Back to

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Niddhoggy's profile
897 Posts (0.51 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté October 22, 2015, 02:23:39 | #1
Moon Island - Tropike Boss I think that kokonuts are not supposed to blow up right after they're summoned by the boss, otherwise the fight becomes luck based and not strategy based. They also should be able to be moved. No point having classes that can move targets if they can't when it comes handy.

Thread : 1.44 Bug Reports  Preview message : #920832  Replies : 0  Views : 86
posté October 21, 2015, 23:10:04 | #2

A question about the update. Is there any other update planned for later this year? Ankama promised so many things about classes and improvement about current content and we did not have it so far. I know you have to fix the bugs, but there's a lot of content that needs to be improved and only about half of the classes were revamped decently...

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - October 21, 2015, 23:10:16.
Thread : News  Preview message : #920798  Replies : 82  Views : 3305
posté October 21, 2015, 11:28:43 | #3
Hi guys, I changed the main post with other suggestions. These take into account the current Enutrof, I am just improving their gameplay and not revamping. Enjoy your reading  

Thread : Enutrof  Preview message : #920661  Replies : 5  Views : 604
posté October 20, 2015, 20:59:48 | #4
I have a feeling they're giving up. Given the quality of the latest update.

Moon Island doesn't even have a questline. It is just another grinding area.
About half of the classes are not balanced properly, their gameplay completely sucks at the moment. Even if it is all about damage, like Rogues, who can easily reach the highest damage in game, they lack a fun gameplay. Same goes for other classes. Ankama don't even care, they said they wanted to revamp Sadidas and Eniripsas this year, not gonna happen. Osas? Not a possibility.

I am seriously depressed with the game, I feel like it slowly makes me less eager to play it. The same dungeons, always, same content, not even a glimpse of when the next content is coming and some say that only after february next year. Meanwhile, I heard Ankama is messing around with another game, Starfu or something like that. They just don't know what to do anymore sadly, instead of improving existing game they're just expanding their profit.

This game had such potential, but it is slowly becoming a game with a lot of unfinished content and frustrated players.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - October 20, 2015, 21:01:32.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #920516  Replies : 20  Views : 1158
posté October 20, 2015, 10:43:55 | #5
You're right Gelgy. What I don't like in Enutrofs right now is that they are way too focused on these pouches, this consequently creates a lot of interest in the class only for drops, but besides that they are not so special.

I'd like to see an improvement on the Tank Enutrof. I think that they need to polish more the constant switching of Zerk and normal mode. Moreover, I think that they can leave pouches restricted to water branch, I didn't like what they've done to earth and fire, they now can drop pouches as well... finally, they need to get rid of that double pouch, because that's whats been making Enutrofs way too powerful when it comes to item grinding.

So, reviewing my changes, I'd suggest something completely different and only small changes to polish our gameplay instead of revamping it.

For Water, the branch has decent damage but it is weak in close combat. I think that Cutting could remain there to support Tank/CC Enutrof builds (considering a possible improvement).

For Fire, I keep the changes that I have made, I'd love to see that customization of area of effect, would be so fun, strategic and helpful.

For Earth, I suggest deeper changes.

The Earth Branch could have a unique role of strong MP control and lock ability. Earth spells need more variety on zerk mode to make tanking viable. I suggest earth spells to be fixed range, so the effects don't get too overpowered when cast from range. The suggested range is kept on Zerk mode.

Killer Shovel
1 to 2 Range, fixed.
3 AP
81 Damage
-2 MP

On Zerk Mode: switches places, MP loss removed.

Deadly Nightspade
1 to 4 Range, fixed.
3 AP
60 Damage
-1 MP

On Zerk Mode: MP loss replaced by -1 Range. Damage increased by 40%.

Shovel Kiss:
1 to 5 Range, linear, fixed, no line of sight required.
4 AP
96 Damage
-1 MP

On Zerk Mode: the Drhellzerker jumps in front of the target.

Shady Shovel:
1 to 2 Range, fixed.
5 AP
125 Damage
Steals 1 MP

On Zerk Mode: reduces final damage of target by 20% at 200 (doesn't stack).

Shovel Shaker:
1 to 2 Range, fixed, linear.
5 AP, 1 to 4 Range, fixed.
Same Drheller effects, Same damage as now.
-1 MP in the area. -1 Extra MP if Drheller rebounds.

On Zerk Mode: stabilizes the targets in the area. Area reduced to 3 cells.

Drhellzerker Tank: not changed
Enutrof's Blessing:
Lvl. 1: +1 WP every 6 MP points taken. +20% chance to take MP.
Lvl. 2: +1 WP every 4 MP points taken. +40% chance to take MP.

Faking It: new effect for Drhellzerker
Lvl. 1: Applies Barrier under Drhellzerker form. -0.3 damage received per Enu level.
Lvl. 2: Applies Barrier under Drhellzerker form. -0.5 damage received per Enu level.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - October 20, 2015, 11:01:36.
Thread : Enutrof  Preview message : #920399  Replies : 5  Views : 604
posté October 18, 2015, 09:21:47 | #6
Giving a Role to Enutrofs :)! [Suggestion] Following the feedback I changed my ideas. Now, instead of revamping the class, I suggest to improve the current existing gameplay, to make the class have a role. The current Enutrof is focused on pouches, but they do not help with the battle, they just help with drops. Sadly, the class is often seen as a burden, because of their inconsistent damage and greed, that isn't welcome in high level content.

Summary of Changes
  • Improvement of Earth Branch MP draining and Tank. MP control helps to keep mobs together, however the lack of shield makes tanking not ideal like Fecas and Sacrier. I suggest to improve certain passives so they grant Enutrofs a shield if they start their turn on a mine.
  • Water branch regains the pouching centrality. The branch is the only pouch that is able to make bags fall from mobs.
  • Fire branch improvement of damage and mine effects. Hot Magma area of effect is now dependent on mines setup, this allows the fire Enutrof to have a completely different gameplay: the area of effect customization.

Water Branch:

• Cutting: now removes lock points of target if target is broke. -50 Lock at 200.
  • Rascalry: now removes 1 range point if target is broke. 3 per target per turn.
  • Purge: no changes.
  • Tax: no changes.
  • Refinement: if target is Broke, reduces final damage dealt by 20% at 200.
  • Enutrof Promise: does not drop a second pouch anymore. The skill now gives 10% damage boost on broke targets to all spells at level 2.
  • God Enutrof's Blessing: the skill now gives 10 damage boost on broke targets to all spells at level 2. Doesn't stack with promise.
  • Treasure Tracker: new effect: +30 Prospecting to the whole party (does not stack).

Fire Branch
  • Fusion: applies flaming to surrounding targets when cast on a mine. +40 levels at 200. Range loss removed.
  • Meteor: mp loss and cast limit removed. Cross area of size 1 when cast on a mine (current firedamp area). 46 damage at 100.
  • Ember: area changes to cone shaped (like Sram's Rascalry). Applies Scalded to all targets that are standing on a mine. Current damage is kept.
  • Firedamp Explosion: revamped. Now costs 5 AP, 2 to 6 range, no line of sight required. The spell can only be cast on a mine and it destroys the mine when cast on it. It deals heavy damage and blinds all targets in a square area of effect. The damage is 140 at 200 and range removal of 2.
  • Hot Magma: revamped. Now costs 6 AP 1 WP and has a range of 3 to 6, no line of sight required and fixed range. The spell triggers all mines within an a circle area of effect of the same size as Explosive Arrow. On every mine found inside the area 180 damage is done to target which stands on it. The spell consequently has a customizable area of effect, which is a completely new thing in the game. The idea is that the Enutrof can set mines and activate them with hot magma, doing damage only to certain targets inside the spell area of effect. It has a one cast per turn limit.
  • Mine Mover: now can be cast on an existing mine to remove it from the map.
  • Geology: now gives +80% and +160% area of effect damage at level 1 and 2.

Earth Branch
  • All earth spells now have fixed range and they are short ranged. Ranged is not altered on Zerk form (with exception of Shovel Shaker that completely changes).
  • Killer Spade: 1 to 2 range, -2 MP, 75 damage, 3 AP, 2 per target. Zerk: MP loss replaced by switch effect with target.
  • Deadly Nightspade: 1 to 4 range, -1 MP, 100 damage, 4 AP. Zerk: MP loss removed on zerk mode.
  • Shovel Kiss: 1 to 4 range, linear, doesn't require line of sight, 2 per turn. 2 AP, 50 damage. Zerk: jumps in front of the target.
  • Shady Shovel: 5 AP, 1 to 2 range, steals 1 MP, 125 damage. Zerk: MP steal replaced by damage debuff of -10% (stacks up to 20%).
  • Shovel Shaker: 5 AP, 1 to 3 range, -1 MP to all targets in the area. Rebounds with Drheller to take an extra MP. Same damage effects with Drheller (-125 and -62). Zerk: range reduced to 0, now deals 100 damage to all surrounding targets. Heals 20 HP per target hit.
  • Not Dead Yet: MP gain upon making a target broke removed. Now the spell grants the Enutrof armor if he is standing on a mine in the beginning of the turn. Armor is +0.2 HP per Enutrof level at level 1 and +0.4 at level 2. If the Enutrof starts on a mine at level 175 he receives a 70 HP shield that takes into account the highest element. If he has 1300%, that's 980 HP armor.
  • Faking It: now regenerates 1 WP every 5 MP points taken.
  • Greed: extra effect +25% MP drain at level 1 and +50% at level 2.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - October 21, 2015, 11:32:00.
Thread : Enutrof  Preview message : #919699  Replies : 5  Views : 604
posté October 16, 2015, 05:51:59 | #7
Personally I am not a fan of Ultra Powerful. I'd rather see a Doll Tree or something static that you control to summon dolls. The Tree could also offer a healing aura to allies that start their turn inside it. The option to summon an Ultra Powerful (earth dd doll) would be included in the Tree summon list.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #919071  Replies : 45  Views : 1820
posté October 09, 2015, 01:01:14 | #8
Finally they did something interesting. Keeping the exp and rollback to all drops and items, I think it should work. Good job!

By the way, @Sabi, I got a class scroll change a few days ago, does it mean I will be getting the same scroll again? It actually is going to be great for me since I regret changing one of my heroes into a rogue hahaha

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - October 09, 2015, 01:01:43.
Thread : News  Preview message : #915705  Replies : 488  Views : 10201
posté October 02, 2015, 01:35:01 | #9
Absolution Scroll not received Hello,

I have ordered an absolution scroll in the in game shop about an hour ago and I still haven't received it. I wonder if its a delay or I am having a specific issue.

Apparently the scroll went straight to my inventory and not in Gift window.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - October 02, 2015, 01:46:15.
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #912498  Replies : 1  Views : 93
posté September 07, 2015, 10:02:44 | #10
Guys, be careful. I am pretty aware that I can deal more damage than I should. Xelors are often known as a destabilizing class, they should not have that much damage joined with that kind of hindrance power. In fact, I find that our hindrance power is rather weak in PvE, even though it is way too strong in PvP. A good way to balance it would simply by allowing Xelors to take more AP from mobs than players, I know Ankama doesn't like this way of doing things, but I am pretty sure that AP draining is relatively difficult to be balanced in a generalist way. It simply doesn't work well with the current design of PvE content as you have to spend loads of AP to remove enough AP to limit the mob moves, and usually the mob dies before it can be even useful. AP loss resistance should grow exponentially, allowing you to reduce, lets say, 5 or 6 AP really easily, without spending too much AP on doing so, but after that it becomes hard (at least in PvE content).

We and Ankama are paying too much attention in things that are not going to enhance and settle Xelor in it's correct role.

Moreover, a way I could see to fix our issue would be to split AP draining ability among all three branches, since apparently they are struggling in replacing fire branches initiative reduction. This would be perfectly fine, on my view, as it would also not restrict one entire branch to AP drain (something that usually justifies low damage on it). This would mean that 2 spells from each branch could have AP draining power during Tock turns and something else during Tick Turn. The other spells could have different kind of effects aswell.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - September 07, 2015, 10:10:36.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #905044  Replies : 162  Views : 7433
posté September 05, 2015, 12:00:35 | #11
By the way, they care about nerfing but not about fixing.

still taking into account Xelor Water mastery and it deals lower damage than it should do (something around 62 instead of 84 at 200). If it increased the Rollback by 1 level with a 50% chance per enemy hit I will start liking Beta's new rollback.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - September 05, 2015, 12:14:34.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #904680  Replies : 162  Views : 7433
posté September 04, 2015, 05:14:17 | #12

It would be amazing to give other classes whats the feeling of playing like as a Xelor hahahaha

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #904344  Replies : 162  Views : 7433
posté September 04, 2015, 04:09:30 | #13
Dial HP is really low on beta right now and it often gets killed really fast, specially if you are soloing mobs. Furthermore, after the rollback change, we're likely to have less AP in average, so if they want us to heal our dial with Time Keeper, they are pushing it too much because we have even less AP on beta right now. And 25 AP is quite impossible right now unless if you have 14 base AP and you count AP gained from Sand glasses and time theft. The average is 15 AP, which is not that much compared to other classes. It is clear that the class hits maybe too much right now on live server, but those changes are really flawed as they are only making the class really fragile after patch, limiting our damage, AP drain and our AP pool.

It would be much more wise if they actually did the following to balance out our damage output (while not stupidly changing Rollback and Dial's HP):

Tock Turns
  • +80% AP drain
  • Water Spells have 40% less base damage.
Temporal Freeze
  • If triggered: gives back all the AP stolen to the enemy.
  • Only applies the state during Tock turns.
  • Frostbite now applies Temporal Freeze.
  • Slow Down: resist loss replaced by AP loss resistance reduction during tock turns and resist loss during tick turns.

But no, they prefer to bring those baind aid changes that don't really take into account our gameplay. Its like if someone who got no idea how to play a Xelor were just working with the class development.
Oh and yet classes like Foggers remain with their 31/AP ratio cost spells that takes into account the lowest enemy resistance...

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - September 04, 2015, 04:13:13.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #904336  Replies : 162  Views : 7433
posté September 04, 2015, 01:57:35 | #14
It probably concerns once again PvP, because if they wanted to nerf Temporal Freeze stack the would have nerfed the amount of levels applied. It looks that their concern is to nerf AP drain, which only makes sense in PvP, since it is useless in PvE...

This is a really bad approach since like people already mentioned, our skills already have many cast limitations and when it is joined with the short 30 second turns, it becomes a mess. I have already tested the new Sandglass and it is terrible, I wouldn't mind a 3 or 4 cast per target limit, but 2 is just pointless. If they are afraid that we do too much damage while taking AP, it would be smarter to give us great AP drainage power in Tock turns with water damage penalty, and the opposite during tick turns.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #904314  Replies : 162  Views : 7433
posté September 03, 2015, 14:00:36 | #15

You pretty much summed up everything... great post  

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #904129  Replies : 162  Views : 7433
posté September 03, 2015, 07:00:42 | #16
Moon Island doesn't represent all mobs of the World of Twelve.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #904076  Replies : 162  Views : 7433
posté September 03, 2015, 05:10:37 | #17
I am not talking about PvP here, I hate it (it will never be balanced until they make it group PvP). For instance I dont use water for AP drain, since it's worthless in PvE (sadly...)

Sinistro is only useful in certain situations in PvE, since right now the game rewards those classes that are doing way too much damage, like Foggers (gosh, did you see the base dmg on fogger stasis spells? with all the benefits they get from stasis) and Rogues, to finish off mobs as fast as possible (it is sad but it is the truth). I love Xelors because even though they can ditch some decent damage, they're great map manipulators and can benefit the team with something those DD's dont have. Just find it quite exaggerated that they are focusing on minor changes while ignoring old and unused effects such as initiative loss and AP drain on mobs. Certain mobs will definitely get hindered, but AP control is no way as effective as MP control in PvE.

This is mostly their fault when balancing mobs, giving way more AP than they actually use.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - September 03, 2015, 05:26:15.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #904050  Replies : 162  Views : 7433
posté September 03, 2015, 04:52:40 | #18
Frostbite still unappealing, even after nerfing sandglass. The fact it doesn't give Temporal Freeze and it has a 3 cast limit makes other spells more important.

I didn't like having to spam sandglass, but making it 2 casts is just nerfing it way too much (3 casts would be fine). Hell, you cast it twice and then you have to look for which spell you still haven't reached the cast limit...

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - September 03, 2015, 04:56:26.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #904043  Replies : 162  Views : 7433
posté September 03, 2015, 01:09:14 | #19
Concerning Xelor Changes Hey there.

Following the changes to Xelors on Beta:

• Fixed the bug that caused the Xelor had 30% chance of storing 1 AP for each AP used the spell, instead of each spell used.
  • The chances of store 1 AP by launching spell is increased to 35% (instead of 15% / 30%).
  • The maximum stored AP is now 3 and 6 to the ranks 1 and 2 of the liability.
  • AP are no longer automatically earned at the start of turn: use Garde-Temps to recover AP.

Xelor's Sandglass
  • The spell is now limited to 2 casts per target per turn.

The rollback change is okay, since It obviously wasn't working well with the passive, providing way too much AP sometimes. But Sandglass? I realize that it could build a lot of Temporal Freeze, but doesn't make sense limiting it to two casts per turn, it should be at least three casts PER TARGET. I am pissed about this change but I can adapt.

As for the air and fire branch, it seems that you're giving way too much attention to things that do not really need to be changed at first. The air branch still remains with no unique role, its just an auxiliary branch to fire and water and I hate that. Air needs something more than what it actually has and you've already gone halfway with it: Clocking Off. Why not improve this mechanic and make more air spells apply it?

The fire branch is still stuck with initiative debuff, which is rather useless for us. This is a change that would have to be done before anything else, because the whole mechanic behind fire branch is flawed right now, it only used to inflict extra damage with Aging.

So, basically I will finish this post with some short suggestions.

• Frostbite: make it apply Temporal Freeze for obvious reasons.
  • Xelor's Sandglass: change it to 3/target, 2 per turn is just too pointless. I wont use this spell anymore if it goes to 2 per target per turn as it fills an important spell slot.
  • Timekeeper + Aging: fuse both spells, if cast on an enemy applies the Aging effect with chromatic damage (effect stacks if there's a time rift).
  • Initiative Loss: replace it for something useful!!! It can be Minus Heals, - Minus Block, Minus damage, Minus Lock. Just make it useful and adjust Aging's effect accordingly.
  • Mechanic Specialist: an extra HP boost to mechanisms would be useful.
  • Old Aging = Air Mechanism: since Aging's effect been fused with Timekeeper. Replace the old spell by a mechanism, the Clockfly. A static mechanism that deals air damage and applies Clocking Off +2 to all targets in a line area of 6 cells in the same direction as the Xelor faces. 4 AP, 100 damage at 200.
  • Tempus Fugit should apply Clocking Off +1 before teleporting. Xelor Punishment +1 outside dial, +2 Inside dial.
  • Time Distortion: can be cast on self. Returns 2 AP and deactivates Clocking Off effects during the current turn.
  • Temporal Waves: new effect, increases Clocking Off maximum level to 4, 5 at level 2.
  • FIX HYDRAND!!! It only deals 62 damage at 200 instead of 84 and it currently takes into account the water mastery and not fire!

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - September 05, 2015, 12:11:53.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #904003  Replies : 162  Views : 7433
posté September 03, 2015, 00:18:36 | #20
Does Sanglass give +2 AP to allies now? Otherwise its just gonna become another useless spell... 2 per turn is terrible. Ankama, why not make the air branch better and actually change the initiative loss of the fire branch into something useful? Geez.

By the way, why not making Frostbite apply temporal freeze? Now we're left with two limited water skills, one that damages allies (clock) and the other that can only be cast twice lol.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - September 03, 2015, 00:20:09.
Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #903984  Replies : 20  Views : 1662