Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Beta Server: Saharash Arrives!
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté February 19, 2014, 16:00:00 | #1
Beta Server: Saharash Arrives! With the opening of the Beta server, we informed you that we would regularly put the spotlight on its content. Starting Friday 21/02, you will have the opportunity to take your first steps on Saharash, the island does not lack spice!

On February 21st starting at 1 PM GMT / 8 AM EST / 5 AM PST the Beta server will open its doors to a new destination: Saharash.

If you want to discover and give us your thoughts on the first part of this new island, you will only need to simply log onto the Beta server. At level 115, you will be offered a quest to get there by boat.

If you wish to join, just make sure to download and install one of these versions of the Updater:
You will then be able to access the Beta server normally via your login and password as usual. 

All of your characters will be imported with your Sidekick to the Beta server as they will be on Monday 27/01. 

Attention: Please note that this server does not give you access to the interface gift, or the Boutique, or to Krosmaster.

Also note that changes to your characters on the Beta server will not be reflected on your original server. In addition, since it is a Beta server, all the content is to be noted as being under development, we may have to restart/update it at any time

Please keep in mind that the contents of this server is subject to change and further balancing, and doesn't necessarily reflect the final quality of the content present in-game.

To facilitate testing and enable us to get a maximum amount of feedback, we placed next to the Almanax Temple a Machine to obtain equipment items and various consumables (respec, experience scroll, etc.) 

Finally, we invite you to share with us any feedback on unique topics that will be created for this purpose in the forum category "Beta Server". We also invite you to report the various bugs that you may find here (while of course using the usual bug report template). 

Thank you in advance for your participation and happy testing!

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-11-28
posté February 19, 2014, 16:16:01 | #2
So if you're not over 115 there's no point in checking out the beta server at the moment, correct?

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-12-31
posté February 19, 2014, 16:26:36 | #3
first part isle? min lvl 115 ! sabi for enter in this isle lvl min 115 ok ! this isle is ugual at sberg isle where lvl min is 100 for take boat but the isle is for lvl 100-130??? the isle is for lvl ?

sorry for my orrible english xD

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-10-31
posté February 19, 2014, 16:37:25 | #4

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 19 February 2014 16:16) *
So if you're not over 115 there's no point in checking out the beta server at the moment, correct?
You can get EXP-scrolls at the Almanax croupier. You can use them till you get Lvl 120.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-12-03
posté February 19, 2014, 16:41:07 | #5
vvvv until lvl 145*

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2013-03-08
posté February 19, 2014, 18:17:25 | #6
A new area sounds awesome. I want to know more.
It's sort of a surprise since we've gotten no letter or road map in many months. I was really hoping Wakfu's would be released right with Dofus (being that this is the newer game??)

I'm sorry to be negative but my patience is running out. If there was time to implement and post this why can't we at least get a simple letter about what is being worked on right now. ALL the questions we have, that we are begging for.

Please Sabi, we've been asking for this information for months*

*Drop tables broken with ZERO news for 3 months now going into 4.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté February 19, 2014, 18:41:50 | #7
You're doing it wrong Ankama.

The title needs to be:

Beta Server: Drop Lock/Rate Revamp Arrives!

You can pop out a new Island each month, and all we're going to do is scream and thrash about frothing at the mouth, until we get a humane drop rate implemented live ingame. I'm sorry, but there are consequences to ruining the playing experience and then not fixing it as promised.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-04
posté February 19, 2014, 19:00:03 | #8
Stuffing our mouths with new islands won't make us forget about the things we're really waiting for. Droprates/pp lock, arenas, tokens, classes. Please no more new content until you manage to do something with old problems.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté February 19, 2014, 19:10:05 | #9
Wakfu feels like the red headed step child of Dofus.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté February 19, 2014, 19:15:27 | #10
Yeah, I'll pass on any new Islands until we get back our Mobile Arenas, thank you very much.
Why must Ankama do the wrong things first and good things last when it comes to Wakfu?

This needs to have changed last year. It absolutely must this year.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-15
posté February 19, 2014, 19:28:39 | #11

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 19 February 2014 18:41) *
You're doing it wrong Ankama.

The title needs to be:

Beta Server: Drop Lock/Rate Revamp Arrives!

You can pop out a new Island each month, and all we're going to do is scream and thrash about frothing at the mouth, until we get a humane drop rate implemented live ingame. I'm sorry, but there are consequences to ruining the playing experience and then not fixing it as promised.
they never learn
we'll prolly keep getting more islands this year and people getting bored of them again.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté February 19, 2014, 19:41:11 | #12
Why cant we have an update as this:

No new area, no new system, no rising level cap.

Updating old things in the game, mobile arenas, drop system, trool fair, etc etc etc etc.

But also a sram revamp. They are so poor.

Edit: Also a politics update...

This post has been edited by Celay01 - February 19, 2014, 19:58:21.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-04-24
posté February 19, 2014, 20:19:17 | #13
Until you fix the drop rate I won't be visiting any new islands, you've taken a game with so much potential and you just mess it up!

Who cares what your customers want? Just throw more half baked content at us we'll just keep paying...

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté February 19, 2014, 21:36:10 | #14
Ankama is a joke. Same thing always happens and nothing gets fixed.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-09-04
posté February 19, 2014, 23:15:53 | #15
i'm not supporting this game till stuff is fixed and shown to be improving, im finally done ankama fix your shit, im taking all my friends with me and making a thread and advice my streamers to never support or play this game

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-06-08
posté February 20, 2014, 00:15:47 | #16
Drop Lock/Rate Revamp is much needed. Sooner the better. Thanks.

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-11-19
posté February 20, 2014, 00:30:10 | #17
Yeah, better drop rates would be nice.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-01-19
posté February 20, 2014, 02:54:49 | #18
Guess I'm the only one who doesn't care about the new pp lock. I'm looking forward to the new island.  

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-08-19
posté February 20, 2014, 03:59:29 | #19
lol.... you guys are funny. If it was easy to get drops and items, the game would be boring because everyone would be running around with the best gear. I mean it would take the fun out of the game and also if everyone had a relic, it wouldn't make it a "special" item anymore. Ya just need to farm more and lvl up more.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-02-15
posté February 20, 2014, 04:28:18 | #20

Quote (chenteramos @ 20 February 2014 03:59) *
lol.... you guys are funny. If it was easy to get drops and items, the game would be boring because everyone would be running around with the best gear. I mean it would take the fun out of the game and also if everyone had a relic, it wouldn't make it a "special" item anymore. Ya just need to farm more and lvl up more.

okay...so you think it's fine the way it is?

You mean to tell me that you've never once spent your time leveling up in the early days trying to get your set (as anything other than an enutrof) only to finally get it when you are so far ahead in level due to how long it took you to even drop the needed gear that you, again, need to go out and immediately search for new gear?

I envy your "luck". Maybe I should stop worshipping enutrof and see what ecaflip has in store for this old grumbler.

Maybe you just plan out your gear hunting better than most... however, imagine being a new player trying to get a gobball set.

Going to that monotonous dungeon again and again, never getting that cursed cape or helmet.

Time passes you finally drop the final peices...oh look you are now level 25+... have fun in your gobball gear I guess (?)

Now you can go to the next area to grind for your next big set... Is this how a game should treat equipment?

Granted it's pretty much all you do in any game, upgrading gear and the like, however there at least is a sense of accomplishment in finishing the set and being able to enjoy it...but not in wakfu...it's a short lived bitter victory...if you can even call it that.

My point is that you shouldn't be a level 20 character grinding in a level 10 dungeon looking for a level 15 set...you are already above level... and there isn't much reason to keep it for long.

This only feels like a serious issue early on...But that's why it matters so much! The first initial impressions on new players relies on the opening experience of the early levels. If it's dull or just too painful to grind for gear...then what can they look forward to?

Many people had the luxuray of playing the beta and establishing niche groups of friends to make the expereince pleasant... New players don't have such a luxuray.

Too many people get swipped up by some guild and get powerleveled for their first expereince, these days, so they don't need to even worry about hunting for gear as their guild will hand everything to them as they see fit. So it's not that big a problem for them... But what kind of gaming experience is that? Skipp all the anoying early grinding for sets and levels and piggyback to the good stuff? Gross, no thank you.

For those who don't want everything to be handed to them or given "charity" they have a long and terrible grind ahead of them...It's not all bad however. The new exp system works wonders....for alts. What about new, first, characters? Do they get a bonus in exp? I think not... if I am wrong then I am wrong though.

I am not saying you are incorrect. However, the games drop system needs to be looked into from begining and end.

Running through an hour long dungeon and having a clinch victory against a boss yield NO rewards, it's sickening... the token system is gone now... can't wait for that equipment and crafting revamp so that most gear can become craftable...when was that again?

Either way, my oppinion is that things are not fine as is if you play this game in an intended fasion and take levels in stride...it can actually be pretty challenging. Gear isn't easy to come by at all, and with the prospecting "nerf"... there should be a rebalance of the drop system in reaction to that. Multimen were supposed to serve as a psuedo solution to this but they don't cut the mustard, lad.

--Argus Saffi Espen

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - February 20, 2014, 04:33:05.