Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Updater Revamp on February 3rd!
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté January 27, 2014, 07:00:00 | #1
Updater Revamp on February 3rd! On February 3rd, the Updater will see a few changes coming! On the menu: Improvements, but also evolution on the way it has been offered to you so far. We have scheduled this revamp of the Updater prior to the next game update to ensure that nothing will prevent it to go smooth! However, we are also using this occasion to make some fixes to the game, which are detailed at the bottom of the news.This revamp of the Updater will automatically be implemented on February 3rd in the afternoon (French time) and will be compatible with all operating systems, therefore you do not have to do anything!

At the end of downloading this update you will see the following changes:

The progress bar will now display three steps to download the game: "Installation", "Tutorial" and "Full Game", and the Updater will be downloading the necessary files in that order.

Once the "tutorial" step is completed, you will be able to run the game and access the WAKFU tutorial before the full download is finished. This will give you the opportunity to create an Incarnate (or resume an existing Incarnate) to enjoy Incarnam. Note, however, that it will be impossible to leave Incarnam until the download is complete.  

On the character selection screen, you will be able to find your non-playable characters. They will be replaced by a progress gauge of the download in progress. This gauge will be included in the upper left corner of your game interfaces to allow you to be informed of the progress of the download at any time. It will also disappear when the download gets to 100%, which will make all the characters on your account available to you and for you to have access to the rest of the World of Twelve, without even having to restart your client.

Important note: It is the Updater which will manage the download of the necessary files. If you close it while you play, or while a download is in progress, it will stop and you will have to restart the Updater for it to finish.

Also please note that although this new feature will start on February 3rd in the afternoon (French time), this revamp of the Updater will be also useful for a first installation of the game since it will allow new players to start their adventure earlier, while still be in the process of downloading the game

In addition, to accompany these changes, we will make additional fixes to the Updater, especially regarding problems running the game (including some versions of Java 6 on Mac OSX) or for better performance when downloading updates.

Additonnal Game Fixes

We will also use this revamp of the Updater to add the following fixes to the game:

First Mission: Instead of collecting five logs, one by one, required by the quest, it will be possible to collect all five with just one click.

Larva Egg Quest: It will be possible to collect all the eggs at once.

Quest Tracker: The interface will remain where you have left it from your last login.

Quest Book: It will now be possible to click on a compass button to active or deactivate the arrow or compass quest markers.

Environment: The error message received when unable to plant in an area will be slightly improved to clarify that it will be necessary to kill more monsters, or have to go plant a little further to perform this action.

Profession Books: They will appear automatically on the screen when learning a new profession.

World Map:
  • The markers will no longer disappear if zooming out the map and zooming in again by using the +/- button.
  • There will be only one Mount Zinit boat marker instead of two.

Post process: If activated, the visual effect result will be improved. 

Shortcuts:
  • It will be possible to use the "Up Arrow" key on your keyboard while in combat.
  • The texts on the shortcut bar will update correctly after a change of shortcuts.
 We invite you to discover this revamp of the Updater on February 3rd, see you there!

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2014-01-13
posté January 27, 2014, 18:31:54 | #2

Quote (Sabi @ 27 January 2014 07:00) *

Quest Tracker: The interface will remain where you have left it from your last login.

Quest Book: It will now be possible to click on a compass button to active or deactivate the arrow or compass quest markers.

Environment: The error message received when unable to plant in an area will be slightly improved to clarify that it will be necessary to kill more monsters, or have to go plant a little further to perform this action.

Love these QOL changes.

Was a streaming client for Wakfu really needed though? I consider my download speeds to be average at best and I can download the entire game in half an hour or so.

This post has been edited by Drelkag - January 27, 2014, 18:32:35.
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-03-03
posté January 27, 2014, 18:42:46 | #3
Why not fix the zombie dungeon?
Multimen bugged Ranged?
Server Lagging issues?
Random bugs at Classes?

This post has been edited by Sargent-Wiggest - January 27, 2014, 18:46:17.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-04-24
posté January 27, 2014, 18:55:58 | #4
Sounds like a waste of time to me, stop putting off actual issues like Sargent-Wiggest said, in fact where is the revamp of the drop tables haven't heard a peep of that!

Start deligating time towards real issues or your customers who have been very VERY patient will eventually leave completely.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-02-09
posté January 27, 2014, 19:08:37 | #5
Honestly, where is fix for zwombits?
Im feeling insulted.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-06-27
posté January 27, 2014, 19:09:50 | #6
Ankama in charge of fixing things that will improve the game for everyone.
Go make another Multibugman advertise.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-06-12
posté January 27, 2014, 19:12:38 | #7
Better fix the working updater/launcher nobody gives a fk about...

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté January 27, 2014, 19:13:57 | #8
Well, it's nice but nobody complained about the old one, so why change it instead of changing what really should be changed?
Also, will we get the whole update at 3rd feb or just the new updater?

posté January 27, 2014, 20:28:06 | #9

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 27 January 2014 19:13) *
Well, it's nice but nobody complained about the old one, so why change it instead of changing what really should be changed?
Also, will we get the whole update at 3rd feb or just the new updater?

We're getting the new updater and the small list at the end of the post on the 3rd.

The Feca revamp and Shushu Dimension are coming later.

Ancient Eradicator * Member Since 2008-06-09
posté January 27, 2014, 20:34:31 | #10
When Ankama added animations to the world map, people complained that the people should have been working on these bugs. Yeah, like the people that do animations can fix the bugs . Similar scenario with this. [Ourson], if you check his FR profile, has the designation of Développeur Updater. This is his job. He works on the Updater, not on the content you guys are complaining about.

It is like telling the valet at the restaurant that they need to go to the kitchen to help prepare better food rather than get you your car since the transportation is useless if the food is crap. Good luck with them helping make the food better tasting!

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 27, 2014, 20:39:33.
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-01-09
posté January 27, 2014, 21:23:21 | #11
Thanks guys! an update is always welcome

Can't wait to see more cool stuff in February!

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-03-09
posté January 27, 2014, 21:47:24 | #12
Nice to see some fine tuning. Also like the way many on the tweaks seem to slant towards making things less grindy or annoying. That's the right path to take. Recent XP adjustments totally saved this game for me.

posté January 27, 2014, 23:11:14 | #13

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 27 January 2014 20:34) *
When Ankama added animations to the world map, people complained that the people should have been working on these bugs. Yeah, like the people that do animations can fix the bugs . Similar scenario with this. [Ourson], if you check his FR profile, has the designation of Développeur Updater. This is his job. He works on the Updater, not on the content you guys are complaining about.

It is like telling the valet at the restaurant that they need to go to the kitchen to help prepare better food rather than get you your car since the transportation is useless if the food is crap. Good luck with them helping make the food better tasting!

This.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté January 28, 2014, 00:17:28 | #14
Looks like a very nice update! I'm looking forward to it, and hope there aren't an crippling glitches introduced.

Community Helper * Member Since 2013-01-14
posté January 28, 2014, 00:22:11 | #15
Positive step to a more user-friendly interface. I'm glad to see it

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-03-12
posté January 28, 2014, 08:39:44 | #16
@Everyonecomplainingaboutankamamakingthegamemorenewbiefriendly [Text Removed], seriously- I want a bigger community and modernizing the launcher is one step towards making Wakfu a more accessible game that will draw more players. I want to see things change and grow like they are supposed to instead of stagnating the way they have been so please, with all due respect, shut up.

This post has been edited by [Sabi] - January 28, 2014, 16:30:27.
Reason for edit : Forums Rules of Conduct
Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté January 28, 2014, 11:54:29 | #17

Quote (Kalindaar @ 28 January 2014 08:39) *
@Everyonecomplainingaboutankamamakingthegamemorenewbiefriendly [Text removed], seriously- I want a bigger community and modernizing the launcher is one step towards making Wakfu a more accessible game that will draw more players. I want to see things change and grow like they are supposed to instead of stagnating the way they have been so please, with all due respect, shut up.
How is modernizing the launcher making Wakfu any more accessible? What was so bad about the old one? Was clicking the "play" button too hard or what?

It may be true that different kind of people are doing different stuff, but it doesn't change the fact that someone is the boss and decides about everything and instead of getting the most important stuff that they promised literally 1,5 year ago, we get some stuff that nobody asked for and that doesn't really change anything.

And I doubt that the person responsible for the launcher is doing JUST that.

This post has been edited by [Sabi] - January 28, 2014, 16:31:07.
Reason for edit : Quote Modified - Forums Rules of Conduct
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-11-22
posté January 28, 2014, 20:45:16 | #18
if the crippling memory leak issues are still in-game as of this patch, I might as well uninstall. These days, every time I get the urge to sit down and put a few hours into wakfu, I almost immediately get a foul taste in my mouth, and I'm reminded of the memory leaks that will cripple my client maximum of 10 minutes after I log in. I know of no other game company that would leave such a game-ruining flaw in their client for such an extended period of time.

I want to like Wakfu, I really do, but you guys make it really hard sometimes.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté January 29, 2014, 03:50:40 | #19
Hi guys,

The Updater revamp and the new version of the Updater is available with the Beta testing.

For information on the reopening of the Beta server, please click Here.

To share your feedback on the Updater while testing, please click Here.

Thank you for your participation!

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-06-12
posté January 31, 2014, 18:52:23 | #20
I bet a ton of new bugs will show up in game because of this launcher update. I know the launcher has nothing to do with the client files but hey... that's how Wakfu works. They change a font, the whole game breaks.