So you think you have what it takes to be a masq? While it isn’t all that hard, there are some ground rules that are a must for the class. So instead of sitting around talking, how about we get started on the basics of the class?
Alright,there are four things that have to be taken into account with this class. They are as follows;
Critical Hit Damage
Each one of the listed items above are of the utmost importance to the class no matter the build. However for a Tri-Elemental Masq,you will have to incorporate all for key items into you over build.
There are four passive specialties that are needed as well as four active that are needed, but even though they are needed doesn’t mean that they will all be leveled. In either case the specialties are as follows;
Burst of Wakfu
Finally you have three element branches that the class is based on, Water, Fire, and lastly Air. Water is a healing/support/damage branch, Fire is an AoE (Area of Effect)/Solo play (mostly)/Major burst damage (from crits), and Air is a map positioning/push back branch which realize heavily on Critical Hits and Critical Hit Damage.
Alright,chances are you are leveling solo and are relatively new to Wakfu. What I am about to say is arguable, but the Fire branch is the best branch to use in solo leveling even if most will say that it is not the best.
- Level’s 1-10; may go by pretty fast and in saying so you are not going to want to worry about gear to much, but it would be wise to invest in a Adventurer Set with a Wodent Ring, Breastplate of Destiny, and Epaulettes of Destiny.As for a weapon, go for what you can get you hands on because it doesn’t matter this early in level. Also at this time you get to have a taste of each branch,and start deciding which two of the three you would like to main, and which one of the three will be the support. With that being said, it isn't a pressing issue right now so don't sweat. As for what skills to level for now you’re going level Mask Master till it is maxed, this won't be till level 21 and put points into the HP stat.
- Level’s 11-20; is when you are going to be able to start working towards a Gobball Set and the left over Adventurer Amulet with your weapon of choice. Why a Gobball Set you ask? Well it is simple really. While this set doesn’t cover what this class needs as a whole, nor the other two branches, this is quite alright. You’re going to need the extra AP, the extra HP, as well as the extra fire power for the Fire branch. At level 21, Mask Master should be maxed and you should start with Artful Dodger.
- Level’s 21-30; here is when you should have already maxed out Mask Master. So now that Mask master is maxed out, you now have a permanent +40 Dodge, +40% Critical Hit Damage, and a +10% Heal Per Creature Killed. With the 9 levels you should have in Artful Dodger, you should be feeling the effects of Mask Master in both your damage and you healing from killing creatures. Reason being, 30% of your dodge is used for both damage and heals. The cap out for damage being converted this way is 100%, so that is a dodge level of 330 in your stats. But this isn’t the case for heals, so don't worry. Now for your gear, this is decided after you go and respec. At level 30 you get a free respec for every character you create. You should have a good ideal what you want to main, and what to support with. Here is a set line up for Fire/Air/Water, Here is a set line up for Water/Fire/Air, and lastly Here is a set line up for Air/Water/Fire. As for you spells, you are going to want two spells each from two branches and one spell from the last branch. All other spells are to be looked at as extra play toys. After you respec, save your stat points till after you hit level 31. When you hit level 31, put all your points into getting a AP, you'll need it.
Alright at level 30, as stated before, you have your one and only free respec (unlessAnkama gives one out) so it is wise to use it wisely. What is above is only meant to be a rough guide for the levels 1-30 when it comes to gear and everything there after. Reason being, while I play a Tri-Element Masq, my main two are Fire and Water with the support of Air. So I can give a more accurate assessment of gear with that setup rather than the other two. However,MiniMikeh may be able to help with Water/Air/Fire gear, because he/she plays a Water/Air Masq.
As for Fire/Air/Water I am pretty sure that there are some people who are able to help out gear wise. But specialization for all there builds follow the same path, so everything is covered in that regard.Everything after Level 30 be looking for gear with dodge and general damage,this is a must. For those who decide to main Air, you too are looking for dodge and general damage, but as well as A LOT of Critical hits.
If you are one for having a pet, the must have pet for this build (and the class period in my opinion) is a Tuffy Tofu. The dodge it gives is extremely helpful in the quest for dodge.
Active Specializations are a bit tricky for a Tri build and this is because you have to know what you are going to main, and what going to support. So you have to main two in the Tri build and have one for support, right? Yes and No. Yes because two will be your main damage dealing branches, and no because you will max or come close to maxing one of the two main branches and only level the second main to level 3 while your support is not going to be leveled at all.Why would you do something like this?
Because while yes you are having two mains and one support, you are really having one main and two supports. A bit confusing, yet not at the same time because with this build, you have to be able to REALLY react to any given situation within any combat match.
Your set that you collected for level 30 should last you till level 62, with some modifications where you see fit. But any mods to the set should only bring in more dodge, and NEVER take away any dodge. If it doesn’t give dodge, or a considerable amount of damage to the two main branches you chose at level 30,then it isn’t worth getting.
In this level gap level 41 Artful dodger should be maxed, level 42 you start to max Masked Spirit, then after it is maxed start to max your First main(If it is Fire, Level 6 is good enough any higher and you will burn out to fast.). Then your second main should be brought to level 3. Also Save you Stat points from Level 30 all the way to level 62.
Artful Dodger-Level 10
- Level’s 60-70; you’re nearly to level 100, congratulations! Now those points that you should have saved up for your Stats should amount up to 145, and you will finally get to spend those points. You’re going to want to spend 100 point on the MP Stat, and then spend 40 points on the Kit Skill Stat. The Kit Skill Stat will allow you to wear gear above your level, up to +10 levels from the Stat itself. Here is a recommended set for all three choices for the Tri-Elemental build. The Weapon isn’t a must, in fact I personally suggest going for a weapon of your choice. Assuming that Masked Spirit is maxed at level 59, it is time to start leveling you masks.
- Level’s 70-90; alright, with in this gap you will be getting several things done. One, having almost all of you specializations finished (by level 90’s you should be started on leveling Burst of Wakfu.) Two, you have maxed out the Kit Skill stat. Three, you are collecting (and wearing) your gear for level 90+. The suggested gear for around early 90’s is here. After maxing out Kit Skill start dumping all of you stat points into dodge till you max it out. Also, if this wasn’t done before hand, go run the tofu dung for the achievement. It will give you +5 permanent dodge.
Stats for levels 32-51:
100 ability points
Specializations for levels 32-51:
By level 41 Artful dodger should be maxed
Levels 42-51 you should have started leveling Masked Spirit
Stats for levels 51-60:
145 ability points
Use 140 points on:
+4 Kit Skill
5 ability points remain
Specializations for levels 51-60:
Masked Spirit-Maxed at level 59
Stats for level 60-90
+4 Kit Skill
155 points remain
Use 154 points on:
+6 Kit Skill
1 ability point remains
Specializations for levels 60-90 (with a glimpse of level 100)
- Mask Master-Maxed at level 21
- Artful Dodger-Maxed at level 41
- Masked Spirit-Maxed at level 59
- First Mask-Level 66 you should have a level 5 mask (leave it there if fire or go one level higher but don't max.) Level 77 the mask should be maxed.
- Second Mask-Level 80 the mask should be at level 3 (level 69 of first mask is at level 5.)
- Charade-Level 100 is when this should be maxed if you maxed your first mask, while level 89 is when it should be maxed if you leveled your first mask to level 5. Level 91 for a level 6 mask.
- Burst of Wakfu-By level 100 this ability should be level 11, for those who leveled their mask to level 5. Level 0 for those who maxed their first mask and level 9 for those who level their masks to level 6
- Level’s 90-100+; assuming you haven’t started leveling Burst of Wakfu in your early to late 90’s, it is best for you to do so now. Also congrats for reaching level 100, you’ve made it! Here is a close copy of the set I’m running, in the end I am topping with my dodge at 258, Crits at 20, and heals at 83.
Any update or changes to the guide will be posted ASAP with a smile of some sort next to it. Request for any information to be added to the guide please Ankabox me with the request.
This post has been edited by DragonPods - January 19, 2017, 01:11:46.