Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 18 Descendre
Play Day
Play Day commemorates the day when Ecaflip realised that his cards could provide him with another ...

No flash

CONTEST: Create the WAKFU MMO Fan Costume!
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 17, 2014, 10:00:00 | #1
CONTEST: Create the WAKFU MMO Fan Costume! Are you a WAKFU fan? Do you regularly travel to conventions to meet us? Or do you simply want to help represent your community in your own special way. Then this contest is for you!

If you already came to visit us at a convention, for example: Japan Expo or maybe Toulouse Game Show, you know that we enjoy to give some goodies to the fans who makes ​​the trip.

And while we understand that the International Community is so vast and can’t always travel such distance to come to meet us at conventions, for our next meetings, we would like to offer you to be able to participate your own way, by creating a convention exclusive in-game costume that will represent your community!

This costume must perfectly represent the WAKFU fan that you are while your imagination and creativity can do the rest.

Contest Concept

After we dug into our brains (Iop style), we decided that this costume would be more representative of the WAKFU fans if it was you who created it.

Here is what we offer to you with this contest: 

Invent "the" in-game costume that will best represent a "WAKFU MMO Fan" (or what WAKFU MMO is for you) which we will be offering you at the next conventions.

The two year celebration of your favorite MMO is approaching, as well as for the Ankama Convention too, and we thought this contest was a good opportunity to celebrate this with you...

Contest Timeline

The contest will take place in the following stages: 

• Send us your participation in a form of an illustration before Sunday, March 2nd at 10:59 PM GMT / 5:59 PM EST / 2:59 PM PST.
  • The Ankama team will select three costumes which will be considered as the most representative of the "WAKFU MMO fan", and the most feasible in terms of visual and technical aspect of its creation.
  • From the 10th to the 12th of March (10:59 PM GMT / 5:59 PM EST / 2:59 PM PST), a community poll will be launched on the WAKFU website, so that you can vote for the costume you prefer among the three we would have previously selected.
  • And finally onThursday, March 13th, we will reveal the winner!

The winner will win three months of subscription, as well as having the privilege of seeing his concept adapted and implemented in-game, and will be the first to receive it in-game!

The other two participants who were selected will earn each win one month of subscription.

Contest Rules

As long as your entry is a visual fan art able to be sent by e-mail, all materials are permitted: illustration, photography, modified image, 3D animation, cosplay sketches, sculpture, videos or any other materials.

• Your fanart must represent an in-game costume based on the theme “I am a fan of WAKFU MMO”.
  • You must be a player of the NOX or REMINGTON server to participate.
  • You must have an Ankama account to participate.
  • You do not need to be a WAKFU MMO subscriber to participate.
  • Only one entry per person is permitted (only the first received email will count).
  • Your entry may include several elements/materials only if there is a consistency between them and can only be sent together in a single email. For example, you can accompany your artwork with explanatory text, or cosplay sketches. It is however not possible to send two elements that are not linked to one another (to not conflict with the rule of "One entry per person".
  • If your entry includes a video, it should not last more than three minutes, must be hosted on YouTube and titled "I am a fan of WAKFU MMO" (and the link must be included in your participation email).
  • The title of the email sent for the contest must be: Ankama Nickname - Contest WAKFU MMO Fan (example: Sabi - Contest WAKFU MMO Fan).
  • The Ankama nickname that you specify in the title of your email must match the Ankama nickname of the in-game account that you want to be credited your rewards to, if you are part of the winners (Ankama nickname = forum name).
  • Your entry must be sent to the following e-mail address: wakfucontest@ankama.com
  • The participation mail sent to this address must not exceed 2 MB.

Warning: the winning entry will be primarily working as a base of inspiration for the team that will integrate it to the game. Therefore it is possible that the original illustration may be modified or adapted to meet the design consistency of the game while preserving the basic idea. 

If you run out of ideas, this Pink Gobball Costume could perhaps give you all the inspiration you need! 

You have until Sunday, March 2nd at 10:59 PM GMT / 5:59 PM EST / 2:59 PM PST to send us your participation email!

The pre-selected entries will then be presented in a news and subjected to a community poll starting on Monday, March 10th! 

EXTRACT "CREATE THE WAKFU MMO FAN COSTUME” – INT Communities:
"ANKAMA GAMES (RCS Lille métropole : 492 360 730) located 75 bd d’Armentières 59100 Roubaix – France , organizing starting February 17, 2014 until March 12, 2014 a free with no obligation to purchase, fan art contest: “Create the WAKFU MMO Fan Costume !" Reserved for the players of NOX and REMINGTON servers. Global value: 32 euros. 3 winners in total. From the 3rd to the 9th of March 2014 a jury of employees of the organizer will select the 3 most representative fan arts of the contest theme and the most technically feasible and will then submit them to the community for a poll starting on the 10th until the 12th of March 2014 to designate the preferred fan art the community. The results will be announced via a news on www.wakfu.com starting March 13th 2014. Contest rules registered at SCP ROY-LEMOINE-GALY (41 bd de Valmy 59650 Villeneuve d’Ascq) and accessible at: http://staticns.ankama.com/comm/news/wakfu/www/02_2014/wakfu-costume-contest-2014.pdf”.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté February 17, 2014, 11:24:17 | #2
Nice, I guess I'll try and draw something  

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté February 17, 2014, 15:06:08 | #3
Awesome! Good luck to everybody. Also new costume is nice. And Sabi do you think we can have a boutique item that turns merged set boxes into costumes?

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-02-18
posté February 17, 2014, 17:34:31 | #4
I could try, but then it'd scream "Ecaflip player" more than "Wakfu player".

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté February 17, 2014, 19:48:53 | #5
hmmm the costume that would best represent the nox server..... HMMMMMMM.... im going to have to think about this.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté February 17, 2014, 20:00:14 | #6
I'll try my best

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-08-28
posté February 17, 2014, 22:00:10 | #7
I bet a swimsuit insig would win this contest!

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-09-04
posté February 17, 2014, 22:28:11 | #8
fix bugs plz, respond to players pls

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté February 18, 2014, 07:06:47 | #9

Quote (mapleshifter @ 17 February 2014 22:28) *
This please! I absolutely love this idea, but I cannot enjoy it, or any content at all if I am not responded to regarding my sub issue. It's nearing a month now. I'd like to get back into the game.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-10-04
posté February 18, 2014, 08:31:05 | #10

Quote (RaVeN-Fifteen @ 18 February 2014 07:06) *

This please! I absolutely love this idea, but I cannot enjoy it, or any content at all if I am not responded to regarding my sub issue. It's nearing a month now. I'd like to get back into the game.
Agreed. This was the only post created by sabi since the weekend. A lot of bugs have been reported the last days, people ask many questions in the general forum that don't get answered and our community manager only has time to translate this stupid thread. I really hope they will cast a community assistant soon...

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-12-02
posté February 18, 2014, 22:32:10 | #11
I'm guessing this means it has to be based off of something directly in-game like a tofu or something?

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-09-13
posté February 19, 2014, 03:54:49 | #12
finally time to make awesome costume!!

This post has been edited by RaZept - February 24, 2014, 03:56:38.
Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2009-10-10
posté February 21, 2014, 01:16:03 | #13
Can someone create one with RECONNECT SYSTEM plastered all over it?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté February 21, 2014, 01:24:07 | #14

Quote (Nox16 @ 17 February 2014 19:48) *
hmmm the costume that would best represent the nox server..... HMMMMMMM.... im going to have to think about this.
a black and white trool set

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-12-12
posté February 21, 2014, 04:12:40 | #15
Is it possible to get a reply or post names if you receive the e-mail?
I am afraid that didn't arrive.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-01-14
posté February 21, 2014, 08:19:33 | #16
Their needs to be a costume of the classes without any gear on. I really like the way all the classes look with out gear and I hate that it always has to be covered up. At least give us an option to turn the visual of the gear on and off.

posté February 24, 2014, 17:19:00 | #17

Quote (RaVeN-Fifteen @ 18 February 2014 07:06) *

Bugs are a continuous task like for many other MMOs, which is handled by the dev team and your bug reports are very important as well to continue this task. We have also started a Q&A thread: Here.

Regarding your subscription issue, I will send another inquiry to the support team.

Quote (Pakonitan @ 18 February 2014 22:32) *
I'm guessing this means it has to be based off of something directly in-game like a tofu or something?

It doesn't have to be based on a particular in-game item but has to represent how you feel a WAKFU MMO fan costume should look like for your community.

Quote (DarkHHHHHH @ 21 February 2014 04:12) *
Is it possible to get a reply or post names if you receive the e-mail?
I am afraid that didn't arrive.

Sure, I only have received 2 entries so far which means that I hope we do receive some more as it be pretty cool to have your own costume design to be representing your community and here are the names:
  • DarkHHHHHH
  • Tashlol

Want to join these awesome contestants and get your very own community costume in-game made from your proposal? Send your entry at wakfucontest@ankama.com!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté February 24, 2014, 23:04:38 | #18
I'd like to make a costume, but it's nearly impossible to think of anything that does not center on unfixed bugs, unreleased content, lack of communication, and mountains of broken promises to the community. I'm not sure anyone would want to wear a Wakfu costume that is based off how Ankama Games treats it's community, except maybe as a form of protest.

That said.... I think I have some ideas for a costume. If you don't mind watercolor and pen/pencil drawings scanned into a computer, I think I can come up with some stuff that might be actually nice.

Sabi, a question: Is it possible to make a costume for the Nox (North America Community), or must I also represent Remington as well (Europe, basically)? Or must we be more generic, and represent the fandom as a whole, as basically just Wakfu and the Humanity which plays it?

Thanks  

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - February 24, 2014, 23:49:08.
posté February 25, 2014, 03:09:29 | #19
Hi TommyTrouble!

While we are working on improving the communication and bring you more information on whats coming up for WAKFU in 2014, which I hope will bring you a smile again, what we are looking for is a costume that represents the whole International community, which could be inspired by either Nox or Remington, whatever you feel that can represent your community the best, and of course with your touch.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-09-13
posté February 25, 2014, 03:59:10 | #20
Entry sent. Check it out Sabi. XD

Idk what is Ankama style to them... base on monster's part like Pink gobball costume? I didn't do that... just go after the costume styles in boutique. maybe similar to.... Spring has sprung Costume.

This post has been edited by RaZept - February 25, 2014, 03:59:39.