Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 19 Septangel
Me Hearty Party
A whole day in honour of pirates: that's the dream that Seth Halitosis, modest corsair from the ...

No flash

[Guide] Mango's Air/Earth Iop Build
Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté November 14, 2013, 05:44:20 | #1
[Guide] Mango's Air/Earth Iop Build

Build Walkthrough Index
Use Ctrl + F to skip to the section you want to view.

1. Preface [ITD]
  2. Build Purpose [WAE]
  3. Stating Guide [BOJ]
  4. Specialty Leveling Guide [SLG]
  5. Elemental Spell Guide [ESG]
  6. Earth Spell Branch [ESG1]
  7. Air Spell Branch [ESG2]
  8. Specialty Skills [ESG3]
  9. Passive Skills [ESG4]
  10. Your Spell Levels [YSL]
  11. How to Play [HTP]
  12. Mango's Final Notes [MFN]

The Perfect Iop: Preface
[ITD]

A very rare build due to air/earth endgame equipment being relatively scarce up until just recently. I've had the pleasure to experiment this build and literally perfect it over time. While not as strong as a pure earth or a pure air Iop, this build takes the best of both worlds to be the master of versatility on the battlefield. It's not restricted to CC, line of sight, linearity, single-target damage, or mobility allowing you to always reach your opponent.

Why Air/Earth: Build Purpose [WAE]

There are a few reasons why I claim that air/earth is the strongest Iop hybrid in the game. The truth is, each branch has its own weaknesses with the exception of earth. Earth is essentially perfect, covering high single-target DPT, high area-of-effect damage, and a ranged spell that doesn't require line of sight (and can stun). However, all the attacks are very expensive and mono builds lack the elemental diversity that multi builds have.

Therefore, by picking up air we give ourselves Jabs, the highest damage/resource skill in the game with the exception of God Card Heads or Tails and Slow Down Xelor's Sandglass. Why Jabs? It's a basic close combat skill just like Shaker. It doesn't bring anything unique to the table, does it?

Jabs is extremely powerful for a few reasons. It's extremely cheap at 2 AP per cast, doesn't have a cast limit, and hits in air. Small hits means more chances to proc Authority allowing you to build up Power faster. Faster Power proc rates allow you to stun more often, or get maxed out Power sooner to dish out maximum damage.

Moreover, hybridizing into air gives you use of Gutting Gust for decent damage too. Over 40 additional base for only 2 MP.

So why not take the fire branch into consideration?

Truth be told, fire is good but not nearly as versatile. The main damage skill Judgment consumes MP making it restrictive to your movement. With the main damage skills of air/earth being Jabs and Shaker respectively, you are not limited by your MP whatsoever. The build also runs 12 AP, which allows for several different attack combinations.

Building Success: Stating Guide [BLS]

Ultimately your goal is 12 AP, however the build is stable as soon as 10 AP with maxed Jump.

- 1 AP (Level 31)
- 1 MP (Level 51)
- 1 AP (Level 101)
- 46 Strength & 46 Agility (Level 135)

You can also get a couple of extra free stat points from the Vampyro Dungeon achievement (killing him first and killing him last), completing the Bilbyza questline, completing the Five Finger Diss Count quest by facing off against Count Harebourg, and completing the Wabbit Island main questline.

Mango on "Selecting skills...": Specialty Leveling Guide [SLG]

- Level 20 Compulsion (100 Points)
- Level 20 Authority (200 Points)
- Level 9 Jump (290 Points)
- Level 9 Increase (380 Points)
- Level 20 Virility (480 Points)
- Level 9 Defensive Stance OR Flatten (570 Points)
- Level 20 Locking Pro OR Show Off (670 Points)

Building Your Arsenal: Elemental Spell Guide [ESG]

Earth Spell Branch [ESG1]

Spell Name: Shaker
Cost: 4 AP
Mango's Commentary: Main source of earth damage. Shaker is arguably one of the most powerful skills in the game. There are no extra effects and it's a single target skill. It is in its essence, a raw damage skill. In our set-up, you can cast it three times a turn in ideal conditions.
Mango's Rating: ★★★★★/★★★★★

Spell Name: Rocknoceros
Cost: 5 AP
Mango's Commentary: Weaker than Shaker, but has non-linear unadjustable range that doesn't need line of sight and has an innate chance to stun. How amazing is that? Extremely versatile skill.
Mango's Rating: ★★★★/★★★★★

Spell Name: Impact
Cost: 2 AP
Mango's Commentary: Really it's not bad at all. Ranged unadjustable area-of-effect damage for a low cost and has an innate chance to reduce enemy MP. It's actually very good and you could honestly replace Devastate with it if you really wanted to. However I find the AoE of Devastate to be more comfortable personally.
Mango's Rating: ★★/★★★★★

Spell Name: Charge
Cost: 4 AP 1 MP
Mango's Commentary: Decently strong however a good mobility skill to get to the enemy and also has an innate chance to stun. Since it can attack in close combat unlike Rocknoceros, this is the skill to use when attempting to stun and you're in fisticuffs range with an enemy. A nice even AP cost to boot. Limited to one use per target.
Mango's Rating: ★★★/★★★★★

Spell Name: Devastate
Cost: 5 AP 1 MP
Mango's Commentary: Powerful and strikes in a box area-of-effect around the caster. Works in conjunction very well with Jump. Has an innate chance to reduce MP on each target hit.

Air Spell Branch [ESG2]

Spell Name: Jabs
Mango's Commentary: Very powerful base/AP and has no cast limit. Best skill other than Flurry for building up Power while hurting the enemy.

Spell Name: Flurry
Cost: 1 AP
Mango's Commentary: Arguable that you can replace Jabs with this for more hits per turn however it's substantially weaker in the long run. Can sometimes be used instead of Jabs if you're trying to quickly build up Power right before a stun and want a few extra chances to proc Authority.

Spell Name: Intimidation
Cost: 3 AP
Mango's Commentary: Pushes the target. Not that weak at all however there are a lot of situations where you wouldn't want to push the enemy. If they ever modify pushback damage to be something more viable, this skill might be able to outshine Jabs. But for now, it's good just as utility for moving allies and enemies.

Spell Name: Gutting Gust
Cost: 1 MP
Mango's Commentary: Gets fantastic base/resource at a staggeringly low cost of 1 MP. This also gives you two additional chances to proc Authority per enemy around you as a result. I like to make this my secondary air skill since you can use it pretty much every turn and it isn't limited by WP like Uppercut is.

Spell Name: Uppercut
Cost: 1 WP
Mango's Commentary: Uses a WP which could otherwise be used for a Jump or an Increase. Depending on how long the fight is going to last you can use your judgment to use it as an additional chance to proc Authority. Leveled up, it's about as strong as Jabs which isn't bad at all.

Specialty Skills [ESG3]

Specialty Name: Jump
Cost: 2 AP 1 WP
Mango's Commentary: This right here is the most mandatory specialty of them all. You can use Jump to position yourself behind an enemy and then start wailing on them with whatever spells you can think of. In a 12 AP build, you can also Jump into a group of enemies and use Devastate twice for massive area-of-effect damage.

Specialty Name: Defensive Stance
Mango's Commentary: Using this ends your turn and grants you +40 Block until your next turn. Depending on your gear this can either boost your up to a decent sum of Block or an extraordinary amount. Because of the cost it fits in very well with the other costs of your skills. You can use it after two 5 AP skills like Rocknoceros or Devastate or use it after a series of Jabs or Shaker casts. A good defensive investment for only 2 AP.

Specialty Name: Flatten
Cost: 4 AP 1 MP
Mango's Commentary: Allows you to move up to four cells away making it just as costly as far as AP cost goes as Jump. However it doesn't consume WP making it more cost efficient. While it can stun enemies, it can also stun you immediately ending your turn after casting it, making it a slight gamble. For someone who doesn't have Dragon Pig gear, I recommend this over Defensive Stance to orient yourself on a higher mobility scale than defense.

Specialty Name: Bravery Standard
Cost: 4 AP
Mango's Commentary: I definitely don't recommend leveling this. It is just as useful to us at level one than it is at level nine. At max level it costs one less AP however a 3 AP skill doesn't mesh into a 12 AP build that uses even numbers very well at all since most of the time, you'll use Jump at least once in your turn, leaving you with only 10 AP left. The main purpose of this skill is to stabilize yourself at the end of your turn. Works well in conjunction with Locking Pro to force enemies to dodge roll.

Spell Name: Increase
Cost: 1 WP
Mango's Commentary: Consumes your Power stacks in order to increase you chance to stun for the turn and one attack. In most cases, this will raise your chance to stun from 10% to 60%, which is a really good gamble. An effectively player can use this skill smartly and forcibly chain stun an enemy for three or more turn in a row. This and Jump are your main WP sinks, and therefore it's important to know how much WP to conserve when using this. Alternatively you can consume all of your WP for a damage boost that goes up to 50% higher than maxed out Power.

Passive Skills [ESG4]

Passive Name: Virility
Mango's Commentary: Extra HP, a must have. The value of this scales in proportion with how much HP you have. Most effective with Empelol equipment, with Dragon Pig slightly behind.
Mango's Rating: yes/★★★★★

Passive Name: Compulsion
Mango's Commentary: The equivalent of 80 attribute points worth of damage. Another must have.

Passive Name: Authority
Mango's Commentary: A chance to increase your damage even further in combat. Easy to maintain and is the only source of Power other than Jump. Will proc for every source of damage, so hitting three enemies with Devastate can yield three Power procs for one cast.

Passive Name: Show Off
Mango's Commentary: Perfect for those teams that just love to crit a lot. Unlike Power, this gives Preparation so it's only good for one attack. Only really applies to the earth branch since it's moot to waste 100% damage on a low base attack like Jabs. Still a good investment, albeit optional.
Mango's Rating: maybe/★★★★★

Passive Name: Locking Pro
Mango's Commentary: You're not going to have high lock, but Iop-Bound is ridiculously powerful in PvP. The ability to stabilize an opponent every other turn can keep enemies that like to move around in check. Definitely primarily a PvP skill, and a must have if that's what you're in to. If you're not, opt for something else.
Mango's Rating: potentially/★★★★★

The Arsenal: Your Spell Levels [YSL]

This is what your spell levels should look like as you're approaching the end. The fire branch you shouldn't raise for resistances until around the late Frigost stage of the game, and absolutely before entering Wabbit Island where many enemies hit in fire.

As for the other two branches, use your best judgment earlier on as to how to level them. Jabs, Shaker, Rocknoceros, and Devastate should almost always be maxed or near maxed. Gutting Gust should usually be 20-40 levels behind them. Everything else should not go over level 30, ever.

- Your fire spell levels should be around 35/34/25/21/21 (for 30% resistances).
- Your earth spells should be around as follows: 136/136/23/23/134.
- Your air spells should be around as follows: 136/28/28/116/30.

*Spell levels taken at character level 135.

Assassin for Dummies: How to Play [HTP]

WORK IN PROGRESS.

Epic DPT: Mango's Final Notes [MFN]

It's a stupidly fun and efficient build. You can put up consistently higher damage better than really any other class. It really takes advantage of backstab however for the most part it is really limited to close ranged combat. Rocknoceros and Devastate only have decent DPT compared to how much you can get with Jabs or Shaker.

It's definitely the hardest of the hybrid combinations to gear up well. But it makes up for it by having little to no weaknesses. Literally the only class that has a consistent chance to beat me is Ecaflip. And obviously that comes down to the pure mechanics of their class, luck.

Mochi gets a special mention for being a Pandawa that can go toe-to-toe against me and beat me, to this record, 33% of the time (better than most peoples' 0% win rate).

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - November 14, 2013, 21:18:01.
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-03-01
posté November 14, 2013, 06:42:42 | #2
This looks super fun, I've always wanted to pick up and build an Iop.

Great solid guide--Though I must ask, how'd you gear your Iop to get 12 AP? My Eni used to run an 11 Ap build but I had to get that 11th AP by using a Satisfaction ring which really sucks because of the MP. Is there more gear at higher levels that gives AP?

posté November 14, 2013, 06:54:47 | #3

Quote (Bulbasheep @ 14 November 2013 06:42) *
This looks super fun, I've always wanted to pick up and build an Iop.

Great solid guide--Though I must ask, how'd you gear your Iop to get 12 AP? My Eni used to run an 11 Ap build but I had to get that 11th AP by using a Satisfaction ring which really sucks because of the MP. Is there more gear at higher levels that gives AP?

2 AP statted, 1 AP from cloak, 1 AP from weapon, 1 AP from amulet, 1 AP from Satisfaction Ring. Ideally the only Relics that this would work well with for me are either Gelano or Powerful Dazzling Belt. Gelano is essentially Satisfaction Ring without the repercussions of -1 MP and -100 HP. Powerful Dazzling Belt would let me drop the Satisfaction Ring to use Seal of Wisdom and gain 184 HP, 1 MP, 23% dual damage, 10 initiative, 9% CH damage, and 6 wisdom. Solomonk has no HP and resist making it purely an offensive helmet whereas this build also focuses on defense as well.

Alternatively Genetically Modified Epaulettes and Woboots are other external sources of AP but I find their other stats otherwise a little lackluster. They can boast noticeably higher damages because of reaching 10 or 12 AP with one less AP statted but they lack strong defenses that Dragon Pig or Empelol equipment could otherwise provide.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - November 14, 2013, 06:57:23.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté November 14, 2013, 17:34:21 | #4
Iop damnit Mango, you know I love you.
But you have a hell of a lot to learn about rock and r-

No one is going to get that reference. Anyway, I was hoping you would make an air/earth Iop guide, but there are a few things I think you can improve here:

First and foremost, not everyone is over lv100 with all the characteristic and specialty points they would need to have your build. If I were a complete newbie and I looked at this guide all I can do is look up to everything you have and can do, crying myself to sleep knowing that a star in the sky is my only guidance through a desert covered in glass shards. While crawling through it on my stomach. While completely naked.

Exploring potential use of elemental and specialty spells.

I agree Impact could be more useful, but with its area of effect it can be more powerful than Jabs (16 damage per AP on a single target compared to 13 damage per AP per target which can hit up to 4 targets at once). Impact and Devastate both have chances to cause MP loss. Flurry gives you the Aerial state which can give a small damage bonus to your next air spell used. Flurry has half the cost of Jabs so it has a doubled crit chance. Shaker has higher base damage than Jabs per AP spent, the same attack mechanic (damages a target adjacent to you) but because Jabs can be cast twice with the same amount of AP it costs to cast Shaker once it has a doubled chance to crit in comparison.

Defensive Stance can be used while the Iop is standing between friend and foe to block line of sight and tank. If your equipment gives a lot of block you can be a great tank and discourage enemies from directly attacking. Bravery Standard gives +50% damage to all allies within the glyph for their whole turn, gives the Iop +50 Preparation for your upcoming turn, and with a 12AP build you can use Shaker + Devastate + Bravery Standard.

The bonus health from Virility is based on your own max health, so ranking it while your health is lower will have less effects; but if you rank it later it will give you more health. Compulsion is a static damage bonus which can be compared to Authority and Show Off: Compulsion gives less but is always in effect, Authority can proc multiple times per attack by using an area of effect (Devastate, Impact), and Show Off is only useful while in a party. The levels of Preparation gained from Show Off and the levels of Preparation from Bravery Standard stack. Locking Pro works well with Bravery Standard to force enemies to dodge roll, since the former stabilizes you.

Not everyone knows what that spell level bit means. Anyone not at or above your level will know what to do with that information. If I were still sliding around naked in that desert of broken glass, too low level to have extra spell experience to spare for extra resists, am I supposed to follow what you say anyway and spread my spell experience all over the place? And why are there two fire branches (looking at the numbers the second one is probably supposed to say air)?

Are new players supposed to care about PvP? All this guidance only leads to fighting Ecaflips and Pandawas? What about Iops who want to fight alongside other players instead of against them? How can we help other classes in battle other than punching things in the gut?

I want to like this guide but it focuses on endgame. What about all the Iops not at endgame? Are they supposed to magically gain a hundred levels and the highest value equipment by scratching their buttocks?

posté November 14, 2013, 21:07:26 | #5
To be honest, the build I run isn't very effective until the endgame. The earliest an earth/air character can even really exist efficiently is Vampyro set, and that isn't until the mid-90s. I don't expect a newbie to run this build at all. A 12 AP build without a Relic usually requires really good gear to work.

That being said, this is why this guide is labeled as my particular build, as opposed to a general earth/air Iop guide. This is how my Iop is built for people who want to try to emulate it, whether they have access to Dragon Pig gear, Empelol gear, or are scraping by with Sage/Initiate gear. I very seldom see air/earth Iop and I've never seen another 12 AP one.

Your commentary has a lot of valid points in general, but most of it in the grade of this build is moot.

There's literally no room to take Impact unless you drop one of the other three earth spells, or else it takes up too much spell XP. Balancing spell XP evenly is also extremely inefficient as far as mastery goes and you'd suffer a huge reduction in both damage percentage and base. Grading spells by AP cost increasing likelihood to crit also doesn't matter when there's next to no crit in this build no matter what gear you take up. When you're a damage build and not a crit build you think to yourself, "Well I should make my non-crit as strong as possible, and if I happen to crit it'll be a nice surprise". Flurry is only really useful as a Power builder. Once you're at max Power and if you don't intend to stun with it, Jabs has 3.5 higher base per AP at 130 and Shaker has 5 higher base/AP. Does taking Flurry lend to a bit more versatility and is it viable? Yes. Would I personally take it? Probably not.

This guide was probably written up in half an hour. There's a lot to expand on it, like an equipment index that I scrapped around the same time I scrapped it for the air/fire Xelor guide. Or how to actually play the class, since interestingly enough it's only slightly more complex than Jump + Shaker + Shaker + D-Stance.

I'll get around to it eventually, though I am in no rush. I appreciate your feedback nonetheless, and used some of it to edit a few pieces of the guide with slightly more detail. However as you said, I expect any Iop attempting to pursue as 12 AP earth/air Iop to be well aware of the class' mechanics inside and out.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - November 14, 2013, 21:19:03.
Reason for edit : Credit where credit is due.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-09
posté November 29, 2013, 05:05:18 | #6
Cool build, wish you were still on nox. I'd like to see it in action

-Neosprings

posté December 02, 2013, 22:21:21 | #7
I'm going to start uploading videos of pick-up PvP we do in Dathura. Could see some high level gameplay of the build in it.

Here's the first one.

• Mango

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-09-02
posté December 11, 2013, 14:43:16 | #8
Hi Mango and everybody,i saw you guys familiar with Iop so i want to ask something about earth Iop.

I want to play earth Iop in OBT in APAC server and decide to level some air branch in "Gutting Gust"
everything look great I focus on "Shaker" and "Devastate" and special skill to gap closer is 'Jump' not 'Flatten'.

But when i said it to my friend.He said I should level 'Judgement' in Fire Branch too for PVE with some class that have 6 MP to runaway from me and with their push spell and skill and I will have SIP to gap closer when i can't use "Charge" in some situation.

What he said sound reasonable in some perspective, but i feel it's not really necessary. I don't know how to explain reason to make him understand.

Some may say it's my Iop I can play what i want but i love to make my team happy with what i am too
so we can play wakfu happily.

Can you guys show me the reason why i don't have to use "Judgement" for Earth Iop or its better to not have "Judgement"?

Or it's better to have "Judgement"? you can show the reason too. i'd love to hear your opinion

This post has been edited by Lytekung - December 11, 2013, 14:44:33.
posté December 11, 2013, 21:26:33 | #9
Well... Judgment is kind of a fire Iop's skill. So unless you're an earth Iop that wants to hybridize into fire, it has literally no use for you.

As far as Super Iop Punch, it's a utility skill. You can't spam it on the same enemy efficiently and the base damage isn't something to fawn over. I would never level Super Iop Punch even if I was pure fire.

If you want a good ranged skill because you're afraid of being kited, just take Rocknoceros. That's all the range you should ever need, plus it does not require line of sight.

• Mango

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-04-27
posté December 11, 2013, 21:27:00 | #10
I'm no expert as Earth/Air Iop, but was told recently also that I need to level 1 fire spell. Mainly so I could melt the armor off some mobs before attacking them.

I also would like to hear about what Mango thinks on this. My best guess its a mainly situational thing, where the main fire damage dealer cannot get to the mob that's nearest you for a few turns. In which case its best to have that 1 fire spell you can get started on them with.

This post has been edited by OttiGB - December 11, 2013, 21:27:37.
Reason for edit : Overlapping responce
posté December 11, 2013, 21:52:53 | #11
You're thinking of Polar Cracklers. Having a fire spell leveled does not affect how much armor you melt off. It's based off of how much AP, MP, and WP you use when attacking that monster family with fire spells.

That being said, the spells don't have to be leveled. You just need to have them handy specifically when fighting that monster family.

• Mango

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-09-02
posté December 12, 2013, 03:54:49 | #12
Thanks Mango

my friend ask if it wroth to Judgment 2 times when start for make it easier for earth Iop to do combat in next turn?

posté December 12, 2013, 04:17:23 | #13
If we're still talking about the Polar Crackler family yes. It's always worth melting off the enemy's armor before starting combat. Besides for brutal resistances, their states usually emit other harmful debuffs that can make your time fighting them miserable.

• Mango

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-04-22
posté December 12, 2013, 05:31:53 | #14
Uhh as a new player id like to know where to level and what equipment to wear.
Any recommendations?

posté December 12, 2013, 14:16:25 | #15
Before you begin:

- Obtain Makabracards. These are the easiest and most efficient AP weapons to obtain early on. They grow in strength as you do, but cap out at 100 where they'll finally give you AP. They are important because they offer decent stats for a beginner while being one-handed.

- Keep your trapper profession level near your own. This will allow you to be self-sufficient while hunting/grinding without being forced to re-locate because of mobs going extinct.

In the beginning:

- Start off as pure air early on. Earth is too expensive spell cost-wise, and the low combos of air allow for a shallow learning curve for beginners. At level 30, you'll receive a respec quest. Use it as an opportunity to get as high a level as you can for the next two days. The quest expires after two days, so you can stay air during this time and switch to air/earth once you submit the quest. You'll want to get to at least 40 so you can maybe wear the Imperial Shin Larva set after you respec.

Gear Progression:

• Tofu set (lv. 14) - From fighting Tofu. You may want two since you have a water Enutrof as well (lv. 14 set)
• Imperial Shin Larva set (lv. 40) - From the Astrub Larva Dungeon (lv. 40 set). First AP set and offers great damage for its level. The dungeon is pretty decent XP as well.
• Ancestral Treechnid set (lv. 65) or Infernal set (lv. 68) - The latter offers more damage per piece as well as higher wisdom. The former's dungeon offers much better XP. However you can also get Cloudy Cotton while hunting for the Infernal set - a very valuable resource. The Infernal set also offers nearly double the wisdom of the Ancestral Treechnid set.
• Ratical set (lv. 83) - Dropped from Monastery Rat dungeon. Good air/earth damage.
• Apprentice set (lv. 100) - Crafted from various materials of earlier areas. Extremely good set and will last you until the near endgame. Craft everything but the shield.
• Bloodthirsty Dagger (lv. 105) - Legendary drop from Milkar the Moowolf. Endgame off-hand weapon for air/earth characters.
• Sage set (lv. 135) - Crafting everything of this set except for the shield, amulet, epaulettes, and breastplate. Endgame general damage gear.
• Victoly Amulet (lv. 135) - Mythic drop from Emperor Empelol. Endgame air/earth amulet.
• Empelol set (lv. 143) - Endgame items that will replace your epaulettes and breastplate.
• Powerful Dazzling Belt (lv. 125) - Relic item. Last thing to hunt for. Allows you to go 12 AP without statting the second AP or using a Ring of Satisfaction.

Leveling Progression:

• Astrub quests to level 8. Pick a nation, get 10 CP by doing professions in areas that are unbalanced to get your nation bonus.
• Gobballs to 12 or so.
• Farm Tofu for Tofu set. You'll likely be 20 to 25 by the time you complete two sets. Do environmental challenges as you go along.
• Spam the Astrub Larva Dungeon to 40. Hopefully you can get an Imperial Shin Larva set along the way. Respec with Jabs, Shaker, Devastate, and Rocknoceros maxed out. Dump remaining points into Gutting Gust. Stat an AP. With the set in tow, you'll be 8 AP, allowing for the most basic double Shaker earth combo. Don't leave this place until you get that set.
• Start leveling at Calamar Island. Pirates are pretty easy. I believe the environmental quests start at 50, but I'm not sure.
• At 55 the quest at Wild Estate should trigger. Do it, it's good XP and has okay rewards. The mobs here are also good XP and most likely better than Calamar. Stick around here until level 65 or so.
• From here you can start hunting for your Infernal set. You'll need a team to take on the Celestial Gobball at this stage of the game. After you have that set, you can level off of the Treechnid Dungeon until 75 to 80.
• If your trapper has been keeping up, head to the Messaround Monastery and kill the double Monk mobs in the beginning s-strip area of this island. Planting mobs in this particular zone of the map only spawns double Monk mobs. They're easy to kill and offer good XP. Do the challenges too, of course.
• Run the Monastery Rat dungeon and obtain a Ratical set. This set will last you until 100.
• Around 90 head to Forfut and grind challenges there. Do this until 100.
• At 100 head to Frigost and do the entire Frigost questline. It should yield 3 to 4 levels, unless they've changed the quest XP.
• Farm materials for your Apprentice set. Also start running Moowolf for a Bloodthirsty dagger. Once you've completed your Apprentice set, it's Frigost until 120. The challenges in each zone will offer pretty good XP. You're going to want a party though.
• 120 begin farming Lenalds. Hopefully in a party to start collecting Relic fragments, but predominantly to gather Lenald Tails and Lenald Dungeon keys for your endgame stuff.
• Lenalds are good to level on until 140, the level cap. Craft the sage pieces detailed above and run Empelol Dungeon and get the last things you need.

Pretty vague, but a general direction I guess.

• Mango

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-04-22
posté December 12, 2013, 18:31:50 | #16
You sir, are an angel. Thank you so much!

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-10-22
posté December 18, 2013, 16:36:33 | #17
Could you add a wakfu elements character build with all the equipment for the current build you are using?

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-12-02
posté December 21, 2013, 16:34:39 | #18

Quote (Kakenshu @ 14 November 2013 17:34) *

No one is going to get that reference. Anyway, I was hoping you would make an air/earth Iop guide, but there are a few things I think you can improve here:

First and foremost, not everyone is over lv100 with all the characteristic and specialty points they would need to have your build. If I were a complete newbie and I looked at this guide all I can do is look up to everything you have and can do, crying myself to sleep knowing that a star in the sky is my only guidance through a desert covered in glass shards. While crawling through it on my stomach. While completely naked.

I agree Impact could be more useful, but with its area of effect it can be more powerful than Jabs (16 damage per AP on a single target compared to 13 damage per AP per target which can hit up to 4 targets at once). Impact and Devastate both have chances to cause MP loss. Flurry gives you the Aerial state which can give a small damage bonus to your next air spell used. Flurry has half the cost of Jabs so it has a doubled crit chance. Shaker has higher base damage than Jabs per AP spent, the same attack mechanic (damages a target adjacent to you) but because Jabs can be cast twice with the same amount of AP it costs to cast Shaker once it has a doubled chance to crit in comparison.

Defensive Stance can be used while the Iop is standing between friend and foe to block line of sight and tank. If your equipment gives a lot of block you can be a great tank and discourage enemies from directly attacking. Bravery Standard gives +50% damage to all allies within the glyph for their whole turn, gives the Iop +50 Preparation for your upcoming turn, and with a 12AP build you can use Shaker + Devastate + Bravery Standard.

The bonus health from Virility is based on your own max health, so ranking it while your health is lower will have less effects; but if you rank it later it will give you more health. Compulsion is a static damage bonus which can be compared to Authority and Show Off: Compulsion gives less but is always in effect, Authority can proc multiple times per attack by using an area of effect (Devastate, Impact), and Show Off is only useful while in a party. The levels of Preparation gained from Show Off and the levels of Preparation from Bravery Standard stack. Locking Pro works well with Bravery Standard to force enemies to dodge roll, since the former stabilizes you.

Not everyone knows what that spell level bit means. Anyone not at or above your level will know what to do with that information. If I were still sliding around naked in that desert of broken glass, too low level to have extra spell experience to spare for extra resists, am I supposed to follow what you say anyway and spread my spell experience all over the place? And why are there two fire branches (looking at the numbers the second one is probably supposed to say air)?

Are new players supposed to care about PvP? All this guidance only leads to fighting Ecaflips and Pandawas? What about Iops who want to fight alongside other players instead of against them? How can we help other classes in battle other than punching things in the gut?

I want to like this guide but it focuses on endgame. What about all the Iops not at endgame? Are they supposed to magically gain a hundred levels and the highest value equipment by scratching their buttocks?
That's not how math works btw. Using a 2ap spell at 25% crit twice is still 25%. It's a reroll each time you use a spell, crit doesn't add up.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-12-02
posté February 24, 2014, 04:47:47 | #19
hey so what I'm confused about is your skills. So Jabs and Shaker which one? or both? I don't see a point in leveling up both. For more dmg Shakers really nice but Jabs are strong as well and also stacks up chances for POWER. Wouldn't it be better just to use one since they are pretty much the same.

Short Strich * Member Since 2010-06-09
posté February 25, 2014, 11:44:38 | #20
Hello Mango! Can I ask you to verify my build?

Click here

Quote (thirdwheel @ 21 December 2013 16:34) *

Quote (Kakenshu @ 14 November 2013 17:34) *

That's not how math works btw. Using a 2ap spell at 25% crit twice is still 25%. It's a reroll each time you use a spell, crit doesn't add up.

Dude!..... Dude! You're right it's simple math, but you still have 50% chance as he stated.
Technically, if you've had 25% chance to crit pr. hit and you could hit 4 times. Then technically you'll have 100% chance to crit once! and still have 25% chance to crit 4 times

Won't go any further in to this subject, since my english is not good enough to explain the algebra in Math.