Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

Kewkky's Fire/Water Sram Guide, Feel free to ask questions!
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté February 22, 2014, 23:47:00 | #1
Kewkky's Fire/Water Sram Guide PART 1 -- Introduction
PART 2 -- Characteristics and Specialties
PART 3 -- Spells
PART 4 -- Equips
PART 5 -- Leveling areas
PART 6 -- Late Game Strategies (Under Construction)
----- HOW TO SOLO LENALDS/BLACK WABBITS
----- HOW TO SOLO MECHABRAS

****Feel free to ask questions!****

PART 1 -- Introduction:

Hi there! I'm Kewkky, a lv145 solo Sram player. I've been a straight Sram player since they were released back before Launch, and am still going strong. been a straight soloing kinda guy too, I've got no other accounts and solo'd my way to 140 before the Sidekicks blog even existed. I'm not the strongest Sram around, but slowly making my way there (what stops me is finding the equips I need). In terms of my character's build, I'm pretty confident of what I've done, and am pretty sure I've got the best possible setup going. So let's get started with a little summary of why you should (or shouldn't, if it's not your thing) go Fire/Water:

As you may know, Srams are currently one of the weaker classes out there at the moment. With no Area-of-Effect (a.k.a. AoE) or ranged spells, we're forced to go close combat with every enemy, which means we'll be taking damage if we don't play right. If that wasn't enough, we're a class that truly shines when we backstab our enemies; some of our effects don't activate unless we hit their backs (or sides, which causes a weaker version of the effects). And to top it off, our ways to get to the enemy's back don't guarantee that we will get there (Diversion and Look Around You [a.k.a. LAY]), let alone hit with our full strength (Guile's -25% damage effect).

On the bright side, when we do have our setup going, we hit pretty freakin' hard. Not only do we have good effects on our spells when hitting people from their backs, but when we land critical hits (a.k.a. crits), the effect sometimes increases. For some spells the effect doubles, and for others it increases by half. Needless to say, when we crit, it's a sight to behold. At 400% fire damage, with everything set up properly (100 hemorrhage stacks, 100 stabber stacks, and the enemy's back), I was critting the target dummy in Master Kano's respec room for BIIIG damage with just one Execution. Just one! And this scenario is possible against some enemies too! Here's a few screenshots I've been taking, so you can see the big numbers:

Now, on to the actual guide!

PART 2 -- Characteristics and Specialties:
I will be using lv145 as the "level cap":

----- CHARACTERISTICS:
Level 1 = Save points until lv31...
Level 31 = 1 Action Point (AP)
Level 32 = Save points until lv51...
Level 51 = 1 Movement Point (MP)
Level 52 = Start dumping all your points in Critical Hits...
Level 117 = Maxed Critical Hits!
Level 118 = Start putting your points in both Intelligence and Chance from now on...
Level 145: A total of 1 AP, 1 MP, 22 CH, 40 INT, 40 CHA.

At Lv145, your character should have 10AP and 6MP. The ULTIMATE Fire/Water Sram build requires 12AP and 6MP, but it's so difficult getting those last 2 AP with good equips (you require two extremely EXTREMELY rare and VERY expensive items [for the ultimate build, you'll want a Solomonk/Harry Boots/Dark Vlad Eppaulettes, and Woboots/Genetically Modified Eppaulettes], plus another item that allows you to wear one of them [Amuleto or Whispered Ring]) that you might as well build around 10AP/6MP.

NOTE: When you put a point in Intelligence or Chance, it costs 3 ability points. However, if one of them is higher than the other, then the lower stat will only require 1 ability point. Which means that by increasing both, you end up averaging out only 2 ability points per Intelligence/Chance!

----- SPECIALTIES:
Level 1 = Start dumping all your points into Double...
Level 19 = Maxed Double!
Level 20 = Start dumping all your points into Master Stabber...
Level 39 = Maxed Master Stabber!
Level 40 = Start dumping points into Diversion...
Level 57 = Maxed Diversion!
Level 58 = Start dumping points into Scram...
Level 75 = Maxed Scram!
Level 76 = Start dumping points into Invisibility...
Level 93 = Maxed Invisibility!
Level 94 = Start dumping points into Sram to the Bone...
Level 113 = Maxed Sram to the Bone!
Level 114 = Start dumping points into Look Around You...
Level 133 = Maxed Look Around You!
Level 134 = Start dumping points into Sram Reflex...
Level 145 = Sram Reflex stops at Lv12.

NOTE: Some people would argue that Look-Around-You (LAY) is a better choice than Diversion. And they wouldn't be wrong, but they're also not right! It depends on the situation and how you want to build your character. I choose Diversion first because not only does it have a higher chance of success (LAY has 30%, while Diversion has 60%), but it's ranged and is far more versatile. You can turn an enemy around from a safe distance so your allies can do more damage, or turn an ally around who's not facing the enemy so they can receive less damage, or activating certain dungeon mechanics that require attacks to activate (it being ranged and costing 1 AP when maxed makes this easy for you), or going invisible and turning the enemy's back for your Double to always do optimal damage, etc...... It simply seems like the best choice to me.

PART 3 -- Spells:
This is a bit harder to explain and follow along with, since the spells you use in a fight depend on the situation. You might try to level a spell, but be forced into a situation where you have to use a different one. Instead of giving you a spell guide to follow, I will just list which spells you use the most, then how they should look like at lv145:

1) Cold Blood = For 3 AP, it deals 53 fire damage and gives the enemy 6 Hemorrhage (hemo) stacks. The low cost makes it versatile, and losing AP from enemy effects or by using Diversion won't affect your final damage output much (unless you lose a LOT of AP, of course). When you crit, it deals 78 fire damage and 10 hemo stacks instead.

2) First Blood = One of the most important Fire/Water Sram spells. Costs 2AP, and has two effects:
-- when the enemy is at full HP, it deals 53 fire damage and 11 hemo stacks. When you crit, it deals 79 fire damage and 23 hemo stacks.
-- when the enemy is not full HP, it deals 33 fire damage. When you crit, it deals 49 fire damage.

NOTE: The reason why First Blood is so important is because of its effect when the enemy's at full HP. There's many enemies in this game that are immune to damage, and can only be hurt when you clear certain conditions. Normally, a character that cannot make him vulnerable simply passes his turns while his party members clear the condition. However, for a Fire Sram it's different! Since the enemy is immune to damage, he's always at max HP, which means that First Blood's primary effect will ALWAYS activate, stacking Hemo at blindingly fast speeds. Needless to say, once the condition is met and you can now damage the enemy, he should have 100 Hemo stacks (if not close to 100). Which means.... HUGE DAMAGE WITH THE NEXT EXECUTION (even more if it crits!!).

3) Execution = Fire's strongest spell. For 6AP and 1MP, it deals 134 fire damage, and for every hemo stack on the enemy the damage is increased by 1%. When you crit, it deals 202 fire damage, and for every hemo stack on the enemy the damage is increased by 2%!

NOTE: Using Execution will remove all hemo stacks from the enemy. It's up to you whether you want to keep the enemy suffering from a fire poison, or remove it for a huge damage bonus on a single attack (if Execution crits).

4) Bloody Ripoff = For 3 AP, deals 53 water damage. If attacking from the side, heals you for 25% of the damage you inflicted. If from the back, heals you by 50%. When you crit, it deals 80 water damage. If attacking from the side, heals you for 50% of the damage you inflicted. If from the back, heals you by 75%.

5) Petty Theft = For 5AP, deals 92 water damage. If attacking from the side, has a 60% chance to steal an AP from the enemy. If from the back, it has a 120% chance. When you crit, it deals 135water damage. If attacking from the side, has a 90% chance to steal an AP from the enemy. If from the back, it has a 180% chance. Only 1 use per turn.

NOTE: Petty Theft has some really high AP-stealing chances, right? The reason for this is that everytime you steal an AP, the enemies build a resistance to having their AP stolen; it's called hyperaction. For every AP stolen, they gain 10% resistance. Since attacking from the back steals AP at a 120% chance, even if they have a 20% resistance, you still are guaranteed to steal an AP at a 100% chance.

6) Fear = Used only for movement purposes, this air attack costs 2 AP and pushes back the target 1 space. Great for escaping locks when stabilized, getting your allies into optimal positions OR away from enemies, pushing enemies into traps, etc etc etc...

7) Tricky Blow = Used only for movement purposes, this air attack costs 4 AP and will move your character back 1 space. Great for escaping locks against stabilized enemies, for getting closer to enemies once you're out of MP, and for who knows how many other scenarios?

8) Guile = Used only for movement purposes, this air attack costs 1 MP and will teleport you across your target, ally or enemy. Great for getting access to your opponent's back, for keeping a Stabber stack going, for escaping a dangerous situation, for getting closer to your enemies when MP is not enough, etc... Only 2 uses per turn.

A nice little combo for the Dual Element once you have 10 AP and 6 MP, is making your way to the opponent's back, then using Petty Theft (costs 5AP, you steal 1AP so the actual cost is now 4AP), then immediately using Execution. Both Fire and Water's strongest moves in one go, and they HAVE to be in that same order (using Execution first will leave you with 4AP, not enough to cast Petty Theft).

Now that I explained all the spells, here's what your spells should look like at level 145:

PART 4 -- Equips:

Most of the time, you'll be leveling too fast for equips. Once you hit lv80 though, your leveling speed will have slowed down to the point where hunting for your next set becomes a good way of leveling up and making money, and you'll STILL wear that next set. There's two ways of leveling up to lv145 (until you get enough stats and specialties to be able to go both Fire/Water): either go fire and be a damage dealer but use bread to heal, or go water and be slightly weaker but heal within fights. The following are two lists of the sets you'll want to aim for as you level up, however since getting into super specifics requires more time, I recommend using the Encyclopedia in this website to find out who drops them(which will also familiarize you with it, if you're a new player!).

Here's the equips you'll want to aim for through the fire route:

1) Red Piwi Set (lv6)
2) Gobball Set (lv15)
3) Scara Set (lv26)
4) Golden Scara Set (lv42)
5) Infernal Set (lv68)
6) Lunar Set(lv72)
7) Dark Hurl Set (lv80)
8) Excarnus Set (lv95)
9) Vampyro Set (lv95)
10) Lenald Set (lv133)
11) Wobot set (lv152) - Requires Amuleto necklace (rare Black Wabbit dungeon drop) or Whispered Ring (lv85 craft) to wear.

Here's the equips you'll want to aim for through the water route:

1) Blue Piwi set (lv6)
2) Tofu set (lv15)
3) Royal Gobball set (lv35)
4) Cloudy set (lv48)
5) Ivory Zord set (lv62)
6) Infernal Set (lv68)
7) Dark Hurl Set (lv80)
8) Excarnus Set (lv95)
9) Vampyro Set (lv95)
10) Lenald Set (lv133)
11) Wobot set (lv152) - Requires Amuleto necklace (rare Black Wabbit dungeon drop) or Whispered Ring (lv85 craft) to wear.

Lastly, here's a few other non-set equips you'll want to aim for as you level:

- Scemu Ring (lv126, ring) = +91HP, +10 INI, +21% Fire and Water damage, +5% Resist, +10% CMC Damage. 1 rune slot.
- Tortured Soul (lv100, ring) = +47HP, +20 INI, +19% Fire and Water damage, +7% Heals. 1 rune slot.

- Zeorus Blade (lv100, 1h weapon) = +1 AP, +82HP, +30% General Damage, +4% CRIT. 1 rune slot.
- Rogmourne (lv114, 1h weapon) = +1 AP, +94HP, +4% CRIT, 38% General Damage, +10% CRIT Damage, -10 Block. 1 rune slot.
- Hushed Scepter (lv115, 1h weapon) = +1 AP, +61HP, +18 INI, -40 Dodge, +45% General Damage. 1 rune slot.

- Ketcha Fishbone (lv112, dagger) = +31% General Damage, +12% Backstab Damage, +17 INI, +17 Dodge, +1% CRIT. 1 rune slot.
- The Ripper (lv126, dagger) = +117HP, +15 INI, +2% CRIT, 41% Fire and Water damage, 12% CRIT Damage. 1 rune slot.

- Hushed Epaulettes (lv117, shoulder) = +115HP, +32 INI, +3 Block, +2% CRIT, +21% General Damage, +16% Resist. 1 rune slot.

- Mechamulet (lv125, neck) = +1 AP, +7 Wisdom, +13 PP, +18% General Damage, +4% Resist. 1 rune slot.

- Inkap (lv139, helmet) = +1 Range, +1 Control, +138HP, +18 INI, +38 Dodge, +3% CRIT, +38% Fire and Water damage, +18% CMC Damage, +18% Resist. 2 rune slots.

- Sugnuf Skin (lv148, cape) = +1 AP, +124HP, +17 INI, +4% CRIT, +43% Fire and Water damage, +12% CRIT damage, +16% Resist. 2 rune slots.

- Sram Emblem (Insignia) = +1 to all spell levels, +9% General Damage.

NOTE: As you can see, there's a big gap between the last few sets. This is because there's not really any accessible fire/water gear during these levels. The only one between them is the Larduous set, and it's dropped by the dreaded Dragon Pig, the strongest Ultimate Boss in the game currently (and due to the nature of the current strategy in the fights, as a Sram you don't contribute anything... Plus the people who do it are those who are fully equipped and super strong Scratch that, we actually do great at Dragon Pig as Srams. We do fantastic, even! However you'll be running it for a long while to get your Larduous set materials, so keep that in mind. By the time you get it, you'd be better off simply wearing Lenald or Wobot.

PART 5 - Leveling Areas:

Thanks to having two elements, you'll have access to many areas to level in. If there's an enemy resistant to fire, you'll have a water arsenal to fall back upon and vice-versa. It's refreshing!

For the first half of your leveling career, you'll probably get all the exp you need by hunting for your next set of equips. (or by partying with friends and running dungeons), so to be fair there's not much I can recommend here. However, for the latter half of your time, there's a good number of areas that would help you level:

-- Bilbiza (lv90 -> lv100) = Storyline Quest; Challenges; All Bilbibeach monsters, Strawberry/Lemon Bilbiboys, Strawberry/Lemon Jellies; Hunter's Guild quests.
-- Chillberg Island, on Ice Floe (lv100 -> 110) = Storyline Quest; Challenges; Brrrbliwis/Brrrblis; Hunter's Guild quests.
-- Chillberg Island, on Harebourg Country (lv110 -> lv120) = Challenges; Mechabras (especially during that Mecathlon challenge!); Hunter's Guild quests.
-- Wabbit Island (lv120 -> 145) = Storyline Quests; Challenges; Black Wabbit/Black Gwandpa Wabbit, Mini Lenald/Lenald; Hunter's Guild quests.
-- Wabbit Tunnels (lv130 -> 145) = Challenges (they give enormous amounts of experience).

By being a Fire/Water Sram, you can solo all of this content even without the use of multimen. Since you can swap elements to match your opponent's weaker resistance, simply do so and your life will be easy.

PART 6 -- Later-Game Strategies:
-- Under Construction, it'll take some time --

Pics will be provided for better understanding!

----- HOW TO SOLO MECHABRAS
----- HOW TO SOLO LEAPING COPRINUS (BLACK SPORE)
----- HOW TO SOLO BLACK WABBITS/LENALDS (with the exception of Black Wo Wabbit, Old Lenald, and Fatt Lenald)

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - April 21, 2014, 01:09:43.
Reason for edit : Changed 5MP to 6MP
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2009-07-01
posté February 23, 2014, 00:15:22 | #2
Great Job! Thank you.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-02-22
posté February 23, 2014, 01:24:16 | #3
AMAZING!! Thanks.  

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-01-08
posté February 23, 2014, 05:27:27 | #4
This is just the guide I need !! THANK YOU!!

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2007-10-13
posté February 23, 2014, 10:18:58 | #5

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 22 February 2014 23:47) *
NOTE: As you can see, there's a big gap between the last few sets. This is because there's not really any accessible fire/water gear during these levels. The only one between them is the Larduous set, and it's dropped by the dreaded Dragon Pig, the strongest Ultimate Boss in the game currently (and due to the nature of the current strategy in the fights, as a Sram you don't contribute anything... Plus the people who do it are those who are fully equipped and super strong).
If there are people who believe in you, they will take you anywhere, and you will rock anywhere.

posté February 23, 2014, 20:03:57 | #6

Quote (krutaismagisters @ 23 February 2014 10:18) *

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 22 February 2014 23:47) *
NOTE: As you can see, there's a big gap between the last few sets. This is because there's not really any accessible fire/water gear during these levels. The only one between them is the Larduous set, and it's dropped by the dreaded Dragon Pig, the strongest Ultimate Boss in the game currently (and due to the nature of the current strategy in the fights, as a Sram you don't contribute anything... Plus the people who do it are those who are fully equipped and super strong).
If there are people who believe in you, they will take you anywhere, and you will rock anywhere.

I still wouldn't recommend it as a regular set upgrade, simply because not everyone has the luxury of having OP friends who want to take them everywhere. If they can, it's awesome! But they'll still need 16 Dragon Pig Bloods (which equals to 24 runs without including donations) and all the mess of materials required, plus for them or their friends to have armorer and tailor at Lv100.

It's just way too big of a hassle to say "after Excarnus, go Dragon Pig!". It's far easier and accessible to simply shoot straight for Lenald.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - February 24, 2014, 03:38:06.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté February 24, 2014, 06:40:38 | #7
o.o why is this stickied?

posté February 24, 2014, 07:03:07 | #8
It was supposed to be stickied in the Sram forums... Guess when it was moved it got auto-stickied here?

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2009-07-01
posté February 24, 2014, 18:25:20 | #9
Wont be more useful 6 MP?

posté February 24, 2014, 18:35:10 | #10

Quote (Rockixe @ 24 February 2014 18:25) *
Wont be more useful 6 MP?
6MP is more useful, but you'd have to sacrifice a lot of stats for it, and getting 6MP out of gear is not easy nor readily accessible as a Fire/Water class.

EDIT: My bad, the guide already puts you at 6MP. Base 3MP, 1 from stats, 1 from shoes, and 1 from BP.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - February 24, 2014, 22:28:41.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-02-24
posté February 24, 2014, 22:56:45 | #11
So while levelling we should stick to one element instead of going dual element from the start? Or would it matter if we went dual element from the start? Would it just slow down the damage? As for the element thingy does water just do less damage and is equally viable?

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-02-22
posté February 24, 2014, 23:44:27 | #12
I'm leveling up through grinding solo, and for my experience you easily cap the 3 fire skills before you level up. I have found no harm in training up the two water spells in the meantime while I'm grinding. Currently Im level 25 and I have the 3 fire spells to 25, 1 water spell to 25, and petty theft at around 22. IMO, no point in spamming fire spells that are already at their cap.

posté February 24, 2014, 23:49:59 | #13

Quote (ApocaIypse @ 24 February 2014 22:56) *
So while levelling we should stick to one element instead of going dual element from the start? Or would it matter if we went dual element from the start? Would it just slow down the damage? As for the element thingy does water just do less damage and is equally viable?
Like Zakemono says, at one point you won't be getting any more spell exp due to your most-used spells being capped (if you're lv30 then none of your spells can go over lv30, but you'll have more than enough spell exp left for the rest of the spells). At the start your main goal is to level up until you can get the fire/water gear, but until then since there's not that much dual-element equipment around, you'd be better off concentrating on one of the spell trees instead of keeping them all at the same level.

If your elements get too far skewed in one side, you can always respec and fix it later. That's the beauty of having a guide, if you mess up then with some adjustments you can "guide" yourself to the right path.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - February 24, 2014, 23:51:32.
posté February 25, 2014, 01:22:28 | #14

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 24 February 2014 23:49) *

Quote (ApocaIypse @ 24 February 2014 22:56) *
Like Zakemono says, at one point you won't be getting any more spell exp due to your most-used spells being capped (if you're lv30 then none of your spells can go over lv30, but you'll have more than enough spell exp left for the rest of the spells). At the start your main goal is to level up until you can get the fire/water gear, but until then since there's not that much dual-element equipment around, you'd be better off concentrating on one of the spell trees instead of keeping them all at the same level.

If your elements get too far skewed in one side, you can always respec and fix it later. That's the beauty of having a guide, if you mess up then with some adjustments you can "guide" yourself to the right path.
Ok thanks, one laaaast question (beginning to feel bad about bothering you guys lol), when i go invisible why do i turn visible literally the turn after i use it? I go invisible, move and pass, with the thing saying 100% chance to remain invisible, the monster takes it's turn and then it's my turn again and i turn visible o-o, is this supposed to happen? It's occured even when the monster didnt move @_@

posté February 25, 2014, 02:48:35 | #15

Quote (ApocaIypse @ 25 February 2014 01:22) *
Ok thanks, one laaaast question (beginning to feel bad about bothering you guys lol), when i go invisible why do i turn visible literally the turn after i use it? I go invisible, move and pass, with the thing saying 100% chance to remain invisible, the monster takes it's turn and then it's my turn again and i turn visible o-o, is this supposed to happen? It's occured even when the monster didnt move @_@

So, the way invisibility works is that once you go invisible, you gain 300-400 perception (depends on your Invisibility and Sram to the Bone level). Whatever actions you do uses perception, from walking, attacking, using spells... And at the start of your opponent's turn, depending on how much perception you have, you may get revealed. Every movement your opponent does may reveal you, and the chances are higher the closer you are to the enemy. At the start of your second turn in invisibility, you will automatically lose 100-200 perception ( depends on your level, and only on your second turn! Third turn, fourth, doesn't matter, it's ONLY on your second turn). Now the issue here is that once you're under 100 perception, you're now able to be revealed by any action, it's no longer 100%. To make it harder on you, the closer you are to your opponent, the higher the chances of getting revealed JUST by starting your turn.

I'm assuming you have Invisibility low leveled, and from your first turns' actions, you go below 100 perception by your next turn.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - February 25, 2014, 05:32:49.
posté February 25, 2014, 05:20:22 | #16

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 25 February 2014 02:48) *

Quote (ApocaIypse @ 25 February 2014 01:22) *

So, the way invisibility works is that once you go invisible, you gain 300-450 perseption (depends on your Invisibility level). Whatever actions you do uses perception, from walking, attacking, using spells... And at the start of your opponent's turn, depending on how much perception you have, you may get revealed. Every movement your opponent does may reveal you, and the chances are higher the closer you are to the enemy. At the start of your second turn in invisibility, you will automatically lose 100 perception (only on your second turn! Third turn, fourth, doesn't matter, it's ONLY on your second turn). Now the issue here is that once you're under 100 perception, you're now able to be revealed by any action, it's no longer 100%. To make it harder on you, the closer you are to your opponent, the higher the chances of getting revealed JUST by starting your turn.

I'm assuming you have Invisibility low leveled, and from your first turns' actions, you go below 100 perception by your next turn.
Oh, okay, but sometimes im at like 294 perception, nothing hits me, nothing gets very close to me and it just drops to 0 for no reason at my turn :I

posté February 25, 2014, 05:33:57 | #17
My bad I messed up a little on your reply, when you have Invisibility low leveled you lose more than 100 perception at the start of your next turn. If your Invisibility is lv0 for example, you lose 200. Which might explain what you're seeing.

posté February 25, 2014, 05:36:10 | #18

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 25 February 2014 05:33) *
My bad I messed up a little on your reply, when you have Invisibility low leveled you lose more than 100 perception at the start of your next turn. If your Invisibility is lv0 for example, you lose 200. Which might explain what you're seeing.
o, okay, thank you

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-06-01
posté February 25, 2014, 11:29:47 | #19
A Sram guide, on 2014...I think I love you!!!

I have a Sacri Lvl 25 (yes, I am pretty new) BUT my dream was a new (detailed) guide to Sram because I love this class. Thanks!

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-05-08
posté February 26, 2014, 06:51:48 | #20
Fantastic guide thanks a lot for making this. But I was curious to know your thoughts on bled dry vs execution.