Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

WAKFU Update: A Game of Thwones
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2008-11-24
posté August 23, 2013, 18:14:56 | #81
i don't mid with not having general respects, i never used mine that much tbh

I'm more worried about the lvl restriction thing, while i agree on the leeching part, i think the need to be exactly the same lvl or above is just to dramatic i mean someone at lvl 119 is not that different from a lvl 120 or 121 imo...

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-03-26
posté August 23, 2013, 18:17:03 | #82
I am looking forward to this update!

I am surprised that not many have mentioned the Haven World changes. Working benches and stools!!!! YAY!!!!! New recipes for wells (and other things I hope too...like the benches that work) make me very happy. I can not wait to see more furniture and elements for haven worlds be released. I am especially looking forward to blueprints! I am very pleased about the guild colors showing on the outside, I hope this means the inside colors will change? All the green stuff turned into the guild colors would be splendid!

Idea: Holiday Blueprints that have themed lighting. Christmas lights (white or multi-colored options) on buildings, orange and black lights for Halloween, and green lights for St. Patrick's. Also you can got NUTS (and I hope you do!) when any holiday comes out by having haven bag/world decorations be obtainable through quests/rewards and as drops. Also it would be nice to have a night and day setting in haven worlds. The lighting from decorations would be even cooler at night!

The new kama recipe and mint....why must you make me want level 3 guild hall when level 2 was so hard to do! I'm still sad I can't go up to the second level of the Guild Hall even if I am the only one in the whole wide world of 12 that thinks it unfair to invest so much only to get a taller building and the next tier unlocked. However, at least you are adding incentive to get to the next tier because the last level looked rather lack luster as it stands now.

It seems the hot topic is the change in re-spec not being global. It makes sense to me, why should I get a re-spec if nothing changed in my class? Although I do agree with how the spell system works that the re-balancing of spells needs to be obtainable and a much lower level instead of at max like it is now. I also agree that the resets (like you get at level 30) should be staggered through out the levels just to allow for the room to grow and play with stats as you level and to also make it so you can adjust spell xp.

This post has been edited by twintiger - August 23, 2013, 19:48:27.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-01-12
posté August 23, 2013, 18:30:16 | #83
Wow, I think the Globalization for the Markets was something the game needed. Other than that, this update will be epic!

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-02-26
posté August 23, 2013, 18:54:09 | #84

Quote (Brokonaut @ 23 August 2013 13:46) *
I believe the quest respec needs to be a series of dungeons done, not mindlessly gathering low level materials.

Mango, that is a bad idea, for two reasons.

1) There is an implication that a character in need of a respec has a build that is not ideal, meaning they'll find it more difficult than normal to complete a dungeon.

2) Dungeons require teams, and outside of your guild on Dathura, that isn't always easy for players to find. To get their respec, a player would be dependent on the willingness of others to assist them, and if we assume they have a gimpy build that needs changing, then this would be even harder thanks to reason number 1.

Right now, the respec quest is something that anyone can do. Anyone, regardless of their level, their gear, whether they are in a guild and have friends to help, etc. In fact, if you have the kama, you don't even need to farm all those mats; there are players who will sell them to you, giving you your respec instantly. Requiring people to find five other characters to stick with them through ten odd dungeons runs would be significantly more arduous than the current method of respecing.

I don't love the farming respec quest, but I'd take it any day over what you suggested.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-04-24
posté August 23, 2013, 18:57:15 | #85

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 23 August 2013 14:17) *
It's mmorpg, it DOES take a lot of time if you want to accomplish something, if you don't have time for that then maybe mmorpgs are not for you.

And I wasn't only talking about myself but about other people too, stop trying to get an excuse for free restat, I bet you never even thought about changing your character just because some other class was changed, but yeah, whatever

It's a valid arguement for free restats, and since you just repeat the same thing you clearly don't possess the capacity to provide a counter arguement.

I've made my case, good day to you sir.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-02-23
posté August 23, 2013, 19:04:33 | #86
in the trailer.... why nox is there.... or is it harebourg, looks like nox his actions since he mumificate.... and if its nox why he look so weird with a count harebourg helmet

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté August 23, 2013, 19:06:57 | #87

Quote (JustD87 @ 23 August 2013 18:57) *

It's mmorpg, it DOES take a lot of time if you want to accomplish something, if you don't have time for that then maybe mmorpgs are not for you.

And I wasn't only talking about myself but about other people too, stop trying to get an excuse for free restat, I bet you never even thought about changing your character just because some other class was changed, but yeah, whatever

It's a valid arguement for free restats, and since you just repeat the same thing you clearly don't possess the capacity to provide a counter arguement.

I was the one using arguments like: there is no reason to give us restat if our class didn't change or that we can still restat with scroll from shop or quest, all you said was "I want", without answering on anything I said Even now all you said was "It's a valid argument for free restat", without explaining why, so I will stop here as well  

This post has been edited by Rokugatsu - August 23, 2013, 19:10:59.
Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-04-09
posté August 23, 2013, 19:45:31 | #88

Quote (JustD87 @ 23 August 2013 18:57) *

+1

On topic: Why dont ankama make it so if you hit lvl cap you get a free reset. Also... having a reset at lvl 30 is way too early, as someone already said, you can get to lvl 30 really quick, and the stats/skills you have at that lvl are not that decisive

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté August 23, 2013, 20:11:03 | #89
Or i don't know maybe you could let people respec when they want, and rely on the content and challenges of the game to provide the entertainment. Granted dofus and wakfu have always had this rather rigid character build idea but most other mmo's just let you do what you want. My sac is a tank but the group already has one, go respec him to damage. My eni is air but the group needs a healer, go make her a healer. Heck, give us multiple specs, sell a second spec in the boutique and people will by that and let us change b/w builds with a toggle. Then you have tons of people really excited and occupied b/c they want to keep two sets current and have more gear to hunt for.

My main issue with the money grabs for respecs and smithmagic hammers is that you're charging a dwindling player base more for features that should be included as part of a subscription. If you increase the player base you will get more money. Some of us already have multiple accounts subscribed and spend a good deal of money on the game every year as it is. I wish you'd make an effort to increase the players so you could have more revenue instead of finding new ways to gouge the few you have.

Or heck, put out freaking cosmetic items. You really missed the ball there on the bilbiza swimsuit costume. You could have put out more class themed haven bag items. You haven't updated much of the stuff in the boutique in ages, and most of us have all those items that we want. If ankama needs money, give us something for it instead of charging us more for the features we already have grown used to having.

Builds and gear customization enrich a game and help with player retention by allowing people to customize sets and to tweak their game play or fill multiple roles. Charging people for these basic game features isn't exactly ideal.

If ankama spent more time trying to please the players they have so they keep them and advertising so they could get more we'd all be a lot better off. I'm tired of reading patch notes where lots of great things are given to us and then they take away things too. It's always 2 steps forward 1 step backward. You're always shooting yourself in the foot. I want the game to be fun and challenging, but I expect a base level of features for my subscription, and frankly you add them in and take them out constantly and make changes to the rules of the game, so the thought that you might change everything else to such an extent that even if you don't change my class it might over time become less optimal specwise is not really that farfetched.

I don't read anything by no more respecs other than, we want you few who are left to give us more money than you already do for features you've enjoyed up until now for free.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-03-26
posté August 23, 2013, 20:54:51 | #90
globalization of markets is awesome ! goodjob

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté August 23, 2013, 21:15:52 | #91

Quote (Merriden @ 23 August 2013 18:54) *

I believe the quest respec needs to be a series of dungeons done, not mindlessly gathering low level materials.

1) There is an implication that a character in need of a respec has a build that is not ideal, meaning they'll find it more difficult than normal to complete a dungeon.

You raise a sound argument and I can respectfully agree with your first point.

A series of dungeons was how the manual respec was done on Dofus, and I enjoyed that system very much. That is why I supported it in the first place.

• Mango

posté August 23, 2013, 21:28:16 | #92

Quote (Brokonaut @ 23 August 2013 21:15) *

Quote (Merriden @ 23 August 2013 18:54) *

A series of dungeons was how the manual respec was done on Dofus, and I enjoyed that system very much. That is why I supported it in the first place.

• Mango
but in dofus is or was a single dungeon, special for respecting, that adjust to your character lvl/skills, no? (never played dofus, but thats what a friend told me)

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté August 23, 2013, 21:29:25 | #93

Quote (cyndiloo @ 23 August 2013 20:11) *
Or i don't know maybe you could let people respec when they want, and rely on the content and challenges of the game to provide the entertainment. Granted dofus and wakfu have always had this rather rigid character build idea but most other mmo's just let you do what you want. My sac is a tank but the group already has one, go respec him to damage. My eni is air but the group needs a healer, go make her a healer. Heck, give us multiple specs, sell a second spec in the boutique and people will by that and let us change b/w builds with a toggle. Then you have tons of people really excited and occupied b/c they want to keep two sets current and have more gear to hunt for.

My main issue with the money grabs for respecs and smithmagic hammers is that you're charging a dwindling player base more for features that should be included as part of a subscription. If you increase the player base you will get more money. Some of us already have multiple accounts subscribed and spend a good deal of money on the game every year as it is. I wish you'd make an effort to increase the players so you could have more revenue instead of finding new ways to gouge the few you have.

Or heck, put out freaking cosmetic items. You really missed the ball there on the bilbiza swimsuit costume. You could have put out more class themed haven bag items. You haven't updated much of the stuff in the boutique in ages, and most of us have all those items that we want. If ankama needs money, give us something for it instead of charging us more for the features we already have grown used to having.

Builds and gear customization enrich a game and help with player retention by allowing people to customize sets and to tweak their game play or fill multiple roles. Charging people for these basic game features isn't exactly ideal.

If ankama spent more time trying to please the players they have so they keep them and advertising so they could get more we'd all be a lot better off. I'm tired of reading patch notes where lots of great things are given to us and then they take away things too. It's always 2 steps forward 1 step backward. You're always shooting yourself in the foot. I want the game to be fun and challenging, but I expect a base level of features for my subscription, and frankly you add them in and take them out constantly and make changes to the rules of the game, so the thought that you might change everything else to such an extent that even if you don't change my class it might over time become less optimal specwise is not really that farfetched.

I don't read anything by no more respecs other than, we want you few who are left to give us more money than you already do for features you've enjoyed up until now for free.
I don't know any game where you can change your build and restat at any moment. Many mmorpgs now have an option to switch the class (which you also have to lvl first) whenever you want, is that what you mean?

I agree that they should just put decorations/costumes ect in butique, and stuff like scrolls leave for us in the game to get via quests or kamas.

posté August 23, 2013, 21:46:48 | #94
swtor, gw2, world of warcraft. . .All you have to do is play a very miniscule fee with in game currency, if that, and you can redistribute your points. Of course these games are all more focused on end game. I suppose build matters a great deal more in wakfu in some ways because you have to develop it so much as you level, but many games allow people the freedom of more than one spec or the ability to adjust builds per encounter or at will.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - August 23, 2013, 21:49:19.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté August 23, 2013, 22:18:42 | #95
We should get a free respec at level 30, 100, and eventually 150 and 200. I think that is reasonable.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-02-10
posté August 24, 2013, 02:26:46 | #96
Ohhhhh NOW you fix the retarded auction system. GG. SCHOOL STARTED.

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté August 24, 2013, 03:58:59 | #97

Quote (saphiLC @ 23 August 2013 21:28) *

Quote (Brokonaut @ 23 August 2013 21:15) *

• Mango
but in dofus is or was a single dungeon, special for respecting, that adjust to your character lvl/skills, no? (never played dofus, but thats what a friend told me)

Not quite. Your friend was rather wrong.

To perform the manual respec you needed to accept a quest from an NPC. From there, you would have to do one to five dungeons on Otomai's Island, depending on your level. The higher level you were, the more dungeons you would have to do.

While the quest was active, each dungeon boss had a 100% chance to drop a special quest item for you. Once you collected the amount that the quest asked you to receive, you could return with quest items in hand and reset up to one spell to return the points invested in it.

To reset your attribute points it was the same process, however you had to complete a number of quests as well (the quests only had to be completed once as a pre-requisite, and depending on your level you had to complete a number of quests. Two quests per tier of levels.

Also if you were under level 30, you can respec an infinite number of by just talking to an NPC. It was awesome for F2P players and you'd see a fair population in Incarnam. Dofus had a great amount of F2P content.

• Mango

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-04
posté August 24, 2013, 17:03:37 | #98

Absolutely everything in this post.

Im upset about the death of global respecs because they were fun, i dont really need one every month but if wabbits turn out to need one kind of build i want to be able to change to that build without spending weeks collecting low level matts. The current system is just boring and makes it a chore rather than an activity. Like getting gear is hard to do but at least you have to do interesting fights during it.

And in relation to the anti-power leveling system they put in or whatever you want to call it, as a level 113 who wont have hours to play this pisses me off. I dont care if leveling is hard to do but if i have a group of friends who are willing to drag my ass through the harder content then why should they be penalized. If i meet the requirements to get onto the island, then let me play on the island just like everyone else.

posté August 24, 2013, 17:10:54 | #99

Quote (WingedPolarBear @ 24 August 2013 17:03) *

Absolutely everything in this post.

Im upset about the death of global respecs because they were fun, i dont really need one every month but if wabbits turn out to need one kind of build i want to be able to change to that build without spending weeks collecting low level matts. The current system is just boring and makes it a chore rather than an activity. Like getting gear is hard to do but at least you have to do interesting fights during it.

And in relation to the anti-power leveling system they put in or whatever you want to call it, as a level 113 who wont have hours to play this pisses me off. I dont care if leveling is hard to do but if i have a group of friends who are willing to drag my ass through the harder content then why should they be penalized. If i meet the requirements to get onto the island, then let me play on the island just like everyone else.
one thing to note here is we don't know how bad this buff will be, and there are ways around it for the more geared players to compensate and protect 1 or 2 others. In frigost they gated it by not letting you even access the rest of the island until a certain level, so this may be preferable if the buff isn't just awful and the experience reward is worth dealing with it. There are still plenty of monsters in frigost that parties can do to get up to 120 or 125 as well as their dungeons.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - August 24, 2013, 17:12:05.
posté August 24, 2013, 20:46:26 | #100

Quote (cyndiloo @ 23 August 2013 01:15) *

Quote (saphiLC @ 23 August 2013 01:08) *
This is your last chance ankama... and by how these notes looks, i think you are going to screw it again. Loved the concept of the game, i wanted to purchase 2 year sub some time ago for my 2 accounts, to support you, but for now im purchasing weekly subs. If Wabbits are as annoying as they looks like... bye... and i will fking rage because i love this game, wasted more than 1 year and a half in it. I said it tons of times already but FIRE GROU... althought i think is a bit too late now, the game is quite screwed beyond repair, not just the new mechanics you call improvements but the bad image you gave to the game, no one NEW would ever pay to play this hellish annoying not-rewarding bugged in-alpha(not even beta) always-changing-to-worst losing-players-base-every-week sandbox game.

Call me w/e you want, i already knew this was going to happen and im glad more and more ppl is noticing it and complaining. If the game is still live during the next year (you will start noticing it with wabbits) you will see how that new "feature" of minimal skill damage will be a pain in the butt.

grou is not in charge of monsters and dungeons, he works on class revamps also how can you tell anything about the combat and mechanics of wabbits from that video? There are certainly things to complain about like the respec and other things, but I think the animation and monster families look great! I'm truly excited to experience these new mobs and this content.

As far as the buff to prevent leeching, there are still plenty of places to leech in the game to get up here and we don't know how strong it will be. I want the content to be fun and challenging and dragging along level 80's means it's not if you can compensate for that.
Keep living in a lie about what grou does or doesnt do, thats all ill tell you. i could search in the forum for the info where they say and/or hint about grou and UBs, for example, but u are the blind one.
---------------------------------
Im glad they are removing the free respec each month, why should i complain about that? if they change eni, why should a feca respec? (unless u use 6 accounts, lolz). Monsters look ok, maps looks more of the same with cawwots. I just hope monsters dont take 30 minutes to kill and i really hope the drop rate is better than frigost... getting just exp after a battle (or even after the new dungeons) makes the game just a grind grind grind boring game.

The buff if you are lower lvl should be in every monster in the game, but only if they give the same amount of exp even if you solo, that would be understandable and party encouraging... but the way is going to be for wabbits is "regular exp for harder battles that will take a lot of time thanks to the buff and since it will take ages to lvl we will be wasting tons of time", if they wanted to avoid power lvling they would make wabbit island accesible only after u hit certain lvl, like in frigost.

Fun and challenging =/= annoying mechanics to waste time and consume your "cheap" subscription time.

This post has been edited by saphiLC - August 24, 2013, 20:48:13.