Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

[Guide] Tri-Elemental Masq Level 1-100 Build Guide
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2006-06-10
posté November 27, 2013, 08:34:51 | #1
[Guide] Tri-Elemental Masq Level 1-100 Build Guide
The Basics

So you think you have what it takes to be a masq? While it isn’t all that hard, there are some ground rules that are a must for the class. So instead of sitting around talking, how about we get started on the basics of the class?

Alright,there are four things that have to be taken into account with this class. They are as follows;

Dodge
Critical hit(s)
Critical Hit Damage
Heals

Each one of the listed items above are of the utmost importance to the class no matter the build. However for a Tri-Elemental Masq,you will have to incorporate all for key items into you over build.

There are four passive specialties that are needed as well as four active that are needed, but even though they are needed doesn’t mean that they will all be leveled. In either case the specialties are as follows;

Active:

Psychopath Mask(fire)
Classic Mask(Air)
Coward Mask(Water)
Masked Spirit

Passive:

Mask Master
Artful Dodger
Burst of Wakfu
Charade

Finally you have three element branches that the class is based on, Water, Fire, and lastly Air. Water is a healing/support/damage branch, Fire is an AoE (Area of Effect)/Solo play (mostly)/Major burst damage (from crits), and Air is a map positioning/push back branch which realize heavily on Critical Hits and Critical Hit Damage.

Level 1-30

Alright,chances are you are leveling solo and are relatively new to Wakfu. What I am about to say is arguable, but the Fire branch is the best branch to use in solo leveling even if most will say that it is not the best.

• Level’s 1-10; may go by pretty fast and in saying so you are not going to want to worry about gear to much, but it would be wise to invest in a Adventurer Set with a Wodent Ring, Breastplate of Destiny, and Epaulettes of Destiny.As for a weapon, go for what you can get you hands on because it doesn’t matter this early in level. Also at this time you get to have a taste of each branch,and start deciding which two of the three you would like to main, and which one of the three will be the support. With that being said, it isn't a pressing issue right now so don't sweat. As for what skills to level for now you’re going level Mask Master till it is maxed, this won't be till level 21 and put points into the HP stat.

• Level’s 11-20; is when you are going to be able to start working towards a Gobball Set and the left over Adventurer Amulet with your weapon of choice. Why a Gobball Set you ask? Well it is simple really. While this set doesn’t cover what this class needs as a whole, nor the other two branches, this is quite alright. You’re going to need the extra AP, the extra HP, as well as the extra fire power for the Fire branch. At level 21, Mask Master should be maxed and you should start with Artful Dodger.

• Level’s 21-30; here is when you should have already maxed out Mask Master. So now that Mask master is maxed out, you now have a permanent +40 Dodge, +40% Critical Hit Damage, and a +10% Heal Per Creature Killed. With the 9 levels you should have in Artful Dodger, you should be feeling the effects of Mask Master in both your damage and you healing from killing creatures. Reason being, 30% of your dodge is used for both damage and heals. The cap out for damage being converted this way is 100%, so that is a dodge level of 330 in your stats. But this isn’t the case for heals, so don't worry. Now for your gear, this is decided after you go and respec. At level 30 you get a free respec for every character you create. You should have a good ideal what you want to main, and what to support with. Here is a set line up for Fire/Air/Water, Here is a set line up for Water/Fire/Air, and lastly Here is a set line up for Air/Water/Fire. As for you spells, you are going to want two spells each from two branches and one spell from the last branch. All other spells are to be looked at as extra play toys. After you respec, save your stat points till after you hit level 31. When you hit level 31, put all your points into getting a AP, you'll need it.

Break Time.

Alright at level 30, as stated before, you have your one and only free respec (unlessAnkama gives one out) so it is wise to use it wisely. What is above is only meant to be a rough guide for the levels 1-30 when it comes to gear and everything there after. Reason being, while I play a Tri-Element Masq, my main two are Fire and Water with the support of Air. So I can give a more accurate assessment of gear with that setup rather than the other two. However,MiniMikeh may be able to help with Water/Air/Fire gear, because he/she plays a Water/Air Masq.

As for Fire/Air/Water I am pretty sure that there are some people who are able to help out gear wise. But specialization for all there builds follow the same path, so everything is covered in that regard.Everything after Level 30 be looking for gear with dodge and general damage,this is a must. For those who decide to main Air, you too are looking for dodge and general damage, but as well as A LOT of Critical hits.

If you are one for having a pet, the must have pet for this build (and the class period in my opinion) is a Tuffy Tofu. The dodge it gives is extremely helpful in the quest for dodge.

Active Specializations are a bit tricky for a Tri build and this is because you have to know what you are going to main, and what going to support. So you have to main two in the Tri build and have one for support, right? Yes and No. Yes because two will be your main damage dealing branches, and no because you will max or come close to maxing one of the two main branches and only level the second main to level 3 while your support is not going to be leveled at all.Why would you do something like this?

Because while yes you are having two mains and one support, you are really having one main and two supports. A bit confusing, yet not at the same time because with this build, you have to be able to REALLY react to any given situation within any combat match.

Your set that you collected for level 30 should last you till level 62, with some modifications where you see fit. But any mods to the set should only bring in more dodge, and NEVER take away any dodge. If it doesn’t give dodge, or a considerable amount of damage to the two main branches you chose at level 30,then it isn’t worth getting.

In this level gap level 41 Artful dodger should be maxed, level 42 you start to max Masked Spirit, then after it is maxed start to max your First main(If it is Fire, Level 6 is good enough any higher and you will burn out to fast.). Then your second main should be brought to level 3. Also Save you Stat points from Level 30 all the way to level 62.

Recap

Level 1-31

Things that should be leveling for specializations and what stats should be where;

Stats:

+1ap

Specializations:

Masked Master-MAXED
Artful Dodger-Level 10

Level 60-100

• Level’s 60-70; you’re nearly to level 100, congratulations! Now those points that you should have saved up for your Stats should amount up to 145, and you will finally get to spend those points. You’re going to want to spend 100 point on the MP Stat, and then spend 40 points on the Kit Skill Stat. The Kit Skill Stat will allow you to wear gear above your level, up to +10 levels from the Stat itself. Here is a recommended set for all three choices for the Tri-Elemental build. The Weapon isn’t a must, in fact I personally suggest going for a weapon of your choice. Assuming that Masked Spirit is maxed at level 59, it is time to start leveling you masks.
  • Level’s 70-90; alright, with in this gap you will be getting several things done. One, having almost all of you specializations finished (by level 90’s you should be started on leveling Burst of Wakfu.) Two, you have maxed out the Kit Skill stat. Three, you are collecting (and wearing) your gear for level 90+. The suggested gear for around early 90’s is here. After maxing out Kit Skill start dumping all of you stat points into dodge till you max it out. Also, if this wasn’t done before hand, go run the tofu dung for the achievement. It will give you +5 permanent dodge.
Break time and Recap

Level 32-90
A lot of things were listed that had to be done within this time frame, and I would like to take the time to break it down for you, and give as close to the levels as possible. A word of warning, it is possible that I am off by a few levels depending on how you've leveled your first mask. If you chose to max it, please post what level you were/are when you have completely maxed it so I can update it here in the guide.

Stats for levels 32-51:

100 ability points

Specializations for levels 32-51:

By level 41 Artful dodger should be maxed
Levels 42-51 you should have started leveling Masked Spirit

Stats for levels 51-60:

145 ability points

Use 140 points on:
+1 Mp
+4 Kit Skill

5 ability points remain

Specializations for levels 51-60:

Mask Master-Maxed
Artful Dodger-Maxed
Masked Spirit-Maxed at level 59

Stats for level 60-90

+1 Ap
+1 Mp
+4 Kit Skill
155 points remain

Use 154 points on:
+6 Kit Skill
+47 Dodge

1 ability point remains

Specializations for levels 60-90 (with a glimpse of level 100)

• Mask Master-Maxed at level 21
  • Artful Dodger-Maxed at level 41
  • Masked Spirit-Maxed at level 59
  • First Mask-Level 66 you should have a level 5 mask (leave it there if fire or go one level higher but don't max.) Level 77 the mask should be maxed.
  • Second Mask-Level 80 the mask should be at level 3 (level 69 of first mask is at level 5.)
  • Charade-Level 100 is when this should be maxed if you maxed your first mask, while level 89 is when it should be maxed if you leveled your first mask to level 5. Level 91 for a level 6 mask.
  • Burst of Wakfu-By level 100 this ability should be level 11, for those who leveled their mask to level 5. Level 0 for those who maxed their first mask and level 9 for those who level their masks to level 6
Final levels
  • Level’s 90-100+; assuming you haven’t started leveling Burst of Wakfu in your early to late 90’s, it is best for you to do so now. Also congrats for reaching level 100, you’ve made it! Here is a close copy of the set I’m running, in the end I am topping with my dodge at 258, Crits at 20, and heals at 83.

Any update or changes to the guide will be posted ASAP with a smile of some sort next to it. Request for any information to be added to the guide please Ankabox me with the request.

~Kamillia

This post has been edited by DragonPods - December 03, 2013, 22:15:23.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-11-26
posté November 27, 2013, 13:01:32 | #2
i am new in wakfu... and i want to create a tri element masq too.. my question is. is it ok if my abilities are Dodge(Main) and then Balancing the Health points and Critical hits?

posté November 27, 2013, 16:38:16 | #3

Quote (AUWIL @ 27 November 2013 13:01) *
i am new in wakfu... and i want to create a tri element masq too.. my question is. is it ok if my abilities are Dodge(Main) and then Balancing the Health points and Critical hits?

First and foremost, Welcome to wakfu. I hope you are finding the game to your liking.

Second, Early in the game(after your respec and BEFORE getting the vital mp and ap) no it is not ok. However after getting the mp and ap, while also maxing out dodge after the ap and mp. Its is definitely ok to balance your stat points between Health Points and Critical hit.

Reason(s)

1. No matter the build, each needs some critical hits. Mono and dual builds. Tri Builds however need at least a +25% Critical Hit base. Which would allow us to hit 1/4 times with a critical hit.
  2. Health Points, the more the merrier.
  3. Why? Because when we are able to last late into the match we do rather threatening damage to the opponents life points.
  4. Furthermore from my few testings with pvp, with a HP base of 1,449 at level 98 going up against a level 110+ Air Masq and bringing him down to 400 hp before he killed me, I'd say anyone playing this build is a bit foolish to not invest in Health Points and Critical Hits.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-11-26
posté November 28, 2013, 08:24:26 | #4
so.. that means.. dodge(100%) then crit (25%) and all will be at HP? is ok?

and respec means Re Stat right? when could i get it?

posté November 28, 2013, 09:16:01 | #5
Correct.

Respec is short for Re-Specialization, and it covers both your specialties as well as you basic stats. (hp, dodge, range, ect.)

At Level 30 is when you get your free respec. Besides this one there are three other ways you could obtain a respec.

1. A free respec from the Dev's due to drastic changes to either the class (Ex. Class Revamp), or overall game play (ex. Equipment Balancing.)
  2. Buying one thru the Boutique shop here
  3. Or lastly thru a rather lengthy quest that is obtained thru Jonk in your Nation's Outpost.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-02-04
posté December 01, 2013, 09:39:23 | #6
hi, i'm french, sorry for my bad english ...
In the french forum we can see that the tri elemental masq is not playable , but you said and you prove the otherwise, i have some questions for you :
* can we see your spell to have an idea about what may be upgraded ?
* are you accepted in magmog, excarnus, milkar , an all that type of mobs ... ( i d'ont know how to say ^^ ) or in big dungeon ?
* I think it's a funny character to play isn't it ?

thanks  

This post has been edited by le-nininoobi - December 01, 2013, 09:40:53.
Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-03-26
posté December 01, 2013, 11:08:19 | #7
Yeah in my opinion 3 ele isn't really that good end game. 2 elemental wind/fire sure if you can get over 500 ele dmg to both elements. I haven't seen that much hybrids tbh and I'm just single elemental water masq.

This post has been edited by MereBytes - December 01, 2013, 11:10:21.
posté December 01, 2013, 22:40:10 | #8

Quote (le-nininoobi @ 01 December 2013 09:39) *
hi, i'm french, sorry for my bad english ...
In the french forum we can see that the tri elemental masq is not playable , but you said and you prove the otherwise, i have some questions for you :
* can we see your spell to have an idea about what may be upgraded ?
* are you accepted in magmog, excarnus, milkar , an all that type of mobs ... ( i d'ont know how to say ^^ ) or in big dungeon ?
* I think it's a funny character to play isn't it ?

thanks

Le-nininoobi,

*My spell levels are as follows: Water- 32/31/90/94/31 Air-31/94/41/43/31 Fire-93/41/93/31/63. With this leveling of my spells, yes it sets me back a bit compared to my counterparts that are mono-element or dual-element. But it also makes me more versatile that the other two builds. To pull off this build, you will have to have Mask Master and Artful Dodger maxed before anything else. As well as to focus on getting gear that gives a lot of dodge.

*Am I accepted, or invited to dungeons of any sort? Yes and no. Yes I am invited to just about any dungeon by guildmates, friends, and the general pop. on the server. As for UB, No. While I have been invited to the Excarnus dung, most people are looking for characters closer to the level of any UB. Which is completely understandable. However, me not being invited to any, or most of the UB's is not because of my build but rather my level.

Quote (MereBytes @ 01 December 2013 11:08) *
Yeah in my opinion 3 ele isn't really that good end game. 2 elemental wind/fire sure if you can get over 500 ele dmg to both elements. I haven't seen that much hybrids tbh and I'm just single elemental water masq.

MereBytes,

In my opinion the Masq class is the one class that has a great foundation for a Tri build. While it is rather complicated to pull off (gear, spell levels, stats, and specs.) it is possible to do. It is also showing signs of being a great end-game build. Do keep in mind that it calls for a lot of T.L.C while you work your way up to that point. In both gear and stats, also it is a situational build. Which calls for a lot of thinking before your turn as well as during and after your turn.

posté December 02, 2013, 07:18:58 | #9
Very useful information, I just started the game (Nox under the same name) and I plan on following this guide. I'll post back with my experiences and opinion from time to time as I go along. Thank you!

Also, I'm just going to note that I don't have Mask Master available as a spell, if it needs to be obtained through progression or by completing a specific quest etc. then how?

This post has been edited by Tsuvian - December 02, 2013, 07:24:45.
posté December 02, 2013, 18:52:24 | #10

Quote (Tsuvian @ 02 December 2013 07:18) *
Very useful information, I just started the game (Nox under the same name) and I plan on following this guide. I'll post back with my experiences and opinion from time to time as I go along. Thank you!

Also, I'm just going to note that I don't have Mask Master available as a spell, if it needs to be obtained through progression or by completing a specific quest etc. then how?

Your welcome, and I will be looking for your future post.

Both of the classes active and passive abilities/spell(s) are unlocked as you level. A simple way of putting it, by level 10 all of your active and passive abilities/spell(s) should be unlocked and able to leveled.

If you hit you (P) key on you keyboard ot should bring up your character page. Then at the bottom of that page should be a blue tab. Click it and it should bring up another page. At the top of it it will say Abilities(you basic stats) and in the middle it should say Specializations(your active and passive abilities/spells).

~Kamillia

posté December 02, 2013, 19:33:03 | #11

Quote (DragonPods @ 01 December 2013 22:40) *

MereBytes,

In my opinion the Masq class is the one class that has a great foundation for a Tri build. While it is rather complicated to pull off (gear, spell levels, stats, and specs.) it is possible to do. It is also showing signs of being a great end-game build. Do keep in mind that it calls for a lot of T.L.C while you work your way up to that point. In both gear and stats, also it is a situational build. Which calls for a lot of thinking before your turn as well as during and after your turn.

Compared to other lvl 100 Masq's (or any other dual or single element class) that already have 450 - 500+ dmg at lvl 100 that can do almost all currently available content at their lvl since they can overcome mobs resists and have decent res, hp themselves too.
I'd say tri elemental build is severely lagging behind.
Even most of the bosses got 300 resists if not more.
Also Masq class is all about crits and 20 CH at lvl 100 is just not going to cut it, you're not going to recover WP as often and fights take alot of Wakfu points.
Also crits almost always double/triple the dmg inflicted.
And critical hit dmg from crit.

I have a question:
Have you tried dual element masq at lvl 100?
Have you tried single element water masq at lvl 100?
If you have and you didn't like them then what didn't you like about them.
Maybe post the builds that you tried too so I can see in which way you went wrong to actually think tri elemental build is better here.

Currently I've seen only dual elemental masq's and there's a reason for that.
- Current ingame gear is mostly dual elemental.
- You need more resist with new islands that are here (Wabbits, Chill)
There's only vamp set that's chromatic atm and it's not that good after lvl 110.

I'm at remignton if someone at lvl 130+ wants to convince me that tri elemental build is better than single or dual elemental build.

~Trachinus Draco

posté December 02, 2013, 20:28:57 | #12

Quote (MereBytes @ 02 December 2013 19:33) *

Quote (DragonPods @ 01 December 2013 22:40) *

MereBytes,

Compared to other lvl 100 Masq's (or any other dual or single element class) that already have 450 - 500+ dmg at lvl 100 that can do almost all currently available content at their lvl since they can overcome mobs resists and have decent res, hp themselves too.
I'd say tri elemental build is severely lagging behind.
Even most of the bosses got 300 resists if not more.
Also Masq class is all about crits and 20 CH at lvl 100 is just not going to cut it, you're not going to recover WP as often and fights take alot of Wakfu points.
Also crits almost always double/triple the dmg inflicted.
And critical hit dmg from crit.

I have a question:
Have you tried dual element masq at lvl 100?
Have you tried single element water masq at lvl 100?
If you have and you didn't like them then what didn't you like about them.
Maybe post the builds that you tried too so I can see in which way you went wrong to actually think tri elemental build is better here.

Currently I've seen only dual elemental masq's and there's a reason for that.
- Current ingame gear is mostly dual elemental.
- You need more resist with new islands that are here (Wabbits, Chill)
There's only vamp set that's chromatic atm and it's not that good after lvl 110.

I'm at remignton if someone at lvl 130+ wants to convince me that tri elemental build is better than single or dual elemental build.

~Trachinus Draco

Trachinus Draco,

I am unsure if you are taking what I said as a aggressive response to your opinion, and if you are than I am sincerely sorry for that. It wasn't meant to come off that way.

Yes while compared to other Level 100 Masq's this build can be seen as lagging behind (mono or dual) because of the fact of those builds having 400-450 dual and 450-500+ mono at the same level. In some cases 450-500, granted you have the kama to spend on the top ranked gear, for a dual build. I would like to know what you are calling decent Hp and Resist at level 100 for dual builds, because while the mono build comes out on top with damage output it is greatly lacking in resist to the other 3 elements. But having 350+ damage to almost all four elements with a bit of lacking on the resist side, I don't see how that can be a problem unless you intend to run a lot of content solo.

Yes most bosses have 300+ resist, and said mobs. However I have yet to have a issue, because of the fact that I team up when I want to do dungeons near my level. As for saying that the class is all about crits, the only build that I seen that calls for a ton of crits is the Mono Air build. In fact you have to go and stat the crits from most people's builds instead of stating dodge. So while the Critical Hits, thru the Critical Hit Damage, is either doubled or tripled. Whether or not someone want to spend the stat points is completely up to the player.

While you may not think I, or anyone else will recover the Wakfu points in a timely manner, is your view point. While I on the other hand rarely use my spells that cost Wakfu points, aside for Masked Spirit or for some fights a level 0 dance of death for the extra 2 ap, so its not a big concern that I obtain more crits right here and now for a faster return of spent wakfu points. You are a bit correct though, 20 crits at level 100 is not ideal but I decided to max out dodge first before even looking at stating any crits.

1. Why yes I have tried a dual build both before level 100 and during. Fire/Air, Water/Air, Fire/Water. I liked all three.
  2. Question for you; Why is it you ask about the water Masq build, is it a build you would like to see All Masq be a part of? However, Yes I did play mono water for a while. Infact it was before I decided what two spells I wanted to put into my build.
  3. They were not as fun, as challenging, or as versatile as this build is.

To say I did something wrong with any other build that I have tried is frankly rude. Furthermore I wasn't informed that there was a right or wrong way of doing any build, but rather a more desired path for said build(s) from/for the rest of the community.

Your views on playable builds, in my view, is so narrow minded. While vamp set may not be ideal after level 110, for most builds of any class, for this build the vamp set will be the base after level 100 to about close to level 120. Reason for this; it provides a lot of the desired stats for this build.

While you are entitled to your own opinion, it is better to first try out something before completely tossing it out of the window.

~Kamillia

P.S.
What is the point anyway of staying in the same gear for 30+ levels unless there is nothing better for you to gear your toon in? Especially after level 100.

This post has been edited by DragonPods - December 02, 2013, 20:32:04.
posté December 02, 2013, 22:57:38 | #13

Quote (DragonPods @ 02 December 2013 20:28) *
Trachinus Draco,

I am unsure if you are taking what I said as a aggressive response to your opinion, and if you are than I am sincerely sorry for that. It wasn't meant to come off that way.

Yes while compared to other Level 100 Masq's this build can be seen as lagging behind (mono or dual) because of the fact of those builds having 400-450 dual and 450-500+ mono at the same level. In some cases 450-500, granted you have the kama to spend on the top ranked gear, for a dual build. I would like to know what you are calling decent Hp and Resist at level 100 for dual builds, because while the mono build comes out on top with damage output it is greatly lacking in resist to the other 3 elements. But having 350+ damage to almost all four elements with a bit of lacking on the resist side, I don't see how that can be a problem unless you intend to run a lot of content solo.

Yes most bosses have 300+ resist, and said mobs. However I have yet to have a issue, because of the fact that I team up when I want to do dungeons near my level. As for saying that the class is all about crits, the only build that I seen that calls for a ton of crits is the Mono Air build. In fact you have to go and stat the crits from most people's builds instead of stating dodge. So while the Critical Hits, thru the Critical Hit Damage, is either doubled or tripled. Whether or not someone want to spend the stat points is completely up to the player.

While you may not think I, or anyone else will recover the Wakfu points in a timely manner, is your view point. While I on the other hand rarely use my spells that cost Wakfu points, aside for Masked Spirit or for some fights a level 0 dance of death for the extra 2 ap, so its not a big concern that I obtain more crits right here and now for a faster return of spent wakfu points. You are a bit correct though, 20 crits at level 100 is not ideal but I decided to max out dodge first before even looking at stating any crits.

1. Why yes I have tried a dual build both before level 100 and during. Fire/Air, Water/Air, Fire/Water. I liked all three.
  2. Question for you; Why is it you ask about the water Masq build, is it a build you would like to see All Masq be a part of? However, Yes I did play mono water for a while. Infact it was before I decided what two spells I wanted to put into my build.

To say I did something wrong with any other build that I have tried is frankly rude. Furthermore I wasn't informed that there was a right or wrong way of doing any build, but rather a more desired path for said build(s) from/for the rest of the community.

Your views on playable builds, in my view, is so narrow minded. While vamp set may not be ideal after level 110, for most builds of any class, for this build the vamp set will be the base after level 100 to about close to level 120. Reason for this; it provides a lot of the desired stats for this build.

While you are entitled to your own opinion, it is better to first try out something before completely tossing it out of the window.

~Kamillia

P.S.
What is the point anyway of staying in the same gear for 30+ levels unless there is nothing better for you to gear your toon in? Especially after level 100.

I'm not taking your response as aggressive at all. I'm merely stating my opinion here.

Single elemental Masq doesn't have that much resist is true for at first atleast until you get to higher lvl's and get better equipment.
150+ resist with dual elemental would be fine for the main spell trees.
For single elemental that would be what 100 res or 110 res or smthg at lvl 100.
I'm too lazy to go wakfu-elements set building tools to confirm this.

It's actually smart to stat on crits no matter what your element is with masq.
If you have to sacrifice your CH points for AP from stats then well 30 - 35 CH seems to work most of time.
Atleast those were my favorite CH lotto numbers at lvl 100 xD
If it's not CH then it should be elemental dmg so atleast you'll do decent dmg against high resist mob.
The thing is that with Masq it don't work that way at least not in my experience.
Lower dmg, less wp renewal and less crits.
My personal opinion. Whether or not someone wants to put points on CH or all on Kit Skill is totally up to the player I agree lol

1. ofc you did because they work. Idk what's the best dual elemental build is gear wise. If I ever summon a wad of kamas I might even convert from my single elemental ways.
2. Because I don't see wind or fire as single elemental build viable endgame.
I have heard that wind as single elemental is good in PvP but never seen one good at PvE.
3. I agree on the challenging part...

To say you might have done something different with your other builds is rude? Alrighty then.
Well if you're happy with your builds that's fine yea. There's things to consider if want to go DD, Support (support masq sucks so don't do it), Tank (Tank Masq...interesting lol), Healer (Really? emergency healer at best. Good luck with that), PvP, PvE, Dual, Tri, Balanced, Single ele, CH build, Full dmg build, Full range build, what else. Sorry to say but not many of those work at all. And there's not that many viable sets to make some builds work either.

I think that there just isn't that many viable builds if that means I'm narrow minded then I am.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté December 02, 2013, 23:13:41 | #14

Quote (MereBytes @ 02 December 2013 22:57) *
I know you underlined single elemental and i'm in fact air/water but my build is more than viable end game and I have literally no trouble with wabbit island at all.

Water mask isn't everything believe it or not air mask is just as good.

I have more damage in both elements than most single elemental water masks that ive seen lol and have very little trouble beating them in pvp. (it's fire masks that I have had trouble with honestly which is pretty surprising)

posté December 03, 2013, 02:26:48 | #15
I can do 3k dmg to 280 resists.
I've fairly good idea about your strat and build. It's good.

This post has been edited by MereBytes - December 03, 2013, 02:28:45.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté December 03, 2013, 05:13:06 | #16
Not to turn it into a dick waving contest but i've done 3600 to people with 280 - 300 resist as well.

not counting the doubles turn of course z_z

But to be on topic Dragonpods you've heard my opinion about the build in PM so sorry my first post in the thread wasn't about that. I also apologize for taking so long to respond to it like I told you in the pm I was having a hard time deciding what to say and what kind of criticisms to make without sounding like a dick.

posté December 03, 2013, 05:39:17 | #17

Quote (MereBytes @ 02 December 2013 22:57) *

Quote (DragonPods @ 02 December 2013 20:28) *
Trachinus Draco,

~Kamillia

P.S.

I'm not taking your response as aggressive at all. I'm merely stating my opinion here.

Single elemental Masq doesn't have that much resist is true for at first atleast until you get to higher lvl's and get better equipment.
150+ resist with dual elemental would be fine for the main spell trees.
For single elemental that would be what 100 res or 110 res or smthg at lvl 100.
I'm too lazy to go wakfu-elements set building tools to confirm this.

It's actually smart to stat on crits no matter what your element is with masq.
If you have to sacrifice your CH points for AP from stats then well 30 - 35 CH seems to work most of time.
Atleast those were my favorite CH lotto numbers at lvl 100 xD
If it's not CH then it should be elemental dmg so atleast you'll do decent dmg against high resist mob.
The thing is that with Masq it don't work that way at least not in my experience.
Lower dmg, less wp renewal and less crits.
My personal opinion. Whether or not someone wants to put points on CH or all on Kit Skill is totally up to the player I agree lol

1. ofc you did because they work. Idk what's the best dual elemental build is gear wise. If I ever summon a wad of kamas I might even convert from my single elemental ways.
I have heard that wind as single elemental is good in PvP but never seen one good at PvE.
3. I agree on the challenging part...

To say you might have done something different with your other builds is rude? Alrighty then.
Well if you're happy with your builds that's fine yea. There's things to consider if want to go DD, Support (support masq sucks so don't do it), Tank (Tank Masq...interesting lol), Healer (Really? emergency healer at best. Good luck with that), PvP, PvE, Dual, Tri, Balanced, Single ele, CH build, Full dmg build, Full range build, what else. Sorry to say but not many of those work at all. And there's not that many viable sets to make some builds work either.

I think that there just isn't that many viable builds if that means I'm narrow minded then I am.

Just a little note;

My resist at level 100:
Fire-165%
Air-146%
Water-161%
Earth-92%

Mono Element(Since you favor water, for level 110):
I did a water setup that gave the best resist.

Dual Element(for level 110):
this is a Air/Water setup.

I can't seem to find anywhere in any of my post, me saying that this build does not need any crits. I do however see where I suggested a minimum of 25 crits, that is not saying that there is room for more. Just giving a base.

Another thing while you seem to be all on your high horse about END GAME items and situations, it comes to light that someone has failed to understand that this is not a level 1-end game guide.

Sincerely
Kamillia

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 03 December 2013 05:13) *
Not to turn it into a dick waving contest but i've done 3600 to people with 280 - 300 resist as well.

not counting the doubles turn of course z_z

But to be on topic Dragonpods you've heard my opinion about the build in PM so sorry my first post in the thread wasn't about that. I also apologize for taking so long to respond to it like I told you in the pm I was having a hard time deciding what to say and what kind of criticisms to make without sounding like a dick.

It is alright MiniMikeh, I'm glad that we spoke earlier and as usually I do value your insight on this class as a whole.

This post has been edited by DragonPods - December 03, 2013, 21:01:29.
posté December 03, 2013, 10:07:56 | #18
That's a lot of lock for water but pretty affordable easy to get set for lvl 110.
130 resists not that bad either. You should only max 3 spells so put some spell points to fire and air like 30 to all of them.

Maybe this You could replace black crow with vampyro. Since the item revamp it's harder to find a good set unless you're lvl 110+ atleast imo.

Second link you posted just shows the same as first one to me...

This post has been edited by MereBytes - December 03, 2013, 11:17:43.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-07-15
posté December 03, 2013, 10:39:05 | #19
From the way i see ,can you tell me the difference between you and a dual Fire/Water Mask?
Cause if using Air as support,he can do that too.
And one more problem,if you play Tri,you have to wear General Damages,and Healing is not affected by those.
So you gonna heal less than any mono/duo Mask involve Water,and to increase Healing,you have to sacrifice a lot.
I think if they make General Damage increase Healing ,i will consider Tri Build,but for now i stick with Duo xD.

Sr for my bad English !!!!!

This post has been edited by wolvefrost - December 03, 2013, 10:45:02.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-06-02
posté December 03, 2013, 11:25:39 | #20
Although there is a lot of issues people often times bring up with general damage and +heals, keep in mind that as you get later in to the game there is less and less "set bonuses" so this frees you up to equip whatever pieces of gear you want. Meaning that you can mix-match pieces which give bonus air/fire or air/water and dodge/crit gear. No, Tri-Element will never deal as much damage as Mono-Element. The reason to do it is for versatility. You deal 75% the damage of a mono element, and have 80% the resistances of a mono-element. But You have it in 3 branches as opposed to one. Tri-Element builds are a pain, but they start paying dividends as you start breaking past levels 120 -- and I can only predict that as gear gets more varied as the level cap continues to get increased tri-element will eventually be the way to go.