To be honest this guide was written on shortly after the feca revamp. I am now following Katrena's end-game feca tank which can be found here. I am leaving this build up only for reference.
Firstly there is a rough guide as the class just got revamped and I have spent a few hours messing around. On both the live server and the test server the feca I am playing around with is currently 108 & 131.
Welcome to my 400 lock/tank build. Why 400 lock? for me I want to be able to tank without tanking any damage which is my maim aim for this build.
This build is mainly earth with only a tiny bit of water for support.
I will also put a warning that it is likely feca may get nerfed as I feel they are currently way too good in way to many things to remain as they are. I will also add a further warning that my feca is still in the respec room however this is the best build that I have come up with so far.
Thank you to everyone especially Razept & YetAnotherNewbie for your help and information.
Before I start, lets explain the lock mechanic. If standing in close combat (one cell/square away) the targets dodge will go against in this your feca's lock. Maths is dodge-lock*0.50=% for them to escape or get locked. There is always a 5% chance they will always escape. So if we have 400 lock we can 95% lock chance (maximum) every monster with 300 dodge. So if you want to lock a certain monster you will need to get +90 lock above their dodge. Be aware some monsters steal dodge and AP which affects Feca Master and thus lower our lock.
Benefits of this build
- Designed to not take damage at content below 120
- 400 lock can lock many monsters less than say level 120
- At later levels will be amazing
- With control can give AP
- Can give moderate sheilds to allies
- Reasonable cheap to gear up
- 100% block can be obtained if desired
- Needs to be at least level +100 for the build to work
- Does not fully maximizes all the support spells instead goes for tanking
- Low damage
- I am not sure but may not be pvp viable
- Will need more lock if you want to tank every boss and monster on the game
- Not and end-game (current) build
For me there is no hard and fast rules in which order to level these.
However I have give you the level order that I used as reference.
- Feca Master to max. -level 21
- Untouchable to max. -level 41
- *Refection to 16. -level 57 (dependent on your lock)
- Teleportation Flux to max. - level 77
- Glyph or Armor to max. -level 97
- Ironclad to max.-level 117
- Stabilization Aura to max. - level 137
- Your choice and beyond.
- Feca Master to max for every AP we get 10 lock so 10 AP = 100 lock so 25% of our 400 lock done and 2 control.
- Untouchable to max. essential for tanking so +20 block +8 block per ally so a full team (8*5)=40 so without equipment 60 block (20+40) that is amazing. Block reduces damage by 30% first then resistance it taken off. Meaning we should get hit for very little.
- Refection turns lock into resistance with a maximum of +100% resistance. Depending on your amount of lock determines what level you should get this to. 800 lock =level 9 Reflection, 700 lock= level 10 Reflection, 600 lock= level 12 Reflection, 500= level 14 Reflection, 400= level 17 Reflection.
- Teleportation Flux to max. this is used for teleport monsters and yourself as well as moving glyphs.
- Glyph or Armor to max. making it easy to put down glyths and armors. It is not vital to max this out as spare points can be put else where.
- Ironclad to max. an extra 40% resistance
- Stabilization Aura to max. and extra 40% lock so we can change the equipment around a little bit and gain more damage.
The ones I have missed out
- Perfect Armor I do love this ability basically means one player can not be hit (at all!) whilst still dealing their normal damage. It can not be cast onto the feca (yourself) and I am going to do so busy tanking I will leave it up the the eni to support others.
- Provocation for me its 100% pointless I am going to run in the middle of all the monsters and the ones not interested in me I am going to use Teleportation Flux and get to (no one escapes). This is of course without using any team members which could help you greatly such as panda throwing the monster next to me for locking.
- Inversion I love this however it gives yourself or a team mate a damage buff but lowers your resistance. However I did quite a few test and found that using on myself would increase my shield but the lower resistance meant more final damage taken. So inversion in this build can not be used to benefit tanking. If you can tank quite nicely it might be worth using this at at level 1 as this build doesn't use WP. Inversion does not turn off until cast again. The same player can not get two inversions at the same time.
10 AP/ 6 MP/ 400 lock
10AP/6MP are not essential I just typical always build characters with these stats it might even more optimal to go 9 AP/ 5MP.
1 AP 150 points level 31
1 MP 100 points level 51
100 Lock level 91
Then you could gain a few points into block to make sure you always have 100 or save some points for kit skill however I would probably just go all strength .
Here are my spells at level 108.
How to play and spells choices
Earth spells all have equal tanking per AP at the same spell level therefore I have chosen the lowest AP cost spells as the damage is going to to be low anyway and it then gives me the greatest flexibility in doing other things without reducing my ability to tank. For example using a drip armor and dodge rolling some targets. If I use heavy AP spells I would then need to choose between a good shield or tactical gameplay with my build we get both.
I will mention that critical hits do increase shields strength so this build may crit more on lower AP cost however the best scenario would be to crit on the high ap cost spells such as Fecammer (5 AP) which would give an even better shield. On the test server I tried a crit built but for tanking it doesn't really work.
For earth spells to give you a shield you must hit something so getting into close combat as soon as possible is a good idea.
So in close combat I would just use Fecabo until your out of AP and Feca Staff if you do not have even AP at present (like me).
You can also use Fecabo at range of 4 and if you put an armor in the enemy at the start of your turn it will move 2 squares towards you.
Feca Staff Glyph at level 101 gives 1 AP 100% and 51% for another 1 AP.
Fecablade can be used to put an armor on your or allies which increases resistance whilst lowwering damage so a trade off. This is situational especially when it is not possible to apply an actual feca armor. In my build I have not leveled this but this may be a good option. But to keep things clear if you are tanking boss fecablade armor will make you slighly weaker in terms of pure tanking however if you are going to bashed by several targets breaking your earth sheild this would be a better option.
Drip is amazing , put an armor on yourself then drip and you can get ONE free dodge roll you can also use this on team mates. You can put this on yourself dodge roll, destroy then new armor and repeat if needed this is if you wanted to save WP and AP not using teleportation flux. You can put drip onto targets and the start of your turn they will move one away so its not an instant push.
How I use steam put an Glyph down then cast steam for a small Area of Effect shield.
Steam has a minimum range of 2 so cast a Glyph 2 away.
This is a great spell to use on team mates and first turn for only 4 ap.
As we do not have the range to use earth spells.
In 8 AP you could put down 2 steam glyph however they do not stack you shouled would not go up from level 91 to level 91*2= 182.
Please note I am using old equipment which I will change thats why my shield is weak.
Also I dont have any real water damage either in this set.
Bubble can give an armor which gives plus range however we are more of a tank then support so I have skipped it.
Avalanche I am not a fan of this high ap cost with low damage, not for this builds.
Crashing Wave I love this spell, basically this is our mini-shield until we can put on our proper earth shields. This is vital to cast before running into the targets reading for locking so we are without our more powerful earth shields. This can be used with Steam shield. Once you are in close combat tanking it is not worth maintaining the Crash wave shield and earth should be used as soon as possible. Crashing wave can also be combo with earth shields.
I believe crashing wave can also be put onto team members.
I mainly leveled this solely for resistance.
I thought about leveling Meteorite Shower for its plus crits to give to allies but personally for me I wont be taking it.
Volcano is the only one I use within this build.
Put Volcano armor on yourself and you will reduce all the targets around you resistance by 50% you can put armor onto enemy if you want to reduce resistance and are unable to reach the target yourself.
I would strongly suggest only using Volcano when you are taking very little/no damage at all or when you know a healing character can support you as using AP means your shields/tanking is going to drop. You can cast this on your team members so basically they do +65% more of their base damage onto monsters.
Please note this feca is in old equipment. Currently his lock within a fight is 434 which is 34 higher than is needed and his earth damage it too low. As his earth damage is low , so is his shields at present. Also the guild are am in does not have the maximum amount of guild bonuses.
In a full team he has 104% block so that extra 4% is wasted.
Below are some rough equipment I threw together I am sure there is much room for improvement.
Some on the equipment I have gone for is purely to maintain the 100 Block bonus.
Remember default block on this build is 60 so we only need to find another 40.
This build also has 240 lock without equipment so only 160 is needed for 400 lock.
Here are the equipment I would change him into now.
Here are the equipment I plan to get him in the future at later levels 130-14X this set has lots of control have a read of advanced tactics. Also this set has all damage which makes the water and earth sheilds stronger and is where this build is aimed at.
Lock pet (bow meow) or Resistance/Block (Miliboowolf) or Resistance/Damage (Clawbot).
Advanced Tactics and Glyths
Mainly we will be tanking so realistically we don't really have time to put up to many shields and do other things.
How to teleport?
Find a victim and cast teleportation flux away.
Now it does cost a WP to do that.
This post has been edited by JerryDB - August 12, 2014, 17:32:28.