Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

[Guide] Music's Earth Ecaflip Guide
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté September 05, 2013, 19:06:51 | #21

Quote (Koryaze @ 10 August 2013 05:44) *

Quote (hoornvlies @ 30 July 2013 13:58) *
I must thank you Music as i'm using a somewhat modified version of this guide.

I use full phosphorescent set with a golden cloak. Giving me 10ap 5mp. I have no crit from build but instead focused on relying on crit from gear and utilizing backstab damage from gear and dumping points in STR.

I assume you will also focus on a monobuild and i wonder what your thoughts are on what spells to level.

Your item build looks great and I actually had thoughts of using it as we'll, the only problem is if you don't crit with 3 cards you might as well use all in and battle for this item build.

For me the crit isn't consistent enough for 3 cards and would recommend all in. You'll only be doing an extra 200 damage or so with 3 cards crit but only at around 40% chance

Sorry for the very late reply

- Music
Hoornvlies, an Eca scales very nice with crit.

3-cards is one of those abilities that without crits and it's wakfu point cost, the spell would be too mediocre.

Your gear is something similar to what I'm currently using. I use full sylargh/and fill in the rest with phospho. I manage to have around 50 crits base, without counting WS. The only upgrade to that is Dragon Pig, but until then, that's what I use. (and i don't even look at Magmog set for an earth Eca, it's kind-of meh.)

Normally, 50 crits is where I tend to aim at to have a consistent enough crit hits with all my abilities. Anything above that, could be sacrificed for other stats, such as str, hp, backstab, chdmg, etc. Since you're getting additional crits from WS.

Depending on crits from gear is sometimes not enough crits to obtain the best dmg output (I'm not saying you aren't) Just statting 10 crits would suffice

All-in/Battle/HoT are other abilities that relies on crits because of their secondary effects, and without consistency of crits your dmg output will be low.

The trick to an earth ecaflip is in this order CH>Backstab>Chdmg>Strength>HP>Res

Its personal preference after that.

-Faded

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-06-24
posté September 05, 2013, 19:38:49 | #22

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 05 September 2013 19:06) *

Quote (Koryaze @ 10 August 2013 05:44) *

Quote (hoornvlies @ 30 July 2013 13:58) *
I must thank you Music as i'm using a somewhat modified version of this guide.

I use full phosphorescent set with a golden cloak. Giving me 10ap 5mp. I have no crit from build but instead focused on relying on crit from gear and utilizing backstab damage from gear and dumping points in STR.

I assume you will also focus on a monobuild and i wonder what your thoughts are on what spells to level.

Your item build looks great and I actually had thoughts of using it as we'll, the only problem is if you don't crit with 3 cards you might as well use all in and battle for this item build.

For me the crit isn't consistent enough for 3 cards and would recommend all in. You'll only be doing an extra 200 damage or so with 3 cards crit but only at around 40% chance

Sorry for the very late reply

- Music
Hoornvlies, an Eca scales very nice with crit.

3-cards is one of those abilities that without crits and it's wakfu point cost, the spell would be too mediocre.

Your gear is something similar to what I'm currently using. I use full sylargh/and fill in the rest with phospho. I manage to have around 50 crits base, without counting WS. The only upgrade to that is Dragon Pig, but until then, that's what I use. (and i don't even look at Magmog set for an earth Eca, it's kind-of meh.)

Normally, 50 crits is where I tend to aim at to have a consistent enough crit hits with all my abilities. Anything above that, could be sacrificed for other stats, such as str, hp, backstab, chdmg, etc. Since you're getting additional crits from WS.

Depending on crits from gear is sometimes not enough crits to obtain the best dmg output (I'm not saying you aren't) Just statting 10 crits would suffice

All-in/Battle/HoT are other abilities that relies on crits because of their secondary effects, and without consistency of crits your dmg output will be low.

The trick to an earth ecaflip is in this order CH>Backstab>Chdmg>Strength>HP>Res

Its personal preference after that.

-Faded

I don't agree with a lot of your points but to each their own. What i do wish to know from you is why you consider magmog set meh-ish.

The set gives excellent damage and well rounded stats.

In that set i have around 500% earth damage giving me excellent sustained non-crit damage and incredibly high hits on crits.

posté September 06, 2013, 01:46:48 | #23
The reason being that magmog set is not very flexible when combined with other pieces of gear. (specially now that gear is now coming without set bonuses)

If you compare both Sylargh and Magmog: the difference is that magmog gives a about 160 more hp, about 3% more earth dmg, more crit hit dmg, and 2 spell levels more than sylargh.

[I dont see how magmog provides more sustained dmg when the difference is just 3% earth dmg and 2 spell levels]

What I lose in dmg, wearing sylargh, I gain in crit and resistance. Since sylargh gives 3% more crit and more res.

Now, you may notice that I am missing an AP. That's the glory of wearing sylargh, I can wear the full set, and wear an AP cape of my choice providing more stats than a magmog set would without losing any of the set bonuses.

You see where I'm going with this?
I'd give more of an insight on this, but I'm about to go home from school

-Faded

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2010-05-04
posté September 06, 2013, 02:18:09 | #24
i dont know what set youre using exactly but lets compare this:

Click here
Sylargh with no DP items and items above 140

Click here
Magmog with no DP and items above 140

Magmog has 1 crit less, but 20+% more crit damage and 5 spell points more
Magmog has about 10-12% less resist, but 6% more damage and 15% more backstab damage and 120 more hp.

And Magmog seems easier to get than what i put into that Sylargh set.

As i said i dont know what set you're using but i'm pretty sure Magmog is better most of the time, unless you want a bit more resist

Edit: that being said, if you want extra MP from BP you have to break the OP phos set and magmog will be weaker damagewise.
But yeah i rather wear 3 piece phos with all the spell points and the 3 set piece bonus than have 1 more MP. 5 spell points is like 4-6 more base damage depending on the spell

This post has been edited by Chrolo - September 06, 2013, 02:24:30.
posté September 06, 2013, 07:53:19 | #25
If you compare Sylargh and Magmog sets respectively, without the fillers, you'll see where I got my numbers from.

I do like the set-up you tried to do with the Sylargh set, and I do see your point. But I would change some items to make it more towards my preference.

Now, just comparing Magmog and Sylargh sets, I rather go for a bit more resistance than for the other stats Magmog gives me, since it isn't much.

It's just Magmog doesn't really appeal to me when I can already crit 1k on a target with 300 res, with a single 3-card and at the same time maintain tons of resists.

It seems a bit of a waste if I keep on adding to dmg, and lower, per say, initiative, or lock [Not that I need it, but they're useful]

I'm basing this for PvE, and not for PvP. Magmog would undoubtedly be the choice for PvP.

-Faded

posté September 06, 2013, 08:06:23 | #26
Well you're right both sets have their up and downs and its a personal choice in the end.

I'm not here to say Sylargh is bad just saying that Magmog is not meh-ish. Far from it actually.

And it think you mixed it up. Ini, a small bit lock and res doesnt matter as much in PvE as it does in PvP. I would go for Sylargh in PvP tbh XD

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-06-24
posté September 06, 2013, 10:05:33 | #27

Quote (Chrolo @ 06 September 2013 02:18) *
i dont know what set youre using exactly but lets compare this:

Click here
Sylargh with no DP items and items above 140

Click here
Magmog with no DP and items above 140

Magmog has 1 crit less, but 20+% more crit damage and 5 spell points more
Magmog has about 10-12% less resist, but 6% more damage and 15% more backstab damage and 120 more hp.

And Magmog seems easier to get than what i put into that Sylargh set.

As i said i dont know what set you're using but i'm pretty sure Magmog is better most of the time, unless you want a bit more resist

Edit: that being said, if you want extra MP from BP you have to break the OP phos set and magmog will be weaker damagewise.
But yeah i rather wear 3 piece phos with all the spell points and the 3 set piece bonus than have 1 more MP. 5 spell points is like 4-6 more base damage depending on the spell
You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Since this comes down to personal preference i too prefer magmog for PvM and i tend to use it for PvP as well.

Since that this topic seemed to have been breathed in some new life. May i ask you all what weapons you guys prefer. I like my ol' Zeorus / Ketchafishbone or BT combo.

posté September 06, 2013, 13:19:28 | #28
Zeorus/Rogmourne/Hushed Scepter with BT is probably the best allround combo you can get for now.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté September 06, 2013, 16:01:26 | #29

I don't understand this at all. Comparing Mog to Sylargh as an Eca is crazy talk. How can you say you want some of these stats and in the same post discount Magmog as a set. There are sooooo many more advantages to using Mog over Sylargh. Others have pointed them out stat wise and i think it's a much better trade off.

Mog allows you to earth/fire. As an Ecaflip who only does PvE, this is huge. You can spam earth spells of your choice when God card is pulled or use fire spells when no earth dmg bonus is available or WS is high. The second element lets you do even more dmg to different types of monsters. Adding in Craps to an earth build is awesome. It gives you an easy way to increase your base dmg per turn.

Magmog set gives you an AP. In Sylargh you need an AP cape. Sacrificing even more stats.

You want Slyargh because it has 16 more res compared to 10 backstab res, 170hp and 5 block on Mog. Not to mention Mog has more dmg compared to 3 crit on Sylargh.

Defensive build with almost 2000 base hp in non wabbit gear. (3ap, 2mp)

Glass cannon with 110crit dmg, 43 BS, 35 base crit. (3ap, 1mp, 2 range) Option two

As a pure earth Eca, Magmog is still your best set.

Chrolo is right about your weapon choices. Once higher level gear is more available it'll be time to readjust the builds.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - September 06, 2013, 16:29:05.
posté September 06, 2013, 19:56:36 | #30
Gynrei, first, comparing mog to Sylargh is not crazy talk.

Sylargh allows for the water branch to be used and off-heals allies/ give them crits. Also, the cape requirement doesn't neglect you stats, it adds on to the set bonus from Sylargh, given you don't have to break the set to get the AP.

I prefer having an all around balanced stats, than just having top dmg. There is a point in which too much dmg is too much dmg. I dont know, if you get my point.

I have 450+ earth dmg outside of fights, is there a reason to keep on adding to that and sacrifice stats such as resists, intiative, crits, or hp, etc..

I am in no way saying magmog is a bad choice in terms of gear, just saying that you sacrifice other things wearing magmog that sylargh gives/allows. I maintain 48 backstab/52 crit hit dmg, 50 crit, and 450% earth dmg, 1600 hp, and 100+ resists in all elements using sylargh.

I prefer having resists than hp in some cases. I've seen ecas wearing mog, and they just have roughly 150 hp more than me, but i have more resists, it balances out.

As for the weapon choice

Chrolo hit the mark on current weapons, but I'm also eyeing this for higher levels Click Here 10 more levels to go  

This post has been edited by Fadedscourge - September 06, 2013, 20:19:25.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté September 07, 2013, 03:04:35 | #31
I think you need to post your build or what your aiming for. I don't think your water dmg will be high enough to justify using water spells. You also need a specialty that doesn't synergize with earth.

I'm confident I can show you a better well rounded build with good resist without using Sylargh.

Also, the Scepter of Wage is a glass cannon item. The weapon combos already mentioned are better all around.

The Sinister Six * Member Since 2012-01-13
posté September 07, 2013, 14:27:47 | #32
You guys care for statting crit?

posté September 07, 2013, 18:28:50 | #33

Quote (Gynrei @ 07 September 2013 03:04) *
I think you need to post your build or what your aiming for. I don't think your water dmg will be high enough to justify using water spells. You also need a specialty that doesn't synergize with earth.

I'm confident I can show you a better well rounded build with good resist without using Sylargh.

Also, the Scepter of Wage is a glass cannon item. The weapon combos already mentioned are better all around.
I don't use water for the dmg tbh, I mainly have Fleahopper at around lv 116 for the heals/crits supporting aspect of it. It turns out to be really good. I would heal at around 400-600 a turn, i'd say that's decent.

It helps release some of the burden of eni's in high level content and provides sustainability and survavility. Have you tried that 3rd room in wabbit dungeon? it's nuts, although pretty fun.

You guys care for statting crit?
@Axemangx

Yes, I stat 10 crit.

This post has been edited by Fadedscourge - September 07, 2013, 18:32:13.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-09-23
posté October 18, 2013, 08:30:36 | #34
I found myself really enjoying All In, but now I'm confused on how to value crit since it doesn't increase base damage at all.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2010-01-10
posté October 21, 2013, 03:50:36 | #35

Quote (reiry @ 18 October 2013 08:30) *
I found myself really enjoying All In, but now I'm confused on how to value crit since it doesn't increase base damage at all.

Yea all in is a great skill, I actually changed a lot of things regarding my own build.

I am currently using a 12 AP build with all in and battle as my main spells. If you play with All in, either increase STR or AP, Crit would only ensure your 2x hits which isn't bad at all.

A 12 AP all in has slightly higher base damage than double crit 3 cards.

Thread is now updated displaying the advantages and disadvantages these 2 build have.

This post has been edited by Koryaze - October 21, 2013, 04:32:33.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2011-09-16
posté December 20, 2013, 05:11:43 | #36
I'm an earth ecaflip too and I've been placing my stat points on 1 ap 1 mp 1 range, and the others in strength. should I start placing it on crit considering my build is all in ?

posté February 12, 2014, 12:16:12 | #37
Three Cards Build image was broken,pls upload a new one T-T.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-02-11
posté February 16, 2014, 16:43:51 | #38
Hello there , first of all i want to thank to music and other players for such help , i'm a new earth eca on wakfu so i am a bit confused and asking for your help.

My build is 12 ap All-in Earth eca so please answer the following questions according to these :

1-) How do i manage 12 ap ? Does hitting level 100 is giving +1 ap just like in dofus ? You have shared your build's picture but since i am new on this game i can't understand which item is which , so i need names if it is okay.

2-) What is your suggestion for stats ? I've seen around people says give only +1 ap and get 12 ap , i am a little bit confused. Also i am wondering about if i need to get +2 ap stats , where to then ? I did some math and after 2 ap i can get 1 mp and +2 range , crit for the rest. Should i go for it ? Or do i need +2 mp too ?

Thank you again and again for all your support and help

-Patrona

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2010-01-10
posté February 18, 2014, 12:05:01 | #39
@KatzA
Updating Three Cards build with new items and stats in the near future!

@michelang
12 AP is managed by getting 2 AP from stats then either using a relic or satisfaction ring.

For 12 AP, The stats I would suggest would be +2 AP with 1 range and STR

5 MP is easily obtained with boots and brestplate, anymore would be personal preference (for people that like to kite)

@Jeannedearc
Sorry for the late reply, stating crit would be great for 10 AP build considering the stats that you have taken. Your All in would proc 2x more often and your Three Card and HoT damage would be amazing on crit.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-02-18
posté February 19, 2014, 02:43:12 | #40
Hello
I'm a newbie here and I have a few questions.

1- How do I level my specs?
2- How should I distribute my points after every level up as an Earth Ecaflip?

Thanks for the guide!

This post has been edited by Kherberus - February 19, 2014, 04:52:02.