Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

WAKFU Animated Series: Kickstarter in High Gear!
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 18, 2014, 19:00:00 | #1
WAKFU Animated Series: Kickstarter in High Gear! That's it, it's official, thanks to Kickstarter an all new episode will be created! But do you sincerely believe that we will stop there? You would be wrong to underestimate us... even in the last 24 hours of campaign!

Some said it couldn't be done, but with less than 24 hours left to go, the Waku Animated Series Kickstarter campaign supporters have done the remarkable feat of raising over $400,000, which means that this Kickstarter has left the realm of simply dubbing existing materials... Now, thanks to your dedication and all the supporters from all over the world, this campaign will be producing at least one brand-new episode of Wakfu!

And while a new episode is good. Two is even better! And that is exactly what we offer via the three new stretch goals freshly added to the campaign. Here are the details:

Stretch Goal #7

To our surprise, a secondary character has received particular attention on Kickstarter. Allow us to introduce you to this very special plastic Smug Duck present in Season 2. Unsure of it? Here are a couple of pictures to help you:

A digital comic about the secret life of this enigmatic duck will be created: where it comes from, what he did and how he got to Evangelyne. You will know everything!

Stretch Goal #8

Stretch goal number 8 will give us the budget to produce a mini-feature for the making-of the new special Wakfu episode. We will follow our production team through the entire process, from conception to completion, showing you how Ankama produces the fine animation that you've so generously supported!

Stretch Goal #9

And finally... because we believe that miracles can happen (after all, we've seen so many of them happen in this very campaign), we are including one final goal, stretch goal number 9 - a second special Wakfu episode! Could yet another dream become a reality? We'll find out in less than 24 hours...

Bonus Smug Duck Contest

And if even this isn't enough Smug Duck for you, we are holding a little contest.

If you want the Smug Duck to get a cameo in the new special episode, let us know by using the hashtag #WakfuSmugDuck on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, or, alternatively, just whisper it to yourself as you snuggle into bed at night and we will hear it through the mystic flow of Wakfu that connects us all.

Here is a bonus image that you may share as you wish:

You will find there, the entire WAKFU animated series in English on Blu-Ray, and for the incredibly reasonable price of just $40 CAD / $37 USD / €27 EUR, as well as artbooks, exclusive posters, special figurines and other amazing rewards waiting to be snapped up, but it won't last much longer! Only less than 24 hours to go!

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-10-30
posté February 18, 2014, 22:31:13 | #2
One simple question: why is Ankama pandering to the literally worst part of the fandom? The duck is a forced meme, this is already pretty awful... But the /co/ fanbase you're cheering is literally as bad as bronies. I don't understand this. I thought that Ankama is slowly leaving the "generic anime girls with larg breasts and skimpy outfits", but it looks like it will get worse instead. I'm very happy about the kickstarter's success and I love the Krosmoz media, but... This is getting out of hand. I hope you guys won't succumb to fanservice insanity, I liked the stories about old people who remain competent and female characters managing to be competent without becoming fanservice fodder or a bad example of the "strong female lead with no other traits" trope. :c

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-02-10
posté February 19, 2014, 00:28:28 | #3
@Major-Caligari

Oh, so sorry for being one of those "freaks" who actually finds this teeny tiny stretch goal with the Smug Duck in a comic strip to be an awesome thing!
I guess we all have to enjoy the things you only like, since we cannot allow people to be different, and of course you are FORCED to read this comic..... wow, take it easy dude/dudette?

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-16
posté February 19, 2014, 00:32:41 | #4
Seems like i need a blue ray player now *grins*

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2006-10-16
posté February 19, 2014, 01:29:20 | #5
i always thought the duck was just a funny censor, i figured with the bath came a duck, i never looked to much into the little thing having its own story.. unless im missing the point here.. again i got the brain and brawn of an iop.. so like an iop.. im sorta clueless.. so fill me in if i missed somethin but aside from that.. i hope they aint gonna like.. remove the duck.. are they? like a edition with it removed? cause.. i mean the chicks are like 13 and 17 right? thatd be.. gross to see more then that..

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-02-21
posté February 19, 2014, 03:18:26 | #6
@Major-Caligari I agree 100% with you. No hate towards others that like this.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-01-17
posté February 19, 2014, 03:40:09 | #7
Wish I could give to this amazing series by supporting the KickStarter. Sadly I keep receiving a declined message from my visa gift card with only mere hours to go. Congrats on the successful KickStarter campaign. Rest assured when the dvd's are indeed released, I will be one of many to buy them ^^. Best of luck to the rest of the series

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2014-01-13
posté February 19, 2014, 05:05:28 | #8
Wish I could pledge more than the $75 pledge.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-02-10
posté February 19, 2014, 07:22:49 | #9
@Vahn-Gala

All they are going to do is make a short comic about the Duck it self, it's back story and how it ended up in the bathtub, nothing more.... No idea how anyone could have anything againts a story about a duck, they don't even have to read...

posté February 19, 2014, 07:49:00 | #10
The only thing that makes me sad about this is that the tshirt designs are a poll, and only the popular design will be picked to be displayed. I already know I don't like one of the designs (not saying which one) but I'll be stuck with it if it's selected, which makes me sad.

Otherwise, I like everything that's going on. I'm glad so much was raised, and I'm happy that I'll one day get to enjoy my Blu-Ray collection! Most of all I'm glad that Wakfu is getting branched out into a wider English market. It will be nice to be able to show people the anime now, since none of them cared to try to enjoy it in French (which is a shame, since I happen to love the French voice acting!)

Maybe it will get more of my friends interested in the game.

Can't wait!

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-11-05
posté February 19, 2014, 07:56:08 | #11
@Major-Caligari

If anything, we love Wakfu more than bronies care about MLP.

Please don't start anything.

Seriously.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-11-07
posté February 19, 2014, 14:32:40 | #12
Now I seriously don't want to start anything here, but I am a big fan of the show (and backer, of course) but I don't see the appeal of the smug duck. Ok, it was very funny in the cartoon, but I don't get all the hype. Could someone please explain to me (without offending anyone, please)?

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-02-26
posté February 19, 2014, 19:09:17 | #13
what is about