're low level and I wont do any damage) and start to kick in with their main abilities once everything is set ..
There are a lot of options and a lot of people keep asking me what element is better for this and for that .. But in the end, it really comes down to your own play style ..
Every panda element can play all roles, it just depends in what way and how effective you play your
role.

I really enjoy playing fire and just utilizing it in the best possible way to make it most flexible for every encounter is the part of fire that I enjoy. I've never been a fan of meta builds or classes, which is why I didn't quit one year ago when pandas became close to useless. I love the class and will always tend to find the best suited build for my class x)

- Stylia

This post has been edited by Styliaqt - July 03, 2013, 09:48:44.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2007-02-03
posté August 05, 2013, 16:08:45 | #37
Hey,

I saw your guide and it seems you know lot about pandas. Just lvling one, and thinking on going water/fire. Already collecting Celestial Strich and Exca set for it. With 10 AP/6MP would be quite crazy. Also im interested in Vamp set for that nice res and all dmg.

Also there is a lower lvl set for water/fire, Duke Whelkington set. Seems nice for me.

What do u think about a multi element panda? Maybe u have better ideas for set and items.

Ohh and about Moo or Vamp set. Vamp set got better HP, dmg, res and maybe gives only 1 AP but there is still place for an amulet like Moo or shadowed. If u take full Vamp set with Moo amu+ring u get a good combination already.

-Pandora-

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté August 05, 2013, 16:12:11 | #38
I just wanna point out that the +2 Ap doesn't make moowolf better at all since vampyro does not take up an amulet slot. You can just wear a moowolf amulet with full vampyro and benefit much more than wearing full moowolf.

And even then there are much better fire AP amulets out there than moowolf.

posté August 06, 2013, 13:06:36 | #39

Quote (Chreon @ 05 August 2013 16:08) *
Hey,

I saw your guide and it seems you know lot about pandas. Just lvling one, and thinking on going water/fire. Already collecting Celestial Strich and Exca set for it. With 10 AP/6MP would be quite crazy. Also im interested in Vamp set for that nice res and all dmg.

Also there is a lower lvl set for water/fire, Duke Whelkington set. Seems nice for me.

What do u think about a multi element panda? Maybe u have better ideas for set and items.

Ohh and about Moo or Vamp set. Vamp set got better HP, dmg, res and maybe gives only 1 AP but there is still place for an amulet like Moo or shadowed. If u take full Vamp set with Moo amu+ring u get a good combination already.

-Pandora-

I've seen some very good earth/fire and fire/water pandas work in the past, so why not. If you can keep the synergy and not overkill yourself with high mp cost abilities, it can turn out to be a quite mean panda. After the revamp I personally just decided to bump up my Light my fire instead of any water ability because its effect, cost and damage will make it up way over bubble trouble. And on top of that, I wear a fire set with no water dam on it.

Second of all. To all you vampyro lovers, its a good set, yes. But if you put full vamp + 2 parts moo you get THESE stats. And if you use full moo + 3 parts vamp, you get THESE stats. Yes difference is CH and crit damage over resistance but in multi element builds, I'd suggest vamp. As said before, its just my own opinion about the set, you may still have a mind of your own o.o

- Stylia

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-04-08
posté August 12, 2013, 06:53:15 | #40
After the last change I decided to make my Panda Fire/Water, and this is the build i designed for it. if you see any way to improve it, it would help. Btw great guide Styliaqt. I was a fire panda before the change, and I'm really lovin the Fire/Water, fire is hands down the funnest element of the pandas, and I dare say the funnest class of all.

This post has been edited by iiNoted - August 12, 2013, 07:30:05.