Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

WAKFU Update: Lard of Combat
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté May 18, 2013, 07:11:38 | #41
Class emblems giving +1 elemental spell level. So i think they will be in insignia slot, not costume.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-02-15
posté May 18, 2013, 23:27:35 | #42
Class emblems giving +1 elemental spell level. So i think they will be in insignia slot, not costume.

I would rather lose +1 elemental spell levels than have it go to the insignia slot.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-06-02
posté May 19, 2013, 05:00:51 | #43
Also soldier and guard insigs and tools

Quote (cyndiloo @ 17 May 2013 01:40) *

Quote (crawfish33 @ 17 May 2013 01:22) *
What about the Trool Fair? It NEEDS to be fixed. Tickets need to be buyable with kamas or the drop rate for the games needs to go up. Spending 5 hours mindlessly clicking away to try to get enough tickets to maybe drop a duck is just plain ridiculous
what kind of fair exists in the world that isn't happy to sell you tickets anyway. I've never been to a fair that told me i had to pay for the honor of digging my tickets up. There's a freaking area right when you go in that looks like the entrance to six flags or a theme park, why don't they just sell the damn fair tickets for 15k apiece.
Think of it more like chuck e cheese or Dave and buster mixed with a carnival. In one you earn tickets to spend on prizes, and in the other you buy tickets to go on rides. The trool fair is a bit of both.

posté May 19, 2013, 13:35:52 | #44
Some time ago I read about that awesome thing that the nation peninsulas were gonna be brought closer to the Astrub main island.

What about that?

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-28
posté May 19, 2013, 16:55:01 | #45

Quote (LouderThanSilence @ 19 May 2013 13:35) *
Some time ago I read about that awesome thing that the nation peninsulas were gonna be brought closer to the Astrub main island.

What about that?
You talking about the new map they are making? They are centering stuff around Zinit and making it look more like the map layout from Dofus.

posté May 19, 2013, 17:09:47 | #46
I don't remember quite well and can't find that thread anymore, but someone said a couple of months ago that in the Astrub area they were going to remove those brodges that separated the main isle with the moon-shaped nation outposts. There also was an image showing that.

Anyway, when I have read that I thought it would be so cool, because it's so annoying having to run that every time you wanna go to Astrub from your nation. I don't know, it would be coolest if they actually did that.

posté May 19, 2013, 17:30:16 | #47

Quote (LouderThanSilence @ 19 May 2013 17:09) *
I don't remember quite well and can't find that thread anymore, but someone said a couple of months ago that in the Astrub area they were going to remove those brodges that separated the main isle with the moon-shaped nation outposts. There also was an image showing that.

Anyway, when I have read that I thought it would be so cool, because it's so annoying having to run that every time you wanna go to Astrub from your nation. I don't know, it would be coolest if they actually did that.
Oh you mean these changes?

posté May 19, 2013, 17:59:15 | #48
Yes, I mean those changes ^^

Are they gonna be implemented in the next update? Because I haven't read about them in the op post :|

posté May 19, 2013, 18:04:32 | #49

Quote (LouderThanSilence @ 19 May 2013 17:59) *
Yes, I mean those changes ^^

Are they gonna be implemented in the next update? Because I haven't read about them in the op post :|
No not this update, mabey next month.

posté May 19, 2013, 18:22:01 | #50
Oh, well.
Too bad.
Thanks anyway  

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-15
posté May 20, 2013, 10:37:17 | #51
The machines for exchanging silver/bronge tokens with items will remain in trool fair?

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-01-12
posté May 20, 2013, 19:59:42 | #52
Cool changes... But.... can anyone tell me why Ankama does not want summons to do anything other than damage, push, and heal? I'm all for balance, but not allowing creatures whose only useful ability and actions are their spells effects, to never be able to use those spells or never be able to proc those effects when they are captured is just.... awful? What ever happened to compromise?

Im a sour Susan when it comes to how badly they alter summons for the sake of "balance". First Chafer Lancers were too "over powered" since they had their shields. So what do they do? They get rid of its ability to use the shield altogether instead of putting a limit to its charges, having it only work if they don't attack, making it castable by the creature instead of a passive.

Then it was Cracklers summoning those larva was too much, so they reduced the numbers of larva summoned and lowered the level of those larva; making them weaker. This then was followed by a barrage of other summons just plain old being unable to have access to their summoning spells all together. Though this remains untrue for certain summons. Around this time the crobak was given a restriction on its Tornado Glyph spell and Osamodas were no longer able to use the spell when the crobak was being controlled, since it was far too strong a spell to be allowed to control completely.

More or less when new summons were coming out from whispers they gave them a purely justifiable "nerf" by riding them of their resists passives and lowering infantry counters and other abilities. This was a good thing and I praise them for their decisions when it came to whisper island monsters.

However, my nerve snapped about their decisions when the level 70 crobak was sucker punched once more due to the new summoning arts passive. Now the poor crobak can no longer use the one spell that sets it apart from its other family members, its very reason for existing as a viable and useful summon was stripped away in that moment. There is absolutely no reason to use it now, it's female counter part is merely a few levels higher and can do everything it can do currently from pushing and having the tornado wall passive, but she can also heal and buff damage for the entire group. Can anyone give me a real reason to use a crobak now.

This all points to lazy and time saving decisions in my opinion. Not even trying to come up with compromises before deciding to completely make things unavailable is what many would call lazy.

If you really wish to try and balance summons for the osamodas then try to make things in combat more about intriguing encounters rather than about all summons having a basic function in the form of push, pull, heal, -ap/mp, big damage, big resists.

The variety in a summons spell pool is the most important and appealing element that a summon osamodas has in order to keep game play alive and enjoyable. You gave whispers great tactical depth as summons when they are paired with one another. Blibli are even intriguing with a Glai's support spells. The new Summons also have good synergy.

All I am asking is... Where did Ankama developers in charge of balancing this games creatures get the idea, that in order to "balance" the summons available to the Osamodas, they would have to strip every creature of any form of status aliments (poisons, stuns, etc)?

Why did the entire team decide that it was okay to not even compromise the idea behind these status effects by making things harder to proc or altering spells a bit?

Will they in turn buff these summons in any way shape or form since many of them actually have no real use outside these effects? Will they add more unique spells to their move pools? Will they create a type of synergy similar to more late game summons?

I would love a response but If it never happens then at least I have cleared my mind of this and expressed my views as clearly as I could. No regrets.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-12-02
posté May 20, 2013, 21:23:38 | #53
Looking forward to how Fire of Love and Gold pick will implemented. I personally hope those will be insignias, I always find it annoying we had to take off our clothes basically to use the pick to mine. I'd also like to see the glow effect with a costume on finally. Yep, interested the most in the insignia update.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2009-08-30
posté May 20, 2013, 23:48:33 | #54
It's going to be nice the part of insignia's, Converting tokens to kamas and choosing a nation (which I know lots of people that want to do it),yeah things really changed from the very beginning. In my opinion to better :') ...

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2008-10-25
posté May 21, 2013, 10:12:55 | #55
What Christian said. Theres practically no more room for strategy. When is Official Release again?

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-12-02
posté May 21, 2013, 16:07:30 | #56
Thank goodness the glow insignias work along with costumes now. Thanks Ankama. Now we just need that hectate and bride insignias and others to cover all of the set underneath and I'll be considered satisfied for the most part.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-04-25
posté May 22, 2013, 00:22:27 | #57
I'm a loyal Sufokian but I don't want to lose damage over not being Brakmarian, because essentially I'm losing out on 15% fire damage now. Why are you trying to make people pick nations based off of their branch? This doesn't seem right.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-11-21
posté May 22, 2013, 03:03:17 | #58
What was the reasoning behind eliminating the Dragoturkies in Fiery Walk and Unna Bridge? Now it takes a lot longer to get there. Also removing the canoons that used powder and making it cost 500k to use a canoon to another nation makes NO sense, especially when zaaps cost 100k. This patch just made it a lot more expensive to travel around, rather than "easing our travels".

Also changing the bonuses available in each nation was kind of nasty. What's the expectation, that you change nation to align with your element? A player might be in a guild aligned with a particular nation - why does it make sense that they're punished for not being in the "right" nation for their element? Nation bonuses really made more sense and were fairer before. Please change this back and reevaluate the transportation changes, particularly removing free methods of transportation and canoons costing 500k, which is ridiculous. Not all players want to spend significant portions of their earnings on transportation, or are so wealthy that it doesn't matter, which is why free options like canoons were so useful.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-21
posté May 22, 2013, 03:24:41 | #59

Quote (Jeais @ 22 May 2013 00:22) *
I'm a loyal Sufokian but I don't want to lose damage over not being Brakmarian, because essentially I'm losing out on 15% fire damage now. Why are you trying to make people pick nations based off of their branch? This doesn't seem right.
+1, this was bull! I don't want to have to switch each of my chars to various nations. Then if those nations go to war I can't party with guild members. They went and changed the nation's bonus' but then give us no freebie to change nations. I'm from Bonta and I lost 15% fire damage as well. I do NOT want to switch to brak just to get that damage back. Its not a small amount either, this is a rather large sum. They need to rethink the bonus'.

posté May 22, 2013, 03:32:04 | #60

Quote (katralynn @ 22 May 2013 03:24) *

Quote (Jeais @ 22 May 2013 00:22) *
+1, this was bull! I don't want to have to switch each of my chars to various nations. Then if those nations go to war I can't party with guild members. They went and changed the nation's bonus' but then give us no freebie to change nations. I'm from Bonta and I lost 15% fire damage as well. I do NOT want to switch to brak just to get that damage back. Its not a small amount either, this is a rather large sum. They need to rethink the bonus'.
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1

You guys are basically segregating the nations based on the elemental branches chosen. I mean I understand that Brakmar is "lol the Fire Nation" but this isn't Avatar the Last Airbender, it's Wakfu... I've been Bonta since I played Wakfu in Beta and all my characters are Bonta (except like one Brak on an alt account.) I refuse to change nations just in order to keep my damage. This is probably the stupidest thing on the entire patch, and likely the stupidest thing released on Wakfu so far. You are forcing people, if they want to not be smote by others who get that boost in the area, to switch nations....

"I want to be loyal to Bonta, so I guess I'm going to gimp myself in order to stay loyal." said no one ever.

Change it, please.