Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 27 Novamaire
Skank Hivin
The Skank Hivin festival owes its name to a Dragoturkey breeder. He was so jealous of his cousin, ...

No flash

Kewkky's Fire/Water Sram Guide, Feel free to ask questions!
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté February 26, 2014, 08:42:21 | #21

Quote (Huangnificent @ 26 February 2014 06:51) *
Fantastic guide thanks a lot for making this. But I was curious to know your thoughts on bled dry vs execution.
Execution has a heftier price, but the damage output for the extra cost is just better. Not to mention that besides the bigger base damage, when you crit an Execution its effect doubles while critting a Torment doesn't. Also when running a 10AP build, a 6AP-cost move is actually easier to work with than a 5AP cost; otherwise you'll see yourself spending the remaining AP spamming Diversion or something. A Double also always has 6AP, making for a free Execution every turn (instead of a free Bled Dry + Diversion, which will lower your damage output a lot to be honest). Lastly, since Execution takes away all your Hemo stacks, you don't have to worry about going up to your opponent every turn to keep the stack going (since it disappears if you don't reapply it every turn), while with Bled Dry you have to waste damage output to keep it going.

I tried both in the training area, but it just seemed better for me to stick with Execution.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-01-26
posté March 12, 2014, 09:03:55 | #22
hi kewkky, want to first off by saying great guide for fire/water sram. sram has been one of my favorite class since i started this game and hoping the revamp will come soon. i just have a few question about the fire/water sram build. i was wondering if there would be any benefits for adding in points into shadow master instead of look around you? or is shadow master more of a pvp thing ? also for late game lenald training, i was wondering how would you get exp for your active skills if your clone does all the work?

posté March 15, 2014, 05:59:05 | #23

Quote (JigoloJung @ 12 March 2014 09:03) *
hi kewkky, want to first off by saying great guide for fire/water sram. sram has been one of my favorite class since i started this game and hoping the revamp will come soon. i just have a few question about the fire/water sram build. i was wondering if there would be any benefits for adding in points into shadow master instead of look around you? or is shadow master more of a pvp thing ?
The way I see it, Shadow Master is only useful during PVP, and not too useful either. Petty Theft and Execution will reveal you 100% of the time, and when you attack a monster, they'll now target the cell you just attacked them from. Not to mention you lose a good chunk of your Perception for attacking! And of course, being invisible against single enemies means that all your non-Sr'Ambush spells will be dealing half their damage. Imagine being invisible (1/2 damage), then using Guile to get to your opponent's back (1/4 damage). You've now cut down your damage potential by a LARGE amount! It's better to use Invisibility as a tactical retreat, or to perform sneak tactics on enemies (invisible > Diversion, or summon a double and having him go invisible the first turn so the enemies don't immediately kill it the first turn, or anything else for that matter).

In PvP, the only real downfall to Shadow Master is that your opponent can see how much MP you have left, and they will most likely have AoE attacks. If you attack an enemy and remain invisible, they know you just attacked from the back. If you have 2MP left, now there's a potential 11 spaces where you can move, which they can cover easily by seeing how much MP you use during the rest of your turn (1 or 2) and attacking the potential areas where you may currently be standing on with AoEs. In all honesty, Invisibility isn't really a good offensive tool at the moment, however it's fantastic for getting your opponent to be unaware of what will you hit him with, or where you'll be attacking from (which can lead Sram fight amateurs to wasting WP in order to protect themselves from an attack they expect due to the fear of being nuked with a Petty Theft>Execution combo, or something of the sort).

In short, I recommend leaving Shadow Master for when the level cap raises again and you max out Sram Reflex.

Quote (JigoloJung @ 12 March 2014 09:03) *
also for late game lenald training, i was wondering how would you get exp for your active skills if your clone does all the work?
On the last turn, right before you kill your Lenald, use whatever spells you want to level. Kill the Lenald with them, or help your Double finish them off by inflicting extra damage on them. Since you're about to end the fight, no need to fear being revealed!

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - March 15, 2014, 22:03:07.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-01-26
posté March 15, 2014, 10:24:32 | #24
Thank you for the in-depth explanation. I really appreciated . Also in terms of gears at around lv 123, would a lenald set, maltial cape, whisper ring, torture soul ring, and excarnus amulet be a good setup?

posté March 15, 2014, 21:50:16 | #25

Quote (JigoloJung @ 15 March 2014 10:24) *
Thank you for the in-depth explanation. I really appreciated . Also in terms of gears at around lv 123, would a lenald set, maltial cape, whisper ring, torture soul ring, and excarnus amulet be a good setup?
Yes it would, it would be a good setup. I personally kept a full Vamp set (including BP and epps) until I wore my maltial cape, but a Whispered Ring can help you accomplish the same earlier. Once you're high enough level, swap your Whisperer with a Scemu and you're good to go.

EDIT: Added a new late-game strategy: How to solo Mechabras!

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - March 17, 2014, 04:11:04.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2009-04-12
posté March 22, 2014, 00:10:37 | #26
Hey, I love the guide and I love sram, however I have some questions. I can't seem to solo dungeons very well. Were just several levels above when groups run it or am I just not playing correctly?

I can 1v1 monsters several levels above me, but when it comes to groups I seem to get annihilated. I am currently only lvl 48ish so maybe it will improve in the future. Any advice you can offer on how to take groups better would be much appreciated.

Again awesome guide and thank you for putting the time in to make it!

posté March 22, 2014, 05:37:10 | #27

Quote (DeathFollows @ 22 March 2014 00:10) *
Hey, I love the guide and I love sram, however I have some questions. I can't seem to solo dungeons very well. Were just several levels above when groups run it or am I just not playing correctly?

I can 1v1 monsters several levels above me, but when it comes to groups I seem to get annihilated. I am currently only lvl 48ish so maybe it will improve in the future. Any advice you can offer on how to take groups better would be much appreciated.

Again awesome guide and thank you for putting the time in to make it!
The trick to being able to solo dungeons properly is to heal the damage enemies do to you. At the earlier levels this is difficult since you dont heal much... But once you're around lv100ish, you'll be soloing dungeons like a pro. At lv140 and with 440% fire and water, i was soloing Mussly Hammam (barely, had to play smart at boss else I died), so take that however you will.

For the lower levels though, like I said, your damage output is simply too low. Srams start out slow then get way better, you just have to endure it for now.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2006-06-03
posté April 07, 2014, 16:30:30 | #28
Awsome guide this will help out alot for my sram wasent sure if making him ful int for cha but this is a nice build for them.

posté April 08, 2014, 06:29:30 | #29

Quote (tomzaka @ 07 April 2014 16:30) *
Awsome guide this will help out alot for my sram wasent sure if making him ful int for cha but this is a nice build for them.
Glad to be of help! That's pretty much why I made the guide, after all!

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-09-07
posté April 10, 2014, 13:56:03 | #30
first of all, thank you very much for making such a wonderful guide.

been using this since i started my sram, and now she's level 53. following everything and doing things according to my taste.

just got a few questions:

i've gotten the +1ap and the +1mp and now im thinking if i will max my crit hit. will it be ok if i put everything now to int and chance? or maxing the crit is a lot better?

how about the initiative? if i invest everything here for the bonuses,will that be ok?

about the "first blood" spell, im starting to think this spell is not good at all. i mean it does little damage although it only cost 2ap, it doesn't give hemo unless the enemy is in full health w/c i find kind of hard cos i always start w/ guile. the only thing that makes me level it up are the things you pointed out about it being useful on targets that has certain conditions that must be met before it takes damage.

posté April 10, 2014, 15:22:49 | #31

Quote (AntiGenesis @ 10 April 2014 13:56) *
first of all, thank you very much for making such a wonderful guide.

been using this since i started my sram, and now she's level 53. following everything and doing things according to my taste.

just got a few questions:

i've gotten the +1ap and the +1mp and now im thinking if i will max my crit hit. will it be ok if i put everything now to int and chance? or maxing the crit is a lot better?

You could go whichever way, but maxing Crit is most effevtive. If you take Crit's points and divide them evenly between int/cha, you'll end up with 330 points, which equates to a 41% damage increase and resistance increase. It's up to you ultimately if you'd rather have a guaranteed base damage increase, or a higher chance of a final damage increase.

how about the initiative? if i invest everything here for the bonuses,will that be ok?

Sadly, initiative doesn't really benefit us much. We would go first almost every time, but at the expense of lower damage. If the enemies start off far away, that's your first turn you just wasted since you can't get to them and run away without running out of MP before you are far enough to avoid their attacks. I recommend statting to increase your damage instead, your gear's initiative is more than enough (I have 189 from gear alone for example, and I still have lots of improvement left).

about the "first blood" spell, im starting to think this spell is not good at all. i mean it does little damage although it only cost 2ap, it doesn't give hemo unless the enemy is in full health w/c i find kind of hard cos i always start w/ guile. the only thing that makes me level it up are the things you pointed out about it being useful on targets that has certain conditions that must be met before it takes damage.

When your first First Blood does the same damage as a Cold Blood, whenever you have 4ap to spare at the end of your turn, two First Bloods will always do more damage than one Cold Blood. Also, once you have 9AP at your disposal, you can start off enemies with First Blood and Cold Blood (5ap plus a lot of Hemo stacks), then with the remaining AP, summon a double to use Execution from the enemy's back. It's a buttload of damage, to be sure.

Also, since First Blood costs less AP, you could hit an enemy's back more times than with Cold Blood and earn more Stabber Stacks. This is especially true when you have 4AP to spare, since two First Bloods do more damage than one Cold Blood anyway (even if the enemy doesn't have full HP).

I wouldn't start turns with Guile. Guile cuts all your damage by 25% for the rest of the turn, and since you use it first, your damage will always be low. If you use it twice, your entire damage output will be cut in half! You end up doing the same damage by simply attacking from the front than guiling behind enemies and attacking from the back (back attacks are multiplied by 25%, and Guile cuts damage by 25%). Later on once you earn Diversion and Look Around You, you'll be relying less on Guile to get to their backs, which means First Blood will start shining through more.

Pure Fire Srams tend to use Bled Dry more than First Blood due to the extra damage they get when an enemy is below 15% health. If you don't agree with the First Blood concept, you could always level that spell instead. Both are good moves and have their uses in different situations, but I found First Blood more useful ultimately, which is why I use it and put it in this guide.

posté April 11, 2014, 04:32:47 | #32
ok all notes taken. thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions kewkeyy.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-03-22
posté April 15, 2014, 10:21:18 | #33
question, if i ever have 12ap(hoping it would happen), what would be my best combo after my turn where i put my double?

posté April 15, 2014, 11:53:14 | #34

Quote (Lord-Nyx @ 15 April 2014 10:21) *
question, if i ever have 12ap(hoping it would happen), what would be my best combo after my turn where i put my double?
Probably 3 executions. That's like 278 base damage in one turn, then your double attacks for an extra 139 base dage, adding up to a total of 417 base damage. That is one hell of a number.

Othsrwise, two Bloody Ripoffs to heal yourself and deal 116 water base damage, then Execution for 139 fire base damage. Plus your Double's execution, 139 fire base damage again.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-05-02
posté May 02, 2014, 16:53:39 | #35
Hi Kewkky! I've been following your guide since I started a Sram over on APAC server and it works great, thanks!

Though I have a few questions regarding equipments on levels 70-90. Currently I have Dark Hurl, but I have no idea what to use on the empty slots (e.g. rings, amulet, boots). Friends suggested me pieces of Lunar set but I'm wondering if you have any better choices? Thanks.

posté May 03, 2014, 06:22:15 | #36

Quote (Drysteel @ 02 May 2014 16:53) *
Hi Kewkky! I've been following your guide since I started a Sram over on APAC server and it works great, thanks!

Though I have a few questions regarding equipments on levels 70-90. Currently I have Dark Hurl, but I have no idea what to use on the empty slots (e.g. rings, amulet, boots). Friends suggested me pieces of Lunar set but I'm wondering if you have any better choices? Thanks.
There's not many choices for fire/water between lv70-90. I would recommend going for Lunar, or Sacred (with Lunar Necklace) if you use fire; Gobbsage, or Starry (with Gobbsage String) if you use Water.

posté May 06, 2014, 03:40:12 | #37
Does the +15% heals on certain equipment affects the steal hp of blood ripoff?

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2011-12-01
posté May 06, 2014, 05:08:46 | #38

Quote (AntiGenesis @ 06 May 2014 03:40) *
Does the +15% heals on certain equipment affects the steal hp of blood ripoff?
I do not believe it does as it is a heal based off of how much damage you're doing. Not just a straight up heal spell that would take into account the normal mastery plus the heal bonus.

- Kat

posté May 06, 2014, 05:50:50 | #39
Kurokat is absolutely right. Your heals are a flat 50% of the damage you inflict; the only way to increase your heals is by improving your damage, or your critical hits.

posté June 01, 2014, 06:45:13 | #40
Deprecated.