Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Nox16's profile
Statistics
3276 Posts (1.82 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 01:10:38 | #1

Quote (Akiraiz @ 23 January 2017 01:02) *

Quote (Nox16 @ 23 January 2017 00:44) *
I think the merge is not a bad thing the only thing i hope/ask for is that you try not to take away years of progress just because you want to do it fast.
Somewhere in the terms and conditions of Wakfu probably states that Wakfu owns every piece of property within the game and are free to do with what they please within the game.

I've been advocating the years of progress being quite a painful thing to lose, but I honestly doubt Ankama would consider or have time to bother with that.
1. Server costs. Ankama has to make money somehow, and Remington and the Fench community seem to be the most important. The latter statement is pure speculation based on the population size of Remington being higher and French community seemingly more favored or listened to for obvious reasons, but server costs for keeping all 3 servers up is just not feasible anymore and that is why this is happening.
2. Old unoptimized code in the game. There's just no way around it. Unless you have a big hope that Ankama is about to pull some Haven World revamp out of their magic hats, Nox and Phaeris will be losing their haven worlds, and there is very very little chance we will have another shot in getting one in Remington. "Being fair" isn't exactly the most fair comment and suggesting Remington lose their haven worlds and give everyone a chance to get a HW is just being mean to a larger playerbase, and let's face it. Remington is simply larger than the other two servers.

Honestly, any suggestion to Haven Worlds as if wanting to rework it or change the code around it is almost akin to shouting into the void.
Xillor has made a thread with the list of concerns already which summarize a good point of it. It would be better if we argue about things that have a chance of happening. Keeping our haven worlds is just not possibly one of them. Well, this is all under the context of the fact we have no information whatsoever, so we are just basing on what previous merges or migrations are.
i didnt say they didnt have the right to do it just hoping they wont there is a difference. In addition you can keep saying the same thing and point the same things out but how is that productive?

As for Remington and havenworld are concerned I did mention it was a crab bucket approach. How is being larger superior? You make it so it seems there is no hope and that we should just accept that everything will be lost so there is no point in asking for it not to be. How is taking away from Remington and what they are taking away in theory from the other two servers any different? Size should not matter and im sure this is where you will retort *size does matter because remington isn't the one being merged* I would ask what server you play on because if it is Remington then of course you wouldnt want them to remove what they are going to remove from us there is a bias just like i have a bias that they should take things away to make it more even. Heck i have even advocated in game to my guild mats they should wipe the markets and all kamas when they merge. I even think the Remington merge is a short sighted id because can the server even handle it? I think it would be better to try and either one create a new better server in general and move everyone there. I am much more open to losing some things then i think most will be for example haven world i could lose mine but id prefer not to simply due to usefulness. I am much more concerned about achievements and items personally but different players care about different things.

Honestly, any suggestions that we should just say and do nothing is like shouting into the void.

This post has been edited by Nox16 - January 24, 2017, 18:17:30.
Reason for edit : im a bitter bitter person
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #996836  Replies : 174  Views : 3027
posté Yesterday - 00:44:02 | #2
Like many have said a good solution to haven world and guild is to do what other mmos have done and just make them instances i mean id suggest changing how haven world works just because they are such a huge investment people will be fairly upset that they lose them and im assuming the Remington people will keep theirs? so it also becomes an issue with fairness in some ways why not remove theirs as well? I know that is a bit of a crab bucket argument but if your going to take away guilds, haven world, and possibly achievements/items/ quests/ names from two servers you should do Remington the same. As the economy goes i have no solution to that since im more worried that my progress from playing the game since launch will all be taken away? what about costumes? what about achievements? i'm sure you will answer these things and im sure they will upset me because i know ankama and they are just going to wipe everything and probably leave me with a high level character with no gear or anything to start new on a server that i will probably have crazy ping on so i cant play anyway.

I think the merge is not a bad thing the only thing i hope/ask for is that you try not to take away years of progress just because you want to do it fast.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #996829  Replies : 174  Views : 3027
posté January 07, 2017, 01:44:40 | #3
Astrub bank secret door Hi, Nox16 here i was recently looking around and i found this "secret entrance" below the astrub bank in the docks that you have to jump to get to. The door says "only the bravest may go through this door" and i cannot enter. Does anyone know what this is about? will provide screen shots if needed. I asked around and noone seemed to know what it was.

edit: i looked on the forums and people seem to think its for a unreleased harebourg questline possibly. Click here

Reason for edit : more info
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #994806  Replies : 5  Views : 453
posté December 11, 2016, 08:05:01 | #4
sidekicks and epics/relics Hi i was using my trank and i noticed that the epic i have on him is red which means its not given its effect so im curious do epics and relics no longer work on them? edit: it seems it does give the effects since trank has 7 mp but thats still odd it shows it shouldnt work and doesnt show the stats on the stats screen.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #991015  Replies : 2  Views : 219
posté December 10, 2016, 05:34:35 | #5
Join Arcane Hi im Davros long time player first time guild recruiter. Arcane is looking for new members. We are a Amakna guild with a full haven world and all the accouterments. We are a pretty chill guild who likes to help each other out. Arcane has been around for ages so if your interested in joining write a comment in this thread giving your name, playtime, level, and idk a fun fact.

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #990916  Replies : 0  Views : 119
posté November 04, 2016, 01:26:51 | #6
What makes me so mad is that they will not accept my money. I sent in a ticket idk why i cant pay for things.

Thread : News  Preview message : #986528  Replies : 100  Views : 3557
posté October 15, 2016, 22:32:58 | #7

Quote (TheRogueCat @ 15 October 2016 20:54) *
It's a text brainfarting. The right category to make that item is at Herbalist, not at Tailor.
omg shame me.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #983542  Replies : 26  Views : 557
posté October 15, 2016, 19:39:03 | #8
On the brakmar nation quest when you choose to do the quest to craft things for charles henri of vileardent he asks you to bring him things. On the third group he requests basic string which does not exist in the game so this needs to be replaced? because you cannot complete the quest and you cannot go back and choose to pay. the official quest name is Charles- Henri of Vileardent. I hope this is fixed so i can complete the quest.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #983513  Replies : 26  Views : 557
posté August 05, 2016, 01:55:39 | #9

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #974678  Replies : 55  Views : 1664
posté July 29, 2016, 18:07:25 | #10
Game client errors I am writing another report saying that my main client is stuck in a update desync thing. I cannot launch the game using the main client neither can i with the steam client. The updater just says it keeps checking for updates until it desyncs making it so i can not play the game at all. If you need anything to help me fix this please tell me. edit: i tried to reinstall and it gives me the same desync.

Here:  

Reason for edit : image
Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #973940  Replies : 0  Views : 154
posté July 26, 2016, 03:05:27 | #11
client update desync issue When i use the main client for the game it says updating and then says failed to sync to servers. Thought i should report this.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #973530  Replies : 0  Views : 187
posté July 16, 2016, 05:13:45 | #12
wait is this my hw listed? my guild is still active and we use our haven world. amakna north point which hw is this? cause the one by the cloudy tofu dungeon is used.

Thread : News  Preview message : #972548  Replies : 153  Views : 6585
posté July 13, 2016, 07:00:26 | #13
im happy that ryf got his idea in the game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #971952  Replies : 9  Views : 1396
posté July 13, 2016, 07:00:09 | #14
you have to kill a summon on the freshwater tiles.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #971951  Replies : 22  Views : 2379
posté July 13, 2016, 06:27:31 | #15
Character name: Davros
Date and time: anytime
Map: anymap
Server: nox

Bug description: I keep getting massive ping spikes that ive seen go to 10,000 before and then it goes down to about 150ping again. It will do this randomly.
Reproducibility process: it will happen at any time.

Screenshots:
Game logs:
will provide if needed.

I got a new computer and this is only happening on wakfu with such high ping spikes.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #971945  Replies : 3  Views : 411
posté July 13, 2016, 03:09:24 | #16
actually you kill a summon on the tile.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #971898  Replies : 22  Views : 2379
posté July 13, 2016, 02:46:10 | #17
how do you hurt him. cause ive tried everything

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #971894  Replies : 22  Views : 2379
posté July 11, 2016, 03:33:53 | #18
like with mmos people always come back after awhile its a cycle. Though i will always miss when the forums were more heated. *wistfully looks into the sunset* oh the days.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #971527  Replies : 14  Views : 810
posté July 10, 2016, 18:53:46 | #19
on my laptop it would be around 50 ping most of the time but yeah idk why i have such a delay when my ping is just 150ish. i did try the speedtest and it gave this pc a 38 ping. nothing else has a delay like this which is why i think its so odd because my laptop is from 2011 and this pc is new. so it does seem to be a wakfu problem?

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #971478  Replies : 5  Views : 582
posté July 10, 2016, 03:38:57 | #20
my ping is 150ish but on my laptop its much lower... idk why my main pc has worse ping when it's right next to the router.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #971411  Replies : 5  Views : 582