Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

World Cup: Win Almokens!
Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-01-30
posté June 13, 2014, 03:20:10 | #41

Quote (arthuriko1 @ 12 June 2014 23:40) *
God damn it, guys, would you stop whining? This is not an event, it's just a little something to celebrate the world cup. Now you guys are gonna cry rivers because of some few almokens... Geez, this comunity.
They whine about not having any events.
Give them an event with a great limited time reward, they whine.
Give them an event with a small nice reward, they still whine.

The whining is so strong with this one that it sucks to be Ankama and Sabi in particular.

Let me tell you all this, Vietnam will champ the 1-8, 1-4 and finals, and I will be there taking the whole THREE ALMOKEN while you whine.

Yes. If you see sarcasm you probably aren't mistaken.

*edit* But you gotta admit, the nature of this event kind of called for all these complains. Glad to see an event but I bet there is a better way to go about this (betting on which team win which match to win almoken - but betting might incur some legal issues)

This post has been edited by Kouromaro - June 13, 2014, 03:23:02.
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-03-01
posté June 13, 2014, 03:28:15 | #42

Quote (kurokat @ 13 June 2014 03:19) *

Quote (Celay01 @ 12 June 2014 18:40) *
Al Howin was worst event ever! xD

Don't know what you're talking about, Halloween even was great. I got two amazing monster hunter costumes and about 6 witch/wizard costumes. That and seeing the gobs as little pumpkins was adorable.

- Kat
I think he was saying that in reference to all of the bugs that caused a lot of people to be unable to complete certain achievements, as well as the fact that the pumpkin Gobballs weren't spawning as they were supposed to so a lot of people missed out on the monster hunter costume since not everyone has the time to compete with many other people farming 2-3 gobballs at a time that didn't spawn as they were supposed to.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-08-28
posté June 13, 2014, 04:25:03 | #43
QQ the usa team

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-03-07
posté June 13, 2014, 05:07:03 | #44
Wait whut?
For once being Brazilian isn't a hinderance in wakfu!

XD

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-01-06
posté June 13, 2014, 06:11:22 | #45
I kind of dislike things like this. Best of luck to everyone though, I do not follow soccer so I have no idea what teams will do well and which ones wont. But I would prefer if prizes and events related to the game itself, and not to things we have no influence over. I am glad they are trying to do more things, but I feel they should try to do some more in-game things instead maybe?

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-08-02
posté June 13, 2014, 06:52:15 | #46
our team as always lose, but will still hope for the best

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté June 13, 2014, 09:16:11 | #47
And what if my Counrty is not in the World Cup?

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2014-01-28
posté June 13, 2014, 10:19:15 | #48
I don't understand the people who are calling out those "whining" about this event, based on some (balanced/uninteresting/whatever) previous events. This is the first time I've seen an event where the player has absolutely no control or participation in.

Fact is, this really isn't an event at all. When all is said and done, tokens are just going to be handed out to some (effectively random) subset of the player base for no real reason. Might as well give tokens to every player whose phone number ends in an even number or has a first name with two vowels in it. You could even actually do something about those two things if you _really_ wanted to, unlike the performance of some guys you've never met and their ability to kick an inflated ball around on a field.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-09-29
posté June 13, 2014, 14:44:55 | #49
I loved this event.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté June 13, 2014, 16:19:25 | #50

Quote (tashlol @ 13 June 2014 02:29) *
I find it very telling that people create this sense of elitism that 'well you can't get a relic then thats your fault', 'well you can't afford a sub then thats your fault' etc but as soon as someone doesn't get an Almoken because their country isn't participating in event then its guns blazing 'WHY CAN'T EVERYONE GET ONE'. To be frank, this isn't an event its just a pleasant bonus for those eligible. If you're going to take a stand about the disparity in countries then you should do it for things like the Silver Dynast promotion and how that left out SO MANY COUNTRIES! Oh wait, thats right, you guys were probably eligible for that promotion anyway so of course it doesn't matter if people are left out.

You've made some giant assumptions in your thinking here. No one in this thread has even mentioned relics or subscriptions. If you can't afford a sub or get a relic that's a completely separate issue and has absolutely nothing to do with the issues surrounding this 'event'. For example, the issues involved in getting a relic affects every single player on a server equally. Every single player on that same server can't enjoy this 'event'.

When you made your post it must have been directed at me as i was easily the first and most vocal about this event. I've never said any of the things you've associated with me. For the record, i have no relics either.

Regarding the limited edition and server specific costumes: Those are fair for everyone on that server. Yeah it sucks they are server specific but each server is treated fairly and any offer is available to everyone on that server. There is a big difference between playing favorites for each server and playing favorites between players on the same server.

Everyone playing Wakfu has accepted it is an online game with a boutique. The boutique will have items and specials you can either afford to buy or not. Again, each person has accepted this before playing. If you can't afford everything in the boutique and this bothers you... maybe this game isn't for you.

This World Cup event is a bad precedent. Thankfully it's only Almokens and a costume only a few will get. But you can't argue that everyone on the server has an equal chance to get those rewards. If your country is poor with a football you'll have little chance. If your country isn't even at the World Cup, you have no chance.

I'm letting Ankama know how bad this idea was so hopefully in the future they will find a way to have a 'World Cup' or another special event that everyone can enjoy. I think that is a very reasonable request. If you disagree... i think you're the one being elitist.

PS: I'm a massive football/soccer fan who supports Chelsea. I will miss you Frank Lampard^^

posté June 13, 2014, 16:52:29 | #51
thank you, its nice
www.soran.edu.iq

This post has been edited by sitkan12 - June 13, 2014, 16:53:44.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-09-10
posté June 13, 2014, 19:58:54 | #52
Ankama, are you really sure that France is going to win this World Cup? For me it's looks like they want to give french people another insignia xD

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-02-10
posté June 14, 2014, 09:03:31 | #53
The Netherlands dominating

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-07-29
posté June 14, 2014, 20:18:48 | #54
Goodbye Spain!

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-02-16
posté June 14, 2014, 22:44:45 | #55
Well, since i'm living in Germany, there's at least a theoretical chance to get one or two almokens. But giving the players at least the possibility to "cheer" for a different country than the one they're at would have been a lot better.

Community Helper * Member Since 2013-01-13
posté June 15, 2014, 03:14:41 | #56

Quote (Gynrei @ 13 June 2014 16:19) *

Quote (tashlol @ 13 June 2014 02:29) *
I find it very telling that people create this sense of elitism that 'well you can't get a relic then thats your fault', 'well you can't afford a sub then thats your fault' etc but as soon as someone doesn't get an Almoken because their country isn't participating in event then its guns blazing 'WHY CAN'T EVERYONE GET ONE'. To be frank, this isn't an event its just a pleasant bonus for those eligible. If you're going to take a stand about the disparity in countries then you should do it for things like the Silver Dynast promotion and how that left out SO MANY COUNTRIES! Oh wait, thats right, you guys were probably eligible for that promotion anyway so of course it doesn't matter if people are left out.

You've made some giant assumptions in your thinking here. No one in this thread has even mentioned relics or subscriptions. If you can't afford a sub or get a relic that's a completely separate issue and has absolutely nothing to do with the issues surrounding this 'event'. For example, the issues involved in getting a relic affects every single player on a server equally. Every single player on that same server can't enjoy this 'event'.

When you made your post it must have been directed at me as i was easily the first and most vocal about this event. I've never said any of the things you've associated with me. For the record, i have no relics either.

Regarding the limited edition and server specific costumes: Those are fair for everyone on that server. Yeah it sucks they are server specific but each server is treated fairly and any offer is available to everyone on that server. There is a big difference between playing favorites for each server and playing favorites between players on the same server.

Everyone playing Wakfu has accepted it is an online game with a boutique. The boutique will have items and specials you can either afford to buy or not. Again, each person has accepted this before playing. If you can't afford everything in the boutique and this bothers you... maybe this game isn't for you.

This World Cup event is a bad precedent. Thankfully it's only Almokens and a costume only a few will get. But you can't argue that everyone on the server has an equal chance to get those rewards. If your country is poor with a football you'll have little chance. If your country isn't even at the World Cup, you have no chance.

I'm letting Ankama know how bad this idea was so hopefully in the future they will find a way to have a 'World Cup' or another special event that everyone can enjoy. I think that is a very reasonable request. If you disagree... i think you're the one being elitist.

PS: I'm a massive football/soccer fan who supports Chelsea. I will miss you Frank Lampard^^
I'll also add in the other section of my comment as it directly ties in with the first and excluding it like you have is doing my opinion an injustice:
" In short: I think this is a really sweet bonus idea for getting into the spirit of things. I'd much prefer if Gobbowl was still alive so that they could hold tournaments there. Perhaps next time to sooth the whiners giving out a complimentary in-game Gobbowl item for everyone might be a good idea. Ah well another time "

Nothing I said in my comment was directly targeted at you, so I feel your defensive stance isn't particularly needed. I do apologise for the miscommunication and can see how it would appear like it was directed at you. For that I'm sorry. I saw comments before yours complaining about this, and many many after my response have been negative as well (as I assumed when posting). We disagree, thats fine. I have nothing new to add nor do I have a desire to try and convince anyone of my point of view. I would like you to know however that completely disregarding the bit where I offered an alternative where everyone could benefit was quite plainly showing that I think this event could be approached a lot better and give everyone at least a tangible item so that they can enjoy in the fun as well. You've jumped to a lot of conclusions, like my opinion on a cash Boutique, who (if anyone) this comment was directed at, and that my reference to the elitism on these forums was purely from this thread. My suggestion to you in future is to take your negative opinion and try to derive some suggestions on how to improve things like this in the future. Thats what I tried to do with my response, which is why I'm disappointed you neglected my second paragraph. Criticism is only constructive if you can derive ways of how to better something. I see a lot of people's criticism over and over and again and offering zero in regards of how to fix it. So my parting question to you Gynrei is: What would you do to make this event more satisfying and inclusive for the entire player base? Please note that removing it entirely or making the costume available in the shop are of course options.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté June 15, 2014, 12:48:07 | #57

Quote (tashlol @ 15 June 2014 03:14) *
So my parting question to you Gynrei is: What would you do to make this event more satisfying and inclusive for the entire player base?

I already answered this question. You might want to read the thread if you can't find it.

posté June 15, 2014, 15:43:27 | #58
Personally, I think (subscribed) accounts should have been given the opportunity to select a country to cheer on / root for. This way, excluded countries could participate and supporters of countries other than their connecting address could have done so too.

Or, even better - the gobbowl minigame from the wild gobball questline could have been reused and turned into an event like the christmas one. Go to one of the gobbowl fields in the nations, fight against a few waves, win some almokens and the gobbowler set (is it meant to be a costume? :s)
Maybe set it up so you could vs other players too :0

or an event linked to Click here could have been set up

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté June 15, 2014, 16:09:00 | #59
Wake up everybody, open your eyes!

Do you think they care about most of the world cant join this?

France is there and it is enough for them.

Also we just could win some almokens, didnt lose anything.

Complain about something serious, like they are giving french people golden croums but they tricked rest of world with selling us just one puzzle piece, and not giving us rest.  

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2006-02-21
posté June 15, 2014, 17:50:12 | #60
I'M JUST GOING TO QUOTE MYSELF HERE CAUSE F*bleep* YES!

GO HOLLAND. Got to the finals last time and lost dramatically versus Spain. NAIL IT THIS TIME! \o/

I wrote this earlier but tbh, I hadn't even DARED dream about these results.

5-1, 'nuf said.