Pandawa back in the days
One of the beauty of this class when it first came out was the reasoning behind the way they had to fight. The fire spells could only be used if Pandawas were within 1 cell from their barrel, the reason for that is that they had to use the liters from the barrel to cast fire spells (use alcohol). The water branch played similarly, they could only cast their spells on the barrel, consuming the alcohol to inflict area water damage. On the other hand, the earth branch could only inflict damage by carrying the barrel. This way of playing made sense and it was one of the joys of playind pandawa, ideally. However, pratically it did not work. These limitations made the class weak and hard to play and Ankama decided to abolish this gameplay. I am sad about it, because this gameplay had such a great potential! It could be improved in every way.
This is one of the reasons why I am writing this suggestion. The idea behind it is to bring back this old Panda gameplay and merge it with the current gameplay. I am not going to go as restrictive as they used to be, though, instead I will bring the possibility of adding two different gameplays for each one of the three branches. The modifications mainly impact the elemental spells and they are not going to completely change it, let’s say that it will make it more dinamic and versatile. Only some of the passive skills are changed to adjust to their new possibilities.
Summary of Changes
- Fire spells, with the exception of Flaming Burp, now inflict single target and ranged damage and apply different kind of states. However, if the Pandawa is found within 1 cell from his/her barrel, they consume some of it’s liters to change the spell and inflict area of effect damage.
- Water spells, with the exception of Milky Breath, now inflict single target and ranged damage or healing. If cast on a barrel the spell becomes area based and consumes some of it’s liters.
- Earth spells, with the exception of Triple Whammy, inflict high single-target and close combat damage. If cast when carrying the barrel, the spell consumes some of its liters and infliters either area damage or self buffs (the pandawa consumes liters to enhance their resistance, for example).
- Triple Whammy, Flaming Burp and Milky Breath can be cast both when carrying and when not carrying the barrel. Each of them will have different effect in each of the states.
- The panda gameplay is now based on area and single target damage. Therefore one of their passives is revamped: Refreshment now increases single target and area of effect damage. It’s name changes to “Versatility”.
- Some of the spells will have three effects for throwing barrel, normal and barrel (Explosive Flask, Splash of Milk and Lactic Acid).
- Dizzy: -0.5% to critical hit per level on enemies. Goes up to level 15. On allies it increases critical hit by 0.5% per level.
This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - January 20, 2017, 00:24:14.