Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

WAKFU Season 1 Soon Dubbed Into English?
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté January 20, 2014, 06:00:00 | #1
WAKFU Season 1 Soon Dubbed Into English? The WAKFU animated series is ready to cross borders! Today, Ankama is turning to Kickstarter to raise funds for a high-quality English dub for WAKFU. We’re putting the future of the Brotherhood of the Tofu in the hands of our fans and we have never been more excited!

It’s no secret that English-speaking fans of the WAKFU series around the world have been asking for an official English release of the series for years.

And now, finally, Ankama is going to let these fans have it their way… by giving them control of the dubbing project through Kickstarter!

Join the adventure on Kickstarter, follow us on Twitter, or visit the new WAKFU series website to learn more! 

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2014-01-13
posté January 20, 2014, 16:04:01 | #2
Backing! Want those art books, heheh.

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté January 20, 2014, 16:15:08 | #3
This is great
Hopefully we can reach the third stretch goal of 200,000 for second season dubs too!

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-06-25
posté January 20, 2014, 16:27:11 | #4
Sure we will, soon

Can we have a kickstarter to get more DEVs, more MODs, more PPL to work on our game demand? Not much, just to delivery programed content in time, fix what is broken without use this to postpone what is said almost done?

Maybe someone to fix multimen bugs, cause mine wasn't gifty, i paid for something, knowing what was going to be, to get something diferent, something that don't give me 100 pp on party to broken pp cap, something that bug in mid-fight, something that don't help me find relic fragment, and something that don't drops keys, but will need one to adventure with me... Cause i'm sure u recieved the money i paid it, but i'm sure, and i know u're sure, i didn't get what i paid for, cause have a lot of topics about the subject...

And if this was a lil to kickstart, someone to implement what was promissed, like a drop revamp, cause isn't come with february patch, but the PP nerf was giving 2 months ago, someone to work in the craft revamp, that should been 5 months ago, maybe the alliance system, the big nation deeds to give GPs, new things to HW cause the system is abandoned.

Talking about abandoned content, someone to clean up and finish the wakfu/stasis system, the gemlin erradication, the microbugs infesting the old content, and maybe helping on the new content breaking the old one, and if isn't too much to ask, someone to turn the Almanax Quests better, cause had 1 year, and ppl keep saying isn't have time to work on this.

So yes, i will help soon with ur kickstarter, but could u launch a kickstarter to something we care more? Help us to help u, is easy. And if all this isn't clear enough:

It’s no secret that PLAYERS/CUSTOMERS WAKFU game around the world have been asking for an official implement of new [promissed] content as well fixing on old [or not too old] content for years.

So let's give what the people want!!! At least once in ur lifetime...

P.S.: When u done something, just stop what are u doing, and ask to urself, 'i don't have time to work on this content, have my PLAYERS/CUSTOMERS time to still grind for hours and hours to get this thing? - Would i do the same thing if i was a player/customer?' This is easy, and a recipe to sucess, at least in game design...

BEST WISHES and good kickstart!!!

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-05-18
posté January 20, 2014, 16:41:16 | #5
I'm currently backing by buying ogrines, ogrines that you don't give me after my payment.
I opened a ticket, I posted at the topic that Sabi created about support. Passed near 72 hours and I still don't have my ogrines neighter an answer.
Why should I care about kickstarter?

Edit:

BTW I would like to have the wakfu series subbed in my mother language (pt-br), but not dubbed, the french speech is awesome.

This post has been edited by Lantiz - January 20, 2014, 16:57:04.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-08-15
posté January 20, 2014, 16:49:58 | #6
Finally!!! Backing Backing Backing!

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté January 20, 2014, 16:54:45 | #7
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YESSSSSSSSSSSS, omg, about TIME!!!!

Debating whether to go for the Ruel, Adamai, or Alibert package. Want those artbooks

lmbbooo, Percedal got his ass kicked during that preview.

This post has been edited by Fadedscourge - January 20, 2014, 17:12:36.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-10-31
posté January 20, 2014, 16:55:56 | #8
Percedal's voice sounds like Shoutmon's lol. What channel will it be on?

-Rizarealm

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-01-12
posté January 20, 2014, 17:44:21 | #9
hoping this comes through, I for one think a Wakfu would be bigger if the the show was in english.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-01-03
posté January 20, 2014, 17:54:23 | #10
At first I was almost sure I would pour money into this project, but after hearing Eva and Iop-Brain I changed my mind. French dubbing was far more better.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté January 20, 2014, 18:06:23 | #11

Quote (Naraevo @ 20 January 2014 17:54) *
At first I was almost sure I would pour money into this project, but after hearing Eva and Iop-Brain I changed my mind. French dubbing was far more better.
lol hack, I thought the same, but I think it's because we're just accustomed to how they sound in french. I for one, do enjoy their original voices, but I'm still excited for this.

Gives the feeling as If I watching a completely new series.

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté January 20, 2014, 18:53:00 | #12
This is one good step forward unless it clearly advertising the WAKFU MMORPG no one will know about.

Most of the people who watched the anime do not know there is a game , half of them find about the game when trying to google new episodes to watch.

So please for the love of logic force the animation team to make a short advert on every single episode with the lines of "enjoyed the anime? play the MMORPG" its that simple.

On a sidenote if the players are funding this via kickstart it would be nice if we had some input on the dubbing voices as so far the quality is no higher than fan based dubs. 

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté January 20, 2014, 19:29:49 | #13
OMG YUSS!! I hope they can find a network that's interested in airing it! Think of the advertising!! Maybe a Wakfu MMO advertisement... even if it mentions it for only a few seconds after each episode!

posté January 20, 2014, 19:44:05 | #14

Quote (Lantiz @ 20 January 2014 16:41) *
I'm currently backing by buying ogrines, ogrines that you don't give me after my payment.
I opened a ticket, I posted at the topic that Sabi created about support. Passed near 72 hours and I still don't have my ogrines neighter an answer.

Edit:

BTW I would like to have the wakfu series subbed in my mother language (pt-br), but not dubbed, the french speech is awesome.

All current tickets have been shared with the support team, I will update the thread shortly.

But to stay on topic, thanks for the feedback, if this campaign gets as much support as possible, the sky is only the limit and it would open the doors to more options for other languages too and well as continuation of the series, who knows!

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 20 January 2014 18:06) *

Quote (Naraevo @ 20 January 2014 17:54) *
lol hack, I thought the same, but I think it's because we're just accustomed to how they sound in french. I for one, do enjoy their original voices, but I'm still excited for this.

Gives the feeling as If I watching a completely new series.

It is normal to have to get used to hear a different voice but we will be adding subtitles in English and Spanish to the French version as a first goal and then we will start on the English dubbing depending on the support received. This still gives you the option to watch it in French if you would like. This is so exciting! And thank you if you are visiting the Kickstarter campaign page.

posté January 20, 2014, 19:55:30 | #15

Quote (JerryDB @ 20 January 2014 18:53) *
This is one good step forward unless it clearly advertising the WAKFU MMORPG no one will know about.

Most of the people who watched the anime do not know there is a game , half of them find about the game when trying to google new episodes to watch.

So please for the love of logic force the animation team to make a short advert on every single episode with the lines of "enjoyed the anime? play the MMORPG" its that simple.

On a sidenote if the players are funding this via kickstart it would be nice if we had some input on the dubbing voices as so far the quality is no higher than fan based dubs.

The Wakfu animated series is definitely a big plus for the game and vice versa. Wakfu is a transmedia universe after all.

The presence of the game is mentioned throughout the Kickstarter campaign, as well as being part of the pledges rewards (redeemable Wakfu MMO item) and also you might have noticed a new dedicated page directly available on the Wakfu website, which is fresh out of the web oven today: Here.

Having a short advertisement is something that Ankama is already familiar with, so that is indeed a great idea.

As far as giving an input on the dubbing, you sure will be able to, we plan on sharing behind the scene content as the project evolve.

I hope this helps answer your questions.  

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté January 20, 2014, 20:02:45 | #16
Damn you Ankama for murdering my wallet and backing you! After reading about it my cute little brother went on a rampage forcing me to spoil him T_T i hate it when that happens. Its been a long time since i saw him that happy about something

Anyway, will we get the second season if enough people back it? I'm not really clear on that part...

PS. make season 3 true!

EDIT: Just got a mail from Ankama, we will get the blu-ray of season two to if the third stretch is completed! 

This post has been edited by ThyHolyOverlord - January 21, 2014, 08:06:58.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté January 20, 2014, 20:08:56 | #17
I could get used to their new voices I guess, but they do indeed sound TOO cartoonish... And forced.

Also, seeing as how they're potentially dubbing Season 2, they better plan on making the Season 3 a reality sometime soon-ish.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - January 20, 2014, 20:10:47.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté January 20, 2014, 20:25:43 | #18
honestly from that dub.... it wasnt bad better than ones i remember hearing before

Regardless Black crow supporter here ;o

Also can i just say are they implying the last two artbooks are indeed in english? cause ill be honest if i had the funds id pledge 4 thousand just to get the last two and the nox figure ... also because its the nox tier.... anyway Come on guys pledge now! *does jazz hands to hope that impresses you enough to donate*

This post has been edited by Nox16 - January 20, 2014, 20:31:07.
Reason for edit : because i can.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-21
posté January 20, 2014, 20:33:39 | #19
Honestly, every Wakfu fan should chip into this, regardless of what they think of an English dub. Besides, the French language option is still going to be included on the blu ray.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-05-18
posté January 20, 2014, 20:35:02 | #20

Quote (Sabi @ 20 January 2014 19:44) *

Quote (Lantiz @ 20 January 2014 16:41) *

Edit:

All current tickets have been shared with the support team, I will update the thread shortly.

But to stay on topic, thanks for the feedback, if this campaign gets as much support as possible, the sky is only the limit and it would open the doors to more options for other languages too and well as continuation of the series, who knows!

Good to hear. Thanks for the update, I will need it soon (restat xD), hope I get my ogrines soon enough.

Regarding the kickstarter backing, hope you guys make it. I'm a big fan of your job, just get a little p*$#d when I dont get an answer on something important for me.
Honestly I wont backi it right now, my english is not that good, and as I already stated, i preffer the french dub =]

cheers!