Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Updater Revamp on February 3rd!
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2013-10-08
posté February 04, 2014, 19:18:29 | #61
And nothing. I was download that updater, install and download game files..... And still I cant run the game

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 04, 2014, 19:22:44 | #62
Hi guys,

Thank you again for your reports on the new Updater, they have been compiled and the team is already working on fixes. We hope to update you soon on their findings and solutions.

For Linux 32 bits here is the correct download link: Here, white the team is working on updating the download page with it.

Also our [Ourson] informed us that an update was made today and it should also help with any launch issue, the correct size should be about 5MB. So make sure you are using the correct one from the download page: Here.

posté February 04, 2014, 22:14:45 | #63
When the next update is planned? On linux and windows still the game does not start.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-01-30
posté February 05, 2014, 10:50:12 | #64
hy guys
i'm using macintosh 10.6.8
i've finished the update 2 days ago but wakfu won't open, i tried to re-install and completed the update, but still got no result
i clicked the updater over and over again, but it seems like it doesn't want to open
do you know how to fix this?

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté February 05, 2014, 14:19:44 | #65
WOW you guys haven't fixed the Miss Freeze bug that makes you skip turns? Really? How many tickets do we have to send in? I mean.. It's been 6 months almost.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2013-02-11
posté February 05, 2014, 16:25:52 | #66
Wakfu logic:
"Hey, we made this update! We fixed about 25 bugs, such as bla bla bla bla bla bla"
MEANWHILE there are 645 new bugs, just cumulating from months and months.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-02-05
posté February 06, 2014, 07:49:54 | #67
why i have to make a new account?because server phaeris isn't available anymore..i don't want to start new game..cuz i'm already lvl 42...and lots of friends..so please make server phaeris available back..

posté February 06, 2014, 13:21:17 | #68
Today marks the four days when my subscription .... wasted, still bug has been repaired. I'm reinstalling the game, then the whole system and the error still occurs. I Pay and the game does not work. If the situation does not change never buy a longer subscription, because I do not want to repeat such a situation;/ lied to rapid repair but until today no updates

posté February 06, 2014, 13:30:34 | #69
I have exactly the same situation, also reinstalling the system and nothing - black window and your cursor ...
Bug regards Linux and Windows

posté February 06, 2014, 13:31:52 | #70

And an interesting thing: Dofus starts without problems But it is in Wakfu I want to play! ...

Developer * Member Since 2009-04-02
posté February 06, 2014, 17:29:56 | #71
Hi.

Sorry for the delay, but I have answers for you.

If you are unable to relaunch the updater following Monday's update, you can now download the installer again and install the game in the same folder, and your installation will be fixed. No need to uninstall, or download the whole game again.

From now on, the installer will act as a repair tool if you install Wakfu on top of an already existing installation.

Please make sure to always download the latest installer from the website. Using an outdated installer may not work.

Today's minor launch update also fixes a few graphical glitches.

Finally, for the Ubuntu users, the software center version will be updated soon, stay tuned !

Enjoy the game.

Ourson.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 06, 2014, 19:34:13 | #72

Quote (Ourson @ 06 February 2014 17:29) *
Hi.

Sorry for the delay, but I have answers for you.

If you are unable to relaunch the updater following Monday's update, you can now download the installer again and install the game in the same folder, and your installation will be fixed. No need to uninstall, or download the whole game again.

From now on, the installer will act as a repair tool if you install Wakfu on top of an already existing installation.

Please make sure to always download the latest installer from the website. Using an outdated installer may not work.

Today's minor launch update also fixes a few graphical glitches.

Finally, for the Ubuntu users, the software center version will be updated soon, stay tuned !

Enjoy the game.

Ourson.

Thanks [Ourson]!

Also we recommend that if you still are getting an error message when launching the game to verify that you have all the latest drivers installed on your computer.

Regarding MAC and Linux users, it is also recommended to completely uninstall the game and reinstall it, we are still working on more solutions for these users.

Also thank you everyone for all the reports on this thread and other forums (technical issues for example) they have helped the team to continue working on the fixes.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-03-28
posté February 06, 2014, 21:50:07 | #73
Um, the Uplauncher won't open after I had a update

posté February 06, 2014, 22:03:25 | #74
I reinstalled the game again. after downloading the files I receive the message:

Error: Wakfu did not shud down correctly
Error Code: 1

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-03-14
posté February 08, 2014, 18:08:07 | #75
I am having the same prob with wakfu

posté February 08, 2014, 22:52:15 | #76
I found the solution to the problem. If someone has a netbook with a resolution of 1024x600 the game does not start. The system windows 7 you need to change the values ​​in the registry and you can get a higher resolution - the game will run without a problem

Ankama should inform about something so important, right?

I am disgusted, I lost a few days of subscription.

So, now proof, whether the same approach will work on Linux. I'll call you soon to announce the results of

I have spent the night on the solution to this problem, but as I promised, I have a solution

Small tutorial for netbook users who have a problem running the game and the "black screen":

For Linux:

Just download the script and unpack it in any location. It should run and type resolution.
The most optimal to run it 1298x768
I noticed that once you turn on the login screen, you can minimize the window and go back to the orginal resolution.

Link to the script:
[/url]

Finally, if you are using Windows 7 or 8, and you have a similar problem, just in the system registry Display1_DownScalingSupported find and replace in all the positions of found value from 0 to 1
However, Windows has the impression of a flattened screen

I hope I helped someone

[url=http://gnome-look.org/CONTENT/content-files/134686-newrez.tar.gz]

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-12-27
posté February 09, 2014, 15:19:47 | #77

Quote (Swanson @ 08 February 2014 22:52) *
I found the solution to the problem. If someone has a netbook with a resolution of 1024x600 the game does not start. The system windows 7 you need to change the values ​​in the registry and you can get a higher resolution - the game will run without a problem

Ankama should inform about something so important, right?

I am disgusted, I lost a few days of subscription.

So, now proof, whether the same approach will work on Linux. I'll call you soon to announce the results of

I have spent the night on the solution to this problem, but as I promised, I have a solution

Small tutorial for netbook users who have a problem running the game and the "black screen":

For Linux:

Just download the script and unpack it in any location. It should run and type resolution.
The most optimal to run it 1298x768
I noticed that once you turn on the login screen, you can minimize the window and go back to the orginal resolution.

Link to the script:
[/url]

Finally, if you are using Windows 7 or 8, and you have a similar problem, just in the system registry Display1_DownScalingSupported find and replace in all the positions of found value from 0 to 1
However, Windows has the impression of a flattened screen

I hope I helped someone

[url=http://gnome-look.org/CONTENT/content-files/134686-newrez.tar.gz]
Swanson, thanks so much! I'm running 64-Bit Linux on a netbook and have been mucking around with 32-Bit libraries and Java nonsense since the update, with nothing but black screen to show for it. Resolution was the problem...

Have never had an open issue ticket just completely ignored by a company that's already taken my money before. Been almost a week. NOT AMUSED...

posté February 10, 2014, 07:58:56 | #78
I'm glad I could help. the idea of the resolution appeared when launched my linux recorded on a memory stick (not LiveUSB only been recorded system) on different computers. I just netbooks have a problem. And then I remembered that once I had the exact same problem when I installed my girlfriend netbook Windows 8 and August MetroUI not want to enable this reason, so the solution in windows I had done. The rest of the quest to solve this problem on linux already helped Internet users in the forums

Developer * Member Since 2009-04-02
posté February 13, 2014, 10:50:10 | #79
Hi all.

The ubuntu Software version has been updated.

Please update your ubuntu packages to get the new version.

Click here#Automatic_updates:_Update_Manager

Ourson

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-02-27
posté February 28, 2014, 19:25:35 | #80
Hello! I just simply wanted to tell my experience with the new updates. I downloaded it for the first time being a new user and saw that I could play the Tutorial before the game was fully loaded but wasn't aware that it would still be loading in the background. I was afraid that if I did the tutorial I'd have to let the game load over again and I didn't want that! So I waited instead until the entire game was complete instead. Can you please have a small message pop up somewhere next to the play the tutorial to reassure those who might not have read the update or was unsure that the game will still be loading as they play the tutorial? Thank you.