Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Recurring subscriptions – your opinion
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-04
posté March 21, 2013, 15:11:59 | #21
I know it is a bit off maybe what you were asking but i think it would be awesome if there was a way to essentially stop the subscription countdown and unsub yourself for a certain amount of time. Cause some people have periods of time where they cant play or are on vacation or something and if they spent money on say a year subscription then they loose that time. This way if i know im going to be gone for three weeks i can unsub myself for that time and then come back and start the countdown again. I know it might be hard to do but it was just a thought.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-06-06
posté March 21, 2013, 15:36:56 | #22
It's okay to have recurring option, however ONLY if you let people have the choice to use that option or not. Recurring option should be OFF BY DEFAULT and not on so that people don't get unexpected charge when they don't want to play anymore. It's more problematic dealing with taking back a paid but unwanted payment (automated by recurring) than making another payment manually.

Community Manager * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté March 21, 2013, 15:45:14 | #23
Just to be clear, this discussion here is only to get your feelings towards recurring subscriptions.

We’re not talking about removing existing subscription options but only trying to see if it would make sense to add additional options. Should we decide to offer more recurring subscriptions,you will of course still have the choice between normal subscriptions, and recurring ones.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-04
posté March 21, 2013, 16:57:56 | #24
I don't even know what is "recurring subscription".. -__-;

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté March 21, 2013, 17:38:35 | #25

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 21 March 2013 16:57) *
What the word implies when your sub "runs out" it will auto charge your credit card/paypal and sub you again without you having to do anything

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2006-06-20
posté March 21, 2013, 18:00:31 | #26
Well, why are you even making this poll? It is always better to have more options than less, so just add it. Some people will surely use it, and some will not.
Also, making so many seperate servers was plain stupid. It is bad for the community.
It would be better if there were only 2 servers, European and NA. At least, there would be a lot of players online. There is plenty of space in the "WAKFU" world. French people could play mainly in Bonta, English-speaking in Amakna, German in Brakmar, and the rest in Sufokia, or something like that. I bet people would find their own way of organizing, so no one hates/flames other nations for speaking their language ONLY. Political system would be more interesting, the guilds would be much, much larger, and the PK more intensive. This solution is much better than the current one. The game would feel alive, and it would be easier to find party in low-level areas. It's not like WAKFU is WoW with 8123173817383 online players at any time.
It would be also easier to maintain and watch the servers if there were only 2 of them.

This post has been edited by Butterflyx - March 21, 2013, 18:05:32.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-06-06
posté March 21, 2013, 20:25:55 | #27
I didn't realize the three month recurring was taken away... I'm still on that, so when mine runs out, will it still automatically resub me? It's a bit frustrating that I have haven gem fragments from my recurring three month sub but not enough for a full gem and now I can only get them from the one week sub?

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-04
posté March 21, 2013, 20:48:59 | #28

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 21 March 2013 17:38) *

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 21 March 2013 16:57) *
What the word implies when your sub "runs out" it will auto charge your credit card/paypal and sub you again without you having to do anything
Thank you Hack ^^

Well, i think it gonna be convenient for some people, don't count me though :'D I'd prefer usual method by some reasons. My balance is always so poor hahah.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-01-28
posté March 21, 2013, 23:30:28 | #29
Why you asking suggestion on mostly subscriptions instead of the game?

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-03-12
posté March 22, 2013, 00:01:55 | #30
Ya they would great......if the could hold there word and give you the items that go with the sub. I recently purchased mine about 2 and a half weeks ago and still have not gotten half the items that were promised on the initial purchase. So ya when they can get there act together and do it right sure it would be nice but currently no, just for the simple fact of not holding up there end of the bargain.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-06-12
posté March 22, 2013, 00:11:49 | #31

Quote (Butterflyx @ 21 March 2013 18:00) *
It would be better if there were only 2 servers, European and NA. At least, there would be a lot of players online. There is plenty of space in the "WAKFU" world. French people could play mainly in Bonta, English-speaking in Amakna, German in Brakmar, and the rest in Sufokia, or something like that. I bet people would find their own way of organizing, so no one hates/flames other nations for speaking their language ONLY. Political system would be more interesting, the guilds would be much, much larger, and the PK more intensive. This solution is much better than the current one. The game would feel alive, and it would be easier to find party in low-level areas. It's not like WAKFU is WoW with 8123173817383 online players at any time.
It would be also easier to maintain and watch the servers if there were only 2 of them.

Sounds fun for anyone who isn't American or Canadian.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-10-28
posté March 22, 2013, 01:36:08 | #32
I prefer to purchase it as i go, also Ankama seems to do a good job of letting me know when its about to run out and when I need to buy more.

Fansite Operator * Member Since 2011-02-04
posté March 22, 2013, 04:50:47 | #33
I like that the option is there but i wish i could set what day of the month to charge me instead of just autocharging at the end of 30 days.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-02-21
posté March 22, 2013, 08:14:16 | #34
Noooo, I did NOT like the idea of recurring subscriptions. I feel much more comfortable buying months as I'm able to dedicate time to the game instead of getting autocharged when I'm not even playing it. So yeah, keep the options as separate things please.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-03-01
posté March 23, 2013, 05:57:45 | #35
Recurring Subscriptions are appreciated when there's a notable discount on it (~20%).

Winged Eradicator * Member Since 2010-02-27
posté March 23, 2013, 06:56:35 | #36
I like the recurring sub just out of pure laziness.

posté March 23, 2013, 07:09:41 | #37
I can understand recurring if it's cheaper for Ankama to use... but if it's not, then recurring is no different than letting the player subscribe again, other than gifts/bonuses. But why add the gifts/bonuses for recurring? Put all gifts/bonuses in a single subscription, and let the player resub on their own time. This will prevent players from getting irritated when their sub accidentally charges one or two days before their payday, for instance.

I like the idea of recurring subs, but at the same time, it's not hard to sign in, see your sub ran out, and resub.

This, however, is ruined for the players that can't even get your payment options to process the FIRST time, much less anything afterward.

I definitely think payment options should be looked at, not just recurring options.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-17
posté March 23, 2013, 16:16:07 | #38
Tbh I think Wakfu has done an excellent job on Payment options in the past month alone.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-05-22
posté March 23, 2013, 17:56:29 | #39
Wakfu is doing a great job, but i want Eliatrope class

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-08-16
posté March 24, 2013, 17:53:44 | #40
Hey, I'm gonna be brutally honest. there isnt enough content in your game to keep subscribers compared to other games it even loses to some F2P games. Although being a pretty good game by its own grounds. its lacking for the price you expect. Your game is a heavily based party game. people want to play with there friends not other subscribers. and alot of people dont play subscription games period. My only advice is to find a different source of income for the game. Perhaps player housing mount system, Or pay for new content such as new dungeons raids expansions. If you carry on the sub method, You'll see your game slowly lose its fanbase.