Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

[Guide] Tri-Elemental Masq Level 1-100 Build Guide
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-07-15
posté December 03, 2013, 12:38:40 | #21

Quote (TheMightyShell @ 03 December 2013 11:25) *
Although there is a lot of issues people often times bring up with general damage and +heals, keep in mind that as you get later in to the game there is less and less "set bonuses" so this frees you up to equip whatever pieces of gear you want. Meaning that you can mix-match pieces which give bonus air/fire or air/water and dodge/crit gear. No, Tri-Element will never deal as much damage as Mono-Element. The reason to do it is for versatility. You deal 75% the damage of a mono element, and have 80% the resistances of a mono-element. But You have it in 3 branches as opposed to one. Tri-Element builds are a pain, but they start paying dividends as you start breaking past levels 120 -- and I can only predict that as gear gets more varied as the level cap continues to get increased tri-element will eventually be the way to go.

I know that Tri Ele will never deal as much damage as Mono,but imagine like this :

350% All Elements or 350/250/200% (300/250/250) Water/Fire/Air so i can just Healing,and Healing from Mask not that good already !!!
What will you choose ?

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2006-06-10
posté December 03, 2013, 20:56:00 | #22

Quote (MereBytes @ 03 December 2013 10:07) *
That's a lot of lock for water but pretty affordable easy to get set for lvl 110.
130 resists not that bad either. You should only max 3 spells so put some spell points to fire and air like 30 to all of them.

Maybe this You could replace black crow with vampyro. Since the item revamp it's harder to find a good set unless you're lvl 110+ atleast imo.

Second link you posted just shows the same as first one to me...

MereBytes,
The two links I posted was not me suggesting that I was going to go to different gear or a different build. It was to get a example of the best set paired with the best possible mono build(without stating the other two) to show the resist given from the gear. As well as the best set pair with the best possible dual build(without stating the third element), in hope of showing you that the resists are either near the same resist as mine or are lower across the board.

I apologize that the second link shows you the same as the first, I will get on that asap

But do please check the second one again, if it still brings you to the first link. Shoot me a pm and I will personally give you the link.

Quote (wolvefrost @ 03 December 2013 10:39) *
From the way i see ,can you tell me the difference between you and a dual Fire/Water Mask?
Cause if using Air as support,he can do that too.
And one more problem,if you play Tri,you have to wear General Damages,and Healing is not affected by those.
So you gonna heal less than any mono/duo Mask involve Water,and to increase Healing,you have to sacrifice a lot.
I think if they make General Damage increase Healing ,i will consider Tri Build,but for now i stick with Duo xD.

Sr for my bad English !!!!!

Most dual Fire/Water Masq that I have seen either don't use air, or only use one (Scherzo). I could be put into that group that uses that one spell, however I do go several fights even days of game play using just my air branch. Which very few, if any Fire/Water Masq do. As for believing that the build I have chosen and placed a guide for will always need general damage gear, I will have to say you are both correct and wrong.

Correct in the fact that up till the point where any Tri Masq gets to the point of endgame, they will be looking for mainly general damage and dodge. Incorrect in the fact that once you or I would get to endgame gear its time to step away from the general damage and start specializing in the gear for our selected main two elements, while getting gear that helps out support element. This does not mean that we are looking for general damage gear, however if the gear pops up it may be best to grab it while you can.

Also, the issue with the healing- I don't of any masq player that would support anyone aiming to be a support masq. I do believe it is possible, but i don't know how one would go about that path while being a dual masq.

Although there is a lot of issues people often times bring up with general damage and +heals, keep in mind that as you get later in to the game there is less and less "set bonuses" so this frees you up to equip whatever pieces of gear you want. Meaning that you can mix-match pieces which give bonus air/fire or air/water and dodge/crit gear. No, Tri-Element will never deal as much damage as Mono-Element. The reason to do it is for versatility. You deal 75% the damage of a mono element, and have 80% the resistances of a mono-element. But You have it in 3 branches as opposed to one. Tri-Element builds are a pain, but they start paying dividends as you start breaking past levels 120 -- and I can only predict that as gear gets more varied as the level cap continues to get increased tri-element will eventually be the way to go.

I couldn't have said it any better myself, thank you TheMightyShell.

Quote (wolvefrost @ 03 December 2013 12:38) *

I know that Tri Ele will never deal as much damage as Mono,but imagine like this :

350% All Elements or 350/250/200% (300/250/250) Water/Fire/Air so i can just Healing,and Healing from Mask not that good already !!!
What will you choose ?

If you look above Wolvefrost, I have in the guide a screenshot of my damage percents. By those percents I'm already at the 350% damage mark on one element and coming ever closer to the 350% mark on not just the other two branches of the class, but the other three elements listed on the elemental damage board. This is only at level 100 mind you, and the heals that I have on that stats list is mainly for my own healing from killing creatures. But none the less it is at 83%, a relatively high stat for a build that isn't completely focused on healing other members of a dungeon party. Now if you're wanting to focus on using the water branch for healing, then you may want to go mono for that, and gear up in the same healing gear that a water eni would.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-06-02
posté December 05, 2013, 04:29:29 | #23
Hey, after leveling a Tri-Ele masq up to mid level 70s I've come to realize something. What spells will we be sacrificing to make this build work? It seems both air and water can survive just with 3 spells each, and in a dual element build it seems you'd sacrifice scherzo since its damage increase isn't too significant(althought its good damage when you consider it's a no ap cost).

So I'm struggling to see which spells I should be choosing that frees me up for the most potential combos.
For fire Psykotik and Psyk-out seem like a no brainer.(unless fracture is your thing) Okay, check two spells in Fire that we can bring to their highest levels.
For water, Spitoon is a must, but now is where the trouble lies. Say you get 10ap(or 11 for initial mask switch) and you didn't level spitbull and opted instead for spitfall. What spell will you use to finish off your 10 ap combo.
For Air, Scherzo seems like the most obvious one to drop between Classablanca and Classerole, since it's damage isn't worth all the levels and in the end you can still use the push to get enemies against a wall.

So what's the six spells to take to max level to preserve the combos that make a masq typically effective?

Edit: Guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't understand what fire is doing for me, other than giving me some decent AoE capabilities. Psyk-out is crazy good, but I don't know if what I'm sacrificing from a 2/3 build with air/water is worth it.

This post has been edited by TheMightyShell - December 05, 2013, 04:42:50.
posté December 06, 2013, 04:03:37 | #24
Well TheMightyShell, I personally went and tried out three different dual build before I finalized my choices. For me I gave up all three spells that had the cost of a wakfu point as a main attacking spell. and I also aimed to keep most of my spells under a cost of 6 points(ap+mp) to my character. So here is what I came up with:

Fracture-3 points (3ap)
Psykotik-4 points (3ap+1mp)
Spitfall-4 points (3ap+1mp)
Spitbull-6 points (4ap+2mp)
Scherzo-2 points (2mp)

With the Water/Air/Fire build I will say that it is a bit difficult to decide on what to give up to put a fire spell with an already solid build. What I suggest however is to see about putting either Psykotik or Fracture into your like up. But with saying that I guess it is safe to assume you are wanting to go for a range build as well. Correct? If so, then it would be better to have Psyk-Out as a fire spell because of the ability to move four squares for 1mp 6ap and 1wp. As for using it as an attack it works better, I find, when you opponent(s) or the mob creature(s) are lined up.

My question to you is this; What are your water and air spells that you are wanting to run?

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-06-02
posté December 06, 2013, 06:00:43 | #25
Well, my idea with the Tri-Ele Masq going in to it is that I wanted the same level of versatility and "I have something for literally every situation" capabilities that my Tri-Ele xelor. I wanted it to be more like a Melee form of that. But sadly masq has a lot less flexibility than a Xelor has, at least from what I'm noticing. It's much more of a DPT race with Masqs, which isn't all that bad an their abilities to position and heal are truly fantastic. I suppose my main frustration with fire Masq is that it is literally all damage. Psyk-out turning gaze towards masq is useful for setting my xelor up for backstabs, but the damage on everything other than Psyk-out is sorely lacking when compare to Fugue, or Classablanca, or Spitoon.

My main ideal was a devestating PvP combo between a Tri-Ele Xelor and a Tri-Ele Masq, but I don't see anything other than Psyk-out being effective at PvP from the fire branch, so it seems it'd be better to drop the fire branch and opt to take Fugue or Spitbull.

It just looks like for a mostly PvP focused combo, with some desire for dungeon effectiveness, going water/air would be the better way to go. Fire is great for PvE, just don't see it working well in a tri build for PvP.

Should've clarified: I want to run Spitoon, Fugue, and Spitfall(although I like spitbull too)

This post has been edited by TheMightyShell - December 06, 2013, 06:11:17.
posté December 28, 2013, 11:40:43 | #26
Whatever works with you over all play style is always best. There is no argument from me on that simple fact. Though I will say, even if I have said it before, this build is a very situational build. So its either you get the right combo or you don't, and there isn't much that can be said on that matter.

However I thank you for your insight on that side of the build, and it sounds to be more on the side of player's taste rather than situational. In any case, I thank you all the same.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-12-18
posté January 18, 2014, 19:36:09 | #27
Amazing job, DragonPods!

I agree with you, Masqueraiders are supposed (or at least try to) use all elements, since masks gives some buffs.

But I have a question, since I started playing this game again.

1. How was your experience in PvP in this build?

2. I know that how to level up your elemental skills is something up to each player, but for you, what skill is a "Must-Have"?

Once again, good job!

And Thank you (=

This post has been edited by Ryou-Satsuki - January 18, 2014, 19:37:03.
posté March 15, 2014, 22:03:22 | #28

Quote (Ryou-Satsuki @ 18 January 2014 19:36) *
Amazing job, DragonPods!

I agree with you, Masqueraiders are supposed (or at least try to) use all elements, since masks gives some buffs.

But I have a question, since I started playing this game again.

1. How was your experience in PvP in this build?

2. I know that how to level up your elemental skills is something up to each player, but for you, what skill is a "Must-Have"?

Once again, good job!

And Thank you (=

Thank you, and I apologize for my late response i have been away from the game for a bit. RL issues and what not.

I will do my best to answer your question(s) fully.

1.) My experience has been about 50/50 because of the fact that I don't have the gear that I find is ideal for the build that I have made the guide for or the build that I have personally chosen to run. (fire/water/air) The gear I have in mind is rather expensive and or hard to obtain ingame.

2.) Until a month before I was forced to put Wakfu on the back burner, for now, I was running a 2/1/2 elemental spell build. Those spells being Spitfall,Spitbull/Scherzo/Fracture,and Psykotik. Then I went to a 2/2/2 build, which runs A LOT smoother for me. The new set up is the same as before but adding Whipkick into the mix. As it stand now all of my main spells are level 105 with two at level 30 and one being level 11 or 12 per branch with roughly 75% damage and resist being the base for all three elements, and my character being level 109. I am not big on having the spells that cost wakfu points as my main spells because I am more worried about using my ap and mp to my advantage for the duration of the fight(s). So in short I guess it is safe to say that my character is more of a close combat/tankish masq with range and healing when needed. With this build I have a rather nice board manipulation and nice heals. However the heals I am able to do is still nothing to having a Eni on your team.

On a side not, I have almost never been passed up on running dungs my level or higher aside form the BIG Boss dungs like Gobbalrog. and the only reason currently is my lack of gear that I am looking for for my character.