Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Beta Server - Opening on January 28
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté January 23, 2014, 18:00:00 | #1
Beta Server - Opening on January 28 We recently talked about the Feca revamp and the Shustuft Crust Dimension and we know how much you are eager to discover for yourself this new content in-game. Therefore if you would like to test a preview of these changes, we invite you to join us, Tuesday 28/01, on our Beta server.

Starting on the 28/01, the Beta server opens its doors to never close them again. 

Yes, you read correctly, the server will now be continuously available and will allow you to test all the new content that will be implement to the Beta server. 

We start next Tuesday by the new version of the Feca class and the Shustuft Crust Dimension!

If you wish to join, just make sure to download and install one of these versions of the Updater:
You will then be able to access the Beta server normally via your login and password as usual. 

All of your characters will be imported with your Sidekick to the Beta server as they will be on Monday 27/01. 

Attention: Please note that this server does not give you access to the interface gift, or the Boutique, or to Krosmaster.

Also note that changes to your characters on the Beta server will not be reflected on your original server. In addition, since it is a Beta server, all the content is to be noted as being under development, we may have to restart/update it at any time

Please keep in mind that the contents of this server is subject to change and further balancing, and doesn't necessarily reflect the final quality of the content present in-game.

Finally, we invite you to share with us any feedback on unique topics that will be created for this purpose in the forum category "Beta Server". We also invite you to report the various bugs that you may find here (while of course using the usual bug report template). 

Thank you in advance for your participation and happy testing!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté January 24, 2014, 19:03:58 | #2
Will it be open for all or do i have to pay to help in testing?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté January 25, 2014, 01:42:44 | #3
Have they rescinded the proposed Key and Dungeon nerfs to the Sidekicks yet, on the upcoming Beta Server?

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté January 25, 2014, 01:56:17 | #4

You will then be able to access the Beta server normally via your login and password as usual.
Is this limited to remington / nox? or can I use my wakfu asia account?

posté January 25, 2014, 09:55:16 | #5

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 24 January 2014 19:03) *

It will be open for all, no need to pay extra.

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 25 January 2014 01:56) *

Is this limited to remington / nox? or can I use my wakfu asia account?

I will double check for you but currently all characters will be imported from your accounts.

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 25 January 2014 01:42) *
Have they rescinded the proposed Key and Dungeon nerfs to the Sidekicks yet, on the upcoming Beta Server?

The Beta server will focus on the Feca revamp and the new Shushu Dimension but we will confirm the exact content to test by Tuesday.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-01-09
posté January 25, 2014, 10:18:08 | #6
Oh, lovely! I thought I'd have to wait for February to test out the Feca revamp, so this is a nice surprise!

Prepare thine inboxes, Ankama, for the complaints shall soon commence.

posté January 25, 2014, 16:47:32 | #7
WOOHOO

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté January 25, 2014, 16:56:10 | #8
Hopefully we get a devblog about what exactly "elite" dungeons are before we get to test Shushu Dimension so that we are not absolutely lost!

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-30
posté January 25, 2014, 17:14:13 | #9

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 25 January 2014 16:56) *
Hopefully we get a devblog about what exactly "elite" dungeons are before we get to test Shushu Dimension so that we are not absolutely lost!
Didn't they say in the devblog?

Elite dungeons scale to the level of the highest level char in the party, so they are always hard.

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté January 25, 2014, 17:23:44 | #10

Quote (Spazturtle @ 25 January 2014 17:14) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 25 January 2014 16:56) *
Didn't they say in the devblog?

Elite dungeons scale to the level of the highest level char in the party, so they are always hard.
That is all that was mentioned. There was no mention of if there was any other kinds of mechanics, what the rewards are (besides drops) and if drops and rewards scale to the level of the player, along with how they are obtained, et cetera. Do we have a timer and or get a grade for how well we do? Do we collect points during the fights for better rewards? A line about how they scale to the highest character's level does not tell you "about what exactly 'elite' dungeons are". So no, that information in the changelog told us very little about the dungeon.

My question stems from this:

"On another note, we will have more content come out soon that isn’t Ultimate Bosses. It will be some very tactical combat, and we want to reward the players with no random drops. There might be some random items drop, but they will only be cosmetic. These fights will reward the players with equipment in a system that is similar to the old token system. This content will be for all levels but it will be elite content, so it will be for the really good players."

This was in the Q & A with Azael in September. When I read about elite dungeons it automatically reminded me of this.

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 25, 2014, 17:43:01.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté January 26, 2014, 01:11:59 | #11

Quote (Sabi @ 25 January 2014 09:55) *

What you mean by "extra"?

My question was... do we have to be subscribers to get access to beta server (pay to test) or can i help with my f2p account?

Because you know... as subscriber i wouldn't want to "waste my time that i have paid for" to test things on beta server but as f2p i can spend all my time testing without worries that my subscribtion time is running while i do not use it.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-04-14
posté January 26, 2014, 08:34:16 | #12
"to never close again..."?

I don't understand this part.
Does it mean, everyone is gonna be playing in the beta server from now on? I mean, since it's free and it won't close, might as well turn the test server into the new unofficial main server.

Please elaborate?

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-10-26
posté January 26, 2014, 09:26:29 | #13

Quote (Seekz-Two @ 26 January 2014 08:34) *

Does it mean, everyone is gonna be playing in the beta server from now on? I mean, since it's free and it won't close, might as well turn the test server into the new unofficial main server.

Please elaborate?

Well it does say that "changes to your characters on the Beta server will not be reflected on your original server" so unless everyone suddenly decides they don't want to level anymore, it's kind of unlikely we'll see the beta server replace the main servers...

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-12-02
posté January 27, 2014, 06:24:31 | #14
The beta server are free, is there subcripe server ?

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-12-15
posté January 27, 2014, 08:09:13 | #15
SRAAAAAAAAAAM REVAMMMMMMPPPPPPP
T_____T
WHYYY NOT SRAM WHYYYYY
T______T

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté January 27, 2014, 08:47:35 | #16

Quote (ennieeee @ 26 January 2014 09:26) *

Please elaborate?

Well it does say that "changes to your characters on the Beta server will not be reflected on your original server" so unless everyone suddenly decides they don't want to level anymore, it's kind of unlikely we'll see the beta server replace the main servers...
This + they will reset the server from time to time, so unless you wanna be at the same lvl with the same gear ect. till the end of the world, there is no point in playing there (other than testing).

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-04-24
posté January 27, 2014, 18:59:10 | #17
Will we be able to test a new drop rate system or have you not bothered yourselves to stick to your word, as usual?

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-06-10
posté January 27, 2014, 21:17:24 | #18
The WakfuBeta Update stops to download everytime in 6% ~ 10%! ;-;

I guess it is a lot of people downloading it or did u guys aren't having trouble?

What time it will open? It's already 28/01 and i'm getting "Erro: Server Locked",
Sorry but i'm really anxious to see how the new Feca is. ;-;

This post has been edited by AsuraBrasilX - January 28, 2014, 04:39:35.
posté January 28, 2014, 05:57:48 | #19

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 26 January 2014 01:11) *

Quote (Sabi @ 25 January 2014 09:55) *

What you mean by "extra"?

My question was... do we have to be subscribers to get access to beta server (pay to test) or can i help with my f2p account?

Because you know... as subscriber i wouldn't want to "waste my time that i have paid for" to test things on beta server but as f2p i can spend all my time testing without worries that my subscribtion time is running while i do not use it.

Hi Kikuihimonji!

I was able to confirm that the Beta server will be open to subscribers only.

Please elaborate?

Hi Seekz-Two!

It means that we are going to keep the Beta server open non stop (minus downtime for updating it once in a while) so that it will now be a long term tool to allow you to test new changes in advance and for us to use your feedback to improve the game.

Quote (JustD87 @ 27 January 2014 18:59) *
Will we be able to test a new drop rate system or have you not bothered yourselves to stick to your word, as usual?

Hi JustD87!

We will update the community on the exact list of changes to test: Here.

Quote (AsuraBrasilX @ 27 January 2014 21:17) *
The WakfuBeta Update stops to download everytime in 6% ~ 10%! ;-;

I guess it is a lot of people downloading it or did u guys aren't having trouble?

What time it will open? It's already 28/01 and i'm getting "Erro: Server Locked",
Sorry but i'm really anxious to see how the new Feca is. ;-;

Hi AsuraBrasilX!

I like your enthusiasm, I will update you guys on the Beta server status thread as soon as we can confirm the Beta server is opened.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-06-12
posté January 28, 2014, 07:13:40 | #20
will the server have like 5x the xp rate?