Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 27 Novamaire
Skank Hivin
The Skank Hivin festival owes its name to a Dragoturkey breeder. He was so jealous of his cousin, ...

No flash

Recurring subscriptions – your opinion
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-04-08
posté March 24, 2013, 20:57:11 | #41
Ankama... look rly look

Wakfu ISN'T World of Warcraft and never been...
Wakfu ISNT other P2P game...

WAFKU and all options = PAY ...
Cash Shop...
Sub...
New Class = you can play fast.. .but you must pay!!!

exsist other good method ... if you good dev -> player relation ... player give money...
if you charse money... player leave this game...
when i log in... this game go to DED... meybe FR no... but ENG is...

This game realy good... but DEV isnt good...

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-04-18
posté March 24, 2013, 23:32:26 | #42
I say ankama shouldn't be to suaded for the excitement of change just because it brings new people. Remember to also think of those still playing and don't anything hugely game changing like adding a refinement system.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2007-11-19
posté March 25, 2013, 00:40:29 | #43
We can't even trade non-sub items to other non-sub players. To me, that is major issue. The game needs a reason to be F2P, and I see none. I am F2P and other than group leveling, the game lacks any motive to be social.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-11-21
posté March 26, 2013, 22:20:41 | #44
I dont play this **** anymore hahahaha

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-03-26
posté March 27, 2013, 13:43:01 | #45
I don't see why this game needs recurring sub at all. The current system is fine.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-01-01
posté March 29, 2013, 01:25:26 | #46
Well, I am Brazilian, I write something here translated. I love wakfu!
vai understand how this works recurring subscription, but would be nice to have that option in my country if this is good!

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-01-26
posté March 29, 2013, 01:27:38 | #47
I do not understand it! As well recurring subscription?

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-01-30
posté March 29, 2013, 09:13:23 | #48
The purpose of recurring subscription is that:
For the players: Gain benefit for being loyal (or whatever better word) to the game, ease of payment for continuing month.

For the publisher: Gaining loyal players
(and gaining some some-people-would-call-dirty benefits from derp quitters.) The subscription's end date is less likely to discourage bored players from continuing subscribing.

With the current recurring bonus, there are very little incentive for a player to choose recurring, thus the question "why bother recurring?" is repeated over and over again in this thread.

So, to Ankama, how could you give the players an incentive to use recurring?
Simple, put yourself in the customers' shoes, try to make yourself happy.
For example:
  • A few tens of cents off repeating months, like 20 cent or so. I think as long as the rate is still a lil bit higher than 3-month subs its ok?
  • Better subscription gift for repeating months. (The pet gift box was very nice. Yay Tofu for 700 kama ages ago )
I'm not an economic major, much less a marketing one, so I would end my post here. Hope somebody find some sense in it.

This post has been edited by Kouromaro - March 29, 2013, 09:13:57.
Reason for edit : Post shows up not as typed :O Had to edit.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-10-31
posté March 30, 2013, 14:35:41 | #49
good job ankama but in my country this is not available MAURITIUS

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-07-08
posté July 10, 2013, 19:56:07 | #50
These subscription fees...
Is it better to play WoW than this game? Just a thought...

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-11-09
posté December 11, 2013, 22:14:51 | #51
I'm a 6-month credit card recurring subscriber but I wish to cancel my recurring subscription and subscribe manually. However there is no option to do this in my Account Management page? There is no 'stop' or 'cancel' button as said in the support FAQ - cancelling a premium subscription.

It feels like I'm locked in and the company is just taking my money without the freedom of choosing when to opt out or keep going. I don't like it.
I've sent a support ticket over a week ago and no reply since then.
Could someone help me out?

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2011-12-01
posté December 12, 2013, 07:10:02 | #52

Quote (Rollcake @ 11 December 2013 22:14) *
I'm a 6-month credit card recurring subscriber but I wish to cancel my recurring subscription and subscribe manually. However there is no option to do this in my Account Management page? There is no 'stop' or 'cancel' button as said in the support FAQ - cancelling a premium subscription.

It feels like I'm locked in and the company is just taking my money without the freedom of choosing when to opt out or keep going. I don't like it.
I've sent a support ticket over a week ago and no reply since then.
Could someone help me out?
There should be a button under the Account Managment's "Wakfu" tab, right under "game time left" (only shows up if you have a recurring sub).

- Kat