Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

(Guide) JerryDB's 400 Lock/Tank Feca
Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté February 18, 2014, 17:17:22 | #1
(Guide) JerryDB's 400 Lock/Tank Feca I will try to update this from time to time updated 09.03.14.

To be honest this guide was written on shortly after the feca revamp. I am now following Katrena's end-game feca tank which can be found here. I am leaving this build up only for reference.

Firstly there is a rough guide as the class just got revamped and I have spent a few hours messing around. On both the live server and the test server the feca I am playing around with is currently 108 & 131.

Welcome to my 400 lock/tank build. Why 400 lock? for me I want to be able to tank without tanking any damage which is my maim aim for this build.

This build is mainly earth with only a tiny bit of water for support.

I will also put a warning that it is likely feca may get nerfed as I feel they are currently way too good in way to many things to remain as they are. I will also add a further warning that my feca is still in the respec room however this is the best build that I have come up with so far.

Thank you to everyone especially Razept & YetAnotherNewbie for your help and information.

Before I start, lets explain the lock mechanic. If standing in close combat (one cell/square away) the targets dodge will go against in this your feca's lock. Maths is dodge-lock*0.50=% for them to escape or get locked. There is always a 5% chance they will always escape. So if we have 400 lock we can 95% lock chance (maximum) every monster with 300 dodge. So if you want to lock a certain monster you will need to get +90 lock above their dodge. Be aware some monsters steal dodge and AP which affects Feca Master and thus lower our lock.

Benefits of this build
  • Designed to not take damage at content below 120
  • 400 lock can lock many monsters less than say level 120
  • At later levels will be amazing
  • With control can give AP
  • Can give moderate sheilds to allies
  • Reasonable cheap to gear up
  • 100% block can be obtained if desired
Bad points
  • Needs to be at least level +100 for the build to work
  • Does not fully maximizes all the support spells instead goes for tanking
  • Low damage
  • I am not sure but may not be pvp viable
  • Will need more lock if you want to tank every boss and monster on the game
  • Not and end-game (current) build
Specialties
For me there is no hard and fast rules in which order to level these.
However I have give you the level order that I used as reference.

1. Feca Master to max. -level 21
  2. Untouchable to max. -level 41
  3. *Refection to 16. -level 57 (dependent on your lock)
  4. Teleportation Flux to max. - level 77
  5. Glyph or Armor to max. -level 97
  6. Ironclad to max.-level 117
  7. Stabilization Aura to max. - level 137
  8. Your choice and beyond.
The ones I used and why

• Feca Master to max for every AP we get 10 lock so 10 AP = 100 lock so 25% of our 400 lock done and 2 control.
  • Untouchable to max. essential for tanking so +20 block +8 block per ally so a full team (8*5)=40 so without equipment 60 block (20+40) that is amazing. Block reduces damage by 30% first then resistance it taken off. Meaning we should get hit for very little.
  • Refection turns lock into resistance with a maximum of +100% resistance. Depending on your amount of lock determines what level you should get this to. 800 lock =level 9 Reflection, 700 lock= level 10 Reflection, 600 lock= level 12 Reflection, 500= level 14 Reflection, 400= level 17 Reflection.
  • Teleportation Flux to max. this is used for teleport monsters and yourself as well as moving glyphs.
  • Glyph or Armor to max. making it easy to put down glyths and armors. It is not vital to max this out as spare points can be put else where.
  • Ironclad to max. an extra 40% resistance
  • Stabilization Aura to max. and extra 40% lock so we can change the equipment around a little bit and gain more damage.
Now you could argue in getting iron clad before Glyph or Armor however Armor give us some tactical flexibility and we already have quote a lot of resistance.

The ones I have missed out
  • Perfect Armor I do love this ability basically means one player can not be hit (at all!) whilst still dealing their normal damage. It can not be cast onto the feca (yourself) and I am going to do so busy tanking I will leave it up the the eni to support others.
  • Provocation for me its 100% pointless I am going to run in the middle of all the monsters and the ones not interested in me I am going to use Teleportation Flux and get to (no one escapes). This is of course without using any team members which could help you greatly such as panda throwing the monster next to me for locking.
  • Inversion I love this however it gives yourself or a team mate a damage buff but lowers your resistance. However I did quite a few test and found that using on myself would increase my shield but the lower resistance meant more final damage taken. So inversion in this build can not be used to benefit tanking. If you can tank quite nicely it might be worth using this at at level 1 as this build doesn't use WP. Inversion does not turn off until cast again. The same player can not get two inversions at the same time.
Stats at level 145 = 720 points
10 AP/ 6 MP/ 400 lock
10AP/6MP are not essential I just typical always build characters with these stats it might even more optimal to go 9 AP/ 5MP.

Stats always
1 AP 150 points level 31
1 MP 100 points level 51
100 Lock level 91

Then you could gain a few points into block to make sure you always have 100 or save some points for kit skill however I would probably just go all strength .

Spells
Here are my spells at level 108.

How to play and spells choices
Earth spells all have equal tanking per AP at the same spell level therefore I have chosen the lowest AP cost spells as the damage is going to to be low anyway and it then gives me the greatest flexibility in doing other things without reducing my ability to tank. For example using a drip armor and dodge rolling some targets. If I use heavy AP spells I would then need to choose between a good shield or tactical gameplay with my build we get both.

I will mention that critical hits do increase shields strength so this build may crit more on lower AP cost however the best scenario would be to crit on the high ap cost spells such as Fecammer (5 AP) which would give an even better shield. On the test server I tried a crit built but for tanking it doesn't really work.

For earth spells to give you a shield you must hit something so getting into close combat as soon as possible is a good idea.

So in close combat I would just use Fecabo until your out of AP and Feca Staff if you do not have even AP at present (like me).

You can also use Fecabo at range of 4 and if you put an armor in the enemy at the start of your turn it will move 2 squares towards you.

Feca Staff Glyph at level 101 gives 1 AP 100% and 51% for another 1 AP.

Fecablade can be used to put an armor on your or allies which increases resistance whilst lowwering damage so a trade off. This is situational especially when it is not possible to apply an actual feca armor. In my build I have not leveled this but this may be a good option. But to keep things clear if you are tanking boss fecablade armor will make you slighly weaker in terms of pure tanking however if you are going to bashed by several targets breaking your earth sheild this would be a better option.

Water spells
Drip is amazing , put an armor on yourself then drip and you can get ONE free dodge roll you can also use this on team mates. You can put this on yourself dodge roll, destroy then new armor and repeat if needed this is if you wanted to save WP and AP not using teleportation flux. You can put drip onto targets and the start of your turn they will move one away so its not an instant push.

How I use steam put an Glyph down then cast steam for a small Area of Effect shield.
Steam has a minimum range of 2 so cast a Glyph 2 away.
This is a great spell to use on team mates and first turn for only 4 ap.
As we do not have the range to use earth spells.
In 8 AP you could put down 2 steam glyph however they do not stack you shouled would not go up from level 91 to level 91*2= 182.

Please note I am using old equipment which I will change thats why my shield is weak.
Also I dont have any real water damage either in this set.

Bubble can give an armor which gives plus range however we are more of a tank then support so I have skipped it.

Avalanche I am not a fan of this high ap cost with low damage, not for this builds.

Crashing Wave I love this spell, basically this is our mini-shield until we can put on our proper earth shields. This is vital to cast before running into the targets reading for locking so we are without our more powerful earth shields. This can be used with Steam shield. Once you are in close combat tanking it is not worth maintaining the Crash wave shield and earth should be used as soon as possible. Crashing wave can also be combo with earth shields.

I believe crashing wave can also be put onto team members.

Fire spells
I mainly leveled this solely for resistance.
I thought about leveling Meteorite Shower for its plus crits to give to allies but personally for me I wont be taking it.
Volcano is the only one I use within this build.
Put Volcano armor on yourself and you will reduce all the targets around you resistance by 50% you can put armor onto enemy if you want to reduce resistance and are unable to reach the target yourself.

I would strongly suggest only using Volcano when you are taking very little/no damage at all or when you know a healing character can support you as using AP means your shields/tanking is going to drop. You can cast this on your team members so basically they do +65% more of their base damage onto monsters.

Equipment
Please note this feca is in old equipment. Currently his lock within a fight is 434 which is 34 higher than is needed and his earth damage it too low. As his earth damage is low , so is his shields at present. Also the guild are am in does not have the maximum amount of guild bonuses.

In a full team he has 104% block so that extra 4% is wasted.

Below are some rough equipment I threw together I am sure there is much room for improvement.
Some on the equipment I have gone for is purely to maintain the 100 Block bonus.
Remember default block on this build is 60 so we only need to find another 40.

This build also has 240 lock without equipment so only 160 is needed for 400 lock.

Here are the equipment I would change him into now.

Here are the equipment I plan to get him in the future at later levels 130-14X this set has lots of control have a read of advanced tactics. Also this set has all damage which makes the water and earth sheilds stronger and is where this build is aimed at.

Pets
Lock pet (bow meow) or Resistance/Block (Miliboowolf) or Resistance/Damage (Clawbot).

Advanced Tactics and Glyths
Mainly we will be tanking so realistically we don't really have time to put up to many shields and do other things.

How to teleport?
Find a victim and cast teleportation flux away.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Now it does cost a WP to do that.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - August 12, 2014, 17:32:28.
Reason for edit : Updated
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-03-17
posté February 25, 2014, 17:04:53 | #2
Amazing thanks for taking the time to explain everything in such detail ill will test this out on my feca i was clueless but now i understood a lot of stuff

This post has been edited by [MOD]Meka - March 02, 2014, 15:40:20.
Reason for edit : Too long quote.
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-12-03
posté February 25, 2014, 21:57:01 | #3
mmm thanks for the guide but pls consider re-reading it and maybe redoing some parts, some skill effects have the opposite effect that you mentioned here, fecablades gives defense and lowers damage and heals, not the other way, so for tanking is a must, and you said is not good for tanking, you said that having 330% resistance makes use of Refection to 100% (i think you meant having 300 lock), you say having % on stats that are not % based too. Im not trying to defame your work, im trying to help you see some mistakes n_n thanks for the effort

(also... i think 400 lock is too low to lock the most recent bosses)

posté February 27, 2014, 02:29:34 | #4
Your welcome.

Thank you for your input I will update the guide in a few days.

What I meant about fecablade is by maths I have a choice of fecablades glyph armor or just normal armor for me gained by fecabo. I would choose fecabo.

In my tests using fecablade glyph armor whilst increasing my resistance, it lowered my damage therefore lowing my earth armors and my usually abitltity to take pretty much zero damage. Using the armor I found I started to take damage.

I ran the numbers on both the test server and the real server fighting the strongest monster there.

I went with 400 lock as these are the bosses I want to lock.
Master Skkkdoku 275 dodge
Emperor lenald 295 dodge
Black Wabbit Emiw 285 dodge

If you wanted dragon pig you would need more lock.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-19
posté February 27, 2014, 20:37:18 | #5
I am going to side with Jerry on the Fecablades Armor. It seems to me that the Feca Shield is more valuable than Blade armor. When properly shielded, I take little or no damage and what little gets through is not a big deal with 300+ resists.

As for lock, I am going all out but for the bosses listed, I think you could go as low as 350 lock.

Teleportation Flux is awesome as are all of the passives.

I am not sure if Glyph or Armor really needs to be max for this build but certainly needs a few levels into it. At level 7, the cost is down to 1 AP. Do we need more? No LOS is nice but most of the glyphs/armors I want to use are LOS.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-12-22
posté February 28, 2014, 11:49:39 | #6
This is exactly my reason leaving it for now at 7. It is pointless to max it. At least for tank.

The only armors you can think of using losless perk are the flaming, bubble and drip armors.
For Glyphs its just avalanche and phelles ones.

Well dod is capricious thing, my Cherry has around 420-430 lock and had a terrible slug-it-out with northern chafers who ran away from her twice or three times in row, despite having ~ -180 dod against her.

Well I use both fecabo and fecablades. Sometimes you just can't reach with blades, and arrow armor is quite useful. It supports lack of mp that not endgame Fecas have. I never use blade armor. My resists are high enought, while there is lack of dmg ;p

posté February 28, 2014, 18:10:30 | #7
Hi, i play a feca in remington with a quite different build.

I think you have a nice guide with some quite interesting and not necessarily obvious information (for example i think it is great to point out the importance of drip armour to a new player) and believe this guide can be very helpfull for a lot of players. However, i would like to point out a few reasoning’s i believe are flawed to perhaps improve on the guide.
------------------------------------
Firstly, although indeed one can argue that 400 lock is sufficient for "most monsters", its not just dragonpig you cannot lock reliably at that value.
I’m sure you are well aware that any tank has 50% chance to lock when their lock is equal to a enemies dodge, and gain 0.5% additional lock chance for each point of lock they have in advantage over the monster's dodge. Thus 90 points advantage are necessary for 95%lock chance (and it is my lasting impression that when someone says that a tank "can lock" a enemy, they are saying "he has maximum lock chance for that enemy" and not just a decent possibility of doing so).

That said, i can recall of a few that would exceed 400 lock requirement:

Cloudy thingamastrich 325 dodge (requires 415 lock)
celestial Strich 375 dodge (requires 465 lock)
Mrs freeze: 359 dodge (requires 449 lock)
Hagen daz 367 dodge (requires 457 lock) - not that anyone tries to tank him.
Sylargh 489 dodge (requires 579 lock)
Gwand viziew 380 dodge (requires 470 lock)
Dragonpig 575 (requires 665 lock)
Wa Wabbit 625 (requires 715lock)

One UB, 2 level 95 monsters and 5 dungeon bosses.
Naturally in some cases groups would fight bosses without 95% chance of lock (wa wabbit for example), but more is always better.
Additionally, i am certain there are monsters i don’t remember or that have abilities that reduce our dodge or increase their own lock that might also pose a problem for a tank with 400 lock.
---------------------------------------
On another subject, you seem to be aware that tri element spell choices with 2 high spells on each element give highest resistances, but i cant see why to chose natural attack over meteorite. Of course meteorite is terrible armour to cast on yourself, but you can cast it on allies that don’t care for block reduction (specially since you are tanking for them). Natural attack is just damage, and damage will be horrible anyhow.
-------------------------------------
I also disagree on the usefulness of fecablades. It is true it makes shields weaker by reducing damage, and you can use that ap for additional shields. But which is best would depend on the opponent, and a situational ability is not a bad one.
Naturally, if your resistances are already equal to or higher then the enemies damage%, resistance armour is pointless. Additionally, if your shield can absorb the full damage, its also best to do so then to increase resistances to reduce damage but have a smaller shield.
However, in a situation that you will be attacked many times (either by multiple enemies or by the same one repeatedly), in a way that they would break your shield early, having higher resist to reduce the damage from all these attacks is more valuable then shielding just one.
------------------------------------------------
Also, saving points on glyph or armor, as pointed by other posters, as well as in Refection, can mean being able to take valuable points in another specialty spell.
-----------------------------------------
I’m not trying to devalue your proposed build, I even can see it as much more efficient then my own for certain content. I simply disagree for which content this build is valid. I think that trying to gain higher damage and stronger shields at the cost of lock will make your build better then my dedicated tank build at fighting lower level monsters and for leveling content, and specially when soloing. However, as i pointed out above, there is a significant number of end-game bosses you cannot lock with 400 lock. Additionally, the proposed damage increases will not increase your damage output in high level content because enemy resistances will lower your damage to base damage anyhow. More damage would just give a slightly stronger shield.

If someone intends to be a max level tank i personally cant see them being okay with a build that cannot fulfil the proposed role in 4 important dungeons and 1 UB with their character.
This is why i found it very strange when you said that this build is designed for fighting bosses and believe it would be more accurate and honest to say it is a build designed for soloing and leveling. Not to imply that the intention was to deceive, maybe just because you still have some content to experience at higher levels.

This post has been edited by YetAnotherNewbie - February 28, 2014, 18:13:06.
posté March 09, 2014, 15:39:53 | #8
Thank you everyone for your help especially YetAnotherNewbie.

I will be honest I am not running the highest content and for my build I am being greedy I basically want as little lock as possible with as much earth damage as possible.

I have tried to update and reply within the guide itself. As correctly stated it was not viable for most boss so I have changed it. I will add I have left out a pet and other bonuses so you could easily get +60 if more lock from other sources making the build more like +460 lock but I thought I would leave it up to each person how much lock they want to go with.

Also if anyone wants to post there build I am sure we would all be grateful as lots of people keep saying they are happy with the feca and even OP yet no builds.

If someone wants to write about smithmaging lock that would also be very helpful.

posté March 10, 2014, 13:12:26 | #9

Quote (JerryDB @ 09 March 2014 15:39) *
Thank you everyone for your help especially YetAnotherNewbie.

I will be honest I am not running the highest content and for my build I am being greedy I basically want as little lock as possible with as much earth damage as possible.

I have tried to update and reply within the guide itself. As correctly stated it was not viable for most boss so I have changed it. I will add I have left out a pet and other bonuses so you could easily get +60 if more lock from other sources making the build more like +460 lock but I thought I would leave it up to each person how much lock they want to go with.

Also if anyone wants to post there build I am sure we would all be grateful as lots of people keep saying they are happy with the feca and even OP yet no builds.

If someone wants to write about smithmaging lock that would also be very helpful.
Happy to be of assistance

Um, im not sure if you had me in mind when you asked for other build suggestions... Im just a bit reluctant to post a short description of what i do because im always a bit scared someone might say its dumb. People over the internet can be super mean sometimes. I guess if i were to say what i do id wanna write a bunch about why i chose this or that and write a suuuuppper big text, and that would be alot of work and prolly need a whole new thread. I dont think ill be doing that anytime soon

And, whats smithmaging?
Runes? Is that a dofus term?

This post has been edited by YetAnotherNewbie - March 10, 2014, 13:35:51.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté March 10, 2014, 15:38:08 | #10
I'll give you a quick rundown on my Feca build. I don't lock tank or take dmg for my team in any way. I shield buff allies and give AP to other DPS with a higher dmg% and better specialties.

Basic 10 control build.

Spells: Steam and Wave. Feca Staff and Defensive Orb.
Specialties: Peace Armor, Teleportation, Inversion, Glyph or Armor, Feca Master
Stats: 1Ap, 1-2MP, crit

The gear I wear changes almost every fight. I often swap my boots for Viddhartas when I'm trying to give 10 Feca Staff glyphs to allies. The other common changes are swapping out pieces to alter my Initiative order or increase PP. When performing the shield role for DP I drop a few control and maximize my water shield.

Casting Feca staff on yourself is inefficient. You only gain the buff for two turns. Casting it on an ally means 3 turns of extra ap. This is due to the timing of when glyphs lose charges. It takes 3 turns to get 9-20ap worth of glyphs in play and then it is expensive to maintain. But the ap gained per turn is massive.

Example: Lets assume my glyphs average 10ap a turn and I place it on a Panda. So I've basically traded my 10ap turn for someone elses. On Panda's turn spend two of that ap to toss another ally who goes before the Feca on the glyph. I've now turned my 10ap into an 18ap turn. Repeat the process as much as you'd like. Have a Masq summon his double on that glyph. It's very powerful in the right hands.

posté March 18, 2014, 02:07:12 | #11
What gear I can get to achieve the maximum lock possible?

-Rizarealm

posté March 18, 2014, 21:57:21 | #12
YetAnotherNewbie, my friends criticise my builds all the time its fine build are just opinions but I can understand a hesitation in posting builds but with our little community I think any builds even crazy one's are welcome.

Gynrei, thank you for sharing that sound awesome. It reminds me of the good old days when feca's could give 12 AP to a whole team then GG any content. I was tempted to make a support feca but you have really sold me on the idea and I am sure its tons of fun.

Hey Rizarealm,

Here is a lock build I am not 100% sure if it is the maximum possible.

Adding in passive, guild bonuses and adding lock to the items via runes is the way to go .

Also there is some plus lock food .

This post has been edited by JerryDB - March 18, 2014, 22:04:41.
posté March 19, 2014, 14:50:58 | #13
That is the best lock set as far as I'm aware. I haven't looked at new drops from Saharash. I almost never gear solely for lock but instead aim for the max i need for a particular encounter. I also don't have all the stuff.

Here is the budget DP lock build I use.

Another budget build with more lock but you lose canine dodge.

They do require another Feca or Xelor in the team to give you ap each turn. Or a class that removes dodge. You can substitute the belt for any easy to obtain belt with a rune slot. One advantage of these builds is that you only need to be 119 roughly. The first build needs lock food, the second does not. They are also easier to rune because the boots are only level 100 and the belt could be blow up shorts at 100 or mini skirt at 104.

Giving AP is more fun if you control one of the characters on the glyph  

posté March 19, 2014, 23:34:33 | #14
My set is a bit different, but i was trying to go for a "best overall tanky setup", rather then just maximum lock. Of course lock weighs alot.

Im pretty proud of my stats. I haven’t seen any tank of any class i thought was clearly stronger then me.

I was however cheating a bit on that first screenshot. As you can see below i had a +40 lock food and a +12 resistance food. My actual lock is 604 out of combat, 704 in combat.
I have some room for improvements however. Im putting runes on a new shield that will have 8 lock advantage over my current one, and my lock from runes can still increase by 22.

Therefore, when im the "best possible" set (in my view), i will have 734 in combat without food.

These are my items:

Its a pretty standard tanky set. The main differences i noticed between the set you guys suggested is that i choose to use Turq Tutu over wobotic undewweaw, and hagen helm over those wobot glasses.
In my opinion, the glasses give too little block (would require stating more to have 100), and less lock then hagen when you consider the set bonus from helm+ammy. Wobotic might still be nice to keep around case you need a bit more control or ini for a fight, but i think that as a standard set hagen is still better.
And tutu gives control and resists over the undewweaw. Undewweaw has interesting ini for a ini set, and a second rune spot, but those wobotic items are muuuuuch harder to rune then my lower level picks and a player that isint extremely rich might end up having higher stats from the lower level items with cheaper runes.

The imperial defender is the shield i mentioned above i could upgrade (to the wo shield). Ive been waiting to do so because my imperial is fully runed and is still worth a bit more resists, plus because i think imperial looks awesome and wo is ugly (which might actually be the main reason).

And to finish showing off:

Obviously this one is cheating tons. I had like 300 bonus lock from tormentor.

This post has been edited by YetAnotherNewbie - March 19, 2014, 23:41:54.
Reason for edit : english!
posté March 20, 2014, 14:40:47 | #15

Quote (YetAnotherNewbie @ 19 March 2014 23:34) *
My set is a bit different, but i was trying to go for a "best overall tanky setup", rather then just maximum lock. Of course lock weighs alot.

Despite what your username suggests I've been very impressed with your posts since you've started posting on the forums YAN. I wish I could hit those numbers but the sacrifice to have 10 control is killer.

I still use many items in the 100-120 range because they are easier to rune. I'm only now just starting to go after the higher level gear and rune them. For instance I'm very content with a Bloodthirsty runed to +10% over all the cawwot daggers. It's general dmg so it will fit any build and as a legendary item still competes with the higher level items in game. I've made it a habit to rune legendary items to +10 because they last such a long time.

Hagen is certainly a better all round set. Good resist, lock, block and it actually has earth dmg. The only things missing imo are crits and control. I also value initiative but that's secondary most times. Those are the stats I'm after as a Feca. But if you search for items containing those... you'll be disappointed.

My only question is why the Jarno? I see most builds containing that but i feel 35hp, 2lock, 1block, and 2res is not worth 25% earth/water dmg from another runed rocky fist.

posté March 20, 2014, 16:05:15 | #16

Quote (Gynrei @ 20 March 2014 14:40) *

Quote (YetAnotherNewbie @ 19 March 2014 23:34) *

Despite what your username suggests I've been very impressed with your posts since you've started posting on the forums YAN. I wish I could hit those numbers but the sacrifice to have 10 control is killer.

My only question is why the Jarno? I see most builds containing that but i feel 35hp, 2lock, 1block, and 2res is not worth 25% earth/water dmg from another runed rocky fist.

when i chose this account name was not aware other people got to see it, and i was just starting.
And naturally a control build would have a different look! Im leveling a second feca to play support and she wont have almost any lock or resistance.

And chosing the Jarno is just a natural consequence of the stats i deem valuable in my tank build. My philosophy is that just as a DD wont care if his items have +healing, i dont care if mine have +damage. To me tanking is about having resistance, lock, health and block, so i value these above damage.

Of course i am aware damage increases our earth shields, but a 25% dmg increase is just 25 more damage to our shields *when we spend a full turn shielding* (which for me ends up not being often), and my intuition tells me that the extra starting health and damage reduction from resistance (from the item and from stat points i save with that block) are more helpfull.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté March 20, 2014, 20:05:20 | #17

Quote (Gynrei @ 19 March 2014 14:50) *

This multi-glyph ap supply seems to good to be true. When I tried it on my xelor, in third turn of fight I had 30ap (with SkaleMM and xel's tricks). And my feca isn't even optimal build for ap supply.
Is it confirmed that this isn't a bug or devs' mistake? Ankama tends to forbid effect stacking for buffing spells.

posté March 22, 2014, 00:31:12 | #18
They spend two years or so doing this revamp.
As I said at the start of this guide I think feca's are amazing and Ankama loves their nerf hammer so get the most use of out it while you can. I could be wrong they may never nerf it who knows (soon to be a 10 year Ankama player).

This post has been edited by JerryDB - March 22, 2014, 21:14:01.
posté March 24, 2014, 18:47:30 | #19

Quote (semcorda @ 20 March 2014 20:05) *

Quote (Gynrei @ 19 March 2014 14:50) *

This multi-glyph ap supply seems to good to be true. When I tried it on my xelor, in third turn of fight I had 30ap (with SkaleMM and xel's tricks). And my feca isn't even optimal build for ap supply.
Is it confirmed that this isn't a bug or devs' mistake? Ankama tends to forbid effect stacking for buffing spells.

I recall seeing it stated Ankama thought the AP was fair given what it costs the Feca. It takes a few turns before it's effective and monsters can always knock you off glyphs so there is always potential for wasted turns. Team mates can always hinder this game play. I've had people sac or move my character off glyphs thinking they were saving me which caused me to lose all that AP. YOu also can't stray far from the Feca making this a turret play style.

Having another DPS in place of the Feca is more reliable and mobile as they always have more freedom in their turn.

Quote (YetAnotherNewbie @ 20 March 2014 16:05) *
Of course i am aware damage increases our earth shields, but a 25% dmg increase is just 25 more damage to our shields *when we spend a full turn shielding* (which for me ends up not being often), and my intuition tells me that the extra starting health and damage reduction from resistance (from the item and from stat points i save with that block) are more helpfull.

It isn't always true that a few more res will out do the shields extra effect but if you find you don't shield often I'd go for defense as well. If you spend more time teleporting and casting armors you certainly don't need offensive stats. The extra res is a passive bonus that's always in effect and working for you.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté March 24, 2014, 19:29:28 | #20
For those who havent seen, the nerf hammer has hit Feca Staff, 1/turn use now on Wed maintenance. Ofc, feca is still powerful unless all you used it for was the AP. Plus you can still give someone 3-6ap a turn once you get the set up rolling, while still provoking 2 monsters or building up some more shield or laying down other armors/glyphs with the AP you have left over.

This post has been edited by smallz117 - March 24, 2014, 19:31:40.