Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

What’s coming next in WAKFU?
Community Manager * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté July 16, 2013, 16:28:12 | #21
About Pandawa: It’s a mistake on our side.

Pandawas will be revamped in November. Note that Srams and Feca will therefore be pushed back one month.

• November: Pandawa
  • December: Sram
  • January: Feca

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-02-22
posté July 16, 2013, 16:29:48 | #22
Ankama:
We will postpone that and that. This thing we will add next year. And this will not be implemented, but for your luck we will focus on ruining exceptional class abilities and make monster families beatable only in one repetetive way, we will try to do some other things but we will probably never finish
P.S. Heff fun playing Wakfu in the update day HEUEHUEHUE

Player base:

This post has been edited by FajneCycki - July 16, 2013, 16:31:51.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté July 16, 2013, 17:21:06 | #23
hey watch out I have got new spoilers for “Relic” items.
The drop rate is suppose to be at least
Spoiler: (highlight to show)
0.000000000001% (troll face)

This post has been edited by AntxOne - July 16, 2013, 20:32:13.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté July 16, 2013, 17:28:33 | #24
Thank you for understanding Azael. Wakfu was going a good direction in closed beta. After that you removed everything we liked..

I still don't understand why Grou is the only one revamping classes. One person can't understand all the classes and that's why he already ruined a few ones (sadidas) and why he was ready to ruin xelors and enis. Thankfully the community stopped him.

I'm glad we have more say (though this might only be for the french players). I still want to see the nations being the focus again..islands are ok but it isn't what most people subscribe to wakfu for..I remember that it was about 4 nations with different values, story, and resources. If you can revamp politics and make the nations matter again that would do a lot.

But it's more than that, the nations are all the same. Make them different in some way or let us make them different in some way. If only you could find a way to make wakfu and stasis matter

I know ankama is ok since dofus does great for them but if next year wakfu is still in a beta I don't know who will actually stay around for wakfu.

I think one day the devs should log into these servers and start leveling a few characters so they could see the problems.

*runes
*drop system (everyone has to make an enutrof)

*there is no goal..how hard is it to add goals that the community creates? Give us systems to create goals. A politics revamp would fix this. I also think you should make the clan members do more than just stand there telling us about the weather.

*rewards or a token system: A lot of the things in wakfu aren't fun. when you try to drop class emblems from hoodlums, or run a 1 hour+ dungeon and nothing useful drops you're wasting people's time. This is when people don't subscribe again. You can't expect to use people's time like that and don't reward them with something.

*wakfu has no direction at the moment. It would be nice to make it clear or give us some way to make it clear. Is it about conquering Calamar island? or to spend 2 months trying to drop a set?

I know you're what you can Azael, thank you but not everyone has the patience to see revamps of everything go on forever.

At the end of the day, if you want to know what is really driving people away the most from my opinion it's the drop system/prospecting. And the lack of token system. If you can start there that would be great. 

This post has been edited by Neneko88 - July 16, 2013, 17:29:55.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté July 16, 2013, 17:29:53 | #25
Relic items are a completely retarded gameplay concept that shows how unimaginative the devs are in terms of binding players ot the game long term.

People have been complaining about too low drop rates and about taking away token machines for weeks now and instead of listening to us you add another part to the infinite mindless grind.

So much for the sentence in the OP about wanting our input etc.

Adding items with such a low drop rate does nothing for the game itself, it becomes a huge gamble without any influence of skill and it is not even possible anymore to plan ahead in terms of proper gear. Usually I try to make builds for my characters including end game gear I am really aiming for, but the rarest pieces today are already hard to include in such planning (mecha cloak and the like).

So now you want to take that kind of strategical concept making out of the game entirely by adding a lottery who is going to be the lucky player that drops one of these items once a month?

I mean I know why the devs do this. They have no clue on how to bind players through interesting concepts anymore (hint: improve haven worlds more and more instead, those give us something to do for years if you do it right) so they add items where it wil take months to drop them and hope we are mindless enough to sit in front of our PCs, drooling as we spam hit our attack button for half a year till that goodie finally drops...

Get a proper creative input designer there. This is unbearable to watch.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté July 16, 2013, 17:36:55 | #26

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 16 July 2013 17:29) *
Relic items are a completely retarded gameplay concept that shows how unimaginative the devs are in terms of binding players ot the game long term.

People have been complaining about too low drop rates and about taking away token machines for weeks now and instead of listening to us you add another part to the infinite mindless grind.

So much for the sentence in the OP about wanting our input etc.

Adding items with such a low drop rate does nothing for the game itself, it becomes a huge gamble without any influence of skill and it is not even possible anymore to plan ahead in terms of proper gear. Usually I try to make builds for my characters including end game gear I am really aiming for, but the rarest pieces today are already hard to include in such planning (mecha cloak and the like).

So now you want to take that kind of strategical concept making out of the game entirely by adding a lottery who is going to be the lucky player that drops one of these items once a month?

I mean I know why the devs do this. They have no clue on how to bind players through interesting concepts anymore (hint: improve haven worlds more and more instead, those give us something to do for years if you do it right) so they add items where it wil take months to drop them and hope we are mindless enough to sit in front of our PCs, drooling as we spam hit our attack button for half a year till that goodie finally drops...

Get a proper creative input designer there. This is unbearable to watch.
I quoted them saying they want to make wakfu like dofus.
In dofus things are hard to drop in the higher levels, no? But wakfu isn't dofus. Dofus has goals, it has quests, it has conquering of areas, it rewards you.

Dofus has charm, wakfu feels like another job you come home to.

For example, you released the trool dungeon. Who still runs that?
Would be nice if you stopped wasting people's time and made a system where the chances to drop things was fun and rewarding.

This post has been edited by Neneko88 - July 16, 2013, 17:41:25.
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté July 16, 2013, 17:42:28 | #27
I read somewhere that Ankama is doing some "cut-backs" or "restructuring" of the company. If that is true, then I'm sorry for what I'm about to say...
ANKAMA YET AGAIN OVER PROMISING AND UNDER DELIVERING.
Ankama is completely losing credibility with every new update. How do we even know ANY of this will get done on time/at all with all the promises that have been made?
Lastly, I'm not saying I'm opposed to this route. I'm simply stating, I have no idea what to expect or when to expect it therefor I will no longer be subbing accounts and helping Ankama profit off of this lack thereof.
The situation that I am describing is very similar to what the government actually does with your tax paying dollars.
-1 and Good Luck

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2006-06-20
posté July 16, 2013, 18:59:11 | #28
I agree that with those 0.1% 400prospecting drops the game feels like a korean-grinder-mmo, and we are not KOREANS! Please, do something about it and increase the drop rate. There is no fun in grinding for months, to maybe get the item we want, or maybe not.

The "prospecting-unlocked loot" is a very stupid idea to begin with. All items should drop with 100prospecting, and additional prospecting should only increase the drop. The lowest drop rate then, for end-game items could be like 0.1%...

Also, some areas in the game don't allow us to plant and spawn 1 monster groups. Not everyone can find a group at every time so it would be nice if every area of the game had a location where 1 monster spawn, so solo players could taken on them, and grind for the items they want. Someone mention mecha cloak from mechazerkers, those are a perfect example...

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-09-10
posté July 16, 2013, 19:17:07 | #29

Concretely, we will not implement any new feature before revamping the classes and the content will be very limited as long as we didn’t stabilize balancing.

Finally we will also use this time to correct the bugged content, instead of trying to rush new content.

Well. Postponing is an admission of rushed planning; creating false hype around new contents is just something that players could not easily forgive.

Nonetheless i think that the game seriously needed a complete makeover of its priorities, and I cannot help but agree with this change of policy. Agreeing does not mean that I actually "like" it. I'm trying to be realistic and thinking about the actual gameplay environment.
It's not only a matter of class rebalancing, it's something bigger: i.e., how can GvG be actual fun and effective with Haven World feature being so young and undeveloped, and still in needs of so much work and bug fixing itself?
The risk is that interdependencies between bugged features will become uncontrollable and unsustainable. I'm quite sure that we would have ended up dealing with this situation anyway, sooner or later.

Wish you good work, haters gonna hate (and sometimes with good reasons).

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté July 16, 2013, 19:19:28 | #30
A wise decision to slow down content to address older content to be improved and fixed.
I'm a bit disappointed GvG won't be implemented, though. I wanted at least to be able to ally with guilds and have an alliance chat and the ability to share HWs between allied guilds. Maybe you'll at least consider implementing something simple as that? I think it would be something very positive for the servers' communities to help bring them together.
The current prospecting/drop rate system is frustrating at the moment for reasons others have already stated.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-21
posté July 16, 2013, 19:53:56 | #31

Quote (Neneko88 @ 16 July 2013 17:28) *
At the end of the day, if you want to know what is really driving people away the most from my opinion it's the drop system/prospecting. And the lack of token system. If you can start there that would be great.

^ This! The drop rate is horrible! Made 5 runs in gobball dungeon, no equips at all with pp on. My pp with hidden is over 300. I should have at least had 1 piece of equipment drop. But no, none! I got royal wool, royal leather, wool, horns, etc. =_= Please PLEASE bring back the tokens or fix the drop rates.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté July 16, 2013, 20:11:11 | #32

Quote (Savall @ 16 July 2013 19:17) *

Concretely, we will not implement any new feature before revamping the classes and the content will be very limited as long as we didn’t stabilize balancing.

Finally we will also use this time to correct the bugged content, instead of trying to rush new content.

Well. Postponing is an admission of rushed planning; creating false hype around new contents is just something that players could not easily forgive.

Nonetheless i think that the game seriously needed a complete makeover of its priorities, and I cannot help but agree with this change of policy. Agreeing does not mean that I actually "like" it. I'm trying to be realistic and thinking about the actual gameplay environment.
It's not only a matter of class rebalancing, it's something bigger: i.e., how can GvG be actual fun and effective with Haven World feature being so young and undeveloped, and still in needs of so much work and bug fixing itself?
The risk is that interdependencies between bugged features will become uncontrollable and unsustainable. I'm quite sure that we would have ended up dealing with this situation anyway, sooner or later.

Wish you good work, haters gonna hate (and sometimes with good reasons).

Well said. Ankama needed to re-evaluate their priorities.

I'm still worried they're going to fix Wakfu based on the current state of the game. Crafting is stuck on a level 100 cap system, spells soon changing to 200 cap, and player levels at 120 moving towards 150 at years end.

Ankama has not instilled much confidence, and they expect players to pay and wait until they sort all this out?

This post has been edited by Gynrei - July 16, 2013, 20:13:20.
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-04-09
posté July 16, 2013, 20:12:33 | #33

Quote (Neneko88 @ 16 July 2013 17:28) *
...or run a 1 hour+ dungeon and nothing useful drops you're wasting people's time...
like celestial strich, over 2 hours dungeon, horrible exp, and if you dont get a good drop... really frustrating and annoying... i mean, i work, i dont wanna waste 2-3 hours in a stupid dungeon to get NOTHING, not even exp.... at least with tokens long dungeons had a meaning.... ankama... stop KILLING the game

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-22
posté July 16, 2013, 20:38:19 | #34
Honestly, I'm quite happy with the game and am glad that you're putting up such an effort, Anakama. I was sad to see the dungeon-token system go away, and do wish this game was a bit more solo-player friendly. I was stoked to see the Macawker, but needing six people? Really?

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-02-12
posté July 16, 2013, 21:40:20 | #35

Quote (Azael @ 16 July 2013 14:30) *
Something else that was already mentioned, and still planned for the July update: spells balanced up to level 200.

We think this is a most important mechanic that should allow for better and more coherent basis in terms of character evolution, and finally offer a real possibility of Multi Element builds.
How would level cap of 200 help multi-element builds? It's my impression that it would do the opposite.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-03-26
posté July 16, 2013, 21:44:41 | #36
First things first; I really hope that the very first bug fix includes fixing everyone's haven bags. I miss my stuff, my haven world misses my stuff, and everyone else misses me having my stuff because if it was resolved others would not have to listen to me QQ everyday. I appreciate the communication saying that you are planning on fixing this issue soon, so please make sure it is soon! Thank you!

I think taking the time to listen is a very important part of any successful business. I look forward to the Devblogs, I know that there will be a variety of input and that it will be difficult going through at times but if you listen you will make a lot of progress. Remember, there is more than just a noisy few and often times there are a huge group of people who play your game almost religiously that do not use the forums. Another way to test and understand the game is to play it yourself, try at least one account that isn't a "dev" and play like one of us. Walk around and see the bugs, run the dungeons and experience the bugs. There are dungeons out there that have been bugged since they came out, like the Trouble dungeon in astrub or the Trool Academy in the Trool Fair. There are so many bugs that we as players sometimes get overwhelmed and don't want to report every single one because we don't feel like we are listened to. My greatest hope is that this starts changing as you move forward.

I look forward to you focusing on the details. I hope we see a lot of the bugs fixed and some detail returning to the game. The reason I fell in love with Wakfu was the layers of details and thought that was in the game. It had...soul. Lately that soul has been sucked out by the push for content. It sounds like you are working on a revival and I am very excited! I hope that soon I can light a torch or place a balloon; these details are something that makes Wakfu unique! I also love the incorporation of the animated series into the game. The best dungeons are ones that are from the series like Lord Crow, DrHeller, or Vamp.

If you stabilize the game and listen to the players you will get people back into playing this game. All you need to do for advertising here in the states would be to have the animated series run on Cartoon Network (Adult Swim would be your target market imo) and have a small excerpt saying that there is a game too and they will flock.

Drops and economy are two things that desperately need attention; I've seen a few people mention this. Drops, I have a small suggestion that might help. If you reduce what bosses can drop I have a feeling that the amount of gear dropped would increase. Right now the bag of goodies to pick from is too large. You have 20 items to pull from, it makes it increasingly difficult to get the rare drop you need instead of something the normal family creature drops (legs, beaks, eyes, krosbox etc).

Class revamps, I am scared for the eni revamp! Please stop basing all this re-balancing around PvP when the game is mainly PvE. Having some strategy and variety (a number of viable builds/branches to choose from) is something that we want. I don't want my character to be the same as everyone else. Taking your time is good on these, but at the same time 6 months on some of these is well, a bit much. I suppose it is so you can put attention where attention is due so if you do it right the first time then it is worth it.

Thank you for releasing this updated road map. I am very excited about what has been said and the goals listed. Good luck!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté July 16, 2013, 21:52:44 | #37
It appears that we have to deal with the poor state of Sadida class until next year...
But at least i am happy that you finally decided to focus on fixing current content instead of rushing new one.

As for islands... i think you should move Polters from Emelka to Sadida Kingdom.

The Kelba need more high grounds and holes in the ground. Give us more tactical battlefield with natural obstacles.

As for pandawa i hope you will make water spells apply Merry to allied characters instead of Dizzy and that they will heal allies too (wich would finally give a reason to cast them on barrel other then slightly higher dmg in weird aoe zones). I think that pandawa should drink from the barrel right away when it pick it (and get heal from master of merriment + merry) instead of at the end of turn. You could also decrease the number of quartz and allow Panda to place barrel that can block the way (because we can already do that but we have to push barrel with triple whammy wich is not handy in some situations to waste so many AP for that), and also because sometimes we have to summon it first but the only cell next to us is the one that would block the way (even though we would like to pick it to use earth spells). As for Bottomless Barrel you can make it give panda a chance to get 2 quartz when it looses 1 upon using the barrel (maybe 20%~40%).

About Sram i hope you will remove the random reveal when... sram fart. Seriously it kills the whole planning moves with each step.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-23
posté July 16, 2013, 21:53:32 | #38
All in all this sounds very impressing, lets hope we won't lose to much players because of lacking new content. Personally i'm mainly awaiting the changes to the politics and ecosystem, lets hope for a better future.

Regarding the July update i'm asking myself how the CP-loss and AP/MP limits will look like exactly. Being able to craft keys sounds good but i totally don't like to get pestered with gathering professions on new characters. There's a reason i didn't learn all of them on all characters: The outgrayed buttons of unleveled professions complicate movement unnecessarily. Would be nice if we could remove them in the options.

Regarding loot and prospecting: Please consider a diminishing return (Click here) for prospecting in combination with higher droprates. So everyone would have better chances to get loot and could increase them further, without enutrofs getting stuff too easily.

By the way: This week the govenor of Amara's Brâkmar lost all citizenpoints and his post through speaking with the prisonguard. A bug which has been reported more than once since beta and at least sounds like it could be solved in a few minutes.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté July 16, 2013, 21:55:53 | #39

Quote (erisolsprite @ 16 July 2013 21:40) *

Quote (Azael @ 16 July 2013 14:30) *
Something else that was already mentioned, and still planned for the July update: spells balanced up to level 200.

We think this is a most important mechanic that should allow for better and more coherent basis in terms of character evolution, and finally offer a real possibility of Multi Element builds.
How would level cap of 200 help multi-element builds? It's my impression that it would do the opposite.
I also think it will be opposite.

I also think that it would ruin the whole PvP as we won't have more HP but we will have more power, wich means single element users will burst out dmg that will kill others within 2 turns.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-21
posté July 16, 2013, 22:04:42 | #40

Quote (twintiger @ 16 July 2013 21:44) *
Class revamps, I am scared for the eni revamp! Please stop basing all this re-balancing around PvP when the game is mainly PvE. Having some strategy and variety (a number of viable builds/branches to choose from) is something that we want. I don't want my character to be the same as everyone else. Taking your time is good on these, but at the same time 6 months on some of these is well, a bit much. I suppose it is so you can put attention where attention is due so if you do it right the first time then it is worth it.
I fear for the Eni revamp as well. I've worked very hard to get my Eni to where it is for UB's and if they go in the PVP direction it will be screwed. I'm already worried about the ap/mp cap. One single person should not be working on the revamps for all the classes. They just don't have enough time to develop the character and figure out what works best.