Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

Behold the International Community Team!
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté November 01, 2013, 10:00:00 | #1
Behold the International Community Team! Now that the recruitment period is over, it is now time to present to you the new Volunteer International Community Team made out of both the forum and game Moderators. 

We would like to start by thanking the Community for your great interest in participating in this new Volunteer Moderator Program for the International Community Team (ICT). This program was created in effort to improve the Community's experience of the forums and WAKFU.

We have received countless applications and while it was very hard to choose, we finally got to select a handful of very suitable candidates which we hope that the community will welcome and enjoy their presence as much as we do. We are also very thankful for their participation and for volunteering their time.

A complete list of what an ICT Moderator is about can be found in the recruitment dedicated news.

Most of you are already familiar with our current moderators, who for their hard work have earned the rank of  ICT Senior Moderators!

The new ICT Recruit Moderators will have have the opportunity to reach highter ranks and eventually become one as well.

Without any further delay, I present to you the complete list of the Volunteers ICT Moderators that you may find hovering in the forums and possibly in-game!

The International Community Team Moderators

As an added bonus to get to know them better, you may find introduction posts linked to their names.

ICT Senior Moderators

• [MOD]Moon
  • [MOD]O-Respeitador
  • [MOD]Masama
  • [MOD]JimboSunany
  • [MOD]Mek

ICT Recruit Moderators

• [MOD]Lenaw
  • [MOD]Aradryan
  • [MOD]Gataki
  • [MOD]Walkure
  • [MOD]Atdose
  • [MOD]Itsade
  • [MOD]Kuali
  • [MOD]Ranuko

We also have 3 more recruits making their way to the team and will be added to this list shortly.

Conclusion

The main purpose of this thread is to present to you the new International Community Team and get familiar with its members but it is also to open the dialogue with the community to share with us your feedback regarding the program.

While the ICT Moderators are a great addition and opportunity to better your overall experience, we want the community to also know that they are closely monitored on their actions.

Any issues with the ICT Moderators can be reported by contacting [Sabi] via the Ankabox and/or via email to: wakfumoderation@ankama.com

A lot more in-game presence and forum presence is about to unleash on the World of Twelve! We can't wait to see what this talented team has in store for us!

I will now let the community give a big welcome to the new Volunteer International Community Team Moderators!

Senior Moderator * Member Since 2012-04-18
posté November 01, 2013, 20:01:53 | #2
A warm welcome to all the new Mods!

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté November 01, 2013, 20:22:15 | #3
Welcome, now give us your real nicknames!  

Recruit Moderator * Member Since 2013-10-25
posté November 01, 2013, 20:22:16 | #4
Hey everyone! I'm Itsade.

Feel free to pronounce that however you want - my favorite is with a silent T.

I'm looking forward to talking with you all in-game with one hand, and making sure everything's running smoothly on the forums with the other.
You might've seen me sneakily working already...

Let's work together!

posté November 01, 2013, 20:55:31 | #5
Howdy folks! Lenaw here.

I'll be joining [MOD]Itsade in sneaking around in-game and making sure everything is in order. I'm very excited about meeting you all there! Fun times await us up ahead.

This post has been edited by [MOD]Lenaw - November 01, 2013, 20:57:41.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté November 01, 2013, 21:25:15 | #6
Welcome I hope more voices talking to us and Ankama from a more official position like yours will help things run at a more appropriate pace, and make it generally more pleasant for all involved. My best wishes to you all.

posté November 01, 2013, 21:29:30 | #7
Hi everyone! I'm baby mod Gataki.

I'll be doing my best to help out, keep the forums clean, beat up a pesky bot or two, and make sure everyone has a good time.

Soon.

This post has been edited by [MOD]Gataki - November 01, 2013, 21:41:52.
posté November 01, 2013, 21:40:07 | #8

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 01 November 2013 21:25) *
Welcome I hope more voices talking to us and Ankama from a more official position like yours will help things run at a more appropriate pace, and make it generally more pleasant for all involved. My best wishes to you all.

That's the plan!

Expect a few of us to be joining you in-game soon.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté November 01, 2013, 21:48:50 | #9
Welcome, new mods! Hope we don't drive you too crazy...

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté November 01, 2013, 21:57:25 | #10
i cant shake the feeling that mods are making posts then saying positive things on reg accounts then mods are then replying.... some sort of crazy conversation... Im still iffy on these new mods im expecting heavy censorship from things they disapprove of or just because they dislike a person.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté November 01, 2013, 22:04:35 | #11

Quote (Nox16 @ 01 November 2013 21:57) *
i cant shake the feeling that mods are making posts then saying positive things on reg accounts then mods are then replying.... some sort of crazy conversation... Im still iffy on these new mods im expecting heavy censorship from things they disapprove of or just because they dislike a person.
I'm a little worried about this as well and have been worried about it but I like mod moon and they are basically watching over them so I trust moons judgement. Moon knows how I am and handles it pretty decently to the best of their ability.

These new guys though might take awhile to get used to my nonsense hahaha.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2006-02-25
posté November 01, 2013, 22:10:02 | #12

Why so seriously gloomy over this? As MODs they have to censor some of the things being posted, some things are just rather destructive towards the game instead of constructive, the way it supposed to be. We all have to learn to be constructive.

If something is really annoying you about the game, you could go on the forum and be rather destructive in your comment about that, or you could point out what is annoying you so much, why, and how - according to you - it should work instead; making it the more constructive and at the same time you've expressed your annoyance without having to worry about being banned from the forum for 7 days.

Welcome to all the new MODs, hope to see you get really involved and where possible be an example, where needed.

Tyvm

This post has been edited by TaoZen - November 01, 2013, 22:12:41.
Reason for edit : bad pizza is bad
Senior Moderator * Member Since 2013-10-25
posté November 01, 2013, 22:19:35 | #13
Hey guys! I see not all of you are as exited as others, I hope we can change your mind I'll be around the next few days in astrub when I'm online so feel free to pop down and say hi, I'll be around for a few hours tonight from about 1 am GMT (may be a bit later but I will be there) so if your about, don't be shy.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-05-15
posté November 01, 2013, 22:20:03 | #14

Quote (TaoZen @ 01 November 2013 22:10) *

Why so seriously gloomy over this? As MODs they have to censor some of the things being posted, some things are just rather destructive towards the game instead of constructive, the way it supposed to be. We all have to learn to be constructive.

If something is really annoying you about the game, you could go on the forum and be rather destructive in your comment about that, or you could point out what is annoying you so much, why, and how - according to you - it should work instead; making it the more constructive and at the same time you've expressed your annoyance without having to worry about being banned from the forum for 7 days.

Welcome to all the new MODs, hope to see you get really involved and where possible be an example, where needed.

Tyvm

I see some sarcasm there^^ ahahaha.

But yeah I do agree with Nox, also I don't hope the new mods are like Masama etc. Some Mods really think they are god, and bann you from forums for 7 days because they can't take the critisism towards Ankama. Some mods really need some check up, I know they are being hired to defend their "awesome" company but everybody on this forums has free opinion, and they can comment as they wish. Ankama should learn that not everything is cookies and cakes. If this company doesn't learn to accept that, more people will leave the game eventually. When a company learns to listen to their customers, that's how it get's loyal customers.

So here by, I welcome you new MoD's but please learn to take some critisism, this way you will be respected a lot by players, and help the company grow.

My 2 cents.

posté November 01, 2013, 22:26:36 | #15

Think of yourselves as the "Recruit Moderator Moderators"! If we're doing something that you're not happy with, you have the power to report our behavior to Sabi! Don't be afraid to make her aware if you ever feel that we're acting unjustly.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-05-18
posté November 01, 2013, 22:37:04 | #16
Could never do this. I would have to be an in-game mod. I divulge myself too much to do otherwise xD

Senior Moderator * Member Since 2013-10-25
posté November 01, 2013, 22:48:23 | #17

Quote (GoldenBane @ 01 November 2013 22:37) *
Could never do this. I would have to be an in-game mod. I divulge myself too much to do otherwise xD
This is why I'm glad I'm a game MOD  

Senior Moderator * Member Since 2013-04-22
posté November 01, 2013, 22:51:45 | #18
Hi everyone,

I'm Moon! Some of you may have already seen me posting around the forums by now. I would like to also welcome the new recruits to the team.

Along with moderating the forums I'm also a big advocate for events and player-staff interaction. Help me help you guys by posting in this thread and I will be sure to see you all in-game soon!

Quote (Karakedi @ 01 November 2013 22:20) *

Quote (TaoZen @ 01 November 2013 22:10) *

Tyvm
I see some sarcasm there^^ ahahaha.

But yeah I do agree with Nox, also I don't hope the new mods are like Masama etc. Some Mods really think they are god, and bann you from forums for 7 days because they can't take the critisism towards Ankama. Some mods really need some check up, I know they are being hired to defend their "awesome" company but everybody on this forums has free opinion, and they can comment as they wish. Ankama should learn that not everything is cookies and cakes. If this company doesn't learn to accept that, more people will leave the game eventually. When a company learns to listen to their customers, that's how it get's loyal customers.

So here by, I welcome you new MoD's but please learn to take some critisism, this way you will be respected a lot by players, and help the company grow.
My 2 cents.

In defense of [MOD]Masama, decisions to ban a player from posting on the forums are not solely made by a single moderator. They always have to be discussed among all of us including ACM [Sabi] if she is present at the time. Even if she is not she has to know what we have done.

Constructive criticism of the game and the company is always allowed. But when a player decides to lash out with foul language or the intent is of malice rather than productivity, that is when we decide to sanction. Generally we start with a warning followed by bans if the person continues to be offensive or decides to circumvent their forum ban with a second account.

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 01 November 2013 22:04) *

I'm a little worried about this as well and have been worried about it but I like mod moon and they are basically watching over them so I trust moons judgement. Moon knows how I am and handles it pretty decently to the best of their ability.

These new guys though might take awhile to get used to my nonsense hahaha.

I will be sure to keep my eye on them all. New moderators need approval from the senior moderators before they take action so that we can very closely monitor what they do and make sure that whatever decisions they make are not out of personal bias. You can trust us I promise!

- Moon

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté November 01, 2013, 22:57:12 | #19
the thing is i couldnt prove it ever. If you remove a post because it somehow is against you as a player i cant prove you did that because i dont know who you are. Also you can make a topic about whatever on your reg account and then use your mod account to censor anyone who disagrees or just thinks differently.

Thats where my paranoia is kicking in. You can edit or modify anything to your liking possibly for personally gain and we couldnt be sure if it was for modding reasons or for selfish reasons. Even other mods may not know who you are in game so they couldnt tell it either! you see its just that nagging question every time i see a mod edit a post. I can understand why some posts are modified but idk sometimes it feels like they are biased is all.

Senior Moderator * Member Since 2013-04-22
posté November 01, 2013, 23:34:38 | #20

Quote (Nox16 @ 01 November 2013 22:57) *
the thing is i couldnt prove it ever. If you remove a post because it somehow is against you as a player i cant prove you did that because i dont know who you are. Also you can make a topic about whatever on your reg account and then use your mod account to censor anyone who disagrees or just thinks differently.

Thats where my paranoia is kicking in. You can edit or modify anything to your liking possibly for personally gain and we couldnt be sure if it was for modding reasons or for selfish reasons. Even other mods may not know who you are in game so they couldnt tell it either! you see its just that nagging question every time i see a mod edit a post. I can understand why some posts are modified but idk sometimes it feels like they are biased is all.

Your paranoia is entirely justified! However any action a member of the ICT takes is always recorded. We will always know if someone turns a post invisible or edits a post. There is no way for us to see what it was before the edit, but that is where we are trusting moderators not to act out of personal bias.

Many of us on our personal accounts do not post very often at all. If something ever happens that requires moderation in a topic we are present in, we ask that another moderator handles it to pass judgment on their own.

That being said, if you ever feel like you are treated unfairly on this forum (and this goes for everyone!) please do not hesitate to contact [Sabi]. Any moderator found abusing their power either in-game or on the forums will be dealt with very swiftly.

I am not sure there is anything else that I can say to make you trust us. We can answer almost any question that you or anybody else has about the moderation process. We want to be as transparent as possible so it does not feel like we are unfairly censoring anything that anybody has to say.

I am hoping that in time, you will see that we are working to promote a better community and help all players enjoy the game.

- Moon